Become a Patron!

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got a Cuboid, a Smok RX200 and an old Kanger Tech Sub Mini. I'm wanting to get an updated single 18650 mod with stainless steel temp control. I'm torn between the vtc mini and the vape forward lite. I'm leaning towards the lite, because I think it's more solid, and the build quality looks a lot better. I looking for something that can hold up to more abuse. I love the battery door on the lite, and think it will last longer, and not fly off if I drop the mod. If you have other mods to suggest I'm listening.

I am also looking for a good solid tank that goes with the mod, and works well under 75 watts any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no experience with the Vaporflask Lite, but it does look like a solid mod. I do have 2 VTC minis and love them. I doubt you could go wrong with it. As for the tank, if you're not looking for a rebuildable (at least without purchasing the optional RBA deck, the OBS T-VCT is very well made and has kanthal, Ni-200, Ti-1, and SS 616L coils available for it. If you want a rebuildable the Geekvape Griffin is about the best out there right now.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't know anything about the VF Lite, but I do know the eVic-VTC Mini is a terrific mod.

I've been looking at dual-18650 mods and, quite honestly, don't like any of them, so I'm thinking of just getting a second eVic-VTC Mini.

Just took a quick look at the Vapor Flask Lite. Nope, nope, nope. Same problem as most of the current crop of new mods: Too much scratch-, scuff- and fingerprint-attacting shiny black plastic, "enhanced" by placing operating controls in its midst. And, as with the Joyetech Cuboid, a battery cover that looks like trouble.

You can check the R-STEAM MINI by SMOK http://www.smoktech.com/mod/r-steam-mini looks very interesting and neat, not sure if anyone is selling it yet.
Damned if that doesn't look for all the world like an eVic-VTC Mini. The recessed display might be an advantage.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know anything about the VF Lite, but I do know the eVic-VTC Mini is a terrific mod.

I've been looking at dual-18650 mods and, quite honestly, don't like any of them, so I'm thinking of just getting a second eVic-VTC Mini.

Just took a quick look at the Vapor Flask Lite. Nope, nope, nope. Same problem as most of the current crop of new mods: Too much scratch-, scuff- and fingerprint-attacting shiny black plastic, "enhanced" by placing operating controls in its midst. And, as with the Joyetech Cuboid, a battery cover that looks like trouble.

Damned if that doesn't look for all the world like an eVic-VTC Mini. The recessed display might be an advantage.
It is remarkably similar looking to a VTC Mini (except the display), isn't it!

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can check the R-STEAM MINI by SMOK http://www.smoktech.com/mod/r-steam-mini looks very interesting and neat, not sure if anyone is selling it yet.

That looks killer, I'm already impressed with my Smok R200 it's way lighter than the Cuboid, the only thing better with the Cuboid is it fits nicer in the hand. If the chip is anything like what's in the R200 this new R-Steam Mini looks awesome. I may just end up getting it, now or when it comes out. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The vapor flask lite isn't made out of plastic nor is the stout both are completely made from stainless steel or a steel alloy. The classic I think has a plastic battery sled, but the cover is made out of steel, or a steel alloy. Where did you hear they were made out of plastic. The buttons I know are made out of milled stainless steel. I'd be getting the silver to avoid paint issues.

Last edited:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both Vaper Royalty and Vapenw have it http://www.vaperoyalty.com/smok-r-steam-mini-mod/ and http://vapenw.com/r-steam-mini-80w-tc-mod-by-smok. It's not out yet probably within a month or so. Now I'm even more confused, I'll have three choices instead of two.
In my opinion the R-STEAM MINI will have the best quality, looks and functionality, it just looks very neat, the eVic VTC Mini is sorts of the standard upon which all other single battery mods are compared but it is getting old and boring by now and has the same shitty short 510 connection that Joyetech uses in all their products, if you use a TFV4 or a tank with sticking out pin you risk damaging it and voiding your warranty, the 510 on the R-STEAM MINI should be longer and more solid and can take some beating, the Vaporflask Lite is an over-priced trash in my opinion, many people who owned devices from this line have reported quality issues.

