wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
man Im trying to find a picture of one but the internet is crap tonight. they exist though lol

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey amanda we all talk about drops a lot in here on this thread so I thought Id run down what I have as far as various dropper bottles. This is what I come up with at my house at our elevation at what we consider "room temperature" on a scale
View attachment 19647

Left to right all "squishy material"

1. Nic Vape 10ml... Ive said it before and I'll say it again. These are the best bottles around as far as drops go. very very accurate.28 drops per ml every time. maybe because they are the squishiest. I dont know but what I do know is I LOVE these bottles.
2. Tasty Puffs 10ml original packaging ... 31/33 drops per ml
3. squishy ecig needle point 10ml... around 45
4. ecig 10ml squishy blunt style right around 33
5. Mama J's 10ml ... 31/33
6. ONE STOP DIY SHOP 5ml ... 31/33
7. Mama J's 5ml ... 31/33
8. Mama J's 15ml 31/33
9. Capellas original packaging "13" ml... 31/33
10. Inawera original packaing .... who knows anywhere from 45-99 lol

View attachment 19648

Left to right "hard plastic"

Bull City 5ml ... 35 ish
vaperstek 10ml... 35 ish
Bull City 30ml... 35 ish
New FA from BCV 10ml original packaging ...35- 42 ish +
Old FA BCV original packaging 10ml ... 33 ish
Germans , Vaperstek 10ml ... 35-42 ish +
Ecig 10ml ... 35-42 ish +
Ecig squishy 30ml ... 40 ?
This is awesome, Will!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Those are very cool looking

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hey amanda we all talk about drops a lot in here on this thread so I thought Id run down what I have as far as various dropper bottles. This is what I come up with at my house at our elevation at what we consider "room temperature" on a scale
View attachment 19647

Left to right all "squishy material"

1. Nic Vape 10ml... Ive said it before and I'll say it again. These are the best bottles around as far as drops go. very very accurate.28 drops per ml every time. maybe because they are the squishiest. I dont know but what I do know is I LOVE these bottles.
2. Tasty Puffs 10ml original packaging ... 31/33 drops per ml
3. squishy ecig needle point 10ml... around 45
4. ecig 10ml squishy blunt style right around 33
5. Mama J's 10ml ... 31/33
6. ONE STOP DIY SHOP 5ml ... 31/33
7. Mama J's 5ml ... 31/33
8. Mama J's 15ml 31/33
9. Capellas original packaging "13" ml... 31/33
10. Inawera original packaing .... who knows anywhere from 45-99 lol

View attachment 19648

Left to right "hard plastic"

Bull City 5ml ... 35 ish
vaperstek 10ml... 35 ish
Bull City 30ml... 35 ish
New FA from BCV 10ml original packaging ...35- 42 ish +
Old FA BCV original packaging 10ml ... 33 ish
Germans , Vaperstek 10ml ... 35-42 ish +
Ecig 10ml ... 35-42 ish +
Ecig squishy 30ml ... 40 ?
@Huckleberried , can this be stickied? Such great research, thanks @wllmc! Very useful info, we need to keep it handy.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@Huckleberried , can this be stickied? Such great research, thanks @wllmc! Very useful info, we need to keep it handy.
I wouldnt do that Just yet.maybe if more contributed and we got a better average or something. lots of things can change it, so they say lol. Thats what works for me here in my conditions. I think that should be on our list of things to test out and then maybe start a thread and sticky it :)

Last edited:

Callipleura

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for posting the pictures of the bottles and the feedback everyone has given. :)

My brother might be coming up from the states so I might just order from eliquidmart as I can get 8 bottles of 12ml FA and the nic base for a little over $50 shipped for free to him. I don't know about the quality of their stuff, but being in Canada getting a nic base and flavoring anywhere near that price is impossible and the quality is more questionable here. I see there is a couple of vendors that I could get FA alone shipped to Canada reasonably so I'll use them to stock up on other flavours in the future.

I have being reading headinclouds "my notes on FlavourArt..." series which as been helpful in deciding on which flavours I might like... so thanks for doing that m8.

