ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hope Mr JuicyLucy finally listens to You and his Doc. Best of luck Juice...!

We'll see, all I can do is provide the way - for him

So how's Arizona? Still baking away?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We'll see, all I can do is provide the way - for him

I had to have a fairly major meltdown or 3 when we first discovered my husband's astronomical hypertension, and he didn't wanna go to the doctor. Finally convinced him to go to the VA, since he's a former jarhead. And thank god he went, because they discovered -- and then cured -- his Hep C. But absolutely you have to play the "goddamnit you have to live so we can fucking grow old together!" card; some men are nearly impossible to move. Stubborn assholes. :wait:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was, tonight it's raining so hard I can't hear myself talking to myself.....which is a good thang.....:vino:

I just heard a peal of thunder; there appears to be a fairly huge "wedge" type front bearing down on us. I don't know if it's significant, over land, but I see an almost circular motion to the massive thing just north of us, and the small green blobs that are further south. It's worrying.

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to have a fairly major meltdown or 3 when we first discovered my husband's astronomical hypertension, and he didn't wanna go to the doctor. Finally convinced him to go to the VA, since he's a former jarhead. And thank god he went, because they discovered -- and then cured -- his Hep C. But absolutely you have to play the "goddamnit you have to live so we can fucking grow old together!" card; some men are nearly impossible to move. Stubborn assholes. :wait:

Andria
I had that damn hep c too but thankfully mine is sleeping now & I'm so glad it didn't affect my liver. I'm glad your husband got rid of his! A mate of mine died of it cos it got to his liver :(

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

Oh, we already went through the untreated hypertension BS 15 years ago - and more than once subsequently. He's on tons of medications for hypertension because he won't even think of giving good nutrition lip service, little lone actually try it for one snack a day

I personally went through the Hep C thing - and the cure was awful, but the meds are better now I believe

I always tell him I'm trying to make him last

Part of the problem is the fact that he believes that eating, drinking and smoking as much as he wants of whatever he wants equates to living the good life - not the short life

He also believes his health is in the hands of doctors and he doesn't have to take care of himself - no matter what they, me or anyone else says

With a few set backs - I keep getting better and better, he keeps getting worse and worse

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, we already went through the untreated hypertension BS 15 years ago - and more than once subsequently. He's on tons of medications for hypertension because he won't even think of giving good nutrition lip service, little lone actually try it for one snack a day

I personally went through the Hep C thing - and the cure was awful, but the meds are better now I believe

I always tell him I'm trying to make him last

Part of the problem is the fact that he believes that eating, drinking and smoking as much as he wants of whatever he wants equates to living the good life - not the short life

He also believes his health is in the hands of doctors and he doesn't have to take care of himself - no matter what they, me or anyone else says

With a few set backs - I keep getting better and better, he keeps getting worse and worse

My mother had that same belief about doctors, and her diabetes. And we know where she is now. :( :facepalm: I tried to explain to my aunt recently why it's important to know something about medical matters as they relate to one's own health, but I dunno if I convinced her or not -- the fact that doctors are taught the "generic" version of the human body, but since everyone's body is different, sometimes the "generic" version just doesn't apply. And also of course, the old pun about how doctors are "just practicing." Which sadly seems all too true in too many cases.

Thankfully, my husband is "an old hippie" (his words!), so "you are what you eat" is part of his everyday understanding, and even more fortunately, I've always considered it "my job" to make sure that not only are there good things to eat on our plates, but they are also GOOD FOR YOU things -- which taste good, because no one would eat bad-tasting shit no matter how good for you it is! I've even managed to get him to switch to decaf Cokes -- which was a real struggle! But I think I mentioned recently that he's been agitating about trying to address his hypertension "holistically", with his diet, rather than BP meds. I dunno how I feel about that, truthfully, but I pointed out that a good first step would be to eliminate most or all of the dietary items which could make his hypertension *worse*... and he went along, thank goodness. I also insist that he eat oatmeal once a week -- despite his complaint that his cholesterol is always perfectly normal -- I pointed out that we want to KEEP IT THAT WAY! So he goes along with that too -- plus the fact that though I'm neither diabetic nor obese and don't have hypertension, I do often have elevated LDL and triglycerides, and he wants me to stay healthy, doesn't he? ;) (I actually try to eat oatmeal twice weekly!) And salmon AT LEAST monthly, which nobody around here minds a bit.

All you can do is keep harping at him. And let him know that the only way to shut you up about it is to give in gracefully. ;)

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey y'all, thought I'd drop by and say GFY to everyone since it's been awhile.
@JuicyLucy Sorry to see that Mr Lucy is back in the hospital, I hope his recovery is fast, and that maybe he will learn from this and start taking better care of himself.
I didn't go back to see what else I may have missed, so I hope everyone is doing well.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey y'all, thought I'd drop by and say GFY to everyone since it's been awhile.
@JuicyLucy Sorry to see that Mr Lucy is back in the hospital, I hope his recovery is fast, and that maybe he will learn from this and start taking better care of himself.
I didn't go back to see what else I may have missed, so I hope everyone is doing well.

Well GFY stranger!

