Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One thing I've noticed here on VU besides freedom to be a human (lol) is that most here seem to be subohm/higher power/DL vapers. Where's the tootle puffer MTL threads :D
Of course now that I'm building 0.6 ohm SS coils technically I'm subohming but at <400 deg and 11W MTL it's still tootle puffing :rolleyes:
I'm still MTL as well.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
One thing I've noticed here on VU besides freedom to be a human (lol) is that most here seem to be subohm/higher power/DL vapers. Where's the tootle puffer MTL threads :D
Of course now that I'm building 0.6 ohm SS coils technically I'm subohming but at <400 deg and 11W MTL it's still tootle puffing :rolleyes:

Gotta have my MTL!

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well nice to see other MTL folks here! I figured some of you former ECF folks would be and I certainly remember most of you from there!
I used to use a pack of Nautulus coils a week, even though I would build coils on Kayfuns sometimes on the weekend. I never got into dry burning coils on those since to me it affect flavor, nothing like a fresh new coil and wick for flavor. To save a little money I finally tried the Ego One CLR rebuildable coils and haven't bought a Nautilus coil since. I rebuild and wick 10 CLR coils with SS every other week and I'm set for only a dime or two a coil and an hour or so of hobby labor :) I vape them on Amor, Ego One V2, and Ego One Mega tanks.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yep subohming means little now.
I subohm Kanger Stubtank Mini V2's with rba. SS316l .4 ohm at 17 watts.
And I subohm .25 ohm SS316l's in a Kanger dripbox atty on a CV mod. 40 - 50 watts.

True MTL I never liked or did after I moved up off of 808 batteries.
But many anjoy tight MTL vapiing and I have nothing against those who vape that way.
Much better than smoking any way you cut it.
I use high pG juice and the subtank Mini tended to leak out the airholes. I found some of the old V1 Rba's with the notch at bottom instead of the wick holes and they did better.
Nothing wrong with DL either I tried it and it was ok, I just stuck with how I smoked :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use high pG juice and the subtank Mini tended to leak out the airholes. I found some of the old V1 Rba's with the notch at bottom instead of the wick holes and they did better.
Nothing wrong with DL either I tried it and it was ok, I just stuck with how I smoked :)
I am running 60%PG STM V2 RBA and never a leak. Well twice in 2 years. Lost the oring on the base of the RBA and did not notice. The other time i just messed up on wicking. And I Keep a filled subtank mini in my carry bag which has been spending some of this summer in a closed up car parked in the sun....

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy Saturday Lucy, and any other Fugees that are floating around. Had some sever storms roll through last night. High humidity today. Currently 83 but feels like 101! :eek:
I need to mow, but may wait until tomorrow.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Corporate policy has always been that they serve beer and wine, with a 2 drink limit, at the corporate owned stores. Franchise stores it's up to the franchisee.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or local laws. I live in the bible Belt still no Sunday alcohol sales here.
Nor in Indiana. There has been a push to change that law in recent years. Oddly, it's the liquor stores that oppose the change. They feel that it will drive more sales to the grocery stores and superstores and thus make it even harder for them to compete.
I admit I have a hard time following that logic.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nor in Indiana. There has been a push to change that law in recent years. Oddly, it's the liquor stores that oppose the change. They feel that it will drive more sales to the grocery stores and superstores and thus make it even harder for them to compete.
I admit I have a hard time following that logic.
Unless they also change the law here on what you can buy where that logic does not apply here.
Churches teamed up with bootleggers have kept down alc sales here. We still have many totally dry counties.
Except for Beer only Drug Stores and Liquor stores can sell wine and booze.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know... I think I'm about done with this place. Maybe I'll just stick with the We Love Cats thread because I love those silly kitties. But lately, my opinions seem to be totally and absolutely unwelcome around here, so I don't really see any point in sticking around. Too bad, since Tuesday is my 3 yr no-smoke-a-versary.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You know... I think I'm about done with this place. Maybe I'll just stick with the We Love Cats thread because I love those silly kitties. But lately, my opinions seem to be totally and absolutely unwelcome around here, so I don't really see any point in sticking around. Too bad, since Tuesday is my 3 yr no-smoke-a-versary.

Andria

Who's messing with you?

I think Kookievaper got schooled :giggle:

Certainly not in this thread I hope, we all <3 you :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
WHAT?

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
:confused::confused::confused:
I'm not sure what happened, but I don't see anyone here indicating your opinions are unwelcome?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not in here, no. Well, a little in here, though it was a few weeks back. Just all across the rest of the forum. But what the hey. I'm not a new vaper who needs mentoring or tech support, I've vaped for over 3 yrs, I'm [nearly] 3 yrs smoke-free and that's unlikely to go anywhere -- I may occasionally have thoughts and fantasies about drinking, but never about smoking.

