Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanksgiving rotated to the In-Laws this year, so I only have to make cranberry relish and bring a pie.

Christmas is a home game though.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What a great little recipe! I received an order of FA flavors today, but had to work today so I was a bit too tired to do anything serious. Then I ran across your Adam's Apple. It looked easy so I put it together using drops for flavors and 15ml of base.

Wow! It's great from the get go. Thanks.
thanks ! glad you like it.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have the family coming over so I have been cleaning all day. And its been snowing for the last couple of hours so I will be out snow blowing at some point. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
shhh.. my pork chops are marinating..
the apples are soaking up Jack Daniels..
and i am plotting on a half bushel of oysters.. giggles.. :D

ahhh.. the smells are driving me insane!!
wait.. i'm already there :p

half a bushel of oysters!
who cares about turkey - thats my kind of food

Enjoy!

so who's soaking up more jack Daniels?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
shhh.. my pork chops are marinating..
the apples are soaking up Jack Daniels..
and i am plotting on a half bushel of oysters.. giggles.. :D

ahhh.. the smells are driving me insane!!
wait.. i'm already there :p

Now I REALLY want to try a Jack Daniel's Homemade Apple Pie. I know the alcohol will burn off while cooking but it sounds so good. I always love filling a watermelon with everclear. MMMMM watermelon shots :p

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Hey guys. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving prep is going well!

ECX and RTS delivered today. ELM (the biggest order) should be here on Friday. While pies were in the oven. I did a little mixing. :)

I mixed up TFA Banana Nut Bread and RY4 Double at 12% & 5% respectively. They both seemed a little light on flavor so I added 3% more to each. They're in a hot water bath currently.

Right now, I'm vaping flavorless 20/80 (pg/vg) @ 12mg. I think 20/80, 12mg is going to be my normal target.

Now I want to mix up some base. I get the MAX VG way of doing things. How do you guys mix a base for a specific ratio/nic target when flavoring percentages may vary from recipe to recipe (manufacturer to manufacturer)?

For example: I could mix up a 14/86, 13mg base. 5% flavoring (avg for FA?) would get me darned close to my target 20/80, 12mg. If I'm using a TFA flavoring that needs 10% with an additional 2% of FA that throws the ratio and nic level out of whack, no? Even with MAX VG different flavoring percentages will throw off the nic target. Right?

Am I over-thinking this?:confused:

Thanks...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving prep is going well!

ECX and RTS delivered today. ELM (the biggest order) should be here on Friday. While pies were in the oven. I did a little mixing. :)

I mixed up TFA Banana Nut Bread and RY4 Double at 12% & 5% respectively. They both seemed a little light on flavor so I added 3% more to each. They're in a hot water bath currently.

Right now, I'm vaping flavorless 20/80 (pg/vg) @ 12mg. I think 20/80, 12mg is going to be my normal target.

Now I want to mix up some base. I get the MAX VG way of doing things. How do you guys mix a base for a specific ratio/nic target when flavoring percentages may vary from recipe to recipe (manufacturer to manufacturer)?

For example: I could mix up a 14/86, 13mg base. 5% flavoring (avg for FA?) would get me darned close to my target 20/80, 12mg. If I'm using a TFA flavoring that needs 10% with an additional 2% of FA that throws the ratio and nic level out of whack, no? Even with MAX VG different flavoring percentages will throw off the nic target. Right?

Am I over-thinking this?:confused:

Thanks...

Are you using a calculator? It might help.. ;)

this is the one i use, and it even does cost

http://www.vitalsparks.com/ez-mix.html

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Are you using a calculator? It might help.. ;)

this is the one i use, and it even does cost

http://www.vitalsparks.com/ez-mix.html

Thanks, Smoky Blue. I did use a calc. I just mixed each 6ml sample with 100mg/100%VG nic, PG, VG & flavorings. Many here have written about keeping a "ready-to-vape" base around that they drip flavorings into, shake and vape. I don't see how that's possible if you're targeting a certain ratio/nic level and each recipe calls for different % of flavorings.

Do I cut my 100mg nic to 24 mg and mix with that? I guess that's an option.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, Smoky Blue. I did use a calc. I just mixed each 6ml sample with 100mg/100%VG nic, PG, VG & flavorings. Many here have written about keeping a "ready-to-vape" base around that they drip flavorings into, shake and vape. I don't see how that's possible if you're targeting a certain ratio/nic level and each recipe calls for different % of flavorings.