There is a video I watched on mixing by weight as the topic came up in the thread. I first have to get the all the ingredients, then I can decide if I want to mix by volume or weight. In Canada I think it is easier to do volume as the price is a lot cheaper that way for mixing hardware... I still have some reading to do to decide what's the best option for me. But the video is here with the brand name of the scale he is using for anyone interested and links to where he bought it etc... if you go to the YouTube page.
Cheers

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for posting the pictures of the bottles and the feedback everyone has given. :)

My brother might be coming up from the states so I might just order from eliquidmart as I can get 8 bottles of 12ml FA and the nic base for a little over $50 shipped for free to him. I don't know about the quality of their stuff, but being in Canada getting a nic base and flavoring anywhere near that price is impossible and the quality is more questionable here. I see there is a couple of vendors that I could get FA alone shipped to Canada reasonably so I'll use them to stock up on other flavours in the future.

I have being reading headinclouds "my notes on FlavourArt..." series which as been helpful in deciding on which flavours I might like... so thanks for doing that m8.

There is a video I watched on mixing by weight as the topic came up in the thread. I first have to get the all the ingredients, then I can decide if I want to mix by volume or weight. In Canada I think it is easier to do volume as the price is a lot cheaper that way for mixing hardware... I still have some reading to do to decide what's the best option for me. But the video is here with the brand name of the scale he is using for anyone interested and links to where he bought it etc... if you go to the YouTube page.
Cheers

If he's coming from the states, checks out http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid.html. They have great prices on FA. $2.99 for 10ml and $5.99 for 30ml on just about all flavors but tobacco ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're trying to make really small batches the trick I found was to put something on the scale first, like a button. The one I have weighs about 1g. Then it will, atleast mine did, measure those small drops. So instead of starting out at 0.00 and putting in a drop and nothing happens, weigh the button or something light and start above that 0.3g just don't hit tare lol.
I have also done that by adding the least amount of flavor after adding PG or VG without hitting tare.
Its worth a shot before you buy another one I think. Your could always try it with plain water first just to see:)
@Edd !! I tried what you suggested (using my nickel) and it worked! Thank you, I'm keeping my scale! :D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a24ed76b39b31071cb057382e9972122.jpg
Ta da!

Attachments

• WP_20150429_18_25_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150429_18_25_15_Pro.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 18

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know that most people do non tobacco flavorings but I want to know how long to time steep FA tobaccos. I have Dusk at 2%,Layton at 1%,Latakia at 1%,7-Leaves at 1%,Burley at 0.5%,Royal at 1%,and Tuscan Reserve at 0.5% all time steeping since 4/25.o_O

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I know that most people do non tobacco flavorings but I want to know how long to time steep FA tobaccos. I have Dusk at 2%,Layton at 1%,Latakia at 1%,7-Leaves at 1%,Burley at 0.5%,Royal at 1%,and Tuscan Reserve at 0.5% all time steeping since 4/25.o_O
Id give that one about 2 weeks to start but test it along the way :)

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to know how long to time steep FA tobaccos
I forget about them (any tobacco's) for at least 4 weeks,
They are one of the slowest flavorings to reach their peak, and need time to mature.
You can test along the way, but make sure you have some left that are at least 4 weeks old, just to see the difference.;)

earlw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cheers
If your brother mentions the nic base at the border it will most likely be confiscated. Even though it is technically legal, customs still often won't let it through. You can buy base from hydavape in Arnprior that is reasonably good.

Callipleura

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your brother mentions the nic base at the border it will most likely be confiscated. Even though it is technically legal, customs still often won't let it through. You can buy base from hydavape in Arnprior that is reasonably good.

Hey I like your avatar... I can't tell if it's a viper or a cultivar of some non-venomous species... but it sure has a pretty yellow and black pattern.

I know it's legal and that the government is overstepping their own powers. I let him know clearly upfront whats going on with that and the risks of a nic base - we will see. I'll stop myself from talking about the government or else I'm going to start saying some nasty stuff.

It isn't as easy to DIY in Canada, the cost is much higher and it is going to take some time to gather up a stockpile of supplies to start mixing. But I want to be free of analogs and big business and the business' that will come to dominate down the road. I want to know exactly what I am using in the liquid and to me the upfront learning curve of learning to mix your own is well worth it. FlavourArt seems like a good company to support due to their business practices and disclosure policies (it would be nice to see them put up MSDSs online though to make them really shine) - I don't have a problem with anyone making a buck if they are still human and decent.

