Become a Patron!

eGrip OLED-CL (V3)

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
eGrip OLED-CL, features an OLED screen presenting watts, volts, and ohms based on the original eGrip. It boasts not only a 360-degree regulation ring to adjust output wattage 5W-30W, but also the shift function from VV mode to VW mode and battery protection function. In addition, it has six colors catering to your preference, and support eGo ONE head with its new base.

eGrip_Oled_cl_02.jpg

1× eGrip Mouthpiece
1× eGrip Body
2× eGo ONE CL Atomizer Head (1.0ohm)
1× eGrip-CL Base
2× Silicon Cap
8× Seal Ring
1× 1A Wall Adaptor
1× USB Cable
1× Manual & Warranty Card

SpecificationSize: 46.4mmX20.4mmX99.5mm(including mouthpiece) Capacity: 1500mAh Output mode: VV/VW Mode E-juice Capacity: 3.6ml

• For those with OLED screen whose wattage is 20W, they can be upgraded to 30W by continuously pressing the fire button for 30 times. And in device-off condition, continuously press the fire button for 30 times, the device will automatically shift to 20W.

Last edited:

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone have one of these? Just curious about battery life. OLED screens are a huge battery sucker, which is one of the reasons playstation discontinued the OLED vita. Just switching to an LED quadrupled the battery life for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have one of these? Just curious about battery life. OLED screens are a huge battery sucker, which is one of the reasons playstation discontinued the OLED vita. Just switching to an LED quadrupled the battery life for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
V2 Oled battery life is fine it gets me through the entire day and part of the next day.

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
Just got the v3 today via sweet vapes and I have to say 1st impressions the ego one 1 ohm coil being used for this CL v3 version is a great marriage thus far. Totally kicks the CS stock coil problem to the curb. Will do further test later to see if the CL base does really fit the v2 cs model and vice versa and if the the aspire bvc mod works on CL base the same or not... But I am really happy with the one coils in this device none the less.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also did the pin removal to test the aspires, either it burn't the coil out or it ran out of charge, I'll know if it worked after its done charging

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
Tell me more about the heads and where did you get the V3?
I just got the 30w

IMG_20150806_130600101_zpsbjkejrcb.jpg
The v3 is the 30 watt It came from sweet vapes for 54 it is technically called the CL version. Is this the one you have CL? It should say CL on atty base bottom plate

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both versions the old and this new one...they take different coils I just found out too

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
I love the new coil being used. This model is said to be compatible with the 0.5 ohm and 1 ohm ego one CL coils when using the rubber top seal provided

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
I have both versions the old and this new one...they take different coils I just found out too
I too have v1 ( with no screen )v2 oled and now v3 oled CL . @Whiskey you do know you can turn v2 oled to a 30 watt mod dont you? By turning it off and pressing fire button 30 times exact.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have the originals, but I read that if you can get hold of a new base you can use the Ego one coils. Has anyone seen the new bases sold separately?

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Just ordered the 30w CL from fast tech. They have them for $43. Mine said it would not ship till the 11th, but shipped same day. Really looking forward to using it with the CLR heads. Haven't seen the CL base on its own yet, but I'm sure they will be available at some point!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure Amanda, I just got mine and haven't read up on th CL coils yet, I do know they are different than the older models coils and are not interchangeable, thats as far as I got with it so far, if you do find them(bases) , let me know where:)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure Amanda, I just got mine and haven't read up on th CL coils yet, I do know they are different than the older models coils and are not interchangeable, thats as far as I got with it so far, if you do find them(bases) , let me know where:)

If you have all three versions, then I think in the last two you can use the ego one CL coils. You have to change the little rubber gasket first.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed the stock coils do suck after using them for a few days

Use the RBA base - flavor is much, much better. You can also use aspire OCC coils, but they're not much better. The good thing about the ego one coils is that you can use the clr coils so you can rebuild those. The only reason I'm interested is that the RBA base is a bit leaky!

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If I understand it right, you can use the CL/CLR heads in the older version Egrips but you will need the CL base. I haven't seen the CL base offered by itself, but I'm sure it will be. I think it's too new. As soon as they're available I plan to "upgrade" my three original Egrips.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Absolutely @Whiskey and @AmandaD I sent an email to Joyetech but no response yet. I'll keep you posted.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And for the older egrips, we'd have to use the clr coils and rebuild them, because our mods can't read under 1.2 (?).

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
And for the older egrips, we'd have to use the clr coils and rebuild them, because our mods can't read under 1.2 (?).
That would be my guess! But, I plan to use the CLRs. They look easy to build and the CL's are just too expensive. I bought a 5 pack of the CLR's for under $10. Best prices I've seen on the CL's is around $13 and up.

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
I haven't found the CLR base available in the US yet, they are available overseas. I bought the v3 and I am using the CLR base in my v2 right now and it's GREAT! Less airflow flow but taste is really good and no leaky leaky! I love the RBA but I'm tired of carrying a napkin around with it. My first night with the CL base I'll update after a few days, to see if anything leaks or if I can chain Vape without and dry hits. I never got a dry hit from the RBA's just leaks.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I haven't found the CLR base available in the US yet, they are available overseas. I bought the v3 and I am using the CLR base in my v2 right now and it's GREAT! Less airflow flow but taste is really good and no leaky leaky! I love the RBA but I'm tired of carrying a napkin around with it. My first night with the CL base I'll update after a few days, to see if anything leaks or if I can chain Vape without and dry hits. I never got a dry hit from the RBA's just leaks.
Nice to hear someone actually using the CL base in the older version! And, if they're avail overseas it's just a matter of time. Sounds like I'll be able to upgrade my original egrips. YAY!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I understand it right, you can use the CL/CLR heads in the older version Egrips but you will need the CL base. I haven't seen the CL base offered by itself, but I'm sure it will be. I think it's too new. As soon as they're available I plan to "upgrade" my three original Egrips.
I will as well.

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
Funny out of all the awesome tanks and mods I have I use the egrips the most. I guess its nice to go back to basics every now and again plus the form factor fits my vape and work life well.

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Too bad they don't make a CL base - yet - with RBA style airflow.

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
I see joyetechusa carries the EGrip CL base. I have to say I'm loving mine. So much easier to wick, no leaks and better taste. Airflow is less and maybe a little less vapor, but IMO I like it better than the RBA

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a picture I took of the 2 coils, confirm for me that the one on the left is a old style coil and the one on the right is the new CL coil
download_zpswbuue9av.png

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
I see joyetechusa carries the EGrip CL base. I have to say I'm loving mine. So much easier to wick, no leaks and better taste. Airflow is less and maybe a little less vapor, but IMO I like it better than the RBA
I enjoy the new coils still on the 1st coil 2 weeks in so far. Imo the airflow is fine for my style . I wonder if the 0.5 ohm lung inhale ego one coils airflow will change in the egrip.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yup I ordered 5 bases , They came yesterday from Greece.
Now I have to search the best deals on the coils
I picked up a pack of 5 CLR's for under $10. I'll have to research where I got them and I'll PM it to you.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2 CL's came with the new coils , I have a couple , and a ton of the older

VU Sponsors