If i was you i would get the R-STEAM MINI

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW i am very close to ordering the SMOK R200 i am getting in love with it lately, especially its light weight, 128g for a dual battery mod is a dream, i am getting 3 of them for me and a couple other friends.

I would like to know how long have you had it for? do you find any cons with it? i would like to know even the tiniest con not only with functionality but with build quality, durability of mod and finish/paint, battery door functionality, anything at all you find annoying i would be interested to know even if you think it is trivial.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The vapor flask lite isn't made out of plastic nor is the stout ...
I didn't claim it was "made out of plastic," but that it had "too much scratch-, scuff- and fingerprint-attacting shiny black plastic..." And, by that, I refer to the side that has the display on it. Take a closer look and you'll see what I mean. The eVic-VTC Mini, OTOH, has only as much of that as necessary for the display area. Same with the SMOK R-Steam Mini and P4Y IPV5.

Don't mind me. This is a personal bugaboo of mine :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a VTC and like everyone else, I love it. It probably gets the most use out of all my mods and is always in my pocket. However, everything from Vape Forward looks very well made and has the same functionality as the Evic. If I was deciding between the two, I might go the with VF.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't speak for the other ones but I love my Evic VTC Mini. I have had other single battery mods and the Mini has by far been the best. I had the Koopor Mini and it was terrible so I stay away from SMOK/KOOPOR mods even though I still own a Koopor Plus that my son uses and likes. I use the Mini on a daily basis at work and it is a backup for my Reuleaux DNA 200.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm... Looks interesting.

It's one that has caught my eye as well. I like that they throw in the shorty kit for those of us that have TFV4's.

It passed this guys sniff test so Smok must have done something right.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW i am very close to ordering the SMOK R200 i am getting in love with it lately, especially its light weight, 128g for a dual battery mod is a dream, i am getting 3 of them for me and a couple other friends.

I would like to know how long have you had it for? do you find any cons with it? i would like to know even the tiniest con not only with functionality but with build quality, durability of mod and finish/paint, battery door functionality, anything at all you find annoying i would be interested to know even if you think it is trivial.

I've had it since 2/16/16 so coming up on the two-week mark. I really love it just because it's so compact and light. It could almost be put in a shirt pocket without any problems. My Kangertech Mini Kbox v1 is about the same weight, depending what you have on top. I had one tiny issue with the Herakles Plus with their SS coils. I believe those coils are tri-coils and I lowered the resistance from 2.3-2.? The coils are rated at .20 with the Smok you can actually go in and change the resistance to compensate. I lowered it down to 21.5 and no burnt hits at all.

There are a few caveats that you should be aware of, for each type of wire on the Smok R200 you can choose Single coil or Dual Coil for the different tempt wires. So having a tri-wire coil in the Herakles Plus probably threw it off some. I've only tried it with the Herakles and the Crown, and with crown I was using Ni200 coils and it worked perfect, haven't tried their SS coils on it. Waiting for some to come in the mail. The R200 doesn't let you control the exact watts in temp control mode, but offers five settings. In the manual it lists the wattage for each setting. Min 40W, Soft 50w, Norm 60w, Hard 70w, and finally Max at 80w. Which in my mind is easier than making wattage changes on the Cuboid. Some people might see this as a con I personally don't because, and it's just my personal opinion and it is subjective. I feel like the Smok R200 chip handles temp mode a lot better than the Cuboid.

