0.50% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.50% FA Vanilla Classic
0.50% FA Citrus Mix
0.25% FA Maple Syrup
0.25% FA Clove

Notes:
Pear: It's her party.
Cookie is invited everywhere.
Vienna Cream called Vanilla Classic and they decided to add some upscale taste to the party.
Mango figured Pear might need a bit of help.
Marshmallow came just to ogle Pear's bottom.
Cinnamon Ceylon snatched her husband Clove out of a poker game."You always come home smelling of cigars" she exclaimed as she dragged him to Pears bottle..
Citrus Mix and Maple Syrup hit it off surprisingly well, possibly setting off a new civil war with the birth of their son Bergamot.

Shake and vape.

This recipe is best vaped warm. How you make it so is your choice.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pear Affair

2.75% FA Pear
1.00% FA Cookie
1.00% FA Vienna Cream
1.00% FA Mango
0.50% FA Marshmallow
0.50% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.50% FA Vanilla Classic
0.50% FA Citrus Mix
0.25% FA Maple Syrup
0.25% FA Clove

Notes:
Vienna Cream called Vanilla Classic and they decided to add some upscale taste to the party.
Cinnamon Ceylon snatched her husband Clove out of a poker game."You always come home smelling of cigars" she exclaimed as she dragged him to Pears bottle..
Citrus Mix and Maple Syrup hit it off surprisingly well, possibly setting off a new civil war with the birth of their son Bergamot.

Shake and vape.

I am so mixing this up when I find out about bergamot, the forgotten son. He could be the middle child. Mine is like a ghost.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am betting .25% bergamot.
In making this I tried a version with Lemon Sicily, and a version with Bergamot. Citrus mix worked best.
At first I tried .25% Blackberry as a second flavor note. Wow, was that a mistake! I got out my test bottles and decided on Mango. A huge improvement.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've added white vinegar to the soapy water before and let soak. If that didn't work, I tossed them.

The bottle brush wouldn't go through the top hole. So, I poured a big bottle about 2/3 full of vinegar and shook like hell. Then poured into the next bottle and so on, and tightened the cap on the first one to "let it steep" before rinsing later today. If this doesn't work, to the trash they go.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottle brush wouldn't go through the top hole. So, I poured a big bottle about 2/3 full of vinegar and shook like hell. Then poured into the next bottle and so on, and tightened the cap on the first one to "let it steep" before rinsing later today. If this doesn't work, to the trash they go.
I never clean any plastic bottle with any type of brush, no matter how soft. If you scratch the surface of plastics even slightly you're leaving the bottle open to bacteria growth. Sorry, I've been in restaurant management for many years and health inspectors have always preached this here. I've run across the problem of leeching aromas many times when trying to recycle bottles from vendor juices and it just isn't worth it to try and save them if they get like that. The vinegar usually does the trick, but some things just can't be saved.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pear Affair

2.75% FA Pear
1.00% FA Cookie
1.00% FA Vienna Cream
1.00% FA Mango
0.50% FA Marshmallow
0.50% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.50% FA Vanilla Classic
0.50% FA Citrus Mix
0.25% FA Maple Syrup
0.25% FA Clove

Notes:

Shake and vape.

I would have to try this just because of the fun, even if it didn't sound so good! Thanks, @caddisfly, for the morning wake up laughs!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would have to try this just because of the fun, even if it didn't sound so good! Thanks, @caddisfly, for the morning wake up laughs!
You're welcome @misswish. It is not an overwhelmingly flavorful recipe, but rather something you can savor and not tire of. I hope you like it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In making this I tried a version with Lemon Sicily, and a version with Bergamot. Citrus mix worked best.
At first I tried .25% Blackberry as a second flavor note. Wow, was that a mistake! I got out my test bottles and decided on Mango. A huge improvement.
So, no bergamot? Oh well, mine has .25% of it with everything else. Let us know in a bit:confused:

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, no bergamot? Oh well, mine has .25% of it with everything else. Let us know in a bit:confused:
I didn't know you had a pear recipe. Oops I hope I didn't unconsciously copy it. If so I apoligize

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't know you had a pear recipe. Oops I hope I didn't unconsciously copy it. If so I apoligize
No Caddy, I was making yours you silly boy! But I didn't know you left bergamot out, and guestimated you put .25% in.

