Become a Patron!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The stout is another issue since there are no proper 26650 batteries for it at full power.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So you say the video with pbusardo? Look like he was either holding the stout or the lite a silver version?
YES, looked like a VF mod to me! what do you think it was?

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I own both Reuleaux's, a Cuboid, an SX Mini M Class, a VT200, a Sig 75, and an X Cube. Aside from the SX, the build quality on the VF is very high quality. In my opinion the build quality and feel of the mod is definitely well worth the price. I've had it for over a month and it has very quickly become one of my all time favorite mods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I think you just changed my mind, I think I'm going with the Lite, you obviously are impressed by the quality. That is what I was looking for, I'm going for it along with their VF atty, even though it's not in stock on their page I found it on another site called Coral Vapes.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you just changed my mind, I think I'm going with the Lite, you obviously are impressed by the quality. That is what I was looking for, I'm going for it along with their VF atty, even though it's not in stock on their page I found it on another site called Coral Vapes.
I am starting to re-consider them myself based on @Deucesjack acknowledgment of their superior quality compared to standard Joyetech/Wismec devices, still need confirmation on the 25A output limit.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Classic but to be honest I really wanted a VF SX Flask but at almost $300 it was just a little to rich for my blood. I love the Yihi chip. As far as the 25A I really don't know. I believe once you own any kind of flask its hard to go back to another type of form. They just look real classy and feel great in your hand. I can't wait for a SS one. My only minor complaint about the mod is I think they should have put the up/down buttons on the front of the flask like they did on the old DNA40. Where they have the buttons now its easy to accidentally adjust the temp if you have a heavy hand. That's my only nitpick complaint so far.

Actually, I think what he was reading was in regards to the battery requirement being at least 25 or greater amps, like a Sony VTC4 at 30 amps. also know there are a few batteries that are rated at 25 amps as well, but couldn't recall the names. If you go over to IMR batteries their really good at giving accurate specs on batteries.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually, I think what he was reading was in regards to the battery requirement being at least 25 or greater amps, like a Sony VTC4. also know there are a few batteries that are rated at 25 amps as well, but couldn't recall the names. If you go over to IMR batteries their really good at giving accurate specs on batteries.
This is totally unrelated to batteries, i am talking about the Chip amperage output limitation, regardless of batteries used, even if you use 40A bats, all Joyetech/Wismec/eLeaf mods are limited to 25A OUTPUT so unless you build above 0.2 Ohms you are not going to exceed 100W with any of these mods, you never knew that before?

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is totally unrelated to batteries, i am talking about the Chip amperage output limitation, regardless of batteries used, even if you use 40A bats, all Joyetech/Wismec/eLeaf mods are limited to 25A OUTPUT so unless you build above 0.2 Ohms you are not going to exceed 100W with any of these mods, you never knew that before?

I heard something similar to that, but that is news to me. Thanks for clarifying. I do know my Cuboid does more than 100 watts. If I've read the specs correct in power mode it fires down to 0.1, and in temp it goes even lower. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about. Unless you're saying that at lower than 0.2 it limits the amperage to 25 amps, then I see your point. You're saying if you have say, a .15 build you can't go more than 100 watts? You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge, only been vaping for almost three months the 5th of March will be the third-month mark. I'm feeling real confident staying off cigarettes haven't had one since.

Last edited:

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Nobody has a hard time parsing.
That's demonstrably false, as apparently you do.

The whole outside of the mod is made of metal except for ...
Except for better than half one entire narrow side. Which is that to which I was referring.

To say the mod includes cheap plastic is misleading and disingenuous
Really? That plastic that occupies--I'm going to guess better than half that one end, is scratch-resistant, is it?

If you owned the mod you would know that it is anything but cheaply made.
I did not assert it's "cheaply made." I asserted that one side is prominently composed of cheap, shiny black plastic.

Last edited:

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I ordered the Vaper Flask Lite, thanks for convincing me vuJim.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a plastic cased LG flip phone I have carried in my pocket for 3 years with other stuff in there with it. Still works fine a bit scuffed but otherwise fine.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, I ordered the Vaper Flask Lite, thanks for convincing me vuJim.
Uhm... You're welcome
confused.gif
Hope you enjoy it, in any event. With the R200 not looking that great, after all, I'm back again to thinking probably another eVic-VTC Mini.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's demonstrably false, as apparently you do.

Except for better than half one entire narrow side. Which is that to which I was referring.

Really? That plastic that occupies--I'm going to guess better than half that one end, is scratch-resistant, is it?

