Become a Patron!

EVOLVS NEW DNA CHIP.. WHO'S YOUR DADDY??

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
Why should I care about temp control? I can control the temperature of my vape by adjusting my build. All the temp setting is going to do is push more power to the coil. Or am i missing something?

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@RyGon No, not you at all, methinks the fools know who they are.

Jaywizzz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's impressive that it can do 0.06, but surely not much practical use...? Instead of pushing 1.2V and 20A to 0.06R, it would be more efficient to push a higher voltage to a higher resistance, which would reduce the effect of resistance that isn't your actual coil (wires, connectors, etc). Great that it can though, don't get me wrong.
I'd rather be able to put any build on a box mod. Tired of having to do .6ohm builds to get it to fire. I like 22g wire builds, nothing ridiculous, just .19 to .3ohm builds.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why should I care about temp control? I can control the temperature of my vape by adjusting my build. All the temp setting is going to do is push more power to the coil. Or am i missing something?

Knowing the temp can be important when one knows how certain materials/ingredients and whatnot can degrade at certain temps. Though, I don't know if that is just a perk or the intended basis for which this chip was made. We're all basically just speculating without specs.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My friend was telling me about "sub vaping" is that what this is? I took a hit of his vape "thing" (it was
HUGE, not a pen like mine) and it like to have choked me. The flavor was pretty nice though.
Yeah they can choke ya up be careful man
Going from an ego to a sub-ohm demon mod I heard could give ya the shits for a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@skenzer I think the temp reading is just that, a reading, not a control of how hot you can push your coils. That would be cool, but this would require a lot more than I think Evolv is going to put into these chips. I think they are going to up the wattage, let you sub at lower ohm's (obviously), and maybe a few other features. What you suggest would require an arduino board. I just do not believe that would benefit Evolv's business plan, because it would make them much more expensive and more likely to break. JMO.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure how just gauging the resistance will be a reliable predictor either. Also, since the coil material, wicking material, wicking efficiency, air flow, position of the coil in relation to the airflow, the body of the atty's shape and volume, the construction and material of the vaporizing chamber, the length of pulse, pulse mod or steady flow (although that should be determined by the chip), juice chemistry, the temp of the entire unit when you pick it up and start vaping vs how it behaves after you vape it a while, (which also varies according to local conditions), the state of battery charge (which should be evened out by a good chip), and the construction of the coil, are some of the factors that come into play, the temperature prediction at any given moment will be worth only so much.

Sometimes, I have even considered that people who make juice in the mountains have no idea how crappy it can taste down here near sea level, or that people who vape high PG are not really concerning themselves with making a good tasting VG juice.

Basically, if you are having a good vaping day, a lot of stars have aligned for you. Meanwhile, I think a lot of us are fiddling with things constantly trying to make it all better. The worst atty that you own probably has at least a few combinations of factors that can make it shine for a while. Then there is the fact that a lot of people are getting off cigarettes and absorbing nicotine at a pace that is different from what they were used to for years. It's bound to make a few people a bit umm...hyper.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd rather be able to put any build on a box mod. Tired of having to do .6ohm builds to get it to fire. I like 22g wire builds, nothing ridiculous, just .19 to .3ohm builds.

Yeah, I can see the advantage from that point of view. All the same, even at 0.19 you'd be reducing the effect of 'other' resistances quite noticably compared to 0.06!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hahah you just got jested... I am joking with ya @peterMObeeelin he worst that could happen is you might get a little tipsy from the increased nicotine hit
and cough hahaha :)

"Dont give me that bs nonsense. I'm American and I support American products. BUT I only have 1 authentic mech mod(a 24k v3 flip) I know I overpayed but at the time it was innovative and I liked it.

I don't know about tube mods but you can mass produce boxs in America for a very low price. And if you're using a machinist to mass produce a box you're fucking retarded. No wonder you "used" to make mods.

How much profit do you think hana modz makes? Vapor shark? They dont use expensive raw materials. It's fucking aluminum and plastic and maybe some copper and brass. And they buy them in fucking huge quantities.

You dont need a fucking engineer for a box mod. If you do I'm sorry but you're in the wrong field or you're missing half a brain cell. Im a 23yr old economics major who has never touched any kind of electrical object and I made my first box mod last week. I did help my dad with his construction company back in high school but that barely helps.

Also MadeInChina does not mean bad quality. Look at infinite, hcigar, joyetech, sigelei, p4u etc. I hear about peoples hana modz breaking after weeks uses. I just ordered a sigelei 100w box and if it lasts longer than my authentic hana modz im going to come back to this thread and tell you to go suck it retard."