The only cons I can think is the finish and it hasn't happened yet and I've knocked it down a few times. I have the black version and the paint is a kind of matte finish and feels solid enough that to scratch is you'd have to do it with a knife or something. I'm not too concerned with the paint job looks like they did a very solid job with it. I do want to get a cover for it. If you're worried about the paint go for the silver version. Really don't see any cons other than what I have mentioned, I really like that you can change the resistance settings for each wire, makes it easier if you're not getting an accurate read on different Tanks RTAs, and RDAs. You don't need to lock the resistance it reads it when you put the atty on and reads the resistance and locks the resistance by its self. To get another reading you'd have to remove the atty click on the fire button put the atty back on and it will ask if it's the same coil or a different one and lock in the resistance. In watts mode, it's like any other mod, no bypass or anything like that. In my opinion you can't go wrong with this mod

Last edited:

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just remembered there is a built in clock like the SMOK MICRO ONE 80W TC MOD that has a built in battery. With the R200 when you take out the batteries it resets the date and time. But they just released a new firmware upgrade that removes the clock altogether. Just remember to upgrade when you get it. There is a trick to getting it to upgrade. It's not as easy as the Joytech mods. I wrote up a little turtioal on another form. I'll paste it in here. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/opinions-on-smok-r200.724692/page-3

Here is the post and I'll post the link below as well.
anyone managed to upgrade to version 4?

I'm going to save you a lot of trouble. You have to take out the batteries to get it to recognize the device when you plug it in. Hold the - key connect to USB port on your computer. Click on connect button, it should change green showing it's connected then click on the APROM button, look for the hex file, it won't show up as an option unless you click on the file types button and change it to hex. Then hit start upgrade, and that should do it for you. Good LUCK! and have fun!

The only difference I noticed was the clock option was missing in the menu selection. Which is nice, any other changes I'll have to wait and see.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It also lets you set the TCR for different wires, haven't messed around with that at all but its there.

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finally got SS TC on my VTC Mini yesterday after upgrading to 3.01 (I know it was there earlier, but for some reason, it didn't want to work).

0.25 Crown SS coils, 500F/50W/Max VG was magical. Except that I'm going through juice like mad.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm so used to sub-ohm tanks and am used to a lot of vaper, it'd be hard to go back to anything else. I jumped onto the sub-ohm bandwagon fairly soon. Only vaped over 1 ohm for a few months.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such detailed and valuable feedback, you have saved me a lot of disappointment and i really appreciate that

I had one tiny issue with the Herakles Plus with their SS coils. I believe those coils are tri-coils and I lowered the resistance from 2.3-2.? The coils are rated at .20 with the Smok you can actually go in and change the resistance to compensate. I lowered it down to 21.5 and no burnt hits at all.
That looks like a known issue with this device, it has an inaccurate resistance reading which gets worse the lower the resistance of the coil you use, it is showing in the test of DJLsbVapes in the video posted above.

There are a few caveats that you should be aware of, for each type of wire on the Smok R200 you can choose Single coil or Dual Coil for the different tempt wires. So having a tri-wire coil in the Herakles Plus probably threw it off some. I've only tried it with the Herakles and the Crown, and with crown I was using Ni200 coils and it worked perfect, haven't tried their SS coils on it. Waiting for some to come in the mail. The R200 doesn't let you control the exact watts in temp control mode, but offers five settings. In the manual it lists the wattage for each setting. Min 40W, Soft 50w, Norm 60w, Hard 70w, and finally Max at 80w.
This is total fuckery on SMOK's part, i know these Chinese manufacturers are negligent but this is a first, the most extreme case of negligence i have seen, what appears to have happened is that they moved the fucking firmware from the R80 AS IS to the R200 without even considering the slightest amount of tweaking, along with it moved the stupid clock that resets when you remove the batteries and the MAX 80W wattage limit in TC mode as it was on the R80 80W device, and that is the most stupid shit i have seen one of these manufacturers do, 80W max power in TC on a 200W device is just unacceptable, they do not allow you to set wattage manually and their pre-sets range from 20W to 80W, they should have made more reasonable intervals on the 200W device like for example 60W -> 80W -> 100W -> 120W -> 140W or even better, allow the freedom of wattage selection in TC mode like most other manufacturers do.

