Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be awesome. I think it's a winner but I'm sure it could be better.:)

Just mixed this. Good vape. Its a winner sir. Its not White Rabbit though ( to me)
I can taste the pineapple pretty good. But I taste pineapple in everything Ive ever put it in.

Isnt it funny how some of us taste things more prevelant than others ? Huck and I were discussing that one day.

EDIT: BTW.... I JUST mixed it, so Ill wait til the pineapple settles down and the other flavors get introduced to each other a bit. I always jump the gun on that.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just mixed this. Good vape. Its a winner sir. Its not White Rabbit though ( to me)
I can taste the pineapple pretty good. But I taste pineapple in everything Ive ever put it in.

Isnt it funny how some of us taste things more prevelant than others ? Huck and I were discussing that one day.

EDIT: BTW.... I JUST mixed it, so Ill wait til the pineapple settles down and the other flavors get introduced to each other a bit. I always jump the gun on that.
No, Tball, I think that's good. You get to taste the transitions that way. I wrote this one down last night.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I can taste it a little right at the beginning and then after it sits a day it goes away for me completely if I vape over 30W. Under 30W I can taste the coconut and pineapple more. I prefer it in my dripper up around 35W or so.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can taste it a little right at the beginning and then after it sits a day it goes away for me completely if I vape over 30W. Under 30W I can taste the coconut and pineapple more. I prefer it in my dripper up around 35W or so.
I can see that. I test with a handfull of old tridents with 1.0 to 1.1 coils in them..... And usually at 3.6 volts ( 11 watts or so? ) so I can get all those little flavorfull flavor notes. ( HIC 's rubbing of on me lol )

I have Hics Swiss Bliss in my cloud machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Misswish...... I know your sittin on some top secret great concoctions...... Give me one to mix. ;)

Lol, I wish I was! One of these days I'll experiment with flavors. In the meantime, I can't even keep up with all the tasty recipes posted here! We have the best & most generous chefs ever right here, ;):):p (the last one is me with my tongue hanging out as I read recipes).

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can see that. I test with a handfull of old tridents with 1.0 to 1.1 coils in them..... And usually at 3.6 volts ( 11 watts or so? ) so I can get all those little flavorfull flavor notes. ( HIC 's rubbing of on me lol )

I have Hics Swiss Bliss in my cloud machine

I like my old Trident also but my dripper are all 0.5 or below so thats why my Wattage is so much higher.

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somebody that knows the real White Rabbit needs to try this out so I can either give it a name myself or label it a clone because my wife and I have been hooked on it for the last few days.

3% Coconut
2% Cookie
1% Vienna Cream
1% Marzipan
1% Pineapple

Its a little too sweet the first day but comes together well the next. I like that I can go at lower wattage and get more coconut and maybe even pick out the pineapple a bit or I can go up to higher wattages and just get that super creamy mystery flavor.

Darn, I only have TFA Pineapple, but will mix it anyway. Thanks for posting this!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Huck! Yeah. Bull City is OOS on their Nic except for 1L sizes... I thought I remembered reading that VT sends out samples for $2... Oh well. I'll wait for BCV to restock.
nude has the $2 samples. Id wait for VT. he wont be out for long. Im sure more is on the way lol.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
sweet !!!! sounds like you have some fun ahead

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, Huck! Yeah. Bull City is OOS on their Nic except for 1L sizes... I thought I remembered reading that VT sends out samples for $2... Oh well. I'll wait for BCV to restock.
Nudenicotene sells a sample of their nic for 2 bucks and if you only order that no shipping:)
LOL that is what I get for not reading the whole thread lol wllmc beat me to it:confused::rolleyes::D Oh btw I still can not taste anything but the Cuban Supreme lol and I have been trying - even mixing at twice the recipes strength does not seem to help:confused:

Last edited:

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy Nude Nicotine, and they say you can keep it in the plastic amber bottles for up to 6 months (preferably in the fridge or freezer). Sounds like yours will be gone long before that!

