Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick 40 TCW, safe with 1.7 ohm, or........

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using an iStick 40w, mainly in power mode, with a kanger subtank mini as a stealth work vape.

Just screwed in a new 0.2 ohm kanthal coil, which read 0.17 on the mod. Previously, I've only used 0.5 ohm and occasionally higher. The device is listed for 0.15 min resistance in power mode, but is this cutting things very close? I don't want to stress the battery, causing it to vent, or..... become a pipe bomb.

Looking up the internal battery on the Eleaf site, it appears to be 2600 mah, but do we still calculate 4.2/ohms to determine amp draw, when there's an internal battery? Wondering if this 0.2 coil needs to go with my IPV 3 Li instead, though that's a big, heavy mod for a kanger.

Thanks

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First... edit that 1.7 in the title. TIA. ;)

The battery draw in a regulated is dependent on watts requested, not resistance.
They would have used a cell capable of the 40w max... and more.
If it'll fire it... rock on.

Speaking of...
... 0.15, really? I haven't tried everything under the sun on mine, been a while actually, but I had the idea that the res min was 0.2. Don't know where I got that from. :confused:

CBR240

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use a iStick 40 TC with a Kanger Nano and the Ni 0.15 Ohm coil every day for the last 5 months, no problems.

From the iStick 40 specs:
  • Rated resistance range: 0.05-1ohm (TC mode), 0.15-3.5ohm (VW mode)

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it can fire it, it is safe, the board has a max amps draw and the battery should be capable of outputting that and more, if it is not safe it will not run.

VU Sponsors