Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's ok gang, I'm pretty capable of taking care of myself. I pay my internet bill so I figure I can go wherever the hell I please!!

Everyone having a good day?

The hardheaded grandson is much less hardheaded today so it's been pretty good. I ain't getting shit done but figure I will once he goes home. It will be 2 weeks before I see him again. :(

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They can be entertaining if you poke them with a sharp stick.
Is that what happened to the shit stirrer that showed up here outta the blue a month or so ago? Damn, I missed all the fun, I'll have to be sure I don't go that long without dropping in again. How big and sharp was the stick you used?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's ok gang, I'm pretty capable of taking care of myself. I pay my internet bill so I figure I can go wherever the hell I please!!

Everyone having a good day?

The hardheaded grandson is much less hardheaded today so it's been pretty good. I ain't getting shit done but figure I will once he goes home. It will be 2 weeks before I see him again. :(
Glad he's behaving a bit better. But now you don't have an excuse for :drunk: anymore.
Sorry that you don't get to see him again for 2 weeks though.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Raining here this morning too - supposed to turn to cats and dogs tomorrow

So much for yard work here too

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Raining here this morning too - supposed to turn to cats and dogs tomorrow

So much for yard work here too

We FINALLY have a day of sunshine and 0% rain chances expected, though of course when the thermometer hits 90 and it's this humid, late afternoon often brings those pop-up thunderboomers. Surprise! :giggle: My husband is out there cutting the front lawn right now, hoping the back will be dry before he gets to it.

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brown shit? "Ya don't say?" We got all kinds of "shit" here. Most often the flying holy monkey shit is brown, yet I think I grasp you're referring to "chasing the dragon" or "riding the big horse", correct?

Apologies, welcome ... home. :) I'm a bit la la and often catching up with myself, all 256 of me today, was going in about twenty eight directions at once. I read, sleep comes too quick anymore. Just life. *shrugs*

I going to rack out now. sitting with an ice pack on my knee that tried running away from me today. Ugh, more happy happy joy joy marrie, more mowing w/ motor scythe & prolly doing some other yard/brush work.
Yeah that demon. Sorry for late reply. I don't come on here much but doesn't seem like this threads moving too fast anyway!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We're grilling out tonight; my new stove still has too much "new" smell (burnt plastic, sorta) when I turn on the oven, so we're BBQing the chicken out on the grill.

But I ran another heat-up last night, to 425 degrees, for about a half hour or a bit more, and it's getting better, not quite as intense as it was, so hopefully soon it will be usable. The stovetop is still awesome. :)

Andria

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ahh Ying Yang beer one of the few beers that I like.

And it is not sold in KY.
Too bad. I was in SC when I first tried it, wasn't sold here in NC either, but now it is :) should make its way to KY one day. A good beer at a cheap price, though I like IPAs too. A cold beer in summer or a margarita mmm haha. Wine is my winter drink. Along with margaritas which are year round when out to dinner :D

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too bad. I was in SC when I first tried it, wasn't sold here in NC either, but now it is :) should make its way to KY one day. A good beer at a cheap price, though I like IPAs too. A cold beer in summer or a margarita mmm haha. Wine is my winter drink. Along with margaritas which are year round when out to dinner :D
NC? I'm in NC.

@AndriaD I have the exact same stove as you. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a day of memories. Some good, some sad. I unpacked a box of and hung up clothes that were my moms. When we packed up and cleaned out her house I just packed them into a box, brought them here and shoved them in my closet. She's been gone since 09 but I could still see her wearing each piece I brought out. :) The sad was I inherited a chair from my grandmother. It was the best sitting chair ever! Noah broke the foot rest about 2 years ago but I've been hanging on to it since then. Today it went to the side of the road for trash pickup tomorrow. :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
NC? I'm in NC.

@AndriaD I have the exact same stove as you. :)

Ain't it lervely?!? That's the color scheme I want when/if I ever get new cabinets and counters; white cabinets, so it's easier to see inside them, and dark countertops, because I drink tea all day, and it stains the hell out of white formica such as what I have now! :facepalm: Granite, definitely, Home Depot has one I just LOVE called "black pearl".

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ain't it lervely?!? That's the color scheme I want when/if I ever get new cabinets and counters; white cabinets, so it's easier to see inside them, and dark countertops, because I drink tea all day, and it stains the hell out of white formica such as what I have now! :facepalm: Granite, definitely, Home Depot has one I just LOVE called "black pearl".