First of all, unless you work in the machinist industry you are talking out of your ass. When you can afford millions of dollars to mass produce a mod in quantities that would allow a lower end price, let me know Fuck face. Good luck with the FDA.

Chainvapor :)
It looks like you're the obvious fuck face in this thread.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Um those american companies mass produce it and make a abnormally high profit. There are authentic american mods starting to come out at the >$150 range. So obviously you were one of the people trying to make a quick buck off of vapers.

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
American mod makers dug their own grave. They charged ridiculous prices early on before the clones hit the market. Now that the clones are here they are blaming us consumers for the high-priced mods because we're buying the clones instead. If they would've charged a fair price from the get go us consumers wouldn't have started buying clones.
If you think I'm wrong check out the recent prices of the new authentic mods. See how they have dropped in price? Oh, I wonder why? It's because they realize now that we're not going to buy their overpriced products. Especially when the clones that are coming out are every bit as good in some cases even better.
And those clones that I am buying ARE supporting Americans. I buy my clones at the local vape shop that is owned by an American. Thank you very much

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Clones are just some enigmatic Asian guys' revenge for modders ripping off 510 connections, bottom-fire switches and adjustable contact pins.

Pot, kettle, black...

Innocent, first, stone...

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Clones are just some enigmatic Asian guys' revenge for modders ripping off 510 connections, bottom-fire switches and adjustable contact pins.

Pot, kettle, black...

Innocent, first, stone...

Can't help but to smile with this post. Cleva!

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
American mod makers dug their own grave. They charged ridiculous prices early on before the clones hit the market. Now that the clones are here they are blaming us consumers for the high-priced mods because we're buying the clones instead. If they would've charged a fair price from the get go us consumers wouldn't have started buying clones.
If you think I'm wrong check out the recent prices of the new authentic mods. See how they have dropped in price? Oh, I wonder why? It's because they realize now that we're not going to buy their overpriced products. Especially when the clones that are coming out are every bit as good in some cases even better.
And those clones that I am buying ARE supporting Americans. I buy my clones at the local vape shop that is owned by an American. Thank you very much
You are much better than me at explaining this. But apparantly im still the "fool, fuck tard" for saying american modders were overcharging us and sometimes trying to get a 300% profit.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
r2beat and zzep69, are you both mentally challenged? zzep69, JD Tech is a Filipino product, as are many of the most expensive mods. Just because neither of you can afford and/or do not have the technical know how to make a quality mod, or an intelligent argument, e.g., " I just ordered a sigelei 100w box and if it lasts longer than my authentic hana modz im going to come back to this thread and tell you to go suck it retard." Please leave the discussions to the adults. Thanks!
Um I wasn't talking to you but I do have authentic mods. I don't buy authentic filipino mods either. I pick and choose the american mods I think deserve my money albeit I do regret buying a hana. I paid good money for my 24k flip and bcv xxix. Also, you must be the mentally challenged one if you think that american modders aren't ripping us off. The reason I just bought a xxix is because its an authentic american copper(copper mods tend to be more expensive) is $150. I bought mine for much less than $150 from Bay City Vapor themselves. If you go to spare parts and buy one with factory defects it becomes much cheaper. Go back to eco101 please.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Dont give me that bs nonsense. I'm American and I support American products. BUT I only have 1 authentic mech mod(a 24k v3 flip) I know I overpayed but at the time it was innovative and I liked it.

I don't know about tube mods but you can mass produce boxs in America for a very low price. And if you're using a machinist to mass produce a box you're fucking retarded. No wonder you "used" to make mods.

How much profit do you think hana modz makes? Vapor shark? They dont use expensive raw materials. It's fucking aluminum and plastic and maybe some copper and brass. And they buy them in fucking huge quantities.

You dont need a fucking engineer for a box mod. If you do I'm sorry but you're in the wrong field or you're missing half a brain cell. Im a 23yr old economics major who has never touched any kind of electrical object and I made my first box mod last week. I did help my dad with his construction company back in high school but that barely helps.

Also MadeInChina does not mean bad quality. Look at infinite, hcigar, joyetech, sigelei, p4u etc. I hear about peoples hana modz breaking after weeks uses. I just ordered a sigelei 100w box and if it lasts longer than my authentic hana modz im going to come back to this thread and tell you to go suck it retard."

First of all, unless you work in the machinist industry you are talking out of your ass. When you can afford millions of dollars to mass produce a mod in quantities that would allow a lower end price, let me know Fuck face. Good luck with the FDA.