Thanks for the heads up though earlw and for a source of a nic base in Ontario.
Cheers

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

You know how I hate to wait, and will bend over backwards to avoid steeping. The absolute minimum I wait on tobaccos is 3 days, and that's if I used a little heat (150 degrees about 4 hours) at some point. I try them right away too, because I'm nuts so I'll be familiar with the flavor changes.

earlw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did the same sort of thing on 27/4 - 5ml each of 2% Cigar Passion, 2% 7 Leaves, 2% Desert Ship, 2% Tuscan reserve, 1% Latakia, 1% Dark Vapure, 1% Perique Black, 2% Cuban Supreme. It will be interesting to compare notes on some of them as they steep.

One thing I am curious about is which ones will benefit from either ACV or Vape Wizard, how much would be added and at what point they can still be added to test the difference. Do additives show results quickly or do they need to be steeped too?

earlw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey I like your avatar... I can't tell if it's a viper or a cultivar of some non-venomous species... but it sure has a pretty yellow and black pattern.

I know it's legal and that the government is overstepping their own powers. I let him know clearly upfront whats going on with that and the risks of a nic base - we will see. I'll stop myself from talking about the government or else I'm going to start saying some nasty stuff.

It isn't as easy to DIY in Canada, the cost is much higher and it is going to take some time to gather up a stockpile of supplies to start mixing. But I want to be free of analogs and big business and the business' that will come to dominate down the road. I want to know exactly what I am using in the liquid and to me the upfront learning curve of learning to mix your own is well worth it. FlavourArt seems like a good company to support due to their business practices and disclosure policies (it would be nice to see them put up MSDSs online though to make them really shine) - I don't have a problem with anyone making a buck if they are still human and decent.

Thanks for the heads up though earlw and for a source of a nic base in Ontario.
Cheers
It's an australian carpet python - a color and pattern morph called a granite jaguar.

It's not all that difficult to DIY in Canada, just less convenient. Smaller market = less variety. We don't have the same range of flavours or nic base choices available to us locally. Thanks to everyone here who has posted recipes, results and guidance it has been much easier to pick and choose what I would like to try and plan out larger orders from the US. DIY also makes the process more absorbing - I'm up to about 120 flavours and haven't touched an analog since last september.

You are doing this for all the right reasons and this is the best forum to find the info and support that will help keep you going.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone happen to know CAP Hazelnut v2? I'm trying to replace it with FA hazel in a simple mix I've been coming back to for a few months:
  • 7% CAP Hazel v2
  • 3.5% FA Cuban
  • 0.75% EM
  • (original is 8% and 4%, steep 3-7 days min)
  • (not perfect but very exciting, enough to ADV variations in pursuit of progress - I was previously not a cuban fan)
So on Sunday I mixed:
  • 3.5% FA Cuban
  • 1% FA Hazel
  • 0.75% EM
  • 0.5% FA Caramel
  • 0.5% FA Vanilla Tahiti, attempting some pervasive sweetness I taste in cap hazel
I pussy-footed the FA hazel because of the strong woody note, which I regret now that it's getting creamier after a few days. FA hazel for better or worse stays pretty defined and silky, but I'm looking for it to have a more candy cream like the CAP, and as people describe the FW hazelnut, which I also haven't tried. Thought I'd fish for some input before going for another mix. ...AP?

The original post: (link to ecf, or below)

@Laughmore
I'd certainly try FW Hazelnut as it's less woody/more creamy IMO.
Quite strong tho and may overpower everything else, but not in a bad way, (1-2%).
I'd sub the EM with .5% FA Coconut, but that's just me:D.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Laughmore
I'd certainly try FW Hazelnut as it's less woody/more creamy IMO.
Quite strong tho and may overpower everything else, but not in a bad way, (1-2%).
I'd sub the EM with .5% FA Coconut, but that's just me:D.
I think you are right but the FW hazel has almost 1% acetoin, and I suspect as much from the delicious CAP version as well. I'm not opposed to using it at the low % you mention though... would love to figure an operable mix-around, I'm thinking something like 10:10:1 FA caramel, hazelnut, and AP, since the FA dark sugars get creamy over time. Spitballs.

Keep forgetting about this TFA taro I got, recipes like taro cream cheesecake and taro coconut tapioca look fun. First time I smelled this, I made a blank recipe to hold the name for later: Furrybutt McGee. It's not supposed to make sense yet.

Last edited:

Callipleura

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@earlw... Morelia spilota... nice... I figured it had to be a morph if it wasn't venomous. And yes, thanks to everyone for sharing in this thread - it has been helpful.

Well I found it hard to even pick my first eight flavours with all the choices, I wanted to fit so many other flavours in. (it is all I can afford for now with other start-up costs though and a limit is good when starting out).

Anise
Coffee Espresso
Fresh Cream
Kiwi
Lemon Sicily
Pomegranate
Irish Cream
White Peach

I am wondering if I should switch out the Fresh Cream for a Torrone as the Irish Cream might cover for it in the above limited list. I like anise and I could see liking anise/pomegranate or kiwi. I see liking each one on its own (except for the Fresh Cream) while learning about each flavour. It seems like it will be fun... and could get expensive.
Cheers

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@earlw... Morelia spilota... nice... I figured it had to be a morph if it wasn't venomous. And yes, thanks to everyone for sharing in this thread - it has been helpful.

Well I found it hard to even pick my first eight flavours with all the choices, I wanted to fit so many other flavours in. (it is all I can afford for now with other start-up costs though and a limit is good when starting out).

Anise
Coffee Espresso
Fresh Cream
Kiwi
Lemon Sicily
Pomegranate
Irish Cream
White Peach

I am wondering if I should switch out the Fresh Cream for a Torrone as the Irish Cream might cover for it in the above limited list. I like anise and I could see liking anise/pomegranate or kiwi. I see liking each one on its own (except for the Fresh Cream) while learning about each flavour. It seems like it will be fun... and could get expensive.
Cheers
If you're only buying 8 flavors to start, your best bet is to pick a recipe you want to make and buy the flavors for that!

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got my order in!!! I placed an order thru vaperstek for my nic and pg/vg, enough to make 750ml of 16mg base, and these flavors from eliquidmart:

Anise
Billberry
Bitter wizard
Cam blend
Dark Vapure
Desert ship
Forest fruit mix
Fuji
Licorice
Maxx blend
Peppermint
Shade
Strawberry
Vienna cream, all 5ml for the flavors.

All together it cost me less than $90, and that's with ups/fedex ground! I have plenty of bottles, I just can't seem to find any syringes in stock atm.

-Kingboomer

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my order in!!! I placed an order thru vaperstek for my nic and pg/vg, enough to make 750ml of 16mg base, and these flavors from eliquidmart:

Anise
Billberry
Bitter wizard
Cam blend
Dark Vapure
Desert ship
Forest fruit mix
Fuji
Licorice
Maxx blend
Peppermint
Shade
Strawberry
Vienna cream, all 5ml for the flavors.

All together it cost me less than $90, and that's with ups/fedex ground! I have plenty of bottles, I just can't seem to find any syringes in stock atm.

-Kingboomer
Ebay!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have a local Tractor Supply or vet supply, you can get all the syringes you want. The needles are bought separately and are very sharp. You can nip off the tip and run over sandpaper to make them safer.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, really hard to buy them locally because of all the laws and all. They won't sell them without a prescription. Then if you're in a city like me, Tractor Supply or any kind of store like that is really far away - like 90 miles. :eek: Even WalMart is crazy far - like 30 miles. Plus more choices from eBay, like those crazy long needles that go all the way down to the bottom.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The last order I got from eBay was 100 1ml syringes for around $11. I've shared with a couple of folks and still have a ton left....good deals! I get my bottles from them too, last batch was 72 15ml for $24. Sweet....:D

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I made HIC's version of Andes - made with Cocoa added and can not find the recipe so I can tell him how good it is - I LOVE IT!!! It is the one where he advises to use VT nic. I use non nic base for anything other than a Tobacco mix so this is AWESOME:p