Andria
I have a black stove but a white refrigerator and dishwasher. I wanted a new stove with certain configurations and the black one had everything I wanted plus it was on sale. I want to remodel the kitchen around the stove.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for late reply. I don't come on here much but doesn't seem like this threads moving too fast anyway!

Fast? Nah, never have noticed. :giggle: Not to worry. I pop into this thread once in a bit too, can only "scroll" back to reply to so much at any given time. I think we all understand being human. The worst case, someone tells you to go fuck yourself. Do not take that as being derogatory as on this thread in particular it simply is a backhanded way to express affection.

The world seems to tell of us "fuck you", well, we beat the world to it by loving ourselves by fucking ourselves. Everyone needs love even if only self love. Ergo, me saying ... go fuck yourself, is me saying I have human affection for you. And no, that also doesn't mean I want to jump anybody's bones, it's platonic. :) You will see lots of times, lots of go fuck yourself flying around on this thread. That is what it's about. :) Think of The Dude and you're there. :yes:

I kind of figured that's what meant, regarding the shit/demon. Have know a few that have fought that one. A few have won too. Granted it's not always a bowl of candy. Life though doesn't seem to give many of us that path. We do our best and keep hope even if we ditch fear. i myself have to be careful. About two years ago I got script for an xxium derived pain medicine, have had mxxphine in the hospital (not the panty wasted drip either a full on max injection at once). Need to exercise common sense and discipline in using the pain medicine only as a last resort. Do not want to get addict despite knowing how easily I could let myself. Know that may not compare, or it might, it is though what I face.

I enjoy some mild insanity too. Anymore, kind of hard to pressed to wonder who doesn't? :) In short, we're all good because we're here. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My butt is whipped 6 hours of outside work clearing brush and such today.

I see how you are, you, you, you copycat you. :) Know the butt whooped from clearing brush. S'what we did week afore last. Got a nice little clearing down toward the creek now. Got to see a real nicely plumped out doe yesterday evening because it's clear. She bout half acted like she would have come right up to me. Then, my kids in their pen saw her and barked.

That darn Hammy girl keeps stirring up trouble between Sherlock and Grouch. During a thunderstorm she'll tell Sherlock the thunder is Groucho. Well, 'Lock then goes after Grouch, Grouch rightly stands up for himself. *shaking my head* If it were only the two guys they'll lay down with each other. Grouchy will 'protect' Sherlock and be his buddy during a storm. Guess that doesn't suit Hammy.

Aw well, gotta go be papa.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fast? Nah, never have noticed. :giggle: Not to worry. I pop into this thread once in a bit too, can only "scroll" back to reply to so much at any given time. I think we all understand being human. The worst case, someone tells you to go fuck yourself. Do not take that as being derogatory as on this thread in particular it simply is a backhanded way to express affection.

The world seems to tell of us "fuck you", well, we beat the world to it by loving ourselves by fucking ourselves. Everyone needs love even if only self love. Ergo, me saying ... go fuck yourself, is me saying I have human affection for you. And no, that also doesn't mean I want to jump anybody's bones, it's platonic. :) You will see lots of times, lots of go fuck yourself flying around on this thread. That is what it's about. :) Think of The Dude and you're there. :yes:

I kind of figured that's what meant, regarding the shit/demon. Have know a few that have fought that one. A few have won too. Granted it's not always a bowl of candy. Life though doesn't seem to give many of us that path. We do our best and keep hope even if we ditch fear. i myself have to be careful. About two years ago I got script for an xxium derived pain medicine, have had mxrphine in the hospital (not the panty wasted drip either a full on max injection at once). Need to exercise common sense and discipline in using the pain medicine only as a last resort. Do not want to get addict despite knowing how easily I could let myself. Know that may not compare, or it might, it is though what I face.

I enjoy some mild insanity too. Anymore, kind of hard to pressed to wonder who doesn't? :) In short, we're all good because we're here. :)
I tell most people to go fuck their selves so looks like I'm in the right thread ;)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see you have been hauled onto here lmfao. Good to see you ;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What's up Fugeeroos?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's up Fugeeroos?