Chainvapor :)
Hey dumbass. I just bought an authentic XXIX from BayCityVapor themselves for $130. Regular price is $150. Now tell me, are other modders making that huge profit I told you about? Um yeah, just wait, in a few months we're going to get american vw boxes dor under $150.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@r2beat Before you go calling people names, you really need to look at your own post. I could sit here and quote what you wrote earlier in this thread (II actually have a job and have to work so I don't have time, nor do I care to prove the obvious), your most recent posts contradicts your entire argument. I believe the average person on VU have slightly higher IQ's than the newbies and fools on the myriad of other APV forums. I have never paid above 150 for any mod. I don't just buy exclusively American mods, I buy mods that are of the highest quality, no matter where they are made. You must be a freshman in economics, because we live in a world that allows smart people to buy the best quality for the best price, regardless of origin, it's called an open market.

Last edited:

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Curse them integrated circuit jimmie rustlers!

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@r2beat Before you go calling people names, you really need to look at your own post. I could sit here and quote what you wrote earlier in this thread (II actually have a job and have to work so I don't have time, nor do I care to prove the obvious), your most recent posts contradicts your entire argument. I believe the average person on VU have slightly higher IQ's than the newbies and fools on the myriad of other APV forums. I have never paid above 150 for any mod. I don't just buy exclusively American mods, I buy mods that are of the highest quality, no matter where they are made. You must be a freshman in economics, because we live in a world that allows smart people to buy the best quality for the best price, regardless of origin, it's called an open market.
What are you saying? Ive been saying the same thing since the start. American mod companies were taking huge profits from us sometimes at 300% margins. You were saying they weren't. So does that mean bcv is taking a loss compared to other companies? No.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know much about chips, but it seems like the real question here is "Are the Evolv chips overpriced?". We know they are going to be cloned, mimicked, bypassed by substitutes and all of that stuff. I think reliability definitely comes into play a lot more with electronics than with tubes and atomizers, especially dealing with higher wattages. But the Evolv chips are not renowned for their high wattages, (at least lately). Is this just a gimmick, with little real value, to try to become relevant once again? Are there that many people using APVs that don't know how to get to the temperature range that they want? That ability kind of comes with the package. How long does the vaping public wish, by lowering expectations and paying more, to indulge companies who can't meet demand or prefer to just service boutique vendors? Does the fact that Evolv has the patent on variable wattage come with the damnation of all American box mod makers to forever dwell in the shadows of YiHi, Cloupor, IPV, ect.?

How many clone consumers did Hana Modz create? I know that I am one of them. Their attitudes about service and the scarcity of others like the ZNA drew the veil from my eyes. If we can't find a way to compete, nobody can. Maybe they would rather all just team up and try to get some subsidies for not making mods...Seems about right.

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
I think the temperature thing is a gimmick! I set my voltage/wattage to taste, and will continue to do so. If the new chip does not offer more features, e.g. more than 30W or buck circuitry I don't see any reason to buy it over the SX350?

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
I think the temperature thing is a gimmick! I set my voltage/wattage to taste, and will continue to do so. If the new chip does not offer more features, e.g. more than 30W or buck circuitry I don't see any reason to buy it over the SX350?
Exactly! Like that stupid ass Provari battery meter that tells you how much battery you have left based on how you are vaping. What a dumb idiotic useless feature that is.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
What are you saying? Ive been saying the same thing since the start. American mod companies were taking huge profits from us sometimes at 300% margins. You were saying they weren't. So does that mean bcv is taking a loss compared to other companies? No.
Hahhahahahahahahaaaaaaa 24k flip. Overpaying sucker!!!!!! You got ripped off. 410% profit sucker. Hahahhaaa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are much better than me at explaining this. But apparantly im still the "fool, fuck tard" for saying american modders were overcharging us and sometimes trying to get a 300% profit.
300% is conservative.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hahhahahahahahahaaaaaaa 24k flip. Overpaying sucker!!!!!! You got ripped off. 410% profit sucker. Hahahhaaa.

I bought a copper flip clone before they were taken down at Fastech. $29, it's one of the 3 hardest hitters I have

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, I am starting to think that some clones are even overpriced. The finishes on the Infinite versions are not as pretty as some of the other brands but vendors have our numbers and do what they do.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I pay for what I want. There were no clones of the v3 flip when I bought mine(s#415). I know I overpaid but thats the last mod I ever paid over $200. Cuntface

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Copper Flip clone, Atmizoo Lab in Bead blasted Naval Brass, and a copper Hades clone with copper contacts.
Can I see a pic of the copper flip? Sounds awesome.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a US mod fan myself, too many fucktards behind these companies for me to want to take a chance with another. (V3, Hana, Ameravape, etc...)

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not a US mod fan myself, too many fucktards behind these companies for me to want to take a chance with another. (V3, Hana, Ameravape, etc...)