So can I play too? I love stories! My husband, our kids, and I will go in turns telling parts of a story. We make up a lot of silliness .... like 2 big fat kids in search of a candy cottage.

Since I hate leaving people feel left out.....

Citrus mix and Maple syrup were distraught at their son bergamot leaving due to the war that began due to the monster of a mother in law named mango. Thy went in search of bergamot and found him with a honey and a white peach and returned home. Mango fell so in love with the sweet little honey and the bright white peach that the war ended and they all lived happily ever after.
Added .25% bergamot
.5% white peach
.5% honey

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No Caddy, I was making yours you silly boy! But I didn't know you left bergamot out, and guestimated you put .25% in.

So can I play too? I love stories! My husband, our kids, and I will go in turns telling parts of a story. We make up a lot of silliness .... like 2 big fat kids in search of a candy cottage.

Since I hate leaving people feel left out.....

Citrus mix and Maple syrup were distraught at their son bergamot leaving due to the war that began due to the monster of a mother in law named mango. Thy went in search of bergamot and found him with a honey and a white peach and returned home. Mango fell so in love with the sweet little honey and the bright white peach that the war ended and they all lived happily ever after.
Added .25% bergamot
.5% white peach
.5% honey
Lol! I'm always afraid I'll think something up and it will mimic something I read months ago.
Good idea on bringing everyone in. I mean, look at Mangosteen named for her Grandmother Mango, but always left out. I bet there is a story there. Anjyone? It could be fun and yet get the point across. We tend to take ourselves entirely too seriously.

@Daintanee, careful of the child Honey, she'll walk all over that demure White Peach.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@caddisfly I added the peach & honey & bergamot to your Pear Affair. The bergamot was my wrong guess/assumption. I dunno, but the mango seemed a bit to strong/bitter, & the .25% bergamot probably made it more bitter. So I thought, what now? How do I sweeten this? HIC warned of honey's potency so I only added 1 drop=.25% to my bottle.. stop not sweet enough. Wow, I thought. So I added 1 more drop. . Much better. ..but wanted it a bit brighter (I think due to mango, but not real sure) I though of Fuji. Then I thought what goes with honey p ear? White peach. I found amazing that honey was good at this % in this recipe. However it caused pear to loose its stardom spot at the head of the table. The white peach seemed to cover poo r pear'

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Daintanee Interesting. I found the bergamot bitter also, but couldn't explain the taste until you mentioned bitter. To sweeten it, I would add another 0.5% marshmallow and up to 1.0% meringue. Any egg flavor should be hidden by the vienna cream and the cookie.
I never considered the white peach, but can see where that would sweeten it. It could possibly change the flavor though, Thinking here...You know, peach might pull off the same trick as the mango does if the mango was dropped. I think you hit on something here.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@caddisfly I am not sure as even at .5% white peach seemed to hide that pear...it did really brighten it up as would Fuji....Maybe drop mango & try .5% Fuji.? Idk. We need to . Find the secret pear booster/enhancer.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! I'm always afraid I'll think something up and it will mimic something I read months ago.
Good idea on bringing everyone in. I mean, look at Mangosteen named for her Grandmother Mango, but always left out. I bet there is a story there. Anjyone? It could be fun and yet get the point across. We tend to take ourselves entirely too seriously.

@Daintanee, careful of the child Honey, she'll walk all over that demure White Peach.
Sheez, no mangosteen yet.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@caddisfly I am not sure as even at .5% white peach seemed to hide that pear...it did really brighten it up as would Fuji....Maybe drop mango & try .5% Fuji.? Idk. We need to . Find the secret pear booster/enhancer.
I just mixed up a new batch. I dropped the Mango, Added White Peach at 1%, added .25 to the marshmallow, and added Meringue at .25. Vaping it now.

You're right, the white peach blanded the pear out. I'm going back to the mango for now. The extra marshmallow and the meringue helped in the sweetness department. Not enough though. I am going to up the marshmallow to 1.00% and the meringue to .5%. I'm still leaving out the honey. It's not my favorite flavor for white fruits. Just me though.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just mixed up a new batch. I dropped the Mango, Added White Peach at 1%, added .25 to the marshmallow, and added Meringue at .25. Vaping it now.