I did not assert it's "cheaply made." I asserted that one side is prominently composed of cheap, shiny black plastic.
Buy the mod then talk shit. You have absolutely no idea of what you speak. Like I said in a previous post 75% of the part you call cheap plastic is the screen. Are they making metal screens now? Smfh.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uhm... You're welcome
confused.gif
Hope you enjoy it, in any event. With the R200 not looking that great, after all, I'm back again to thinking probably another eVic-VTC Mini.

You know none of this matters, but do yourself a favor and find out the truth for yourself. If you have a vape shop or a friend go hold some of these products in your hands, not because somebody tells you their good but in order to prove it to yourself that they are or are not. This isn't a contest. I made my decision because somebody seemed really passionate about something, and I wanted a product that was better built, not necessarily better functionally or better performing. There are better mods out there. I could have gone with an SL mini ML class if I wanted to go to the top.

I wanted a balance between the mainstream and the upper end. For example, I think the Evic VTC mini functionally probably is a better device. I'm sure there nothing inherently wrong with the build quality and it's a solid device. I may have just made a bad purchase, but it was a risk I was willing to take, based on one person's opinion. If I end up hating it I can kick myself and get an Evic VTC mini in the future. One thing I realized watching the two of you go back and forth is that there are strong opinions on both sides, and ultimately I wasn't going to get the answer I was looking for when I started this thread, so for better or worse I made a decision. We will see if I made the right choice for me,

I wish you the best on finding a mod you like and enjoy, but I can tell you from my experience there is no perfect mod, and you're not going to find a mod that there will be something you don't like about it. Just make it a point to make a rational decision based on the facts. It's unfortunate for me as I have no way of actually holding a Vaper Flask product. No shop in my area has one. Another option is to wait and see if something better comes out if you can afford to do so.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know none of this matters, but do yourself a favor and find out the truth for yourself. If you have a vape shop or a friend go hold some of these products in your hands, not because somebody tells you their good but in order to prove it to yourself that they are or are not. This isn't a contest. I made my decision because somebody seemed really passionate about something, and I wanted a product that was better built, not necessarily better functionally or better performing. There are better mods out there. I could have gone with an SL mini ML class if I wanted to go to the top.

I wanted a balance between the mainstream and the upper end. For example, I think the Evic VTC mini functionally probably is a better device. I'm sure there nothing inherently wrong with the build quality and it's a solid device. I may have just made a bad purchase, but it was a risk I was willing to take, based on one person's opinion. If I end up hating it I can kick myself and get an Evic VTC mini in the future. One thing I realized watching the two of you go back and forth is that there are strong opinions on both sides, and ultimately I wasn't going to get the answer I was looking for when I started this thread, so for better or worse I made a decision. We will see if I made the right choice for me,

I wish you the best on finding a mod you like and enjoy, but I can tell you from my experience there is no perfect mod, and you're not going to find a mod that there will be something you don't like about it. Just make it a point to make a rational decision based on the facts. It's unfortunate for me as I have no way of actually holding a Vaper Flask product. No shop in my area has one. Any other option is to wait and see if something better comes out if you can afford to do so.
You made a good choice. It's a great mod. Like I said in a previous post even if you do have a problem with it VF'S warranty and customer service is second to none. For anyone that doesn't believe me, give VF a call. I gurantee a real person picks up the phone. In today's day and age that alone shows a commitment to superior customer service.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You made a good choice. It's a great mod. Like I said in a previous post even if you do have a problem with it VF'S warranty and customer service is second to none. For anyone that doesn't believe me, give VF a call. I gurantee a real person picks up the phone. In today's day and age that alone shows a commitment to superior customer service.

Very good point, i am sold myself, thanks for all the good info you provided, i think i will be going with the classic, been eyeing it for a long time and was not so sure about the quality, thanks

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You know none of this matters, but do yourself a favor and find out the truth for yourself. If you have a vape shop or a friend go hold some of these products in your hands, ...
I don't have any IRL friends that vape. As for the vape shops: If I use their places for a showroom, I buy from them. I believe it's unethical to use a store for a showroom and then go buy somewhere else. Since I don't want to pay upwards to double for product like this, well...

Besides which I don't believe I've ever seen a VF product in an LVS.

I wanted a balance between the mainstream and the upper end. For example, I think the Evic VTC mini functionally probably is a better device.
Given it uses the same manufacturer's chipset, I expect its functionally identical. Except, as noted earlier, for update frequency.

I may have just made a bad purchase, ...
I don't think so at all. My problem with that product isn't perceived quality, it's aesthetic. I don't like shiny black--except on Darth Vader's helmet and Japanese lacquer finishes :). And, I'll wager, all of that plastic on all these products is low-quality, and scratches easily. Nobody's going to put high-quality, scratch resistant materials on products like these, that sell at the prices points these do. So the less of it, the better, IMO.