I know, the Vamo had a lot of problems, but that wasn't really American, or was it? LOL Too many questions and problems to list.

Hana ignores customers, undoubtedly overcharges, and runs around suing B&Ms. I suppose it's good that somebody is looking out for people passing off clones as originals. Kind of difficult to tell just looking at a pretty generic box unless you typically carry calipers around. I guess if you are having creator's block you have time for all of that litigation. Perhaps they will find a new mass produced box to put that awesome logo on when Evolv makes these new chips. I don't know about you but I'm really stoked! :p

As far as I know, all that the Ameravape guys did was act like dicks and maybe overcharge people, pretending that they didn't use a lot of clones at one time. I don't think that there are a lot of problems with their mods.

The Manhattan clones do need some extra attention paid to their potential to self fire, though. Mods with thin or no bottom insulator at all give me the willies. How difficult would it be to pinch through the battery wrapping by simply cranking down too hard on the caps or atty? Finer threads also have considerably greater mechanical advantage. I think the best place for a mod with a heavy duty sub ohm build on it is not in your pocket. The question of whether a mod could become a pipebomb was fairly well put to rest at Vapeblast. I fused my 26650 Megan but even that doesn't make me feel totally safe. Sigh.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sadly, once again, this boils down to the fact that no one is forced to buy any mod from any particular vendor. If you choose to pay what you think are mods with a 300% markup, no one held a gun to your head. If you chose buy imitations that undermine the re-industrialization of the western world, that's your choice as well, I have high hopes for the future of Evolv and all companies that improve our choices as consumers.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sadly, once again, this boils down to the fact that no one is forced to buy any mod from any particular vendor. If you choose to pay what you think are mods with a 300% markup, no one held a gun to your head. If you chose buy imitations that undermine the re-industrialization of the western world, that's your choice as well, I have high hopes for the future of Evolv and all companies that improve our choices as consumers.
Whom are you replying to?

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@MrScaryZ I'm just stating what I believe to be a fact, it's not directed at anyone

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I meant V3 as in V3Tronix, not the Vamo ;)

My Bad! Oh, the Flip! Duh. LOL

Why bother making mods anyway? Much better to sell cotton at 6 bucks a cubic inch or 317L welding wire for a buck a foot, and you don't have to learn to program a big oily machine.

Joe cracked me the hell up with that "I wouldn't advise eating these unless you want to clear out every pore in your face." BTW.

Last edited:

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
I pay for what I want. There were no clones of the v3 flip when I bought mine(s#415). I know I overpaid but thats the last mod I ever paid over $200. Cuntface
That's why they charge so much. Plenty of suckers like you will pay $300 plus for a mod they just have to get right NOW!
Maybe if your dick wasn't so small.
Enjoy your golden dildo SUCKER.
It's probably a clone anyway sucker. Admit you got ripped off.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's why they charge so much. Plenty of suckers like you will pay $300 plus for a mod they just have to get right NOW!
Maybe if your dick wasn't so small.
Enjoy your golden dildo SUCKER.
It's probably a clone anyway sucker. Admit you got ripped off.

Lol I have serial number 415 of the gold one. I got mine 2 months ago so I did not have to have it "RIGHT NOW" cunt face

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol I have serial number 415 of the gold one. I got mine 2 months ago so I did not have to have it "RIGHT NOW" cunt face

You're lucky. I tell myself that it means nothing but my stuff always comes with all sixes. I never vape at 13 watts, though.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're lucky. I tell myself that it means nothing but my stuff always comes with all sixes. I never vape at 13 watts, though.
I have a friend like that. He only buys 3,33,333 serial number items. Weird thing is, if it has a comma he won't buy it ie 3333 vs 3,333 and 33333 vs 33,333. He's a weird little fucker though. A little bit of ocd and some other shit. I think its add but im not sure.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
Lol I have serial number 415 of the gold one. I got mine 2 months ago so I did not have to have it "RIGHT NOW" sincerely yours,
cunt face aka r2beat

Oh wow I'm impressed. Number 415 is the best one. That's my favorite one. Number 415. That one is worth at least 50 bucks. I love number 415 soooo much. But only when it's on an ugly ass v2 flip. With cheap ass gold plating. Yay for number 415. You should be proud and happy. 415!!

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Y
Oh wow I'm impressed. Number 415 is the best one. That's my favorite one. Number 415. That one is worth at least 50 bucks. I love number 415 soooo much. But only when it's on an ugly ass v2 flip. With cheap ass gold plating. Yay for number 415. You should be proud and happy. 415!!

Yeah it is. Be jealous yoy can't afford it you prick.

VU Sponsors