VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@caddisfly, my Sezam showed up.
Outstanding! I can't wait for your new recipes.
I just got home from work and unless the mail hasn't arrived yet or they bring it to my door later (that actually happened once) I will have to wait till tomorrow for my peach order. As if it matters, it was shipped priority.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Outstanding! I can't wait for your new recipes.
I just got home from work and unless the mail hasn't arrived yet or they bring it to my door later (that actually happened once) I will have to wait till tomorrow for my peach order. As if it matters, it was shipped priority.
My new recipes? Ugh. Lately I vape everyone's but mine, lol. I haven't made anything new in so long!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sick today. So, no.
7165.gif

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol, you're much nicer about that than my boss! I do promise to experiment with it, once I make a standalone.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bosses can be that way. I've only had one good boss; my current one. If he wasn't such a good one I would be fully retired instead of mostly retired. I've been with him for 20 years this coming July.

On another note: I mixed up a 3% batch when I got my sesame and It was too high for me.
A further note: The mail came. I'm gonna test that peach as soon as I press Post. :)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool smiley icon HUCKLEBERRIED! I love it!

Many have been trying to perfect the perfect vanilla vape. Um, nope, I haven't yet:mad:. However after some reading I stumbled upon a thread somewhere that gave the following suggestions...try using a small amount of coffee or cappuccino to deepen the flavor. Try a small amount of chocolate or tfa white chocolate to deepen the flavor. Mixed up my 3 FA vanillas before reading the above...2% of bourbon and Tahiti, 1% classic...dry, not vanillay enough, nor sweet enough. Added 1% Vienna cream, still no, Added .5% fresh cream, still no, added .25% Brown sugar extra, uh nope...taste the sugar, added .25% coconut, not bad, but taste the spice in coconut, added .25% Jamaican Rum, hmmmm, then added .25% FA chocolate...uh...yes it did deepen the flavor w/o tasting it. I will try adding chocolate to each fa vanilla separately as well as white chocolate. I will definitely omit Brown sugar and coconut. Wondering how oba oba would do in vanilla....anyway if you try something please let me know your results. Oh in the thread I read cotton candy was the suggested sweetner
You're awesome. I'm curious about how FA chocolate behaves with each FA vanilla as well when used as an additive like that. Godspeed.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The mystery is solved. The FA White Peach I thought I was using is actually FA Peach. Just as the label said. They shipped the wrong peach to me originally. The bad news? I have a lot of recipes to correct.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The mystery is solved. The FA White Peach I thought I was using is actually FA Peach. Just as the label said. They shipped the wrong peach to me originally. The bad news? I have a lot of recipes to correct.

Peach (white or not) is not a favorite vape for me, but the combination of the two tastes better to me than either one separately.
In other words, no problem that you've got both!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Peach (white or not) is not a favorite vape for me, but the combination of the two tastes better to me than either one separately.
In other words, no problem that you've got both!
I'm glad I have them both. I love peach. I've been working on a peach cobbler and in it I use both FA Peach and TFA Juicy Peach in it. Quite tasty together. I'll try out the peach/white peach combo. The cobbler is the hard part. I want a heavy/rich cobbler and I'm not there yet, but am getting closer.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More fun with cake.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake

4% CAP Vanilla Custard V2
1.5% FA Pineapple
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Almond
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% Inawera Sesame
0.25% FA Honey

Pineapple Upside Down Cake never made sense to me. I get it that the pineapple would probably sink to the bottom if you put it on top, and that it would be hard to turn to right side up after being removed from the pan. The problem is when I go to cut it, the pineapple rings moosh down the cake. Perhaps I shouldn't use a butter knife.

Notes:

The cake: A combination of V2 custard, Vienna cream, almond, and sesame, cooked and sweetened by the caramel and honey.

The Pineapple: It seemed necessary.

The percentages can be altered by adding a bit more base. Such as mixing for 12ml base, but adding 15ml or 18ml.

All suggestions welcome. Enjoy.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More fun with cake.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake

4% CAP Vanilla Custard V2
1.5% FA Pineapple
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Almond
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% Inawera Sesame
0.25% FA Honey

Pineapple Upside Down Cake never made sense to me. I get it that the pineapple would probably sink to the bottom if you put it on top, and that it would be hard to turn to right side up after being removed from the pan. The problem is when I go to cut it, the pineapple rings moosh down the cake. Perhaps I shouldn't use a butter knife.

Notes:

The cake: A combination of V2 custard, Vienna cream, almond, and sesame, cooked and sweetened by the caramel and honey.

The Pineapple: It seemed necessary.