Well, crap, I feel like such an idiot. I just bought some Nude Nicotine, and the storage time in plastic is 6 WEEKS, not 6 months. Apologies to everyone for the senior moment :oops:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, crap, I feel like such an idiot. I just bought some Nude Nicotine, and the storage time in plastic is 6 WEEKS, not 6 months. Apologies to everyone for the senior moment :oops:
That just doesn't sound right does it? ..........Hmmm.
You can always transfer to glass and put it in the freezer ....... Good for 5 years. They say fill it it the very top though if it's for long term storage.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
no it doesn't sound right.. i have a few nic bottles that are plastic in my freezer..
however some are industrial type..

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That just doesn't sound right does it? ..........Hmmm.
You can always transfer to glass and put it in the freezer ....... Good for 5 years. They say fill it it the very top though if it's for long term storage.

Well, they recommend transferring it to glass for long term storage. The 6 weeks is for short term storage in the plastic bottles they ship it in.

Edit: From the NN website:

A few other points to cover – if storing your nicotine solution for longer than 6 weeks, please do transfer your solution into a glass bottle for prolonged storage (Remember – amber/cobalt!). Some plastics will not provide a complete vapor barrier against outside atmosphere and thus can leak over time. In addition, some LDPE plastics are known to have such a low density as to allow for other medium-sized molecules to migrate through the plastic wall. Not such a good thing to happen when a glass bottle would have solved all problems!

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Now that temperatures are dropping, I want coffee vapes. I usually use Espresso, Tiramisu, or sometimes Irish Cream for the coffee flavor.

FA Cappuccino is one I never really liked until today. It's just so full of cream, hardly any coffee, and it's so un-sweet, it can even zap sweetness out of other flavors. At least that's been my experience. Sweeteners didn't fix it. Some other flavors washed out the coffee flavor when I added them to sweeten. But I found that acetyl pyrazine and caramel fixes it right up! I just posted a recipe that uses it that way. I think that's the first really good use I've gotten from Cappuccino. Another flavoring saved from the reject bin, always a good thing.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now that temperatures are dropping, I want coffee vapes. I usually use Espresso, Tiramisu, or sometimes Irish Cream for the coffee flavor.

FA Cappuccino is one I never really liked until today. It's just so full of cream, hardly any coffee, and it's so un-sweet, it can even zap sweetness out of other flavors. At least that's been my experience. Sweeteners didn't fix it. Some other flavors washed out the coffee flavor when I added them to sweeten. But I found that acetyl pyrazine and caramel fixes it right up! I just posted a recipe that uses it that way. I think that's the first really good use I've gotten from Cappuccino. Another flavoring saved from the reject bin, always a good thing.
I think we need a guide to acetyl pyrazine.

shawski123

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone been working the night shifts not had any time to myself, hope everyone's well
and I can join in the fun and banter of this great forum.
have been working on a custard flavour here it is best after a day or two I think its lovely and creamy smooth.

Custard Godness

Caps Vanilla Custard 12%
FA Vanilla Classic 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1.5%
FA Catalan Cream 1%
FA Fresh Cream 1%
FA Marshmellow 1%
FA Cookie 0.5%

speak to you all soon thanks and keep vaping 6 months now without a ciggy

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, after lurking here for the last couple months, I have decided to "dip" my toes in. Got my shopping cart at purevapes set up with the following flavors in the 3 ml samples:
Apple pie
Marzipan
Cookie
Banana
Vienna cream
Coconut
lemon cicily
pineapple

going to order a smallish bottle of VT nic, VG, and PG as soon as bull city comes back in stock. I have been especially interested in a few of the simple mixes that HiC posted: Sweet apple almond tart/ banana cookies, and the one from Rygon posted in this thread earlier with the cookie,coconut, marz, pineapple.
Is there anything glaringly missing?
My vape budget is on hard times atm with christmas coming up and a recent ipv buy lol, so im a bit nervous but excited to start. Plus it would be nice to have something to add here and get out of Lurkingdom

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ok, after lurking here for the last couple months, I have decided to "dip" my toes in. Got my shopping cart at purevapes set up with the following flavors in the 3 ml samples:
Apple pie
Marzipan
Cookie
Banana
Vienna cream
Coconut
lemon cicily
pineapple

going to order a smallish bottle of VT nic, VG, and PG as soon as bull city comes back in stock. I have been especially interested in a few of the simple mixes that HiC posted: Sweet apple almond tart/ banana cookies, and the one from Rygon posted in this thread earlier with the cookie,coconut, marz, pineapple.
My vape budget is on hard times atm with christmas coming up and a recent ipv buy lol, so im a bit nervous but excited to start. Plus it would be nice to have something to add here and get out of Lurkingdom

If you're going to start with just 8 flavors, that is a superb list of flavors to work with! You'll find some awesome combinations there, and not just posted recipes.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

So true! I can not taste butterscotch or caramel cream right any more. As solo especially. I can use them as a flavor in a mix with bunch of flavors. I still don't taste them tho

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True. Nic can affect it's uses, too. I have a ton of experience with chocolatey corn chips.