You're right, the white peach blanded the pear out. I'm going back to the mango for now. The extra marshmallow and the meringue helped in the sweetness department. Not enough though. I am going to up the marshmallow to 1.00% and the meringue to .5%. I'm still leaving out the honey. It's not my favorite flavor for white fruits. Just me though.
I honestly do not care for honey, but it's good here...not to honeyish...the vanilla is now shinning through with the cookie and its kinda gooey. But it's at 7..5 watts on a 2 ohm coil. I tried turning it up to 17 watts, got a big blister on me lip and it tasted like burnt. Tm. I'll build a .5 ohm coil and try this in subtank...I know I k ow, but it's all I have. Honestly, how do you drippers not have fat swollen blistered lips? I must b blonde...I just don't get it.
2.75-3% pear
1% Vienna
1% cookie
1% mango
.5% vanilla classic
.5% marshmallow
.5% cinnamon ceylon
.5% citrus mix
.25% clove
.25% maple syrup
.5% white peach
.5% honey
& .25% bergamot

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK so I'm kicking around the idea of a fruit wine flavor. Anyone ever attempted this?

-Kingboomer

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I honestly do not care for honey, but it's good here...not to honeyish...the vanilla is now shinning through with the cookie and its kinda gooey. But it's at 7..5 watts on a 2 ohm coil. I tried turning it up to 17 watts, got a big blister on me lip and it tasted like burnt. Tm. I'll build a .5 ohm coil and try this in subtank...I know I k ow, but it's all I have. Honestly, how do you drippers not have fat swollen blistered lips? I must b blonde...I just don't get it.
2.75-3% pear
1% Vienna
1% cookie
1% mango
.5% vanilla classic
.5% marshmallow
.5% cinnamon ceylon
.5% citrus mix
.25% clove
.25% maple syrup
.5% white peach
.5% honey
& .25% bergamot
Lol! You can't blame clumsiness on being blond. I'm blond and have yet to burn myself. Blame it on the kids. Isn't that what they are there for?

I think I'll stick with the original recipe with this addition - Marshmallow upped to 0.75 and the addition of 0.25% meringue - I'm happy there. I tried it in a Herakles in which it tastes like it is in a dripper. I'll be trying it in the Subtank tomorrow. I have to empty it first.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe some of you expert mixers would be so kind as to give me some ideas for a recipe I've been playing with. I like this combo but it needs a little more complexity and a little more punch IMO. Not trying to make it a creamy or bakery flavor really. Just trying to have the bright and sweet White Peach up front with something dark, spicy and savory(?) right behind it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

3.5% FA White Peach
1.5% FA Peach (just to boost the White Peach really)
0.6% FA Oakwood
0.5% FA Cardamom

Once I finish this sampler I'm going to up the Oak and cardamom 0.1% to 0.7% and 0.6%, respectively. I've been vaping it while grabbing bottles and smelling them. Some ideas I've came up with that way are Fig, Caramel or Blackcurrant...? Any of those would be in the 0.25% range for starters. I've tried Catalan Cream, Coconut and Brandy and they don't really help. Added 0.2% Cinnamon Ceylon one time but wasn't sure that was the right direction either. Sigh.

Just starting to draw a blank on this one and figured the FA Gods and Goddesses here might have some pointers. Thanks again!

I've attempted to attach a .pdf of my inventory if you feel like reading, it's not super long.

