Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
7% TFA Citrus Punch
3% TFA Dragonfruit
4% TFA Pomegranate
2% TFA Sour
opt. 1-3% TFA Koolada

Shake and vape. Steeping helps a little as always, but good to go immediately.

This is somewhat more of a "tank version" as the flavor is fairly intense, but it is totally OK for RDAs and other devices with particularly good flavor. I use this exact recipe in most of my various toppers. It just might be too much for some, depending on your sensitivity. I have also enjoyed this same recipe cut down by a quarter or half, with the latter being a fairly lightly flavored vape for me.

So far the comments I've gotten on this one have been overwhelmingly positive, which is extra nice when the recipe is so stupid straightforward.

Enjoy and let me know if you make some :)

Last edited:

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wil
7% TFA Citrus Punch
3% TFA Dragonfruit
4% TFA Pomegranate
2% TFA Sour
opt. 1-3% TFA Koolada

Shake and vape. Steeping helps a little as always, but good to go immediately.

This is somewhat more of a "tank version" as the flavor is fairly intense, but it is totally This OK for RDAs and other devices with particularly good flavor. I use this exact recipe in most of my various toppers. It just might be too much for some, depending on your sensitivity. I have also enjoyed this same recipe cut down by a quarter or half, with the latter being a fairly lightly flavored vape for me.

So far the comments I've gotten on this one have been overwhelmingly positive, which is extra nice when the recipe is so stupid straightforward.

Enjoy and let me know if you make some :)
Will try this at some point .... When I have all the flavours.

How do you find Koolada works here? I love the stuff. It can really add to the character of juice and makes most fruit flavour 'pop' for me in a way nothing else does. As little as 1 drop per 15ml can really bring out character in a juice for me!

Also, what are your thoughts on TPA sour? Got some on the way, really looking forward to trying it! Got lots of ideas!

Thanks for sharing! :)

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wil

How do you find Koolada works here? I love the stuff. It can really add to the character of juice and makes most fruit flavour 'pop' for me in a way nothing else does. As little as 1 drop per 15ml can really bring out character in a juice for me!

Also, what are your thoughts on TPA sour? Got some on the way, really looking forward to trying it! Got lots of ideas!

Thanks for sharing! :)
I was really disappointed in TFA sour. It isn't sour. Not for me anyway and I love sour candy so was kinda bummed..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

The Koolada works beautifully here. I love the stuff too so I'm sure that's no small part of it, but it's great in this. I usually use 2-3% in this for a pretty big blast of the stuff, like an iced soda, but I'm sure a few drops per 10-15mL would also work great. It is optional, but highly recommended that some amount be used.

Personally I disagree with the above response about TPA sour. I use it more than any other. I DO agree it's not as intense as others and probably not the best if you want a super tart juice, but it works so well as a flavor enhancer that I don't even care. If I want a real pucker there are other things to use and frankly some are too intense for me to want to inhale much. I like that TPA's Sour is easy to control and creates a noticeable difference with just a few drops, even though it may not be the best at truly creating a sour sour juice. I love sour candy too and I concur it's not the best at recreating that, but for me that's fine. It is still an insanely versatile, highly-used, and well-worn flavor in this mixing lab :)

Last edited:

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How sweet/ sour does is this recipe? How does it do with steeping?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is not overly sweet or overly sour, kind of in the middle. The Citrus Punch is more tart to begin and the Dragonfruit is more middling, the Pom is sweet. With the added sour it definitely leans a more tart juice than sweet. If you use all of the exact ingredients, it's not super sour though. As I mentioned above, the TFA Sour doesn't create a real puckering sour taste. Any substitutions may obviously change this.

It does not need steeping but holds up well. IME it doesn't change much more after 5-6 days of sitting, but it's good to go immediately.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yummy, I might sweeten it up a little bit very close to one of my favorite commercially made ones.

What does koolaida do to the flavor?

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I'm going to make another test batch, marshmallow or sweetener and much to start at?

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
recipe sounds great. I have all ingredients except the dragon fruit.

Speaking of sour. I have the TFA sour and its kinda sour but not that "pucker up" type that Id like. I tried one from Flavor Art and it was not right, in fact other than making my liquids "dirty/ gunky" it was not sour , at least to me.

Is there a brand of "sour" that is that makes you pucker up?

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@formernuke yeah, what @KGuardian said. That's why I use Koolada over a true menthol. It gives the cooling effect without imparting a menthol flavor. I do feel like in small amounts it sometimes help to "brighten up" fruity recipes a bit, but it's not usually a significant difference in that regard and again, has no real taste of its own. What juice does this taste like to you?

I wouldn't personally use marshmallow in this one myself, but you probably could start with 1.5-2% Ethyl Maltol or 1% most companies' "Sweetener"s and go from there if you need a bit more sweetness. I don't think marshmallow would be terrible, that's just a personal preference thing... I'd likewise start low, depending on the brand.

@anavidfan let me know if you try it.

I recall having very good luck with Lorann's Tart and Sour if I'm remembering right, but I haven't bought any in a while. I'm sure I have it noted somewhere one way or the other, just not in front of me. Of course none of the places I typically order from sell it. I just haven't made a juice that tart in a while, but I want to... maybe I'll place an order from OSDIYS sometime soon. I think they have it.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm also going to try some black cherry in it as well see what happens.

DarkJester89

Member For 4 Years
I made this andbthe pomegranate is very fined but its probably the best smelling juice ive seen.. or..uh..smelled haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine are steeping, I'm inpatient due to sickness for a week now, guessing I'll be about another week and a half and then I can report the experiements I have tried.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
recipe sounds great. I have all ingredients except the dragon fruit.

Speaking of sour. I have the TFA sour and its kinda sour but not that "pucker up" type that Id like. I tried one from Flavor Art and it was not right, in fact other than making my liquids "dirty/ gunky" it was not sour , at least to me.

Is there a brand of "sour" that is that makes you pucker up?
So far, I haven't had any luck making a sour eJuice. I've tried TFA Sour, Citric Acid, both with a touch of FA Bitter Wizzard, without great success. However, I recently saw a FA Sour Wizzard mentioned, a new flavor by FA. Of course, you can't get it in the US yet.

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@Neunerball have you tried Lorann's Tart and Sour? As I said above it's been forever since I've used any so I'm not saying that's the ticket, just asking.

@jeffbalfa3 so glad it's working out for you!

VU Sponsors