Become a Patron!
Status
Not open for further replies.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As a parent, any parent, all you can do is your best. Ask questions, learn as much as you can about the condition, and most of all - listen to your child. Interests, likes and dislikes, etc. And always, lots and lots of love. You will do fine.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As a parent, any parent, all you can do is your best. Ask questions, learn as much as you can about the condition, and most of all - listen to your child. Interests, likes and dislikes, etc. And always, lots and lots of love. You will do fine.
Thank you Misswish!

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been up all night. Anybody else with me?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ahh sports. Yes, I've come to terms with the fact that Tripp probably won't dominate athletically. I played football for 11 years of my life and I loved it for probably 10 of those years. My wife's brothers are huge and have these massive calves; I've said for years that it's a crime they never played football and if my sons inherit their legs, I'm pushing them straight to the NFL. Obviously I'm joking when I say this, but it's a fun fantasy for me. Tripp will likely never dominate on the football field and that's ok. there's a good chance that he wouldn't be into it anyway. I have a lot of other interests that I would love to share with him. If he isn't interested in any of those, then I'm excited to learn about whatever it is he does find interesting.

Similar to your daughter, an unfortunate injury should have ended my football career. I fractured a lower vertebrae early in my 8th grade season that wasn't diagnosed until several years later. Instead, I was told I had back spasms and had to play through the pain. I ended up playing 2 full seasons through the worst pain I have ever experience and was constantly told to "man up". I hated my 9th grade season and never signed up in 10th. At that point I had a band, a job and a girlfriend, all of which I was told I couldn't have if I wanted to stay on the team. That's the biggest reason I stopped, but the pain played a factor as well. Really, I should have been x-rayed and forced to sit out. Football culture is actually really absurd.

I really appreciate the feedback the on my fathering skills. I think I'm doing a good job so far, but I get a little insecure about it from time to time. It helps to have the positive reinforcement.
I always say that life is a lesson. Each challenge that is put in our path is an opportunity to learn and grow, not by bashing our way through it, but by analyzing it and determining what the impacts are and the adjustments that we need to make to conquer it and make it a part of who we are, even it means shifting to a new path.

Sounds like you learned this and have the basic tools to pass that on.

Something to keep in mind is that being small does not preclude one for sports and relegate a kid to "nerdy" activities, even the developmentally disabled. However... if he does appear to have a developmental issue you can have him participate in a program run by Special Olympics called "Young Atheletes". The program is for kids who are to young to participate in SO. It is targeted at kids ages 2 up to their 8th birthday when they become eligible for SO.

The Young Athelete program is free and works on building coordination, core strength and the basic skills required for any sport. It's basically a free PT and OT program :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been up all night. Anybody else with me?
I was in and out. Back has been killing me the last 2 days, and I have had really bad heartburn the last 2 nights ;(

Little late to say hello though... :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wife is working on PT for her shoulder and arm right now after her falls on the ice a couple weeks ago. Right now she isn't sure if they PT is making her better or worse but will stick it out until the rest of the month.

I think she is hoping for a cortisone insection though...

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wife is working on PT for her shoulder and arm right now after her falls on the ice a couple weeks ago. Right now she isn't sure if they PT is making her better or worse but will stick it out until the rest of the month.

I think she is hoping for a cortisone insection though...
Do you think that will help her

www.cigabuy.com

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you think that will help her

www.cigabuy.com
LOL "insection" no... injection maybe. She had one in her right elbow last year and hasn't had any problems with it since, so she is hopeful that if she gets one in her left arm it will respond just as well.

I've also been lucky enough to be one who responds well to cortisone. Some people take 2-3 rounds in the same spot to get relief from them, but I generally respond well on the first one and don't need more for a long time.

My SI joint may be getting another round here shortly though. Trying a TENS unit and it does seem to help but the jury is still out on how much and it's a bit of an irritation to run and hassle to get set up.

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL "insection" no... injection maybe. She had one in her right elbow last year and hasn't had any problems with it since, so she is hopeful that if she gets one in her left arm it will respond just as well.

I've also been lucky enough to be one who responds well to cortisone. Some people take 2-3 rounds in the same spot to get relief from them, but I generally respond well on the first one and don't need more for a long time.