Single Coil - Dual Coil limitation is also a disaster, this also moved from the fucking R80 without a second thought, when they released the R80 the TFV4 Triple Coil RBA was still not released, and a 1 battery 80W device would only be capable of firing dual coils, but with the R200 release all that is different, now they have their triple coil RBA which is now not supported fully by their latest mod, and a 200W device can comfortably run triple and quad coil setups and again their device does not support that, which is total shit to say the least.

I feel like the Smok R200 chip handles temp mode a lot better than the Cuboid.
Both use the Nuvoton controller chip so if one is better than the other then it must be in their software algorithm and SMOK seems to do a fucked up job with their software, what wattage do you use on your Cuboid in TC mode vs. what setting to do you use on the R200, maybe the difference lies here.

There is a trick to getting it to upgrade. It's not as easy as the Joytech mods.
This is one more gigantic fuckery because they are using the developer ISP Programming Tool found here http://www.nuvoton.com/hq/support/tool-and-software/software?__locale=en under Programmer Software Tools Package, to let users upgrade their devices instead of putting the time to develop a simple user tool like Joyetech for people to update their mods with one click

Such lousy software practices are the most horrible of all i have seen, i just can't understand how they can do this!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The above is all fixable in a firmware upgrades, no? Unlike loosening or insecure battery doors, chipping paint, too-shallow 510 connectors, buttons that rattle, and displays that are dim and are easily scratched/scuffed.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I've got a Cuboid, a Smok RX200 and an old Kanger Tech Sub Mini. I'm wanting to get an updated single 18650 mod with stainless steel temp control. I'm torn between the vtc mini and the vape forward lite. I'm leaning towards the lite, because I think it's more solid, and the build quality looks a lot better. I looking for something that can hold up to more abuse. I love the battery door on the lite, and think it will last longer, and not fly off if I drop the mod. If you have other mods to suggest I'm listening.

I am also looking for a good solid tank that goes with the mod, and works well under 75 watts any help would be much appreciated.
Either one should be great, the VF Lite has the same Wismec/Joyetech chip as the eVic VTC Mini. They should both perform the same, it is a question of which one looks nicer to you or fits better in your hand. I have the VF Stout (review coming in a couple weeks), and it also has the same chip in it. The one thing I have noticed is that the VTC Mini seems to have better firmware support, there are 5 or 6 (don't remember which off the top of my head), and the VF line with the Classic, Stout, and Lite only has 2 (original and one update). I think the build quality is comparable on both of them, and I've never had the battery door fly off my VTC Mini when I dropped it.

HTH!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The above is all fixable in a firmware upgrades, no? Unlike loosening or insecure battery doors, chipping paint, too-shallow 510 connectors, buttons that rattle, and displays that are dim and are easily scratched/scuffed.
YES, it is indeed fully fixable in firmware, the hardware of the device is decent, using the Nuvoton NCU 220 chip and a nice board design, everything apart from the software is great, but the question, are they willing to put the significant time required to fix this? it seems like it needs some major re-writes of not only the Firmware but also the update tool, and they seem to totally lack the interest to put the time to do it, if they can release a device with firmware in this state, how long do you think it will take them to provide proper firmware if it all?

If they can change the wattage intervals, support up to quad coils, fix their resistance reading, and provide a proper update tool then this would be great, but requires a lot of programming efforts on their part which if they don't do will be worse than the problems you mentioned.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ok. Now we're commenting on the same things in two different threads. @Vapomizer: Pick one, please. I suggest the new R200 rant thread you've started.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never owned an Evic but I have a VF Classic and it quickly became my favorite mod. My next mod will probably be VF Stout.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Okay, quick update to the VTC Mini Firmware, including the original firmware, there are now 7 firmware files for it, and 4 for the Cuboid. I just updated both of mine and they seem to be working well. Once I have a chance to play with them, I'll be able to comment further.

The simple fact that Joyetech/Wismec are actively supporting the VTC Mini and the Cuboid like this speaks volumes for what's coming in the future from them.