My son and I have been binge-watching Gotham, to get him caught up -- Lucifer is next. :) Then Marvel's Agents of SHIELD I think.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My son and I have been binge-watching Gotham, to get him caught up -- Lucifer is next. :) Then Marvel's Agents of SHIELD I think.

Andria

You'll rot his brain out. That may not be a terrible notion either. I mean we need to consider :zombie::zombie::zombie: only hunt down and eat those with a brain. Funny enough, took one of those zombie apocalypse survival tests with my wife. She died rather soon, I survived the whole thing. Made her mad that I would eat her if it came to it. Replaced my brain long ago with two gerbils in a wheel chasing a cheese poof on a stick, or was that the huge white elephant? I cannot recall. :)

While here I better make up a :coffee2: or :coffee2::coffee2: and give Lucy her :coffee:. Need to make up a fresh pot today at any given, finished my fridge jar last evening. Got irked over WV passing law to allow growing of industrial hemp. As it is legally, it would cost too much to start out as well as having to involve the Feds via rubber stamp given by D.E.A, who I'm sure would also desire some greased palms, erm ... polite smiles. I know this from looking into it yesterday. Better off to, ... well, better off watching the creek roll by.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's way too much tele, people need to read more books :)

My son and I both read pretty much constantly, but we also like some TV shows. None of that "reality TV" total bullshit, though -- great stories!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Books? Oh yeah have a truckload in the basement.
Recent reading has been done on Kindle.

Avoiding print so I am not confused by old facts vs new facts in the easily revised digital medium.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Books? Oh yeah have a truckload in the basement.
Recent reading has been done on Kindle.

Avoiding print so I am not confused by old facts vs new facts in the easily revised digital medium.

I wanted to hate my Kindle - it was a Christmas gift and I had it for almost a year and a half before a day came that there was a book I desperately needed that was completely 100% unavailable to barrow and it cost over $150 to buy - so I checked for a kindle book. Text was available for $14

Been hooked on it ever since.

I lay in bed at night, reading my e-book, vaping e-cigarettes - modern life ain't that bad :giggle:

One night early in my conversion, battery was dead on the Kindle and my carto battery so I dug out a real book and grabbed one of Mr Juicy's cigarettes. Both were so hind tit - have never let that happen again!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to hate my Kindle - it was a Christmas gift and I had it for almost a year and a half before a day came that there was a book I desperately needed that was completely 100% unavailable to barrow and it cost over $150 to buy - so I checked for a kindle book. Text was available for $14

Been hooked on it ever since.

I lay in bed at night, reading my e-book, vaping e-cigarettes - modern life ain't that bad :giggle:

One night early in my conversion, battery was dead on the Kindle and my carto battery so I dug out a real book and grabbed one of Mr Juicy's cigarettes. Both were so hind tit - have never let that happen again!

I wasn't really excited about e-books either, when they first started... but there was a novelette that went with a series I was reading, and the only way I could find it was in e-book format, so I asked around, looked around Amazon, got the Amazon cloud reader for PC, then started asking around here, and a user was so very kind, and PIFed me an old 7" tablet he no longer needed after buying his wife a better one... and I've been hooked ever since. In fact, it was that experience, the wifi-only tablet, that made me get interested in FINALLY getting a cell phone, so I wasn't limited to only those places that had wifi. A monster was created. :D I got a really fast 6" phone back in December as my xmas gift, and damn, the e-world is my oyster :) But I still use that old tablet for e-reading, here at my desk.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Kindle died and I didn't have the money to replace it so I downloaded the Kindle app for iPad. It works but I'd still like to replace the Kindle at some point so I wouldn't have to drag the iPad when I go places. I have probably 500 books in my Kindle library thanks to some free ebook sites that I used to get emails from.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees, hope everyone is well......:wave:

Been busy as hell the last few weeks, haven't had time to read many posts. It's been hotter than the hubs of hell here the last month, now the monsoon season is upon us, making it even more miserable...:(

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Been busy as hell the last few weeks, haven't had time to read many posts. It's been hotter than the hubs of hell here the last month, now the monsoon season is upon us, making it even more miserable...:(

Dang - I was hoping you'd made it down south and were living the life - even though you have been missed :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dang - I was hoping you'd made it down south and were living the life - even though you have been missed :)
Wish I was at Alaska, Juice....the older I get the less I can tolerate the summer heat, which has been incredible lately.

