Become a Patron!

eVic Primo Mini Malfunctioning

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello!

So i got a 6 months old Primo mini by Joyetech and it started acting strangely.
First sings were that it didnt want to fire some times and it started giving out a buzzing whistling noise for the duration i held down the fire button.
2nd problem was that when the noises stopped it started to give me error messages when i pressed the fire button (Low battery, Weak battery, Low atomizer, etc...) So every error message.
The last problem was that it didnt want to read the resistence properly. My coils are around 0.5-1 ohms depending the tank i use. When i put on ANY tank it reads around 0.35-0.45 ohms.
When i try to vape i had to crank the wattage up to 40W so i can get around 15W or at least that is how it feels like,

I clean all the contatcs but nothing worked. I Tried to screw the screw tighter on the button ( i saw it helped people).
Now the interesting part: I was thinking maybe i should upgrade the firmware or downgrade it. I did it nothing helped. I tried ther secound time It didnt recognise the mod.
I tried the third time and it supposed to say that the hardware version is 1.00 or something like this well my hardware change from 1.00 to 5million in a day.

Is there any fix? or what happened i cant seem to wrap my head around it since i didnt missuse or i dont think liquid got into the mod. I never dropped it so its in perfect shape and i also use good batteryies and i never go higher than 35-40Watts.

Any advice?
bed99a19f0b211b646d9e24b3dda0399.1000x1000x1.jpg bed99a19f0b211b646d9e24b3dda0399.1000x1000x1.jpg

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also sometimes it doesnt ever read the resistance.

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
This comes late but i had the same issue with mine. I have taken it apart and investigated. There is a design flaw in the atomizer connector. It is simply pressed into the case, no screws or threads, and is using the shell of the connector as the negative, there is only one wire inside, going to the positive. The connector and the casing are made of two different metals with different thermal expansion coefficients, so over time, due to repeated heating and cooling, it gets loose and it no longer makes a good connection, especially if you are using a low resistance coil. I have noticed that over 0.5 ohms it will be fine, less than that and you are asking for trouble.

If you beat (not too hard!) on the atomizer connector with a hammer and appropriately sized chisel or screwdriver, you will get it working again. A permanent fix would be spot welding the atomizer connector to the body, on the inside. I have tried soldering it but the materials it is built from will not take solder.

VU Sponsors