HTH!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. Now we're commenting on the same things in two different threads. @Vapomizer: Pick one, please. I suggest the new R200 rant thread you've started.
Why else do you think i started the other thread? to keep it all in one place and not get this one off topic, good old forums posting practices ;)

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such detailed and valuable feedback, you have saved me a lot of disappointment and i really appreciate that

That looks like a known issue with this device, it has an inaccurate resistance reading which gets worse the lower the resistance of the coil you use, it is showing in the test of DJLsbVapes in the video posted above.

This is total fuckery on SMOK's part, i know these Chinese manufacturers are negligent but this is a first, the most extreme case of negligence i have seen, what appears to have happened is that they moved the fucking firmware from the R80 AS IS to the R200 without even considering the slightest amount of tweaking, along with it moved the stupid clock that resets when you remove the batteries and the MAX 80W wattage limit in TC mode as it was on the R80 80W device, and that is the most stupid shit i have seen one of these manufacturers do, 80W max power in TC on a 200W device is just unacceptable, they do not allow you to set wattage manually and their pre-sets range from 20W to 80W, they should have made more reasonable intervals on the 200W device like for example 60W -> 80W -> 100W -> 120W -> 140W or even better, allow the freedom of wattage selection in TC mode like most other manufacturers do.

Single Coil - Dual Coil limitation is also a disaster, this also moved from the fucking R80 without a second thought, when they released the R80 the TFV4 Triple Coil RBA was still not released, and a 1 battery 80W device would only be capable of firing dual coils, but with the R200 release all that is different, now they have their triple coil RBA which is now not supported fully by their latest mod, and a 200W device can comfortably run triple and quad coil setups and again their device does not support that, which is total shit to say the least.

Both use the Nuvoton controller chip so if one is better than the other then it must be in their software algorithm and SMOK seems to do a fucked up job with their software, what wattage do you use on your Cuboid in TC mode vs. what setting to do you use on the R200, maybe the difference lies here.

This is one more gigantic fuckery because they are using the developer ISP Programming Tool found here http://www.nuvoton.com/hq/support/tool-and-software/software?__locale=en under Programmer Software Tools Package, to let users upgrade their devices instead of putting the time to develop a simple user tool like Joyetech for people to update their mods with one click

Such lousy software practices are the most horrible of all i have seen, i just can't understand how they can do this!

Thanks for pointing that out, my opinion of the mod has gone way down. I still messing with the wattages on the Cuboid. My problem seems tp be I either set it to high and it hits temp protection before I can take a decent inhale, or I set it to low and get little vapor unless I inhale the whole ten seconds to reach the temp I set it at. So I still experimenting. I couldn't give you numbers at the moment but I getting a better feel for it. Your right though if they are using the same chip then I've probably convinced myself the temp was better because who wants to admit they bought a piece of shit mod. Again thanks for the info.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I finally decided to go for the eVic VTC mini, the price is too steep for some minor improvements on form factor and build quality. I'm convinced from what everybody's told me, that if I get a good sleeve for it, it should be fine. It also lets me buy a new tank that is better suited to lower wattage vaping. My current tanks need a lot more power to get the best vape out off them. The Crown and the Herakles Plus, though they would probably work fine on the Evic VTC mini though they would drain the crap out of the battery the way I like to vape them.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've been using mine, though 99.999% in the house, since the end of October. Other than some tank rash: It essentially looks like new.

I know what you mean about the wattage thing, though. If I'm firing something less than 0.5Ω it runs through the battery pretty fast. That's the only reason I'm looking at dual-18650 mods. Otherwise I wouldn't consider one, because I'm not finding one that really trips my trigger.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using mine, though 99.999% in the house, since the end of October. Other than some tank rash: It essentially looks like new.

I know what you mean about the wattage thing, though. If I'm firing something less than 0.5Ω it runs through the battery pretty fast. That's the only reason I'm looking at dual-18650 mods. Otherwise, I wouldn't consider one, because I'm not finding one that really trips my trigger.