Thinking on the bright side, in another three months the weather will return to normal (i hope)....:)

I'm sure you got a taste of the desert heat while at Sin-City.....:giggle:....:devil:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wish I was at Alaska, Juice....the older I get the less I can tolerate the summer heat, which has been incredible lately.

Thinking on the bright side, in another three months the weather will return to normal (i hope)....:)

I'm sure you got a taste of the desert heat while at Sin-City.....:giggle:....:devil:

Oh yeah - have not been anywhere near that kind of heat in decades - but that's what the great indoors is for, lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Fact is fact though and only one data aspect of information. No, data is not information nor is information data, yet information is data arranged in a narrative. As for digital, well, life has always been binary weather we realize it or not.

01000110 01100001 01100011 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100110 01100001 01100011 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01100111 01101000 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101111 01101110 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100001 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110000 01100101 01100011 01110100 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100110 01101111 01110010 01101101 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00101110 00100000 01001110 01101111 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100001 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100110 01101111 01110010 01101101 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100110 01101111 01110010 01101101 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100001 00101100 00100000 01111001 01100101 01110100 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100110 01101111 01110010 01101101 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100001 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01100001 01101110 01100111 01100101 01100100 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101110 01100001 01110010 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101001 01110110 01100101 00101110 00100000 01000001 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00101100 00100000 01110111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00101100 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100110 01100101 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01110111 01100001 01111001 01110011 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101100 01101001 01111010 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00101110 00100000

It is the same message as the text paragraph above it. Hydrogen seeks to know itself, where it comes from, where it goes. We are made up of roughly 75% H2O each of us. We have ones and zeroes to represent off and on. some suggest these two states are all there is, forgetting or deliberately refusing to include neutral. There is a neutral too, always has been, always will be.

Some posit life is a fluke. All that was to be they suggest is death and nothingness. I cannot abide such nihilism as being the be all and end all. Why would there exist life if there was no need of it? Clear the cosmos only creates what it needs. Bah. I need more coffee too. I just warped back round to sanity and it looks all fuzzy again. :)

Here you go Mrs. Lucy :coffee:. I need some more :cloud: :cloud: as well. Figured a 7 wrap Clapton dual coil build was nice. it's meh. It's a 26/32 Kanthal Clapton wire. Prolly why it's not doing so well, needs to be stainless. Aw well. * yawning, stretching *

Got doped up yesterday. Darn anxiety medicine hammered me, slept most of the day.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've been wondering where you were! :blowkiss: I haven't seen hide nor hair of you anywhere. It's hot(mid 90's) and humid(think 70% wise) here as well. As bad as I hate to say it fall can come right now if it wants!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some posit life is a fluke. All that was to be they suggest is death and nothingness. I cannot abide such nihilism as being the be all and end all. Why would there exist life if there was no need of it?

All I can say if humans were created in Gods image and we are his creation.

God must have been really drunk at the time ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figure that the creation of humans more likely resulted in a failing grade for an alien college student ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the older I get the less I can tolerate the summer heat, which has been incredible lately.

You really don't need to share it honey. It gets hot enough in the forest under canopy here in WV. Staying too damn muggy of late and we get what we call dead air. That's when the air is there but only hanging and there's no movement to it at all.

Something I had a chuckle at one of the first times my wife brought me into WV. "See y'all got mountains and all we got is hills," she told me. The longer I'm back here, the more I understand her point of reference on that. All the hills get dense forests growing out of them, which helps keep the place nearly broiling at times.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really don't need to share it honey. It gets hot enough in the forest under canopy here in WV. Staying too damn muggy of late and we get what we call dead air. That's when the air is there but only hanging and there's no movement to it at all.

Something I had a chuckle at one of the first times my wife brought me into WV. "See y'all got mountains and all we got is hills," she told me. The longer I'm back here, the more I understand her point of reference on that. All the hills get dense forests growing out of them, which helps keep the place nearly broiling at times.
Yep where I grew up in eastern KY is the same.
Summer is like living in a greenhouse.

Or like having a tractor with a cab and a busted AC unit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep where I grew up in eastern KY is the same.
Summer is like living in a greenhouse.

Or like having a tractor with a cab and a busted AC unit.

I think both you and Morely need to come and spend a summer in GA if you really wanna know what hot feels like, while trying to breathe jello thru a sponge.

Andria

VU Sponsors