My SI joint may be getting another round here shortly though. Trying a TENS unit and it does seem to help but the jury is still out on how much and it's a bit of an irritation to run and hassle to get set up.
Good luck to you and her

www.cigabuy.com

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi @Just Me. Saw the pic of your boys and was a bit surprised at how much smaller the older one is vs the other two. Is he the one with the medical issues or from your prior marriage?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good luck to you and her

www.cigabuy.com
Thanks. My state is pretty status quo and I understand my limitations pretty well, but I hate seeing her in pain.

Really hate hearing about the folks around here in pain too. Actually been wondering how @cherrycakes is doing. Haven't seen her around lately and I'm hoping that means that her last treatments worked wonders for her and she is just keeping to busy IRL to spend as much time here.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi @Just Me. Saw the pic of your boys and was a bit surprised at how much smaller the older one is vs the other two. Is he the one with the medical issues or from your prior marriage?
Yes but its the same marriage LOL he just looks more like my little sister (height and all) He kept my maiden name and married name because well long story His name On his Birth cert is Micheal Todd Scott Harris Flannery LOL I know poor kid but he likes it

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. My state is pretty status quo and I understand my limitations pretty well, but I hate seeing her in pain.

Really hate hearing about the folks around here in pain too. Actually been wondering how @cherrycakes is doing. Haven't seen her around lately and I'm hoping that means that her last treatments worked wonders for her and she is just keeping to busy IRL to spend as much time here.
Actually my thyroid levels are off again and I've just been do out of it and depressed to do much of anything

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes but its the same marriage LOL he just looks more like my little sister (height and all) He kept my maiden name and married name because well long story His name On his Birth cert is Micheal Todd Scott Harris Flannery LOL I know poor kid but he likes it
It is always amazing when you see the impact that recessive and dominant genes can have in the differences within a single family.

And that is one long name. Almost sounds distinguished :)

How's he liking the laptop?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually my thyroid levels are off again and I've just been do out of it and depressed to do much of anything
Hey lady, glad to see that you at least lurking and popping up every now and again.

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues, but glad that you didn't mention pain as one of the top ones :)

Are you doing any sort of hormone treatments for the thyroid or just the BC pills still?

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone! Thought I'd drop by and see if anything was going on. Hope you all are feeling fine and froggy.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey lady, glad to see that you at least lurking and popping up every now and again.

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues, but glad that you didn't mention pain as one of the top ones :)

Are you doing any sort of hormone treatments for the thyroid or just the BC pills still?
Armour thyroid

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It is always amazing when you see the impact that recessive and dominant genes can have in the differences within a single family.

And that is one long name. Almost sounds distinguished :)

How's he liking the laptop?
He loves it way better then his old one but that one was like 8 yrs old Thanks again

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Armour thyroid
Hopefully they it get it tuned for you and you don't go through a long process of finding which med works for you. I went through about a dozen different meds before finding the right balance of benefit vs side effects for my migraines.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He loves it way better then his old one but that one was like 8 yrs old Thanks again
Good. 8 years is ancient by computer standards LOL.

That being said, there are still uses for old computers. I have 3 or 4 old ones here that still perform well but for specific purposes like my home theater system and storage arrays.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm still waiting on my order to arrive, tracking says it departed chicago 5 days ago so we'll see if it gets here in a couple days.

BigGunn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still waiting on my order to arrive, tracking says it departed chicago 5 days ago so we'll see if it gets here in a couple days.

That stinks. Dang USPS. I got mine in and already got the fixed order in today as well.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I am overseas and its being delivered via Military post so not too worried. Unless my order is stuck in Chicago or where ever due to snow storms.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was in and out. Back has been killing me the last 2 days, and I have had really bad heartburn the last 2 nights ;(

Little late to say hello though... :)
Collar bone and shoulder have been giving me fits the last few days also, cannot get comfortable enough to sleep. It will be a fall over in exhaustion kind of thing and wake up more sore than when I fell asleep.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Collar bone and shoulder have been giving me fits the last few days also, cannot get comfortable enough to sleep. It will be a fall over in exhaustion kind of thing and wake up more sore than when I fell asleep.
awe so sorry hun hope you get to feeling better soon

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Damwow How are you doing sweetie was thinking about you today and we haven't heard from you for awhile, you are in my thoughts and prayers daily

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yay! looks like I will have my order tomorrow. "Your item departed our USPS facility in APO, AE 09180 on February 10, 2015 at 2:06 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors