Become a Patron!

Evic VTC goes mini

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
What do you have the SX Mini set at? I'm not sure why there is a 120 degree difference, that is quite a bit. Ti didn't work with the Ti setting, but using the Ni work-around is fine? What's the point of having the setting if it doesn't work?

I guess the bottom line is that it doesn't matter what the settings are set at if you can find a way to dial in your vape preferences. Thanks for all the info!

When did you order from ecig.com? I ordered the same time as @2c5000 ... and it still isn't here :(

My usual settings (depending on the juice) on the SX is around 390-420 with 15-25 watts. I kept playing with the settings and I finally am getting a steady vape on the VTCM. I locked the resistance (after letting the mod come to room temp) three or four different times and it seems that it's not consistent reading the tank. I'm at 380 and 16w now. From everything I've read about TI, it takes a lot less temp than NI200. Again, still using the TI coil. Trying to use the TI profile, I ran out of adjustment.

As for shipping, ecig.com is one of the fastest I've run across, where it's in the USPS' hands within a couple of hours of order. I'm not talking about the "label created" level, this is the "accepted" or "picked up" message. But from what I've seen the USPS in Texas really sucks. I've ordered three times during the sale: Ordered and picked up 8/25, received 8/31, Ordered and accepted 9/2, received 9/8; and Ordered and picked up 9/3, received 9/8.

Note that I'm near St. Louis, one state and ~600 miles. I can get orders from Washington State and New York faster than that. But still, it's a lot faster than China!

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
can you link to this? the more i use mine the more i love it. i think the TC on this version is more accurate than on my VT. i may sell my VT to get a white VTC.

nice! when i saw the ecig.com link... i had to call them to confirm they actually did have them in stock and were shipping. it wasnt until a bit later i realized that sweet vapes and another us vendor had them the same day. cigabuy was easy to work with regarding the order cancellation. no sweat.

what color?

oh now im thinking about putting a custom finish on one... cerakote perhaps...? there are two little screws inside the battery sled that i believe are what hold the sled to cover the innards. i wonder if the screen (glass part of the mod) can be removed easily...?

oh and what about patina? oh boy...

stubby rda X VTC
QBeYbxM.jpg
Here you go - in German obviously

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As for shipping, ecig.com is one of the fastest I've run across, where it's in the USPS' hands within a couple of hours of order. I'm not talking about the "label created" level, this is the "accepted" or "picked up" message. But from what I've seen the USPS in Texas really sucks. I've ordered three times during the sale: Ordered and picked up 8/25, received 8/31, Ordered and accepted 9/2, received 9/8; and Ordered and picked up 9/3, received 9/8.

Note that I'm near St. Louis, one state and ~600 miles. I can get orders from Washington State and New York faster than that. But still, it's a lot faster than China!

Dang, ecig.com has the UWell Crown for 16 and some change, and they're in my home state, wonder how they're so cheap. Must have massive inventory.

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Dang, ecig.com has the UWell Crown for 16 and some change, and they're in my home state, wonder how they're so cheap. Must have massive inventory.
The owner posted a letter on reddit (and maybe elsewhere) that he was changing his business model and would be selling at his cost (including what he paid for shipping) until he had lost 1 million dollars. I assume he was referring to the lost profit from not charging retail. Whatever, his sale has produced prices that are 50 to 75% of what even the low cost US sites are asking. I'm on my fourth order and have received quality genuine goods. See my previous post regarding shipping.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my eVic VTC kit about an hour ago. Man, this thing is tiny! It's only slightly larger than a cloupor mini but it feels like it might weigh less. The screen is huge! I washed and dried the ego one mega tank than came with it, primed the head that was installed (Ni 0.2Ω), then filled the tank and waited a bit before I gave it a go. The reviewers are right on about the mod and the coils. The VTC is amazing! The standard ego one CL coils don't wick fast enough to keep up with 70VG juice at 25w 450ºF... and those settings are pretty anemic. I figured as much so I also ordered a couple of CLR heads which are supposed to be much better.

I certainly didn't order the VTC Mini for the tank, but since it comes with the kit I decided to add my first impressions of both. The airflow is excellent. It's just the standard CL coils that hold it back.The taste is fine and along with the VTC in TC I don't get any dry hits even at 550º. I'll try a rebuildable head next, and maybe the included Ti head. VaporDNA also has stainless steel wire (got some of that too) so it will be going into the first tank that runs dry. I give a huge
xyxthumbs_zps9f993428_1.jpg_zpsznc2jxhp.gif
to the VTC Mini and a big "no thank you" to the eGo Mega CL heads.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so I experienced something weird when using my VTC yesterday and it has happened again a couple of times since. basically i will turn it on and start vaping, but between pulls something happens and the resistance shows ".00". then when i hit the fire button i get a "atomizer low" warning. this is even with the atty resistance locked. easy fix is to unscrew the atty and screw it right back on. then the resistance reads correctly and vapes again. or removing and replacing the cell works as well.

just started yesterday and has happened 3 or 4 times total including about a half an hour ago.

has anyone else experienced this? and are there any firmware updates avail from joyetech yet?

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my six weeks of vaping, I don't think I've seen a mod in this price range with this many features. The lowest internet price I can find is $58.49, and you get a tank, two TC coils, and a mod that has a mech mode, Ti and Ni mode, upgradable firmware, passthrough/in unit charging, and an admirable 60watts. I am quite fond of my iStick 40W TC, but that's half the price on the internet. I wish I knew about this one at the time...

Maybe it'll be my "next step up" mod?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so I experienced something weird when using my VTC yesterday and it has happened again a couple of times since. basically i will turn it on and start vaping, but between pulls something happens and the resistance shows ".00". then when i hit the fire button i get a "atomizer low" warning. this is even with the atty resistance locked. easy fix is to unscrew the atty and screw it right back on. then the resistance reads correctly and vapes again. or removing and replacing the cell works as well.

just started yesterday and has happened 3 or 4 times total including about a half an hour ago.

has anyone else experienced this? and are there any firmware updates avail from joyetech yet?

Has this happened with different tanks and builds? If not, I would check the tank for a loose connection (if it's an RBA). If you're using a disposable coil you can try to rule it out by switching it with another one. There are a lot of tanks that don't play well with TC and lots of shoddy coils around. If the mod is dropping the ohms reading with different tanks, coils and RDAs then it probably isn't the firmware. Try to rule out one thing at a time until you are sure it's the mod that is causing the issue. If it is, return the thing ASAP. My VTC Mini has't done anything like that and it's the same version 1.02 firmware everybody has. The release firmware is the newest version.

If you haven't heard, there are a few ways to get information to show up on the VTC Mini. Here are the ones I know about:
>20 clicks of the fire button shows you the firmware version. (it takes me a few tries to get it right)
>With the mod off, hold down the left and fire button together to see the remaining battery voltage.
>With the mod off, 10 clicks of the fire button shows the board temp.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered mine from Ecig, the white one. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as everyone else in here, it'll be my first TC mod. Right meow I'm currently using a KangerTech Subox Mini with a Subox tank plus.

Question I have is what tank should I use? I'd use my Kanger but I'm not really a fan on Ni coils, so i want a tank that has Ti coils that I can buy. Id totally make them but being a chef I don't get much spare time.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Oh and off topic I need a battery charger, any suggestions?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442199326.745529.jpg

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has this happened with different tanks and builds? If not, I would check the tank for a loose connection (if it's an RBA). If you're using a disposable coil you can try to rule it out by switching it with another one. There are a lot of tanks that don't play well with TC and lots of shoddy coils around. If the mod is dropping the ohms reading with different tanks, coils and RDAs then it probably isn't the firmware. Try to rule out one thing at a time until you are sure it's the mod that is causing the issue. If it is, return the thing ASAP. My VTC Mini has't done anything like that and it's the same version 1.02 firmware everybody has. The release firmware is the newest version.

