Become a Patron!

Fasttech: A strange request?

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i recently ordered from fasttech, if anyone is familiar with them, they mostly sell alot of clone stuff for super cheap. I ordered a unreg box mod, like 15 bucks. Its my first one, just wanted a cheapo to mess around with. This is also the first time Ive ordered from them. I placed my order and they even took the money out of my account. Then, the strangest thing ever, they asked for me to send a pic of the front of my card. I sent them back an angry message saying this sounds like a scam and I expect my package immediately. It definately took me off guard. But if they wanted to scam me, they already had my card information so i dont know what to think? Anyone have a similar experience or know of sites that do this? A quick response would be appreciated :)

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
did the customer service rep claim to be a Nigerian prince by any chance?

I have had to do this a few times with different vendors usually happens when billing address is different from shipping address. It is a legit request although I have never dealt with fasttech so I cannot vouche for them you should be able to cover all important info as long you have your face picture and name on the license and then name and last 4 digits on your card showing.

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, i thought. About covering my card number and then sending but didnt know if they would take it but im gonna try

Just leave last 4 digits uncovered I keep my picture of myself license with all info covered besides name and the card I use all info covered besides last 4 because I have to do do it a few times lol because my billing address is different from shipping but yea you should be fine hope this helped ya out.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to do that for FT once when using a new shipping address that didn't match my billing address...it was so long ago I'd almost forgotten - done a handful of orders since with no problems.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i recently ordered from fasttech, if anyone is familiar with them, they mostly sell alot of clone stuff for super cheap. I ordered a unreg box mod, like 15 bucks. Its my first one, just wanted a cheapo to mess around with. This is also the first time Ive ordered from them. I placed my order and they even took the money out of my account. Then, the strangest thing ever, they asked for me to send a pic of the front of my card. I sent them back an angry message saying this sounds like a scam and I expect my package immediately. It definately took me off guard. But if they wanted to scam me, they already had my card information so i dont know what to think? Anyone have a similar experience or know of sites that do this? A quick response would be appreciated :)

Get yourself a paypal acct, and use paypal with FT from now on.

BreeZyCloudZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, forgot to let you guys know I got it taken care of, i sent a message back to the lady that asked for the pic of my card, she said bank selected my card not her, complained to fasttech support, didnt hear anything, complained to their legal team telling them it was against PCI compliance to ask for that, still heard nothing, finally canceled my order, re-ordered through paypal, and it FINALLY shipped, so advice for anyone who might order in the future, use PayPal the first time lol, and btw I figured out they asked cause I put the wrong Billing Address, so make sure you dont do that either, thanks everyone! ;)

3mg Meniere

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My bank does not allow international charges because CC fraud is more common with international orders. If you are there, it will allow. When they request the photocopies, I figure that they are just "proving" that you are there in person. My bank knows better.

PP is the way to go.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I never order anything from China, period..its bad enough getting your card hacked here in the States, but its more at risk overseas, not to mention long delivery times especially if your item gets hung up in customs...but that's just me..

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've made a bunch of China orders. Time has averaged two weeks with the occasional exception. Some things are only available from a China vendor or in some cases the price is worth the wait. I've never had a CC problem with a China vendor because I only use PayPal for China orders. If I can get it from a stateside vendor at a reasonable markup I will but for vape stuff that usually precludes using PP other than fleabay (odd that if you use the name it automatically creates a link). I wish I could say that I've never had CC issues with a stateside vendor. I've had to cancel a card twice now. It sucks that PP is psycho about US vape stuff. I'd prefer to use it for stateside as well.

VU Sponsors