Huck. I tried tfa energy drink at zero nic. It is my all day vape at about 3mg nic.

Well when I tried at zero it was was harsh just not right at all. Not the flavor I usually like.

Btw I use nude nic.

But some samples I make at zero nic taste yummy and I'll drip them all day. Those are usually FA flavors

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Apple pie
Marzipan
Cookie
Banana
Vienna cream
Coconut
lemon cicily
pineapple

Those are some great flavorings but once you start, oh my, clear out some shelf space.:D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone been working the night shifts not had any time to myself, hope everyone's well
and I can join in the fun and banter of this great forum.
have been working on a custard flavour here it is best after a day or two I think its lovely and creamy smooth.

Custard Godness

Caps Vanilla Custard 12%
FA Vanilla Classic 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1.5%
FA Catalan Cream 1%
FA Fresh Cream 1%
FA Marshmellow 1%
FA Cookie 0.5%

speak to you all soon thanks and keep vaping 6 months now without a ciggy

Shawski, try adding just .25% butterscotch to that.. ;) *giggles.. :p

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok have a question for the Guru's. I am trying to get a nice Whiskey flavor for the wife. I started out with a 3 ml tester with FA Whiskey at 6% and a couple other flavors to give sweetness. Is whiskey a flavor that needs to steep? Similar to a tobacco?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok have a question for the Guru's. I am trying to get a nice Whiskey flavor for the wife. I started out with a 3 ml tester with FA Whiskey at 6% and a couple other flavors to give sweetness. Is whiskey a flavor that needs to steep? Similar to a tobacco?
whooooooo weeeeeeee thats a stiff drink lol... maybe go a lot lower. I like 1.5% whiskey.... 0.5% oak wood and 1-2% cola :)

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so over flavored that would explain the lack of flavor. Will cut it down and let set overnight. LOL I gotta give the wife props, she can match me shot for shot. Thanks @wllmc

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok so over flavored that would explain the lack of flavor. Will cut it down and let set overnight. LOL I gotta give the wife props, she can match me shot for shot. Thanks @wllmc
Sounds like it would hit the spot after this day lol

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, TFA red oak gives a great barrel aged whiskey flavor. I'd try that.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

@Jgoss linked to a great video about real Whiskey (all the kinds) over here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-black-barrel-whiskey-mac.1976/
He describes FA Whiskey as similar to Jameson Irish Whiskey.
TFA Kentucky Bourbon is totally different, a much sweeter flavor. If you're looking for American bourbon, maybe that's the one you want.
If you want sweet/wood in your FA Whiskey, I recommend some FA Oakwood. Be lighthanded with that strong flavor.

For straight Irish whiskey flavor, FA is the one to use. Here's a recipe your wife might like, if she wants Irish flavor, but a little sweet: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pot-o-gold-whiskey-caramel-pudding.17737/
FA Whiskey is strongest and most "raw" when fresh mixed. I prefer it that way. After a couple days or heat-steeping, it smooths out. Most prefer that, but sounds like your wife might prefer it fresh, too.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sometimes you just throw stuff together and its a winner . my brother came over and wanted an apple vape. so that solved my mix dilemma after a few days ill throw it in the recipes want to see if it changes. really doubt it will. made his zero nic. so tasty I had to make 30 mls for me right away. shake and vape.

Adam's apple cookies

1.5% fuji apple
1.5% cookie
.5% raspberry
.5% meringue
What a great little recipe! I received an order of FA flavors today, but had to work today so I was a bit too tired to do anything serious. Then I ran across your Adam's Apple. It looked easy so I put it together using drops for flavors and 15ml of base.

Wow! It's great from the get go. Thanks.

VU Sponsors