The percentages can be altered by adding a bit more base. Such as mixing for 12ml base, but adding 15ml or 18ml.

All suggestions welcome. Enjoy.
If it falls on the floor out of the pan, it's right side up then!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah,ha. Pineapple Side Down Cake!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ummm, Caddisfly...I believe at the bottom of the pan you put melted butter, Brown sugar, a range pineapple rings...maraschino cherries in pineapple ring centers and then you top it with the cake batter and bake.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ummm, Caddisfly...I believe at the bottom of the pan you put melted butter, Brown sugar, a range pineapple rings...maraschino cherries in pineapple ring centers and then you top it with the cake batter and bake.
I can do that. Except for the maraschino cherries. I was going by my memories of the taste. But brown sugar and buttr is a good idea.. I'll rethink it this. Thanks Daintanee.

BTW, I got a sample sized bottle of Cap Cake Batter. with a PG order I received yesterday. I haven't tried it yet though.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Maraschino Cherry is the worst flavor I have tasted as of yet.It's the only juice I've ever dumped. Came to learn it HAS to be steeped. I ended up making a 50% mix with my nic and let it sit for two weeks and it's not bad. Don't think I will ever dump another one.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just meant in the real cake...cherries make it look pretty...we all know I'm a girl now, huh?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can do that. Except for the maraschino cherries. I was going by my memories of the taste. But brown sugar and buttr is a good idea.. I'll rethink it this. Thanks Daintanee.

BTW, I got a sample sized bottle of Cap Cake Batter. with a PG order I received yesterday. I haven't tried it yet though.
Well I tried a different flavor after cake batter. Went through 4 ml. Of other flavor and still taste cake batter...I get that with tfa Mountain Dew too!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just meant in the real cake...cherries make it look pretty...we all know I'm a girl now, huh?
Lol! I knew what you meant, still, brown sugar and butter is a good idea. I considered it and opted out for the sake of total flavor amounts; hoping that the caramel would fill in. This one is a work in progress, though I think it has hit the tasty stage.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I tried a different flavor after cake batter. Went through 4 ml. Of other flavor and still taste cake batter...I get that with tfa Mountain Dew too!
Humm.. if you mean it contaminated your tank, that could be a problem. I'll pull out an old atty and drip it to taste it first. So far, only LorAnn Watermelon has spoiled any of my equipment. Unless you love perfumy watermelon don't use it. Six months later and I can still taste it in one of my Protank 2 Minis.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No just clean my coil to get taste out. Clearomizer is fine. I don't always change coils with new flavors. But have to with cake batter, dew recipes, chocolate ones. Lots of times after chocolate I'll vape a caramel apple or a vanilla hazelnut... I'm weird and cheap!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
No just clean my coil to get taste out. Clearomizer is fine. I don't always change coils with new flavors. But have to with cake batter, dew recipes, chocolate ones. Lots of times after chocolate I'll vape a caramel apple or a vanilla hazelnut... I'm weird and cheap!

That's actually a great way to find unexpectedly-tasty flavor combos (and occasional hair-raisers). Not weird at all!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're awesome. I'm curious about how FA chocolate behaves with each FA vanilla as well when used as an additive like that. Godspeed.
So far I'm finding it helps some, but not enough. Perhaps I'll try cocoa. Vanillin doesn't seem to enhance it enough either, nor white chocolate both tfa. I don't have fa espresso or cappuccino to try....Vienna adds sweetness, but not enough vanilla. .5% marshmallow sweetness the fa vanillas nicely. Oba oba does also, but gives a malty taste. I think fa coconut helps thicken it at .25%, however I get a spice from it as I do from tfa white chocolate. I might try coconut at .15% if anyone wants to try this with espresso,coffee, cappuccino, I'd be interested in your results. I here fa espresso is strong...maybe try .15%?

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unfinished Recipe : Cookies & Cream / Oreos

Vanilla Classic: 1%
Cookie: 0.5%
Fresh Cream: 0.5%
Chocolate : 0.5%
Cocoa: .25%

Cookie is used as the base. Very neutral flavor, slightly sweet, with a fluffy/bakery note. Chocolate adds a rich, chocolate flavor and the vanilla sweetens and boosts that. The cocoa adds a deep, slightly bitter flavor, not sure if I like it with or without. Fresh cream is used as a blender and adds a hint of creaminess. Try it and tell me your thoughts!