I've been hearing great things about the iStick 100 TC mod. The firmware ups it to 120w, it runs on two 18650 but runs them in parallel instead of series, which increases the battery life a lot from what I'm hearing. The other mod, and I may end up getting it as well is the REULEAUX RX200 BOX MOD. Just because the battery life is better than the Cuboid, and the Cuboid is so freaking heavy I'm worried it might pull down my pants LOL, also it probably is a true 200w mod because of the 3 18650's. I also hear that for a 120-watt mod the iStick 100 TC travels well and has a killer fire button and feels great in the hand. I could see that as being my only mod, but I'm neurotic and love buying new mods. I plan on getting that one as well, probably next month or so. I rarely ever vape over 100 watts anyway, and the only real reason to get a dual or triple 18650 mod is battery life.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been hearing great things about the iStick 100 TC mod. The firmware ups it to 120w, it runs on two 18650 but runs them in parallel instead of series, which increases the battery life a lot from what I'm hearing. The other mod, and I may end up getting it as well is the REULEAUX RX200 BOX MOD. Just because the battery life is better than the Cuboid, and the Cuboid is so freaking heavy I'm worried it might pull down my pants LOL, also it probably is a true 200w mod because of the 3 18650's. I also hear that for a 120-watt mod the iStick 100 TC travels well and has a killer fire button and feels great in the hand. I could see that as being my only mod, but I'm neurotic and love buying new mods.
I know they're pricier but if your looking for a mod with a great feel to it, nothing beats the Vape Forward line up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know they're pricier but if your looking for a mod with a great feel to it, nothing beats the Vape Forward line up.

Knowing the way I am I probably eventually get one of those as well. I figure once they start taxing the shit out of vape products, or try and ban them completely one can't have too many mods. I also plan to stock up on several mech mods and rebuildable RDAs and RTAs which will stand up over time and can be repaired easily if something goes wrong with them.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've been hearing great things about the iStick 100 TC mod.
So have I. My main problem with it is that damn cheap black plastic strip running the length of one side, and their making it worse by locating operating controls in the midst of it. I find that aesthetically displeasing, and I'm certain it's a scratch/scuff magnet.

The other mod, and I may end up getting it as well is the REULEAUX RX200 BOX MOD.
Almost pushed the button on one of those, after fondling one in an LVS. But I really didn't want to deal with two sets of three batteries--esp. since my charger is a two-bay charger.

My comment, re: cheap shiny black plastic, above, applies here. Even worse with the VF stuff than the iStick. I was going to get a Classic until I noticed that. I"m not even looking at VF stuff, any more.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So have I. My main problem with it is that damn cheap black plastic strip running the length of one side, and their making it worse by locating operating controls in the midst of it. I find that aesthetically displeasing, and I'm certain it's a scratch/scuff magnet.

Almost pushed the button on one of those, after fondling one in an LVS. But I really didn't want to deal with two sets of three batteries--esp. since my charger is a two-bay charger.

My comment, re: cheap shiny black plastic, above, applies here. Even worse with the VF stuff than the iStick. I was going to get a Classic until I noticed that. I"m not even looking at VF stuff, any more.
VF stuff isn't plastic.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I finally decided to go for the eVic VTC mini, the price is too steep for some minor improvements on form factor and build quality. I'm convinced from what everybody's told me, that if I get a good sleeve for it, it should be fine. It also lets me buy a new tank that is better suited to lower wattage vaping. My current tanks need a lot more power to get the best vape out off them. The Crown and the Herakles Plus, though they would probably work fine on the Evic VTC mini though they would drain the crap out of the battery the way I like to vape them.
Good choice, probably the safest one also in this market, for a dual battery mod the iStick TC100W is really the one with the least amount of flaws out of all currently available TC mods.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i don't see this as a real concern with the iStick, having used it for a few weeks, that plastic strip is tiny and very thin compared to other mods, it is not that prone to scratches and smudges like you think, because unlike the VF line the fire button/panel is not located on top of that strip and the controls are all the way down and close to one another and clicking them does not smudge the screen, i have also been carrying it in pocket most of the time and i do not have any scratches on it as it is slightly recessed and again very thin, it is like 1/3 the strip on the Cuboid.