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made HIC's version of Andes - made with Cocoa added and can not find the recipe so I can tell him how good it is - I LOVE IT!!! It is the one where he advises to use VT nic. I use non nic base for anything other than a Tobacco mix so this is AWESOME:p
:) This one? http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-heart-of-andes-silky-vanilla-mint.1866/ (though I didn't mention VT in that one, I do in a lot of recipes with Cocoa and Chocolate). Whatever one it is, I'm glad you like it!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've recently started diy again. When I first started I only use tfa and could never get the hang of them. Most of the flavors either needed too much or they were very perfumey. Not I've switched to FA and I'm in love. Question is, where is the best place to find FA exclusive recipes? Most ejuice books and forums use many different flavor companies

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've recently started diy again. When I first started I only use tfa and could never get the hang of them. Most of the flavors either needed too much or they were very perfumey. Not I've switched to FA and I'm in love. Question is, where is the best place to find FA exclusive recipes? Most ejuice books and forums use many different flavor companies

Check out HIC's recipes on this forum in the DIY recipe section. Also at https://gumroad.com/hic

These are the recipes that got me hooked on DIY. HIC is a master mixer!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The recipes section here at VU is full of amazing recipes! I completely agree with Amanda. And HIC's recipes at gumroad are the best you'll ever find. If you like the pictures of those, you'll fall in love with the vape. Yummy stuff.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, has anybody have any information about the new base that 5 pawns is introducing ...Propanediol....they are using it in place of PG...I was wondering iff anybody has used it what it's like and where to get it..supposedly it is also doesn't cause the dreaded PG allergy.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm so annoyed with myself. I saw a DIY shop selling it, and for the life of me, I can't remember which one it was.
It's not a new product, but it is just catching on for this industry.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I remember one place referring to it vegetol or something like that.

Callipleura

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just pulled some stuff off the internet on it - so who knows how good the sources are (just a disclaimer):
It says the flash point is higher for propanediol then PG... wonder if it matters and how?
Density is different for weight mixers as well.
Source: http://www.herbancowboy.com/docs/herban_cowboy_poly.pdf
Here is 5 Pawns own "press".
Own hype: https://fivepawns.com/five-pawns-to-introduce-a-new-line-of-pg-alternative-vapor-liquids/

It would be interesting to know if they are any actual studies related to vaping and what the pro and cons are. How long those studies had been conducted for the purpose of vaping. Could you walk into any pharmacy and ask for USP grade Propanediol in a 1000ml, please.

Anyways, probably not the thread for those discussions... lol.

EDIT: "vegetol" reference for RocketPuppy I just found here:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/pg-less-and-vg-less-juice.34044/

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The recipes section here at VU is full of amazing recipes! I completely agree with Amanda. And HIC's recipes at gumroad are the best you'll ever find. If you like the pictures of those, you'll fall in love with the vape. Yummy stuff.
Great, just found a bunch of recipes and it result in me ordering $50 in flavored from ecig express and $30 from eliquid mart.

Maybe I shouldn't have looked

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great, just found a bunch of recipes and it result in me ordering $50 in flavored from ecig express and $30 from eliquid mart.

Maybe I shouldn't have looked

Isn't it funny how that works. Seems like EVERY TIME someone posts a recipe that I want to try I have to make an order for flavors.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just pulled some stuff off the internet on it - so who knows how good the sources are (just a disclaimer):
It says the flash point is higher for propanediol then PG... wonder if it matters and how?
Density is different for weight mixers as well.
Source: http://www.herbancowboy.com/docs/herban_cowboy_poly.pdf
Here is 5 Pawns own "press".
Own hype: https://fivepawns.com/five-pawns-to-introduce-a-new-line-of-pg-alternative-vapor-liquids/

It would be interesting to know if they are any actual studies related to vaping and what the pro and cons are. How long those studies had been conducted for the purpose of vaping. Could you walk into any pharmacy and ask for USP grade Propanediol in a 1000ml, please.

Anyways, probably not the thread for those discussions... lol.

EDIT: "vegetol" reference for RocketPuppy I just found here:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/pg-less-and-vg-less-juice.34044/

I can't find the original thread, but it was in this forum.

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-interesting-New-product-an-e-juice-with-NO-pg-NO-vg-NO-concentrate

VU Sponsors