I wish you the best on finding a mod you like and enjoy, but I can tell you from my experience there is no perfect mod, and you're not going to find a mod that there will be something you don't like about it.
Au contraire, mon frère! For my purposes the eVic-Mini is perfect in every way. I'm seeking a dual-18650 mod for the occasions when I'm vaping at higher power (for more runtime) and because I like having new toys with which to play. If Joyetech had simply turned the crank on the eVic-VTC Mini, creating the eVic-VTC, I would have bought it by now. Hell, if tomorrow somebody came out with a new 18650 formulation that doubled battery life, I'd simply just buy those batteries and a couple more eVic-VTC Minis (one for backup) and by happy.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Very good point, i am sold myself, thanks for all the good info you provided, i think i will be going with the classic, been eyeing it for a long time and was not so sure about the quality, thanks
Np bro. When you get the mod be sure to let me know what you think of it.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to update you and let you know what I think of the device got a notice that it has shipped so you be a matter of 4 days or so.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I got the VF lite and like it a lot except I had a problem with the battery door, it's messing with the bottom of the battery wrap. The door scuffed the bottom of the battery wrap when I opened it. How dangerous is this? It hasn't affected the wrap on the side. I can't say I'm happy about this, other than that I'm loving the mod, feels great in the hand maybe a tad heavy, but I like that makes it feel solid.

Last edited:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which one did you get? the light? only problem with peeled off battery wraps is that they could short out with the body of the mod, but you can re-wrap them, a sheet of 10 wraps cost very little, it is just not good that this is happening,

Other than his issue, how do you like the overall quality of the device?

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found if I'm careful I can avoid ripping them, but you have to be careful. I just order some wraps for my batteries from IMR batteries. The quality is real solid, I'm pretty sure that whole body is made out of stainless steel, being that it heavier than other mods, and feels like you'd have to smash it with a hammer to even dent it. Buttons are all made out of steel, the display is just fine, I don't know why people are complaining about the screen on these. Yes,it's a little dimmer than on some devices, but I find it easier on the eyes, perfectly readable and I have no problems. I'm not sure if it's plastic if it is it's some kind of treated plastic because it feels real thick almost like gorilla glass, whatever it is it speaks quality. In fact, that may be why it is dimmer because of the glass or whatever mutes it. The font is nice a big, a lot bigger than on other mods its size, very clear and easy to read.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm feeling confident now. I wasn't properly pushing down on the battery door and the edge of the door got caught on the edge of the battery wrap. If you plan on getting this mod it wouldn't hurt to have a few battery wraps around in case.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm feeling confident now. I wasn't properly pushing down on the battery door and the edge of the door got caught on the edge of the battery wrap. If you plan on getting this mod it wouldn't hurt to have a few battery wraps around in case.
How's that build quality on that mod? Is the screen a little cheap plastic thing?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, not at all it's very tough, real quality. It exudes quality. High quality, looks like it can take a beating.
I told you bro. That's exactly why I only take opinions from people that actually own the mod. While most people will defend their purchase even if they don't like a mod because that's human nature. Every once in a while you get a guy like me that tells it like it is. Lol

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gonna chime in here. I have had only one issue with my VF Stout. The efest purople actually fit my model fine - no problem at all. The issue is the chiop will NOT allow you to vape beyond a set 25 amp limit. With a low sub-ohm build my unit will allow me to vape at a maximum of 93.4 watts. I also tried bypass to see if it would vape higher - it will not. Now since I generally like to build .2 -.25 I can live withj it but I do have attys at .14 as well and I'm limited. The efest is certainly more than 25 amps ... it is a 26650 after all. That said the quality is exceptional. I also looked at the classic at the time I purchased. Seems a very nice device. I would not go into a single 18650 though. They just don't last the day.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gonna chime in here. I have had only one issue with my VF Stout. The efest purople actually fit my model fine - no problem at all. The issue is the chiop will NOT allow you to vape beyond a set 25 amp limit. With a low sub-ohm build my unit will allow me to vape at a maximum of 93.4 watts. I also tried bypass to see if it would vape higher - it will not. Now since I generally like to build .2 -.25 I can live withj it but I do have attys at .14 as well and I'm limited. The efest is certainly more than 25 amps ... it is a 26650 after all. That said the quality is exceptional. I also looked at the classic at the time I purchased. Seems a very nice device. I would not go into a single 18650 though. They just don't last the day.

Very true, I thought about getting the stout, but was hearing about all the battery problems and didn't really care for the shape really didn't do it for me. I have a couple of 200w devices that are meh, probably get a VF classic.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Very true, I thought about getting the stout, but was hearing about all the battery problems and didn't really care for the shape really didn't do it for me. I have a couple of 200w devices that are meh, probably get a VF classic.
Love my Classic cheap plastic and all. Lmao.

VU Sponsors