I guess I could simply unwatch every thread except the kitties and this one, and just never look at the "new posts"; that way no one could say that I'm everywhere all over the forum butting in with unwelcome and asinine opinions. It just reminds me of why I'm 99.99% a hermit -- I don't fit the rest of the world... by nature, and by choice. I don't even fit in with vapers, since I refuse to become a vapor huffer. It all just reminds me that I should just shut up and not venture any opinions, because they're bound to be unpopular. I'm 56 yrs old but according to the rest of the world, I'm stupid, I know nothing, and have nothing of any value to contribute anywhere, so I should just sit down and shut up. Msg received loud and clear.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
according to the rest of the world, I'm stupid, I know nothing, and have nothing of any value to contribute anywhere, so I should just sit down and shut up. Msg received loud and clear.

no one could say that I'm everywhere all over the forum butting in with unwelcome and asinine opinions

While I don't go following you around everywhere on VU (or maybe I do and just don't know it, lol) we do both post in quite a few of the same threads

I saw one moron noob use similar language towards you, and we shut that moron down. Fucking idiot had no idea how a forum works, will not learn anything with that kind of attitude and will alienate experienced people that normally would have helped them

Any other disagreement with an opinion of yours (I saw only one) I thought was at least presented respectfully

Disagreements on opinions are inevitable on a forum

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I saw one moron noob use similar language towards you, and we shut that moron down.

Well, true, and yeah it was quite apparent that he had no clue how a forum works, and apparently zero people-skills. But the thing about being all over the forum butting in with my opinion, that's not the first time I've been accused of that; Whiskey accused me of it first, and since she was a moderator then, there was no shutting her down. And you know... if one person says a thing, then it's just their opinion, easily discounted. But if other people say the same thing... only a complete fool disregards that, and I may be stupid and know nothing, but I'm really not a complete fool. Apparently what I thought were contributions to the forum, are not perceived that way, and that being true, why should I continue "contributing"? Pearls before swine and all that: if my contributions are not valued, then I will simply keep them to myself. If anyone wants my opinion on anything, they can ask me; otherwise, mum's the word.

I'm a hermit because I don't fit in anywhere, but also because I do have feelings, and I'm not going to allow potshots at them. If I don't say anything, then no one can accuse me of butting in where I don't belong. I've enjoyed being part of such a large and varied forum, but apparently that enjoyment has all been one-sided. I'll just read more books, to occupy myself.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, true, and yeah it was quite apparent that he had no clue how a forum works, and apparently zero people-skills. But the thing about being all over the forum butting in with my opinion, that's not the first time I've been accused of that; Whiskey accused me of it first, and since she was a moderator then, there was no shutting her down. And you know... if one person says a thing, then it's just their opinion, easily discounted. But if other people say the same thing... only a complete fool disregards that, and I may be stupid and know nothing, but I'm really not a complete fool. Apparently what I thought were contributions to the forum, are not perceived that way, and that being true, why should I continue "contributing"? Pearls before swine and all that: if my contributions are not valued, then I will simply keep them to myself. If anyone wants my opinion on anything, they can ask me; otherwise, mum's the word.

I'm a hermit because I don't fit in anywhere, but also because I do have feelings, and I'm not going to allow potshots at them. If I don't say anything, then no one can accuse me of butting in where I don't belong. I've enjoyed being part of such a large and varied forum, but apparently that enjoyment has all been one-sided. I'll just read more books, to occupy myself.

Andria

Both people you mention have also come after me - some more than once

It's their problem, not mine

I've also been called an attention whore, a cunt, and many other really unsavory things by various people on the forum - once again, their problem. Now if several people called me that, a rethinking of how I post - or even leaving - would be in order
But allowing one person (who obviously has issues) to ruin something I enjoy? Ain't happening. Letting some random wack job on the internet run my life, dictate how I spend my time? Are you kidding?

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Both people you mention have also come after me - some more than once

It's their problem, not mine

I've also been called an attention whore, a cunt, and many other really unsavory things by various people on the forum - once again, their problem. Now if several people called me that, a rethinking of how I post - or even leaving - would be in order
But allowing one person (who obviously has issues) to ruin something I enjoy? Ain't happening. Letting some random wack job on the internet run my life, dictate how I spend my time? Are you kidding?
Ahhh, the good old days. That was the guy that started shit in the Merlin thread wasn't it?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ahhh, the good old days. That was the guy that started shit in the Merlin thread wasn't it?

He was the first - but it has happened not once but twice since then. You always have to consider the source ;)

EDIT: If there is one thing I have learned in life, it's that the more right you are, the angrier and nastier some people will be

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One thing I've known for a long time, is that most people prefer comfort to truth. And it seems to be true around here as well. Comfort is nice, but I've always preferred truth. If the truth is that MY truth is not valued, then I will keep it to myself: "pearls before swine," precisely.