If you haven't heard, there are a few ways to get information to show up on the VTC Mini. Here are the ones I know about:
>20 clicks of the fire button shows you the firmware version. (it takes me a few tries to get it right)
>With the mod off, hold down the left and fire button together to see the remaining battery voltage.
>With the mod off, 10 clicks of the fire button shows the board temp.

ive been running a stubby rda with a Ti build in it. its the only atty ive used since getting the mod on Wed. at first i thought it may have been a loose lead, but it still happened after that was tightened. i can say though that since posting this it has yet to happen again. its been flawless since. i think i will contact ecig.com and tell them what is happening and see what they say. i really dont want to have to send this back and wait for a new one. so i am going to keep using it. if it happens again then i will have to do something.

Just ordered mine from Ecig, the white one. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as everyone else in here, it'll be my first TC mod. Right meow I'm currently using a KangerTech Subox Mini with a Subox tank plus.

Question I have is what tank should I use? I'd use my Kanger but I'm not really a fan on Ni coils, so i want a tank that has Ti coils that I can buy. Id totally make them but being a chef I don't get much spare time.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Oh and off topic I need a battery charger, any suggestions?

View attachment 28931

why not use the Ego One tank that comes with the mod? it comes with both Nickel and Ti coils. as for a charger... im a big fan of the nightcore D2.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive been running a stubby rda with a Ti build in it. its the only atty ive used since getting the mod on Wed. at first i thought it may have been a loose lead, but it still happened after that was tightened. i can say though that since posting this it has yet to happen again. its been flawless since. i think i will contact ecig.com and tell them what is happening and see what they say. i really dont want to have to send this back and wait for a new one. so i am going to keep using it. if it happens again then i will have to do something.

why not use the Ego One tank that comes with the mod? it comes with both Nickel and Ti coils. as for a charger... im a big fan of the nightcore D2.

Idk just not a fan of how it looks, something about it(I know sounds petty).

I'm definitely going to use the tank it comes with for the time being, maybe it'll convince me to keep it. One of my buddies suggested the gimlet but once again I'm pretty anti Ni.....

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also are the Samsung 18650 3.7v 2500mAh batteries safe for this? Sorry for the noob questions I am a complete noob to vaping.

Thanks appreciate that info, like I said I'm new to vaping and am planing on doing it to quit smoking since we're having our first kid. Wanna get healthier for him.
Congrats on the new family addition and the decision to improve your health and those around you. Wish you all the best in your new journey and welcome to the forum.

Just to add to what was said, the Samsung 25R's should more than suffice even at the full 60W all the way down to 3V (below the mod's cutoff and above spec min depletion).

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoot! Already got the email from egig saying it shipped, pretty impressive less then 24hrs after I order USPS already has it.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here, though 3 hours later the tracking hasn't gone live yet.

I suspect quite a few of us here are going to have white VTCs by the weekend. :p
It should go live later tonight, typically they print the labels them self and either drop off the packages at the post office or wait for someone to pick them up.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
It should go live later tonight, typically they print the labels them self and either drop off the packages at the post office or wait for someone to pick them up.
I'm on day 10 waiting for my mini from ecig.com.
The free shipping is the slowest usps available.
My tracking was also sent hours after ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up paying the extra to get priority 2-3day Mail, it was only like $6.55.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There were a lot of online Labor Day sales everywhere, not just vaping sites. I think shipping will be sluggish for another week or so for any non rush USPS package. So many people shop online that even a small holiday can throw off delivery times.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There were a lot of online Labor Day sales everywhere, not just vaping sites. I think shipping will be sluggish for another week or so for any non rush USPS package. So many people shop online that even a small holiday can throw off delivery times.
100% agree with this, I shipped something via USPS Express(overnight) Thursday and it didn't arrive until Saturday. Thankfully I got my money back since it was guaranteed.

Hopefully everyone here that ordered was able to get one, just saw this in Ecig:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442275609.771328.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered my black evic-vtc last Thursday from ecig.com, and looking at tracking it will be here by Wednesday, maybe even tomorrow, sure not going to complain with only paying $41.80 for it :)

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered my black evic-vtc last Thursday from ecig.com, and looking at tracking it will be here by Wednesday, maybe even tomorrow, sure not going to complain with only paying $41.80 for it :)
What shipping did you get? The free shipping?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can never trust that the $4-$7 is actually any faster than normal free 3-5 day shipping and the next level up usually jumps to like $16. Fuck it.