EDIT: also if that strip is your only conservation with the Cuboid, Joyetech have just released an official silicon case for it that covers all that strip except the screen area, maybe this would be an option for you.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why do people have such a difficult time parsing "running the length of one side?"
Nobody has a hard time parsing. The whole outside of the mod is made of metal except for the screen and maybe another half inch where the update and charge port is located. To say the mod includes cheap plastic is misleading and disingenuous at best. If you owned the mod you would know that it is anything but cheaply made.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nobody has a hard time parsing. The whole outside of the mod is made of metal except for the screen and maybe another half inch where the update and charge port is located. To say the mod includes cheap plastic is misleading and disingenuous at best. If you owned the mod you would know that it is anything but cheaply made.
How is the whole thing made of metal? what are these parts staring you in the face where buttons are placed on top off are made of?

IMG_8477_large.jpg

IMG_8475_large.jpg

IMG_8476_large.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is the whole thing made of metal? what are these parts staring you in the face where buttons are placed on top off are made of?

IMG_8477_large.jpg

IMG_8475_large.jpg

IMG_8476_large.jpg
Dude, it's a tiny strip of plastic and 3/4 of it is the actual screen. You can ask any VF owner. It's a solidly built mod. In fact even the buttons are metal.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude, it's a tiny strip of plastic and 3/4 of it is the actual screen. You can ask any VF owner. It's a solidly built mod.

So you actually say that these devices are higher quality than a standard Joyetech/Wismec device and is actually worth double the price? they also have the same 25A output limit i suppose?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So you actually say that these devices are higher quality than a standard Joyetech/Wismec device and is actually worth double the price? they also have the same 25A output limit i suppose?
I own both Reuleaux's, a Cuboid, an SX Mini M Class, a VT200, a Sig 75, and an X Cube. Aside from the SX, the build quality on the VF is very high quality. In my opinion the build quality and feel of the mod is definitely well worth the price. I've had it for over a month and it has very quickly become one of my all time favorite mods.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I own both Reuleaux's, a Cuboid, an SX Mini M Class, a VT200, a Sig 75, and an X Cube. Aside from the SX, the build quality on the VF is very high quality. In my opinion the build quality and feel of the mod is definitely well worth the price. I've had it for over a month and it has very quickly become one of my all time favorite mods.

No wonder Joyetech's owner/founder was using one instead of his own branded devices, Which one do you have? the classic? and you have not commented on the 25A output limit if you happen to know.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VF Lite is more comfortable to hold. Both are Joyetech products.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

IMG_8477_large.jpg

IMG_8475_large.jpg

IMG_8476_large.jpg

IMG_8477_large.jpg

IMG_8475_large.jpg

IMG_8476_large.jpg

If you got to their
website and I quote

• Maximum Output Power of 150W
  • Temperature Control System with Upgrade Function
  • Optional TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/VW Mode
  • Stainless Steel Threaded, Spring-Loaded 510 Connector

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No wonder Joyetech's owner/founder was using one instead of his own branded devices, Which one do you have? the classic? and you have not commented on the 25A output limit if you happen to know.

So you say the video with pbusardo? Look like he was either holding the stout or the lite a silver version?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Classic but to be honest I really wanted a VF SX Flask but at almost $300 it was just a little to rich for my blood. I love the Yihi chip. As far as the 25A I really don't know. I believe once you own any kind of flask its hard to go back to another type of form. They just look real classy and feel great in your hand. I can't wait for a SS one. My only minor complaint about the mod is I think they should have put the up/down buttons on the front of the flask like they did on the old DNA40. Where they have the buttons now its easy to accidentally adjust the temp if you have a heavy hand. That's my only nitpick complaint so far.

VU Sponsors