Become a Patron!

Even veteran vapers make mistakes

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Let me put it this way. Is the simple fact some fascist got himself burned with a pizza oven a non dick-like reason to get the pizza industry to self-regulate pizza ovens out of the market, or should people be allowed to enjoy pizzas for the simple fact even fascists have the (also non dick-like) freedom to decide to just stay away from hot ovens altogether?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not to mention the number of chefs who cut their fingers with knives daily, tradesmen falling off ladders, engineers electrocuting themselves, the list goes on and on

shit happens usually as a result of people making poor decisions or shortcuts ...a quality mech is only as dangerous as the person who uses it ...take the necessary precautionary steps, take time to understand what you are doing, don’t leave it in your pocket, take batteries out if not using and remain switched on, and maintain it well like any tool you use in your day to day life

thing is regulated mods can be dangerous in the hands of an idiot ....but let’s not forget a Simple brick can also be dangerous in the hands of an idiot

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not to mention the number of chefs who cut their fingers with knives daily, tradesmen falling off ladders, engineers electrocuting themselves, the list goes on and on
Car traffic. No not just the car accidents, the resulting air pollution also in addition to them. That plus AR-15 rifles in high school. Especially the AR-15 rifles in high school. We need at least two boatloads more of those.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm glad you're taken care of! What about everyone else?

It's not already part of policy. Trump doesn't know what he will do federally and he could easily override any current or new state laws, as he did with his initial federal flavor ban.

That's great. I wouldn't risk my health like that, though.

That's unfortunate. One of the key principles of a two party system is bipartisanship, and with that comes compromise. Lobbyists might not support the cause if people are injuring themselves all the time.

Hey me too!

We're all on the same team here. I just see mechs as a totally unnecessary risk to our deeply beloved hobby. I know it's not a popular opinion guys. I just know how the game works. It won't take much now. I'm just as worried as I'm sure everyone else is about potentially losing this battle.

@JuicyLucy @f1r3b1rd I'm not saying these things to be provocative or incite a forum riot. I hope you weren't taking anything I said personally.

I think it’s more than a hobby and more than a way to get nic. Even saying it’s a lifestyle doesn’t capture it.

I don’t use mechs, but if I was faced with a choice of using mechs or not being able to vape, I’d use mechs.

I get that you’re upset about the fire vaping is under now. But I agree with the others, conceding anything right now will be seen as a defeat for us.

But...vape shop owners who sell mechs to newbs need to self regulate, imho. And tyros who want to use mechs because they think they’re cool or whatever, should not be able to get them until they have the necessary experience. Jmho.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
People not prepared are screwing themselves - sorry, but I can't afford to prep all other vapers - it would be foolish of me to try

He hasn't overturned the Deeming Regs - not one single thing - they are indeed part of the national policy - do your homework

The Deeming Regs set to kick in next month state all vape gear and juices not on the market before the year 2007 are illegal without premarket approval. Stuff prior to 2016 needs to at least have an application - and the FDA has rejected the vast majority of applications it has received. The FDA has yet to approve one single application - think about that

Bipartisanship has nothing to do with this - ANTZ come in every political color, as do the people who don't give a shit about vaping one way or the other

So where is the middle ground on your part?

And unfortunately Moms against vaping come in every political color. But the “Kid” card appeals to everyone who can use it politically.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
See and that is where I get possed about the regs. Cigalikes just pissed me off, egos pissed me off...
It wasnt until I got a 510 mod with a BVC tank that I could quit smoking. Followed up immediately with a single coil rta to keep me going.
The silly Sally cigalikes did not do a thing for me and the BVC took alot of will power to keep me satisfied. That first rta is what made it possible for me to stay off the smokes.

If I tried to quit after deeming regs i probably would still be smoking.

Me too. Cigalikes didn’t do it for me, and neither did Ego/Evod gear.
It wasn’t until I got a really good sub tank and a VW mod that I could quit smoking and not feel deprived or dual use.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't care about the fact you think mech mods shouldn't exist. I don't care about people like you because you ARE the anti-vaping movement, which also explains why I think the fact you've had 3rd degree burns is nothing less than you deserve.

Ouch!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

shit happens usually as a result of people making poor decisions or shortcuts ...a quality mech is only as dangerous as the person who uses it ...take the necessary precautionary steps, take time to understand what you are doing, don’t leave it in your pocket, take batteries out if not using and remain switched on, and maintain it well like any tool you use in your day to day life

thing is regulated mods can be dangerous in the hands of an idiot ....but let’s not forget a Simple brick can also be dangerous in the hands of an idiot
If you dont cut yourself you're not working hard enough :giggle:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If someone getting burned by a mech will endanger vaping so badly, how in the hell is smoking still a thing? I burnt so many things with cigarettes, I was kind of glad when it was me being burnt instead of my car seats or furniture or carpets. And I wasn't even as careless as a lot of smokers I know either.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If someone getting burned by a mech will endanger vaping so badly, how in the hell is smoking still a thing? I burnt so many things with cigarettes, I was kind of glad when it was me being burnt instead of my car seats or furniture or carpets. And I wasn't even as careless as a lot of smokers I know either.
Trouble is, it's much harder to get a normal cigarette to splode with shrapnel flying around everywhere in front of a sensation news camera. 480,000 Americans dying from combustible tobacco smoke each year is just waa-aaaa-aaaaaaay too boring in comparison of course.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I.e., who gives a shit if the number of Americans who die from Covid-19 is 65,000 or 65,000,000. So no more lockdowns, gotta keep the press running!
:popcorn:

Master Rahl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Melted a limitless rdta positive seal didnt realize it until it had completely melted and crossed the negative. Luckily it was in my hand and it was an easy battery drop. Could have been alot worse had I not reacted quickly. Inspect your gear at least once daily. I'm sure had I looked at the rdta within that last week I would have seen the seal bubbling or swelling.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't go to wrapping coils thinking you've got SS when you have Kanthal. It was dark, I grabbed the spool I thought was stainless and didn't check. No wonder my ohm was off when I installed the coil.

Always double check the material you're using. A lovely goof on my part this one.

VU Sponsors