ETA - I'm a high wattage vaper if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• Flavor Inventory - Sheet1.pdf
    36.5 KB · Views: 14

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe some of you expert mixers would be so kind as to give me some ideas for a recipe I've been playing with. I like this combo but it needs a little more complexity and a little more punch IMO. Not trying to make it a creamy or bakery flavor really. Just trying to have the bright and sweet White Peach up front with something dark, spicy and savory(?) right behind it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

3.5% FA White Peach
0.6% FA Oakwood
0.5% FA Cardamom

Currently nibbling on Haribo Peach gummies, which remind me some of FA White Peach, and I notice bright/wild/red cherry flavor in these.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

3.5% FA White Peach
0.6% FA Oakwood
0.5% FA Cardamom

Once I finish this sampler I'm going to up the Oak and cardamom 0.1% to 0.7% and 0.6%, respectively. I've been vaping it while grabbing bottles and smelling them. Some ideas I've came up with that way are Fig, Caramel or Blackcurrant...? Any of those would be in the 0.25% range for starters. I've tried Catalan Cream, Coconut and Brandy and they don't really help. Added 0.2% Cinnamon Ceylon one time but wasn't sure that was the right direction either. Sigh.

Just starting to draw a blank on this one and figured the FA Gods and Goddesses here might have some pointers. Thanks again!

I've attempted to attach a .pdf of my inventory if you feel like reading, it's not super long.

ETA - I'm a high wattage vaper if that makes a difference.
From what you describe it seems you are looking for a bright peach and with a complex back notes.

With your flavor spreadsheet I choose.
2% FA White Peach
1% FA Peach
2.0% TFA Juicy Peach
1% FA Jamaican Rum
0.5% Citrus Mix

That should give you a popping peach with some back notes for interest.

I find Oakwood and Cardamom to be sort of muddiers. Fine and wanted for some recipes, but not if you want Bright fruit. My opinion only, others will dispute it.

Good luck.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, us learn something new everyday! Thanks! Trying it now. But damage already done. I should post a pic. For everyone's...how not to sub ohm.
OOOO...you really did burn yourself. I shouldn't have been so callous back there. I'll take your word for it, so no pictures are necessary.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Currently nibbling on Haribo Peach gummies, which remind me some of FA White Peach, and I notice bright/wild/red cherry flavor in these.
Hmm, Cherry might help. I have both FA cherries but I've not had too much luck with either of them yet. Maybe 0.25% of each? Thanks as always HIC.

I may have said this before, but if I ran into HIC on the street, this is how it would go. "Hello, I'm HeadinclUGH" <chopped off by a bearhug!

From what you describe it seems you are looking for a bright peach and with a complex back notes.

With your flavor spreadsheet I choose.
2% FA White Peach
1% FA Peach
2.0% TFA Juicy Peach
1% FA Jamaican Rum
0.5% Citrus Mix

That should give you a popping peach with some back notes for interest.

I find Oakwood and Cardamom to be sort of muddiers. Fine and wanted for some recipes, but not if you want Bright fruit. My opinion only, others will dispute it.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for looking through the list and weighing in caddisfly! :highfive:

My notes on your notes... I have added TFA JP to an older version of this mix and went way too strong on it @4% IIRC. It's a little canned peach tasting to me but 1% might complexify this mix a little. 4% just took over and buried everything else. As I was reading old pages in this thread a minute ago Rum came up. Might just have to give that a whirl as well. Gotta resist my normal urge to change too many things at once though. Citrus mix and I haven't made friends yet. It's harsh to me. I like Orange and Lime Distilled together a little better but it's still not a combo I'm crazy about yet.

I think I'll try bumping the FA peaches back a touch (I have a flavor crush on White Peach though, I'd bathe in that stuff if I could afford it) and add 1% TFA JP. If that Peach balance works out I'll add 0.5-1% Rum and see where that takes me.

I really like the Oak and Cardamom with the Peach though. I have a pretty popping peach at the moment and there's definitely some background complexity that I love but I was starting to think it might be a dead end road (where I wish this could go anyway)... I already fought hard trying to add coconut to this and it did nothing but kill the peach.

Maybe the next batch will be something like
2.5% White Peach (having a hard time going any lower yet, but I'm trying)
1% FA Peach
1% TFA Juicy Peach
1% FA Jamaica Rum
0.5% Oakwood
0.5% Cardamom

Depending on how that goes the Cherry might be inbound.

Thanks again for the input you two!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, Cherry might help. I have both FA cherries but I've not had too much luck with either of them yet. Maybe 0.25% of each? Thanks as always HIC.

I may have said this before, but if I ran into HIC on the street, this is how it would go. "Hello, I'm HeadinclUGH" <chopped off by a bearhug!

Thank you so much for looking through the list and weighing in caddisfly! :highfive:

My notes on your notes... I have added TFA JP to an older version of this mix and went way too strong on it @4% IIRC. It's a little canned peach tasting to me but 1% might complexify this mix a little. 4% just took over and buried everything else. As I was reading old pages in this thread a minute ago Rum came up. Might just have to give that a whirl as well. Gotta resist my normal urge to change too many things at once though. Citrus mix and I haven't made friends yet. It's harsh to me. I like Orange and Lime Distilled together a little better but it's still not a combo I'm crazy about yet.

I think I'll try bumping the FA peaches back a touch (I have a flavor crush on White Peach though, I'd bathe in that stuff if I could afford it) and add 1% TFA JP. If that Peach balance works out I'll add 0.5-1% Rum and see where that takes me.

I really like the Oak and Cardamom with the Peach though. I have a pretty popping peach at the moment and there's definitely some background complexity that I love but I was starting to think it might be a dead end road (where I wish this could go anyway)... I already fought hard trying to add coconut to this and it did nothing but kill the peach.

Maybe the next batch will be something like
2.5% White Peach (having a hard time going any lower yet, but I'm trying)
1% FA Peach
1% TFA Juicy Peach
1% FA Jamaica Rum
0.5% Oakwood
0.5% Cardamom

Depending on how that goes the Cherry might be inbound.

Thanks again for the input you two!
I'm vaping what I suggested at 50 watts and on a 0.3 ohm coil. You are wise to back off a bit on the two "canned" peaches. Also I would cut the Jamaica rum to 0.5%.
My previous recipe I developed for a tank not a dripper. Big difference.

For what it is worth. I use 3 parts FA Black Cherry to 1 part FA Cherry to get my cherry flavor for pie and colas.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I go

I got wine champagne...good with berries, good with mandarin too. A ways back Caddisfly did a sangria...check through the last 30 pages here.

I'm actually thinking of taking the fruit flavor itself and adding a small bit to bitter wizard to it, to get the sweet down, then maybe adding some spice/oak/vanilla to the mix to see what I get, kind of like a country wine.

-Kingboomer

-P.S. great now I need to order more flavors...

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm vaping what I suggested at 50 watts and on a 0.3 ohm coil. You are wise to back off a bit on the two "canned" peaches. Also I would cut the Jamaica rum to 0.5%.
My previous recipe I developed for a tank not a dripper. Big difference.

For what it is worth. I use 3 parts FA Black Cherry to 1 part FA Cherry to get my cherry flavor for pie and colas.
The cherry advice is worth a lot to me. Thank you. I've messed with them enough to know that a mix of the two would be good but haven't progressed any further. Cherry Cola is on the list and it just bumped up a few spots!

I mostly drip and have a couple of sub ohm tanks. That definitely affects my mixes.

Thanks for taking the time to mix it up and try it out! I'll definitely go with 0.5 on the Rum and no more than 1 on the canned Peaches. Hoping to mix up some this evening.

My goodness, you are my new bestest friend! I'm currently vaping without burning my lips! Much better. Thank you.

I made a friend! Woo-hoo! I'm glad I could help. I didn't learn that trick after burning my lips like a billion times. I'm a faster learner than that. :oops:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

HIC, first of all want to say I just found all your recipes and am thoroughly enjoying all of them. Bought about 35 flavors of FA to make a bunch of them. They've renewed my interest in DIY after I was discouraged when using TFA years ago.

Second, When you make recipes, what pg/vg ratio are you using? I like to vape 50/50 or 60vg/40pg at most, so what, if any changes should I make to your recipes to get lots of flavor?

Third, made a batch of Lemon Meringue pie but didn't have lime and I really enjoyed it. I just got some lime and am amazed at what just one drop in a 15ml batch makes.

Thank you so much for all your contributions. You saved me, and Im sure others, hundreds on ejuice. Of course, I have spent lots more on flavors now.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, first of all want to say I just found all your recipes and am thoroughly enjoying all of them. Bought about 35 flavors of FA to make a bunch of them. They've renewed my interest in DIY after I was discouraged when using TFA years ago.

Second, When you make recipes, what pg/vg ratio are you using? I like to vape 50/50 or 60vg/40pg at most, so what, if any changes should I make to your recipes to get lots of flavor?

Third, made a batch of Lemon Meringue pie but didn't have lime and I really enjoyed it. I just got some lime and am amazed at what just one drop in a 15ml batch makes.

Thank you so much for all your contributions. You saved me, and Im sure others, hundreds on ejuice. Of course, I have spent lots more on flavors now.

You're very welcome @Mroutlaw !

I started with 70% PG, but I've been using max VG for quite a while now. The extra sweetness suits me, and PG doesn't agree with me anyway.

Some people like more or less flavoring - don't blame your PG or VG for that. You can always just add more flavoring - maybe increase all the percentages by 50%, or double them. Here's an easy way to vary the strength without calculating and mixing flavors over and over: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/

The best single change I made to get the best flavor from my flavorings is to use really clean nicotine. I get clearer, bolder flavor from *almost* all flavorings using VapersTek nic. (tea, coffee, and some tobaccos are the exceptions) I also had petroleum-smelling PG for a while, and that sure messed up everything.

I'm glad you're back DIYing and enjoying it!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape a max of 50/50 also, and the only change I make with HIC's recipes is that I sometimes increase the total concentration of flavoring - but not always. That, however, has nothing to do with the ratio imo but more with my own tastebuds!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For somethings my taste buds just seem dead, but I normally try a recipe as stated then try at 50% then double flavor if I have issue tasting it.

I made some of HIC's white tic-tac for a friend at double flavor as requested. I tasted it in my STM and it almost blew my head off LOL But it was certainly 'in your face' flavor for those that like that!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You're very welcome @Mroutlaw !

I started with 70% PG, but I've been using max VG for quite a while now. The extra sweetness suits me, and PG doesn't agree with me anyway.

Some people like more or less flavoring - don't blame your PG or VG for that. You can always just add more flavoring - maybe increase all the percentages by 50%, or double them. Here's an easy way to vary the strength without calculating and mixing flavors over and over: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/

The best single change I made to get the best flavor from my flavorings is to use really clean nicotine. I get clearer, bolder flavor from *almost* all flavorings using VapersTek nic. (tea, coffee, and some tobaccos are the exceptions) I also had petroleum-smelling PG for a while, and that sure messed up everything.

I'm glad you're back DIYing and enjoying it!
Thank you. I also forgot to mention that I am not a high wattage, sub ohm vaper. I usually use a Kayfun V4 with a chimney build for a tank at about 15 watts and drippers at up to 20-25 watts. I figure that I need to increase the percentages to get better flavor. I was just never a fan of High wattage vaping.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I also forgot to mention that I am not a high wattage, sub ohm vaper. I usually use a Kayfun V4 with a chimney build for a tank at about 15 watts and drippers at up to 20-25 watts. I figure that I need to increase the percentages to get better flavor. I was just never a fan of High wattage vaping.

Not necessarily - always try them first as written (make small samples) and increase if you need to. I made one of HICs yesterday and accidentally increased the flavor from 9-11%, and it was unvapeable until I diluted it (using a KFL V4) LOL

Not necessarily - always try them first as written (make small samples) and increase if you need to. I made one of HICs yesterday and accidentally increased the flavor from 9-11%, and it was unvapeable until I diluted it (using a KFL V4) LOL

Hah, I just did the same thing! Tried making purple cow and must have messed up somewhere. Holy grape perfume! I'll have to dilute it a bit and try again. Thankfully it was only a 10ml batch.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Got my orders finally! Now I just gotta wait till tomorrow when I'm off of work to get to mixing!!!

-Kingboomer

P.S. ok, so is it a good idea to start at 1% then work my way up? I've got some pretty potent flavors...

For tiramisu, coffee espresso, raspberry, pineapple, grape concord, limes, and tobaccos - yes, 1% is a reasonable place to start.
Most other stuff, I'd start about 2%.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unless I've heard otherwise about a flavor, I generally start at 2%. Check out HIC's flavor reviews in the DIY reviews section. Great info there.
Thanks! I'm looking now, 2% sounds like a good starting point tho.

-Kingboomer

VU Sponsors