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has any one compared TFA pear to FA pear? I have an all TFA recipe with some pear at around 13% and some cinnamon"s" mixed in at a third of total flavor percentage, and I ran out of TFA pear.
How much of the FA would be somewhat equivalent? I know most FA stuff I mix up is usually very low % . I'm thinking here at 4 or 5%, so the cinnamon doesn't kill it completely. If it does I may have to knock down the cinnamon. - meaning I have to rework a very nice mix.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Has any one compared TFA pear to FA pear? I have an all TFA recipe with some pear at around 13% and some cinnamon"s" mixed in at a third of total flavor percentage, and I ran out of TFA pear.
How much of the FA would be somewhat equivalent? I know most FA stuff I mix up is usually very low % . I'm thinking here at 4 or 5%, so the cinnamon doesn't kill it completely. If it does I may have to knock down the cinnamon. - meaning I have to rework a very nice mix.
. edit I cant read lol

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps this will help you... https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=7

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Humm.. if you mean it contaminated your tank, that could be a problem. I'll pull out an old atty and drip it to taste it first. So far, only LorAnn Watermelon has spoiled any of my equipment. Unless you love perfumy watermelon don't use it. Six months later and I can still taste it in one of my Protank 2 Minis.
CADDISFLY, did you try soaking your tank in hot soapy water...maybe add some white vinegar and or baking soda...then rinse in hot water again real good.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that HIC mentioned here somewhere that real Ice Cream had some Maple, Molasses, and/or Licorice too.

I'd bet that all the flavoring company experts have been trying to get this "Cow Flavor" for a long time:D.

Signed: Utterly Ridiculous
Very cute signature! Ok, try this one..it tastes more custardy sweet to me, and light vanilla, but so damn good! I'm thinking Irish cream definitely needs to be in the perfect vanilla vape.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-irish-lass-creamy-vanilla-irish-whiskey-coffee.1819/

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can imagine that tastes exactly as planned
CADDISFLY, did you try soaking your tank in hot soapy water...maybe add some white vinegar and or baking soda...then rinse in hot water again real good.
Yes, yes yes, and yes. I also tried soaking in printers solvent. It cleaned up nicely but the faint taste of "watermelon" (it's in quotes because it only barely represents the watermelon flavor) still remains. It's awful stuff. That's ok though, I've moved off of the protank 2 mini and have been giving them away to new vapers. Of the four I had I have two left. Maybe time will cure it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can imagine that tastes exactly as planned

Yes, yes yes, and yes. I also tried soaking in printers solvent. It cleaned up nicely but the faint taste of "watermelon" (it's in quotes because it only barely represents the watermelon flavor) still remains. It's awful stuff. That's ok though, I've moved off of the protank 2 mini and have been giving them away to new vapers. Of the four I had I have two left. Maybe time will cure it.
Oh I'm soo sorry! I can just picture you saying, "Yes, yes, yes, and yes!" Reminds me of being a teen answering my mom after she asked me something for the thousandth time!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I'm soo sorry! I can just picture you saying, "Yes, yes, yes, and yes!" Reminds me of being a teen answering my mom after she asked me something for the thousandth time!
Lol! No I wasn't be a smart... I tried all of those. I even took it to work to try a few other things. The only thing I didn't do is replace the o-rings. I suspect them. I could buy a new tank now a days for the cost of the rings, so I'll give it away and claim that is the taste of stainless steel.

Oh, and the line 'I can imagine that tastes exactly as planned' is the beginning of a post I started and got called away from and forgot about. I didn't even see it as I answered you. Sorry about that. :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! No I wasn't be a smart... I tried all of those. I even took it to work to try a few other things. The only thing I didn't do is replace the o-rings. I suspect them. I could buy a new tank now a days for the cost of the rings, so I'll give it away and claim that is the taste of stainless steel.

Oh, and the line 'I can imagine that tastes exactly as planned' is the beginning of a post I started and got called away from and forgot about. I didn't even see it as I answered you. Sorry about that. :)
Oh, I know you weren't trying to be smart with me...it just gave me some good past memories for some reason. My brain and thoughts are all over the place like that.
As for the above line about tasting as planned I don't know what we were talking about...I'll have to go back and look...I didn't even notice you answering or not answering me. I have the late stage of CRS disease! Lol

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was going to comment on luciddreamer's recipe he posted. It sounded tasty, but for the the problem I have with not being able to taste chocolate in a vape. Well I guess I just finished that post. I so wish I could taste chocolate.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

It fit the context of the posts, lol. Never woulda thought you didn't intend for that post to be there.
---- adding a note to self that stainless steel tastes like something sorta-kinda-resembling watermelon----

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Two days and no posts in this thread. I'm shocked. :eek:

I know several of you are in my neck of the woods. Are you iced in too?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I was, yes...ky & TN. ? Over 8 inches here...our road is not plowed. Had to push my husband into front yard off road when he got home.

VU Sponsors