That applies to all Fugees!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, got him vaping maybe half the time. Gain is gain they say. But that's still a whole pack of smokes he's consuming since his third fucking stroke :mad:

Well, I guess it's a starting point. Even though I was bound and determined to make the switch, it still took me a month to make it completely. If he's vaping half the time, then it shouldn't be too long before the smell of burnt tobacco on his hands will start to seem offensive to him.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just an update to what I saw today from the Retarded1, as he will delete your post and send a a warning about the rules he enforces but posted PUDRuckers today when he deleted LMFAO on me! He said he knows what it means but you can't tell him you know what he posted means without getting a suspension. I mean is his job to destroy that forum or does he thinks he owns it?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just an update to what I saw today from the Retarded1, as he will delete your post and send a a warning about the rules he enforces but posted PUDRuckers today when he deleted LMFAO on me! He said he knows what it means but you can't tell him you know what he posted means without getting a suspension. I mean is his job to destroy that forum or does he thinks he owns it?

None of us have ever been able to figure that out either, which is why we stopped giving a shit and came here. Fuck him and the horse he rode up on.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can't publicly report a problem over there without getting suspended even when you only report that support doesn't respond to messages.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess I would just like to subject the Retarded1 to some of his Bullshit as payback. To me that would be gratifying! Maybe the cunt who likes to report back will post this for him?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not angry but have a little buzz on!

pouring-red-wine-into-glass-picture-id486071367

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wouldn't surprise me in the least............... Think how shocked I was when I was disputing the pseudo-scientists results about carcinogens and she came out of nowhere to post what I have said about that limp dicked cocksucker here.

I think I will go tell Retired1 what people over here are saying about him.

ise me

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not angry but have a little buzz on!

pouring-red-wine-into-glass-picture-id486071367

That looks so good. I used to love the hell out of burgundy. :) 14% alcohol... and room-temp alcohol hits you faster and harder than chilled... ;) :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to post this in retarded1's honor:

tumblr_odxcta9LXc1vga2mio1_400.gif

Just because I can. :giggle: And I am one week away from 3 yrs smoke-free, so he can stick his puny dick up his tight ass and fuck himself.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He is still trying to get people upset about our 'spy'.
LOL

This ain't Facebook.

Heh. I'm pretty much certain it ain't the Juicy one. Is facebook still a thing? Those 12 yr olds must have amazing buying power. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'know, sometimes I wish I was not the only computer-proficient person in my household. *sigh* Maybe I should be posting this in the Random Pet Peeves thread. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Y'know, sometimes I wish I was not the only computer-proficient person in my household. *sigh* Maybe I should be posting this in the Random Pet Peeves thread. :giggle:

Andria

Yeah, the kids made me learn computers about 15 years ago; they got tired of me making them order stuff and look shit up

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the kids made me learn computers about 15 years ago; they got tired of me making them order stuff and look shit up

I've always been the PC geek around here, since 1989. Now it's all "look this up..." and "how do I get to..." *sigh* All I wanted was a way to survive being a homebound mom with a baby, which didn't include harlequin romances or soap operas.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well GFY stranger!

That applies to all Fugees!

Sorry I been a bit, fucking myself takes me a little while. :) I have to remember just the right way to swing tab B to get any effect for slot A, even then it can be rough if I miss on approach. :(

Note: @SteveS45 , I am not in any way directing the term stupid in your direction. That is intended for the whole EFC crap shoot, situation. It is not aimed as such at any specific individual as much as aimed at stupidity itself in general and EFC in particular in this case, the shoe fits --- wear it.
:tldr:* tosses a baby goat over onto Bob's lawn to see and hear The Cromwell catch phrase * "You kids get off my lawn!"

Wish it bothered me that someone reported back to someone else about my words at another web site. Fuck, I have trouble with jealousy, I have to fake having it, no I actually do have to fake being jealous. So, me worrying over my words reported back to some half witted moronic prude at another site? Beats the fuck out of me. Nope, not worrying at all. I get too fucking busy being myself, living, loving, laughing, learning, fucking, feeding, fighting, foraging, creating, destroying, working, playing, ... having fun. :)

Don't like it? Come pay my bills so my wife doesn't need to, then, you might be able to at least suggest I be different. That's not saying I'll follow your suggestions, merely that you can then voice them to me. Until then you can go wrap your genital parts in a kite string and go fly the kite for all I care. See the fucks I don't give? ...

The flip side to that is, "gee fucking willies! I must damn special that folks gotta have their noses up my ass so tight I can't fart." Not sure I like cold noses up my ass, cold cock is okay but rather have it warmed. Mean to tell ya, I just don't get it what with all the fucking stupid. Ah well, I digress lest my blood boil over.

Last edited:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Such drama here lately..and all based over a person and a site that most of you don't even have dealings with nor go to. If you don't like something why bother? People, places and things that I don't like, I walk away from. Leave the BS where I find it!

@JuicyLucy I hope Mr Juicy continues to vape and leave the smokes alone. That way, he'll stick around for a very long time.

Hey @AndriaD and @The Cromwell!!!
GFY everyone else!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Such drama here lately..and all based over a person and a site that most of you don't even have dealings with nor go to. If you don't like something why bother? People, places and things that I don't like, I walk away from. Leave the BS where I find it!

@JuicyLucy I hope Mr Juicy continues to vape and leave the smokes alone. That way, he'll stick around for a very long time.

Hey @AndriaD and @The Cromwell!!!
GFY everyone else!!

On the false vape board drama.
Most of us are just affirming what you said. We could not care less, but the repeated attempts to stir the pot is a bit humorous.
and it has been a bit dull on here with the summer posting slump and all ;)

And HEY! How ya doin?

VU Sponsors