I agree, really is just luck of the draw with USPS, I ordered from sweet-vapes on Friday, they shipped it Saturday, just regular first class mail, and it was in my mail box today, so if I paid priority for it, I would of got it faster lol

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can never trust that the $4-$7 is actually any faster than normal free 3-5 day shipping and the next level up usually jumps to like $16. Fuck it.
It is, it costs on avg $5.65 to ship using the padded flat rate envelopes they give out for free. I ship often and use that.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the wait is so worth it! love this mod!!!
I hope so, it'll be my 1st TC mod. Really looking forward to giving it a try, still on the search for a better tank. Need to find some decently priced and in stock kanger Ni200 coils.

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm also waiting on mine to get here it says expected delivery was yesterday but hasn't updated from the 11th! I have always Hated the USPS.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine turned up today from ecig.com, ordered last Thursday, in mail box today, so guess I got lucky, not to bad delivery wise, hopefully I am just as lucky with the Sigelei 75 watt I got coming from them too :)

So far really liking it, and thanks to @CorallineAlgae I got some CLR heads and even liking the tank with these heads, vaping at 25 watts and really good flavor, did change out the drip tip for a black one though ;)

yw3Y74K.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you're the one who took my CLR heads! :mad:

:p

That is a quick shipment, good for anyone. Maybe there was a rush on the sale pricing after your order went through. Who knows? Still no update on mine. I'm guessing Vapedick got his and is now in a nic coma or some such. Vapemail is such fun. :D

I got the CLR heads from sweet-vapes, worked out good, as wanted the rubber cover for my IPV D2, so went looking for that there 1st and just happened to have the CLR heads too ;)

The mini shipped small parcel and actually got it a day early, according to tracking, wasn't meant to be here till tomorrrow, but my Sig 75 is coming 1st class mail, and according to tracking, that is meant to be here thursday, so will see if I am really lucky twice :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, my bad. I've all but stopped thinking of them as anything other than the ones I want... the Ti CLRs. I don't have nor have used Ti, so I want these to check it out and then reload them with K, Ni or if I find I like Ti I can buy some later. Should check out SS sometime as well.

I already have ni200 and Ti, so do plan to try them out with both type of wire, and wasn't bothered just getting the Kanthal CLR heads, for now I just stuck one of these pre made kanthal in, and is working really well, even getting tempted to buy another one if these ego one tanks, but will try the other wire 1st though.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine turned up today from ecig.com, ordered last Thursday, in mail box today, so guess I got lucky, not to bad delivery wise, hopefully I am just as lucky with the Sigelei 75 watt I got coming from them too :)

So far really liking it, and thanks to @CorallineAlgae I got some CLR heads and even liking the tank with these heads, vaping at 25 watts and really good flavor, did change out the drip tip for a black one though ;)

yw3Y74K.jpg

Woohoo! \(◠ヮ◠)/
Which head are you vaping on? I know you just got it and haven't had nearly enough time to try everything out. I'm just curious about which head will be your personal favorite. I started with the Ni head and thought :( .. then the CLR and Ti heads brought the tank to life.

Honestly, it's all about the mod. What do you think of it so far? I can't think of much to fault it. It's the best mod I own. My only quibble is changing the watts in temp mode (up only), but once the watts are set it's so easy to adjust the temp.

Funny thing, my screen has completely white letters & numbers while yours looks blue.

EDIT to add: You already ninja'd me! Kanthal it is.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Woohoo! \(◠ヮ◠)/
Which head are you vaping on? I know you just got it and haven't had nearly enough time to try everything out. I'm just curious about which head will be your personal favorite. I started with the Ni head and thought :( .. then the CLR and Ti heads brought the tank to life.

Honestly, it's all about the mod. What do you think of it so far? I can't think of much to fault it. It's the best mod I own. My only quibble is changing the watts in temp mode (up only), but once the watts are set it's so easy to adjust the temp.

Funny thing, my screen has completely white letters & numbers while yours looks blue.

I didn't bother with the heads that came with the tank, just went straight to the CLR kanthal head, plan rebuild to try ni200 and ti with them at the weekend.