But one thing that really irks me is when people tell me "you just don't know", when in fact I know EXACTLY, from personal experience, but shit, getting into a pissing contest on the internet? How ridiculous and cliched. I like books: they don't give me attitude. Even War & Peace just sat there on the desk, unconcerned with whether I got it, or if I read it at all: it was strictly up to me, whether I read it, whether I got it, whether I learned anything from it. (I did in fact learn something: 19th century Russians take "prolix" to whole new heights! And also, "beware of winter in Russia", something a man as smart as Napoleon should have known from the outset, as well as the fact that drunken soldiers and fire in wooden towns are a really bad mix.)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
Huh?????? You may NOT leave!!! I just came back. Bronchitis is better. And my 2 year is coming up because of YOUR help!!!!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm dying for some pancakes - but I can't have any :(
That does sound good Lucy. I'm sorry you can't have a pancake. :(
I lost 10 pounds with this bronchitis the last 5 weeks. Couldn't eat a whole meal without gasping for breath. I've eaten ALL day today to make up for it. :rolleyes:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd like to add more to my above Andria comment. If it weren't for Andria being "tough", I certainly would have failed that week of not smoking. Vaping has saved lives. And Vapers have in turn helped to save lives. Other than being stupid and painting with spray paint without a mask, I've never breathed better.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buck up Andria,
You stay strong against the booze and yo0u can against stupid assholes too.
We would miss ya bad if you leave.

On a more cheerful note had a good visit with relatives in eastern KY today.
3 sisters, 1 BIL, 1 Niece and 2 nephews.
A good time was had by all and no Tribbles were harmed in the filming.
We did kill some good food though :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Buck up Andria,
You stay strong against the booze and yo0u can against stupid assholes too.
We would miss ya bad if you leave.

On a more cheerful note had a good visit with relatives in eastern KY today.
3 sisters, 1 BIL, 1 Niece and 2 nephews.
A good time was had by all and no Tribbles were harmed in the filming.
We did kill some good food though :)

Eastern Kentucky is the Final Frontier?

Alaska is the last frontier

Kentucky is famous for fried chicken

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Look on the womper thread hehehe
I actually stopped following it weeks ago, no one was ever there. The one on ECF has been more active the last couple of months. Guess I'll have to go have a look if there is some kind of inside Star Trek joke about Tribbles in KY.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria
You sure fit in anywhere I am Andrea. And I've noticed a lot of younger people who know so much here except that they know nothing lol. I just say my facts and let them take it or leave it. If they don't learn from your experience that's there loss. I sure learned from you! :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You sure fit in anywhere I am Andrea. And I've noticed a lot of younger people who know so much here except that they know nothing lol. I just say my facts and let them take it or leave it. If they don't learn from your experience that's there loss. I sure learned from you! :)

That's about the best you can do

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thx y'all. :hug: :blowkiss: Maybe I'll just stay in here... and the kitties too, of course. :)

My son keeps talking about getting another kitten... but Tuxie is only now starting to get used to HIM being here, definitely don't think she's ready to deal with another feline in the family. :giggle:

And speaking of my spawn... finally found a recent pic... can you BELIEVE this guy is 29????

spencerooni.jpg

That was in March, so he was only 28, but still... :facepalm: Course, he needed a haircut in the WORST way. Now that he's had one, his vanishing hairline shows, and believing he's 29 is a bit easier. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And BTW y'all.. I'm really really pleased to know that I've helped people with vaping and quitting smoking -- when I never even thought *I* could quit, being able to quit and also help others quit the same way, that's very satisfying. :) My son is also doing just GREAT with it; he's coming up on 3 wks smoke-free, vaping with a variety of my mods, my old KFL+'s, and some XL std. resistance cartos -- good thing I still have functional vv3s and Sigelei Zmax's, for resistance in the 2.8Ω range; newer mods won't fire that. :huh:

He saw this one when I was looking at some vape porn in the forum the other day, and really likes it:

revenger.jpg

I checked some prices, and currently it appears to be in the mid-$40 (china) to high-$60 range (US); I told him that in a few months, that price will drop substantially. Anyone know anything about these mods? They any good? He won't be getting the full kit; I explained about the massive airflow of attys with that type of "huff" driptip, and he has zero interest in that; he'll probably just keep vaping the KFL+'s. But I thought I'd see if anyone has any info about the mod.

And also, does anyone know where I might find some old KFL+'s? I have a black one, but that bastard has ALWAYS leaked, since I first got it, though I've replaced every fucking o-ring on it; it's a Tobeco and those are usually great, but that one is a big ol lemon. :mad:

Andria

VU Sponsors