I generally vape between 3mg-6mg. I make two bases, both in 6mg - one max VG (my nic is in PG), and one around 60vg/40pg. Most of my flavorings are between 5-10%, which puts me in the ballpark for what I need.

bobskinner

Member For 4 Years

Hey aldenf,

I don't know about others, but for me personally I find i don't worry about hitting an exact percent with my final nic level and i don't notice a significant difference in my vape experience. I usually mix my bases at 13.33mg/ml and then, after adding flavor, if I'm somewhere between 10 and 13 it's good enough. Or for dripping I'll mix my base at around 6.66mg and hope for something between 4 and 6 in the finished mix. I honestly don't notice the difference in a couple of mg/ml, if I need more nic I'll compensate by vaping a bit more.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I generally vape between 3mg-6mg. I make two bases, both in 6mg - one max VG (my nic is in PG), and one around 60vg/40pg. Most of my flavorings are between 5-10%, which puts me in the ballpark for what I need.
Hey aldenf,

I don't know about others, but for me personally I find i don't worry about hitting an exact percent with my final nic level and i don't notice a significant difference in my vape experience. I usually mix my bases at 13.33mg/ml and then, after adding flavor, if I'm somewhere between 10 and 13 it's good enough. Or for dripping I'll mix my base at around 6.66mg and hope for something between 4 and 6 in the finished mix. I honestly don't notice the difference in a couple of mg/ml, if I need more nic I'll compensate by vaping a bit more.
I make one base, exactly like they do.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i used to worry on making a base.. but since i do all vg.. it's not that hard to add the nic and vg to my flavoring..
i also bounce in nic levels all day, so it's kind of hard for me to make a base mixture..
but yes, if you are off by 1-3% it really is not that noticeable..
however, you might not want to do that if you mix for others.. :)

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Happy thanksgiving!

Welcome zeeli

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trying to decide.....
Irish Cream in my coffee...... or my vape.... :confused:
Razberry Tiramisu maybe....o_O

haven't even got near the food decision stage yet, guess I should wake up earlier......
NAH !!!!!!!! :eek:

Anyways...........Mournin' all !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Right now, I'm vaping flavorless 20/80 (pg/vg) @ 12mg. I think 20/80, 12mg is going to be my normal target. ...
How do you guys mix a base for a specific ratio/nic target when flavoring percentages may vary from recipe to recipe (manufacturer to manufacturer)?
... different flavoring percentages will throw off the nic target. Right?

My flavoring percentages don't range all that much, which is why having premixed unflavored nic works for me.
My base is about 18mg nic, and I vape unflavored like that fairly regularly.
If I add 5% flavoring to that, it's at 17.1mg nic (95% of 18)
When I use 10% flavoring, it's 16.2mg nic (90% of 18).
I rarely use over 10% flavoring these days.

The range of 16.2 to 18mg nic - honestly, I can't tell them apart. If you're vaping with less nic than I am, the mg range comes out even smaller.

Oh - I also keep a bottle of double-strength unflavored (36mg nic), for when I have a craving to crush. That'll do it, lol!

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both! I like to do that. When the flavor match is right, I really enjoy vaping the same flavor as my coffee/snack...

I hear ya......

But went another direction entirely......
Kahlua in the coffee, and Vanilla/CamT vape !
:rolleyes:

Oh... and Choco dounut cuz they were calling to me, Turkey Sanwich will wait for lunch !
:D

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Morning VU!
I'm trying to make my first order this morning. After reading recipe after recipe on here, I'm trying to pick up some of the most commonly used flavors. I have a cart full of stuff from eliquidmart. But they don't seem to have all of the FA flavors. Is there a place that has them all and I can get them in smaller bottles?

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Morning VU!
I'm trying to make my first order this morning. After reading recipe after recipe on here, I'm trying to pick up some of the most commonly used flavors. I have a cart full of stuff from eliquidmart. But they don't seem to have all of the FA flavors. Is there a place that has them all and I can get them in smaller bottles?

I have yet to find one place that has them all.
I think everyone would love that but it just never happens that way.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have yet to find one place that has them all.
I think everyone would love that but it just never happens that way.
Crap! Someone should do that then!

My cart is full and rdy to check out, but I don't have Jamaican rum or Vanillin.

I guess I don't need that yet anyways. (Bet I do though)

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Morning VU!

Check out rtsvapes.com. The smallest they sell is 10ml for $3.25. I just made my first order last Sunday and had to grab a couple from RTS because ELM didn't carry or was out of stock. Purevapes.com has FA in 3ml samples for $1.50.

Good luck and welcome!

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Crap! Someone should do that then!

My cart is full and rdy to check out, but I don't have Jamaican rum or Vanillin.

I guess I don't need that yet anyways. (Bet I do though)
Ok they just call it Rum on the site but I order all my FA flavorings from EliquidMart - they have it and when you get it it will say Jamaican Rum on it ;) http://www.eliquidmart.com/rum-by-flavourart/

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Check out rtsvapes.com. The smallest they sell is 10ml for $3.25. I just made my first order last Sunday and had to grab a couple from RTS because ELM didn't carry or was out of stock. Purevapes.com has FA in 3ml samples for $1.50.

Good luck and welcome!

RTSVapes.com coupon code GOBBLE15 gets 15% off flavors, glassware, and DIY stuff until 12/2/2014.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Someone told me to try my FA tobaccos that had been time steeping for a week so I did. I mixed them all at 2% standalone. I liked FA Shade by itself,FA Virginia was ok by itself also,FA Ry4 I think needs more than 2%, and OMG FA Maxx Blend was a bit much at 2% - but I liked it:cool: I am now mixing a few up together - will let you know when they have had a week:p:D

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everything is ordered! Booty Booty, :eek:damn song. Now I want to sit at the door like an over protective watch dog and wait for the mail lady to drive up!:mad:

VU Sponsors