The screen just looks blue from camera, it is white in RL, really liking the mod so far, but only been using for a hour, but do like this smaller size than my full size vtc, can see the full size vtc going to the backup shelf soon now, my only complaint is the battery door does have a little play in it, from side to side, it is only a very small amount, and will probably get a rubber cover for it anyway.

Very well much worth the $41.80 I paid for it :D

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
to those who have ordered their VTC from Ecig.com... read below.

so this happened again today just 15 mins ago. so right away i jump on a CS chat on Ecig.com to let them know what was happening. i explained what was going on and that this has did not happen on my first build. only the second coil of which i am currently still using. the leads are secure and its a very basic build. so i find it hard to believe that is the problem. anyway i explained that i am going to install a new coil and ensure everything is good and tight. then give it another few days and see what happens. i did however ask if necessary... how soon could i get a replacement.

their answer was: Well unfortunately we cannot replace it since its not an internal mod, our warranty only covers mods with inter batteries as explained in our returns and warranties http://www.ecig.com/warranty-returns/

SO FYI... if you bought your VTC from Ecig.com they will not replace it if its defective. they said we have to take it up with Joyetech. im not too stoked on this, but i cant say i read their return/warranty info before purchasing either. so yeah im hoping it is my build and a new fresh coil will remedy the issue. if not i suppose ill have to email Joyetech... o_O

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
to those who have ordered their VTC from Ecig.com... read below.

their answer was: Well unfortunately we cannot replace it since its not an internal mod, our warranty only covers mods with inter batteries as explained in our returns and warranties http://www.ecig.com/warranty-returns/

SO FYI... if you bought your VTC from Ecig.com they will not replace it if its defective. they said we have to take it up with Joyetech. im not too stoked on this, but i cant say i read their return/warranty info before purchasing either. so yeah im hoping it is my build and a new fresh coil will remedy the issue. if not i suppose ill have to email Joyetech... o_O

Ouch! I never knew that either. So sorry to hear that.
I ordered my VTC Mini from VaporDNA. They aren't as cheap, but you can get $10 off coupons in the Deals & Steals thread all the time and they have an outstanding return policy (for future reference). I really hope it's just the topper but it doesn't sound like it. Maybe once Joyetech has a firmware upgrade it will take care of the issue. Please let us know if you contact Joyetech.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm thinking I'm going to use the tank that came with it along with my sub tank plus and mini with Ni coils until I get a setup with Ti coils.

I was able to get the Kanger 5pk of Ni coils for $10 and some change.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ouch! I never knew that either. So sorry to hear that.
I ordered my VTC Mini from VaporDNA. They aren't as cheap, but you can get $10 off coupons in the Deals & Steals thread all the time and they have an outstanding return policy (for future reference). I really hope it's just the topper but it doesn't sound like it. Maybe once Joyetech has a firmware upgrade it will take care of the issue. Please let us know if you contact Joyetech.

i put a new coil on tonight and the leads are nice and secure. ill be keeping a close eye on it. so far so good.

besides it never fails... in a month there will be another mod that i "need".

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dammit... got tired of refreshing the USPS page so I called ecig. They say my order was dropped of at the PO on Monday and it's just USPS not updating their tracking. 2 days? I dunno. Pisser. :mad:
Don't feel too bad...I ordered a mod Priority Mail USPS from AtoZ in AZ..I got a shipping label created but that was it..3 days later the mod was in my PO Box and tracking did not update...Figured it didn't get scanned ...I guess that happens alot ..just glad I got my mod, safe and sound, lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am a fan!!!!!

Attachments

• 12032981_10203856707217692_157807450486849343_n.jpg
    12032981_10203856707217692_157807450486849343_n.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 10418914_10203856707457698_6671708883428810441_n.jpg
    10418914_10203856707457698_6671708883428810441_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 22

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dammit... got tired of refreshing the USPS page so I called ecig. They say my order was dropped of at the PO on Monday and it's just USPS not updating their tracking. 2 days? I dunno. Pisser. :mad:

Just got my Sig 75 watt from ecig.com, so that is 2 orders from them, and both the tracking was not very good, think it has something to do with the Texas sorting there, one was parcel select and other first class, and both showed arriving at Texas, but then didn't update again for 2-3 days till it reached my city.

VU Sponsors