First time ever, I got scammed!! Thanks @Mipado

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive been sitting on this for at least a week and finally think its time to bring it out in the wide open. I hate sticking my neck out like this, but im a big boy, Ill take whatever comes. Every word here is documented on PM if any of you are interested.

@Mipado Im inviting you to rebut the accusations I am placing on you. If I am wrong, I will publically apologize.

Here goes. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wtt-aspire-atlantis-v2-for-kanger-subtank-mini.120010/
So I made a listing, with the intention of trading my atlantis for a subtank. Ive had great luck trading and took my chances on a new member, which didnt worry me much, since ive certainly done business with newbs before.

We both supposedly sent our packages out on aug21, the atlantis was delivered on aug 24 ( 9114 9999 4431 4250 2885 74 ) and the subtank(if it was actually sent) never made it. I have no idea, since he didnt give me a tracking number. He never even told me the atlantis was delivered. Actually, even after tagging him I have heard nothing from him since aug24, when he still inferred he had sent it.

Its a cheap tank and I dont care that much, but its the principle. I was good enough to send his priority after he voiced concerns about being scammed himself. I really tried to treat this guy well, since we were were all new to forums at one point, and I wanted him to feel welcome.

So please @Mipado Id love to hear a response, because Im all ears

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Odd! He asked a lot of questions while he was here, but never engaged in conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he said and I quiote
aug20th "Paul the subtank is all packed up and ready to go, I'll send it out tomorrow, I'm trusting you'll do the same, please don't swindle me, I couldn't handle someone else screwing me over, but those times happened on CL, not on a forum (I was robbed at knife point 3 years ago from craigslist over a iPhone 4... Crazy right)"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wait it should come

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just wait it should come

Ive been waiting almost two weeks, so it looks bad to me.
Im not a reactionary, quick tempered prick, especially when another persons reputation is at stake. I would never have posted this if I thought there was more than a slim chance in hell it would ever arrive. Ive observed every interaction since I sent the package and come to the conclusion that everything was great and things were on the level, until I sent it. Then nothing.

If it does come in the mail, I will change the title of the thread, offer a genuine apology, and give him a positive feedback review. However, im quite certain that will not happen.

Ill tag him again and hopefully get an answer.
@Mipado come talk to me man.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"My Dog ate it". I'm not holding out hope Pauly. There are way too many scammers and shitbirds out there. I do trades with members who are established here and participate in the forum. Show's a genuine side of their nature, plus scammers usually just promote and/or swoop in for a quick score, they ain't in it for the long con due to their narcissistic nature.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"My Dog ate it". I'm not holding out hope Pauly. There are way too many scammers and shitbirds out there. I do trades with members who are established here and participate in the forum. Show's a genuine side of their nature, plus scammers usually just promote and/or swoop in for a quick score, they ain't in it for the long con due to their narcissistic nature.
Ya know, I was given a chance and ive given people chances. Everyone was a new buyer once and many take that oppotunity very seriously, but I guess others do not.

Im much more disappointed than I am mad. I got a great deal on that atlantis and have another subtank on its way from a good friend who needed something else I had. So I didnt lose much.
I still hope im wrong, even though I will seriously have to eat my shorts if im wrong.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing wrong with dealing with newb's. just cover your ass next time. Like, "since you are new here, as soon as I receive and inspect your tank, I will send out mine with tracking". If they don't like that, then tough shit.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nothing wrong with dealing with newb's. just cover your ass next time. Like, "since you are new here, as soon as I receive and inspect your tank, I will send out mine with tracking". If they don't like that, then tough shit.
Ive done this on other forums, since it was customary to do so.

Honestly, this place has spoiled me, where reliable people are concerned. I had traded, bought, and sold to all manner of forum members with absolutely zero difficulty.
On one hand, I had a false sense of security. On the other hand, I got this atlantis tank for the price of shipping, from generous new forum member, who was quitting vaping. So I knew I wasnt gonna lose much, if something happened. I took the offer because, well, It wasnt a big deal.

Honestly, Im glad I took the hit for such a replaceable item. Losing this tank did not effect me at all. So really, Im happy I got to expose a scammer, so no one else get ripped off for an item of real value.

VU Sponsors