Status
Not open for further replies.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Duh. Sorry about that. My name is Stuart. I'm the business manager here, but I'm the only one that does the forum thing usually. So it's a safe bet if this account is posting, it's me. And it's a 110% bet that if this account is posting about sloths, it's definitely me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
hiya Stuart! and love your ss316L wires - the vertibraid is really nice, though i tend to use the fused clapton more at this point... GOOD STUFFZ!

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
and i gotta figure out how to update the firmware on the sxmini m steal... it no likey Win10... fortunately, i have some machines running older versions (7, 8) and just slapped all the files in dropbox, so should be able to finagle that... now, if my liter of pure nic would quit traipsin' around middle tennessee and get delivered... wtf, UPS?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey there, Mr. Morley. Thought I would toss up a couple of my favorites from this lil gem. If you have Amazon Prime, you can download most of her songs. RadioHeads "Creep" is haunting."Falling in love in a coffee shop" is pretty nice too. The 3rd one has a surprise. You'll see that artists are pretty aware of her amazing covers of their songs.
<snipped to be polite to Velvet Underground>

Yeah, I'm in deep smit.

Grabbed copies from the tube. I listened to her one Don't Care. It was rather bittersweet to hear. Her vocals and the lyrics were awesome, being a song about a break up though made it kind of bitter tainted. Some singers you can tell by their craft have soul. Others are just flat out spewing words with nothing behind it. Can hear exactly why you're smitten with her singing. She is full of soul.

Being a Hillbilly I ain't supposed to like nothing but bluegrass, or so the type casting goes. Hell I like good music. Can I define good music? No, not really. I know it when I hear it, and only then. I do not like a lot of rap, hip hop, ska because it all gets bogged down with busting caps, swinging the blinging. Sorry, we got enuff fear, hate, greed going on in the world(s) I dinnae need to hear more of the same to relax.

Some would point out a contradiction because I listen to Sepultura & some of their titles like Straight Hate, CutThroat, Blood seem to be over the top with violence, hate, aggression. Well there is a contradiction and I don't deny it. The point for me though is Sepultura also took a stand regarding running out indigenous peoples just to harvest resources.

One of their songs details an event as such where [Corp Name Deleted For Obvious Reasons (Sorry, Yes I value no censorship. No, I'm not stupid enough to possibly be libel, or defaming some big horde of lawyers.)] took land for coca. The lyrics express how the people were rounded up, jailed, killed. this happened literally right before the vocalist's eyes. He had been in the jungle with a friend from the area, sat hidden and watched it powerless to stop it. He got his power back in the song.

There's a difference in that than senselessly going on about how cool it is to go around gang busting, glocking every fucker in sight. Sorry for such bleakness. In lighter news, scientists are working on improving the feeding rate of a bacteria what eats plastics. It currently takes the bacteria four to six weeks to eat a twenty ounce size plastic bottle. They are hoping to get this feeding time down to only a week. This would help over-crowding in land fills.

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol... it's OK, they faint. They remember nothing when they come to.
Well I was gonna ask which of the various things you listed you were doing with the goats. But if they faint they can't very well play poker, and I've heard goats swear like a sailor (at least I think that's what they were doing), so that ain't gonna make 'em faint. And if they come to, then you clearly ain't shooting 'em. I guess I know what "various other shenaniganery" means now.:goat:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
10387296_1054621744560225_8191624908523395540_n.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon and GFY! Looks like the rain is just starting to hit us. More rain, stronger, coming tomorrow. I hope this stuff passes by tomorrow afternoon. I have plans for the weekend!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
Yea I see you're getting it BAD now. It kind of went around us for now. Have fun this weekend!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Afternoon and GFY! Looks like the rain is just starting to hit us. More rain, stronger, coming tomorrow. I hope this stuff passes by tomorrow afternoon. I have plans for the weekend!

I am getting slammed right now by a wall of red lines on the radar. It's dark enough outside you'd think it was almost 10pm....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not all goats faint, just that particular breed.

Goats are one of my favorite pets. I would get another if I didn't already have so much to take care of.

I need a day off from the attys.
The farmers here say if a fence can't hold water, it can't hold a goat. And I believe it. Seen many eat through wire fences.
I always have an Eye on YOU!! Your the Wild Bunch!! Lol ;)
Yea, I do get that wild hair every once and a while.
upload_2016-5-26_14-50-9.png

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kad, I don't mean the goats "eat" and swallow the metal fencing. They eat at the wood posts, stick their heads through the wiring, and trample it. I had to redo my mom's fence over and over again because her neighbor's goats would pummel the fence and they'd get in with our old horses and steal their food. It was a nightmare. My sister's horse was blind and those stupid goats would climb all over her and take her food.
Sorry goat lovers. I don't mind them as long as they stay in their own yard.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I was trying to be punny. Apparently I wasn't very successful.:)
Ya can't be successful with a DINGBAT. lol!!! I'm sure everyone else got it.:D
I feel so much better this afternoon. Evidently there was a luncheon yesterday here at work when I was home sick. Because there were TONS of leftovers here. Had brisket, potato salad, fudge, 2 slices of apple pie --- with whipped cream on top. I just couldn't stop eating. First time I ate good in days and boy was it GOOD.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ya can't be successful with a DINGBAT. lol!!! I'm sure everyone else got it.:D
I feel so much better this afternoon. Evidently there was a luncheon yesterday here at work when I was home sick. Because there were TONS of leftovers here. Had brisket, potato salad, fudge, 2 slices of apple pie --- with whipped cream on top. I just couldn't stop eating. First time I ate good in days and boy was it GOOD.
Glad you're feeling so much better! And now I'm hungry! I'd love a mess of brisket about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors