wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so here is my idea for the night. not really sure where exactly this is headed but what do you guys think ? seen a recipe for brandied apricot and blueberry cheesecake. dont really want it to cheese cakey so here is what I am going to try. any input ? I might end up doubleing the flavors later but going to try it all real low first.

all fa of coarse

.5% apple pie
.5% apricot
.25% bilberry
.25% cookie
.25% custard
.25% vienna cream

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, those are low! I like the flavor combo a lot. You know me, though. Cookie! Oh wait, you're using new nic, new equipment and lower nic mg. Forgot.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, those are low! I like the flavor combo a lot. You know me, though. Cookie! Oh wait, you're using new nic, new equipment and lower nic mg. Forgot.
lol yup , I am tying to work out new recipes for sub ohms. some things taste great sub ohm and some are so strong while others are lighter and some taste totally off. ha . its like learning all over again almost especially with the different nic . we talked about dropping the nic and how it taste before and there is a difference for sure between high nic recipes and low nic recipes. its fun tho

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
seen a recipe for brandied apricot and blueberry cheesecake.

.5% apple pie
.5% apricot
.25% bilberry
.25% cookie
.25% custard
.25% vienna cream

Brandied apricots cry out for Brandy... .25 or even less. apricot brandy, blueberry brandy, creamy fruity boozy... I'd vape that!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
apricot brandy, blueberry brandy, creamy fruity boozy... I'd vape that!
lol I thought of you right away. Its hard to be original when you have so many great recipes already. but the picture of the cake looked so good

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
lol I thought of you right away. Its hard to be original when you have so many great recipes already. but the picture of the cake looked so good

Yah, it sounds good - both the real thing and the vape.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Those of you who don't get strong flavor and sweetness from FA Butterscotch...

I make a buttershots flavor (for mixing with other stuff) using 2% Butterscotch 1% Brandy. It's strong for 3% flavoring, but I know some people don't taste much of the butterscotch.

I just tried it with AP added. Holy cow, butterscotch is throwing me around the room now. This is stronger flavor than I expected, sweeter of course, and that dark-cooked-sugar effect is added. My notes say this is only 4% total flavoring now, but I would have guessed 8%+. With some vanilla or Vienna in here (and LOTS more VG and nic base), this would be butterscotch pudding with a hint of brandy. Man...this is strong. Will continue when I'm in the mood to smacked around with butterscotch, lol.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
AP is giving me fits. I'm gonna have to play around with it more. It's either the nic I'm using, which won't run out for a while, or it just won't work out for my taste buds. I'm really sad about this, cuz I wanna vape what y'all are vapin'. I want my chocolate and peanut butter.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
YAY! I have the weekend off! I will be mixing this weekend. :D

Peanut butter will be first (can't wait for this!) and then on to a few other recipes. I am one of those that don't get much of anything from FA butterscotch. I'd love to find anything that would increase that flavor. It always amazes me what can be added to some things to bring out the flavor. I'll give it a try.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so here is my idea for the night. not really sure where exactly this is headed but what do you guys think ? seen a recipe for brandied apricot and blueberry cheesecake. dont really want it to cheese cakey so here is what I am going to try. any input ? I might end up doubleing the flavors later but going to try it all real low first.

all fa of coarse

.5% apple pie
.5% apricot
.25% bilberry
.25% cookie
.25% custard
.25% vienna cream
What about a touch of nut? Maybe almond? Walnut? Hazel? I'm not a fan of the custard, but beyond that, it sounds freaken great.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh! The kitchen sink! Don't forget that flavor. Even though it's in their Kitchen Line, it doesn't contain any of the baddies.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Actual delivery of course dependant on method of shipping and location. But glad to hear they go out quickly. Speaking of FA bottles, are they original or rebottled?

From EcigExpress? Rebottled. And, yes, they still leak even under the wrap. But like HIC I order from them sometimes too. For instance, today, they were the only people I could find who had cucumber and black pepper:p

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From EcigExpress? Rebottled. And, yes, they still leak even under the wrap. But like HIC I order from them sometimes too. For instance, today, they were the only people I could find who had cucumber and black pepper:p
Ugh hoping I don't get leaky bottles...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
They'll replace 'em. After you create a ticket, then post a photo.... can be a tiny hassle, but hey. You end up with 1.5 bottles, lol.

Oh - I've never had so much leak that I asked for a replacement. A dripped ml or two is no big deal to me, but it's enough to make the mail carrier gag at the unopened package. lol!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
AP is giving me fits. I'm gonna have to play around with it more. It's either the nic I'm using, which won't run out for a while, or it just won't work out for my taste buds. I'm really sad about this, cuz I wanna vape what y'all are vapin'. I want my chocolate and peanut butter.

You have WL nic, right? I was thinking acetyl pyrazine might help counter some of the effects of it. Let's see how we can get this to work for you...hm.

I still have some WL nic in the freezer, just took it out to thaw. This weekend I'll use it to make a little Homevape Peanut Butter and Swiss Bliss, so I can taste what you're tasting. What nic strength do you vape? - I'll use the same.

I hope it isn't a fail with WL nic; hopefully I can adjust the percents to get the same effect. If all else fails Huck, I can send you a little VT nic so you can taste it like this.

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have WL nic, right? I was thinking acetyl pyrazine might help counter some of the effects of it. Let's see how we can get this to work for you...hm.

I still have some WL nic in the freezer, just took it out to thaw. This weekend I'll use it to make a little Homevape Peanut Butter and Swiss Bliss, so I can taste what you're tasting. What nic strength do you vape? - I'll use the same.

I hope it isn't a fail with WL nic; hopefully I can adjust the percents to get the same effect. If all else fails Huck, I can send you a little VT nic so you can taste it like this.
I made your peanut butter with WL nic and it tasted like a really sweet peanut butter. The first day it was a little rough and had to vape at a little less power to avoid a burnt taste but after sitting overnight it smoothed out and is creamy. I am also able to bump up the power with no burn. I added chocolate and cocoa the second day to the remaining pb. ....pretty good!

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those of you who don't get strong flavor and sweetness from FA Butterscotch.

I make a buttershots flavor (for mixing with other stuff) using 2% Butterscotch 1% Brandy. It's strong for 3% flavoring, but I know some people don't taste much of the butterscotch.

I just tried it with AP added. Holy cow, butterscotch is throwing me around the room now. This is stronger flavor than I expected, sweeter of course, and that dark-cooked-sugar effect is added. My notes say this is only 4% total flavoring now, but I would have guessed 8%+. With some vanilla or Vienna in here (and LOTS more VG and nic base), this would be butterscotch pudding with a hint of brandy. Man...this is strong. Will continue when I'm in the mood to smacked around with butterscotch, lol.
I noticed this with the cookie, butterscotch, coconut mix....I could finally taste the butterscotch....at the time I thought it was the coconut.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@Huckleberried , my acetyl pyrazine with Wizard Labs nic, observations so far. I mixed 24mg/ml nic 40/60 VG/PG to emphasize the differences. I first made Swiss Bliss, the light version. No - it's just not enough flavoring to equal the flavor intensity I get with VT nic. So I added flavoring to make the regular version of Swiss Bliss. Better, still not strong enough overall. But I notice right away I don't get that sweet taste on the inhale like with VT nic and this identical flavoring. I still get a good bit of 'powdery cocoa' flavor. Dumped that tank... Next was 12mg/ml nic, 50/50 VG/PG, 3% Cocoa, 3% Chocolate, 2% AP. Now the Cocoa and Chocolate are strong enough to match my perception of 2% Cocoa, 2% Choc in VT nic. Having the AP in there is a definitely smoother effect than without it, and a bit sweeter - but not as pronounced a difference as with VT nic. So - 3% of each ingredient. It's reminding me of Halo's Belgian Cocoa, by the way. I'm not used to this (harshness? throat hit?) any more. Anyway, the flavorings are strong enough. I still don't get ANY sweetness on the roof of my mouth. It's not near as smooth as with VT nic. I tried with 4% AP, uh, nope. Don't do that.

I can't match the flavor/effect of this recipe made with VT nic by 'doctoring' WL nic. Equal quantities of cocoa+choc is smoother than having 3:2 Cocoa:Chocolate, but nothing I tried could overcome the sweetness-zapping effect of WL. Regarding the ap, I do still taste an improvement over no ap in the WL nic, but the really great flavor just doesn't come through.

When I first got VT nic and retried most of my flavorings standalone, I made these notes:
* with Wizard Labs nic, I needed 25% or so additional flavoring overall to match the flavor intensity
* no single flavor tastes more different or more improved with VT nic than FA Cocoa

Dang Huck - you deserve to taste the good stuff. I can spare a little VT nic - you want 100mg/ml nic to mix yourself, or you want some mixed to your preferred nic strength? I'm sorry, but...this WL nic just wrecks things!

Last edited:

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
totally worth it, then make freebie juice for your friends out of all the other stuff you have. I have so much WL and ejuice4u nic but it all just sits now
I will probably order some tonight. The good thing is that I never really got into the nic hoarding so I only have about 100ml 60mg WL left. I also think the pg and vg I got from essential depot is a little off.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@HeadInClouds OK, so I'm not totally crazy. You've gone above and beyond to do all that testing and sampling for me, THANK YOU. You ROCK. Hard!

Well... this was my thought. I could drop the AP a tad, add a bit of vienna or classic or......hmm. Something. See if that makes a difference? IIRC, you had added one of those to improve chocolate flavor, prior to using VT. I'm definitely getting the "chippy" taste, like DownInTN mentioned before his mellowed out. I still have both flavors sitting in a dark place.

How in the hell are you getting the taste I'm not getting, @kabalm18 ? Gah!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will probably order some tonight. The good thing is that I never really got into the nic hoarding so I only have about 100ml 60mg WL left. I also think the pg and vg I got from essential depot is a little off.
I've been seeing a LOT of people saying that recently.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh - I've never had so much leak that I asked for a replacement. A dripped ml or two is no big deal to me, but it's enough to make the mail carrier gag at the unopened package. lol!
Lol, no, thankfully it wasn't the bread crust. I lost half a bottle of Caramel, Fresh Cream and Coconut on different occasions. He might have been craving candy by the time he dropped off. Wouldn't be a bad mix... add a little nuttiness to it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well... this was my thought. I could drop the AP a tad, add a bit of vienna or classic or......hmm. Something. See if that makes a difference? IIRC, you had added one of those to improve chocolate flavor, prior to using VT. @kabalm18 ? Gah!

Huck, the best chocolate flavor I've gotten with WL nic was http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-cocoa-cookies-best-chocolate-ive-ever-vaped.1871/ I was using WL at the time, and that recipe tastes great with it. To get Cocoa tasting great as a major ingredient with WL nic, I either made it a bakery flavor (Cookie, Brown Sugar, and Caramel in that recipe) or added sweeter flavors, or both.

OH, Hey! - Brown Sugar and Caramel...that might be trick with WL. Try adding a little of each to Swiss Bliss, just .25 or .5% each. Basic Cocoa Cookies and Girl Scout Thin Mints both used 0.5% of each, designed to get the best results from FA Cocoa with WL nic.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That did it. I'm convinced. Need to place a VT order.
@Huckleberried , my acetyl pyrazine with Wizard Labs nic, observations so far. I mixed 24mg/ml nic 40/60 VG/PG to emphasize the differences. I first made Swiss Bliss, the light version. No - it's just not enough flavoring to equal the flavor intensity I get with VT nic. So I added flavoring to make the regular version of Swiss Bliss. Better, still not strong enough overall. But I notice right away I don't get that sweet taste on the inhale like with VT nic and this identical flavoring. I still get a good bit of 'powdery cocoa' flavor. Dumped that tank... Next was 12mg/ml nic, 50/50 VG/PG, 3% Cocoa, 3% Chocolate, 2% AP. Now the Cocoa and Chocolate are strong enough to match my perception of 2% Cocoa, 2% Choc in VT nic. Having the AP in there is a definitely smoother effect than without it, and a bit sweeter - but not as pronounced a difference as with VT nic. So - 3% of each ingredient. It's reminding me of Halo's Belgian Cocoa, by the way. I'm not used to this (harshness? throat hit?) any more. Anyway, the flavorings are strong enough. I still don't get ANY sweetness on the roof of my mouth. It's not near as smooth as with VT nic. I tried with 4% AP, uh, nope. Don't do that.

I can't match the flavor/effect of this recipe made with VT nic by 'doctoring' WL nic. Equal quantities of cocoa+choc is smoother than having 3:2 Cocoa:Chocolate, but nothing I tried could overcome the sweetness-zapping effect of WL. Regarding the ap, I do still taste an improvement over no ap in the WL nic, but the really great flavor just doesn't come through.

When I first got VT nic and retried most of my flavorings standalone, I made these notes:
* with Wizard Labs nic, I needed 25% or so additional flavoring overall to match the flavor intensity
* no single flavor tastes more different or more improved with VT nic than FA Cocoa

Dang Huck - you deserve to taste the good stuff. I can spare a little VT nic - you want 100mg/ml nic to mix yourself, or you want some mixed to your preferred nic strength? I'm sorry, but...this WL nic just wrecks things!

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, everyone! Been out of the loop for awhile and trying to catch up on this thread. Just got 20 more FA flavors and a few TFA (but no AP, darn it!). Now I can finally try some new recipes (if I can get my lazy butt off the couch :D). First up I'm thinking some FA chocolate/cocoa with a touch of hot chile concentrate . . . .

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey, everyone! Been out of the loop for awhile and trying to catch up on this thread. Just got 20 more FA flavors and a few TFA (but no AP, darn it!). Now I can finally try some new recipes (if I can get my lazy butt off the couch :D). First up I'm thinking some FA chocolate/cocoa with a touch of hot chile concentrate . . . .
If he weren't asleep in the next room, I'd swear my boyfriend made that post.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
"How Do They Do It?" is on the Science Channel right now... HIC and Amanda, they're making Nougat.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We're night owls... work 2nd shift. I just decide to get up earlier to see the day. He's still out cold.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Butterscotch...continuing adventures. (long story short, if you can't taste butterscotch, try 2:1 or 3:1 butterscotch:acetyl pyrazine in your recipe)

Last night I started with a buttershots recipe (2% FA B'scotch, 1% FA Brandy). That one has always tasted danged strong to me, just right for mixing into cocktails though. I added 1% acetyl pyrazine and could barely vape it - butterscotch go so strong. So that's what I started with this morning, with visions of butterscotch pudding.

I'm here now: 1% Bscotch, 1% Vienna Cream, 0.5% acetyl pyrazine, 0.5% Jamaican Rum. I was reaching for Brandy when a vision of wllmc appeared and made me use Rum instead. LOL! So this is just 3% total flavoring and the b'scotch is STILL too strong for me. AP is definitely making it reverberate.

Now I added extra nic base to dilute to about 3/4 strength. It's about 2.25% total flavoring, surprisingly flavorful for such a small amount. Finally I can taste some Vienna behind the b'scotch. That vision of wllmc is appearing again; he says 'moooore ruuuum, hic'. I'll take that advice and turn this into something rum-yummy... from b'scotch-vanilla-rummy-puddingish to rummy-vanilla-b'scotch-puddingish. :)

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Butterscotch...continuing adventures. (long story short, if you can't taste butterscotch, try 2:1 or 3:1 butterscotch:acetyl pyrazine in your recipe)

Last night I started with a buttershots recipe (2% FA B'scotch, 1% FA Brandy). That one has always tasted danged strong to me, just right for mixing into cocktails though. I added 1% acetyl pyrazine and could barely vape it - butterscotch go so strong. So that's what I started with this morning, with visions of butterscotch pudding.

I'm here now: 1% Bscotch, 1% Vienna Cream, 0.5% acetyl pyrazine, 0.5% Jamaican Rum. I was reaching for Brandy when a vision of wllmc appeared and made me use Rum instead. LOL! So this is just 3% total flavoring and the b'scotch is STILL too strong for me. AP is definitely making it reverberate.

Now I added extra nic base to dilute to about 3/4 strength. It's about 2.25% total flavoring, surprisingly flavorful for such a small amount. Finally I can taste some Vienna behind the b'scotch. That vision of wllmc is appearing again; he says 'moooore ruuuum, hic'. I'll take that advice and turn this into something rum-yummy... from b'scotch-vanilla-rummy-puddingish to rummy-vanilla-b'scotch-puddingish. :)

I'm one of the butterscotch challenged, so thanks for all your work on this, HIC! Like a dummy, I didn't order any AP, but I'm tempted to try the TFA Kettle Corn with the butterscotch. I wonder if it has AP in it? I'm hoping it will add to the sweet-salty effect that I love. Could be interesting!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm one of the butterscotch challenged, so thanks for all your work on this, HIC! Like a dummy, I didn't order any AP, but I'm tempted to try the TFA Kettle Corn with the butterscotch. I wonder if it has AP in it? I'm hoping it will add to the sweet-salty effect that I love. Could be interesting!

Yes - TFA info used to show that Kettle Corn has >10% acetyl pyrazine. They took the details off recently. It also listed >10% of some malo-something-or-other, not EM, but maybe related. Doesn't taste salty to me, though. Yeah, you should try a teeny batch of butterscotch-kettle-corn.

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds OK, so I'm not totally crazy. You've gone above and beyond to do all that testing and sampling for me, THANK YOU. You ROCK. Hard!

Well... this was my thought. I could drop the AP a tad, add a bit of vienna or classic or......hmm. Something. See if that makes a difference? IIRC, you had added one of those to improve chocolate flavor, prior to using VT. I'm definitely getting the "chippy" taste, like DownInTN mentioned before his mellowed out. I still have both flavors sitting in a dark place.
How in the hell are you getting the taste I'm not getting, @kabalm18 ? Gah!

Lol! To answer your question:

1. I'm cool like that.
2. I made the PB at 8 mg so that should cut down the nic taste a little.
3. I probably dont know what I am missing and once I try with VT nic...yeah.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been banned from making butterscotch. My wife a girl can't stand the smell of it lol.

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes - TFA info used to show that Kettle Corn has >10% acetyl pyrazine. They took the details off recently. It also listed >10% of some malo-something-or-other, not EM, but maybe related. Doesn't taste salty to me, though. Yeah, you should try a teeny batch of butterscotch-kettle-corn.

Thanks for the info, HIC! I will definitely try this and report back . . . **crossing fingers**.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
here is what I am messing around with tonight. I tried a pina colada slurpee today. oh man it was so good but didn't last long enough lol. you could easily add rum but my slurpee didn't have it darn it. still in the experiment stages but here it is

virgin pina colada

1% FA pineapple
1% FA coconut
1% FA fresh cream
.5% FA vienna cream
.5% FA peppermint

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
more Butterscotch with acetyl pyrazine - I'll shut up about this combination soon, probably :D

I saw a recipe online for butter-rum pudding made with butter and coconut milk - had to vape that! So this is what I've been enjoying all day:

Butter-Rum Pudding (for now)
0.75% FA Butterscotch
0.75% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Jamaican Rum
0.25% acetyl pyrazine (0.5% made it too sweet for me)
0.25% FA Coconut
(with Vapers Tek nic)

That's only 2.5% flavoring, and it's fairly powerful. And Yum! (with 0.5% ap it's 2.75% flavoring and suddenly way too sweet/strong for me)
Those of you who can't taste butterscotch, I'll bet you'd taste it here. If FA Butterscotch isn't very sweet to you, I think this will be. At least with VT nic.

I have a confession. Standalone FA Butterscotch makes me nauseous; it's just too butterscotch to me, even at 2%. I love bscotch sauce on ice cream, but I can't stomach vaping (or smelling!) Butterscotch plain any more than I'd like eating a bowl of b'scotch sauce. It's a great ingredient to me, though.

This recipe is the kind of butterscotch I've been wanting to vape. It's rich and creamy, dessert-sweet, butterscotch-vanilla pudding with coconut-rum in the background. I think the vanilla and cream from Vienna makes Butterscotch delicious. Coconut adds to the richness, that 'fatty' effect again, and makes the Rum taste like coconut rum (great combo). The darker flavor of Rum complements Butterscotch just as much as the sharp flavor of Brandy, so the willmc-ghost was right, lol. AP is sweetening and smoothing, like in Homevape Peanut Butter - but look how little it takes here! Just 0.5% and it suddenly becomes too intensely sweet for me. And you know I have a sweet tooth.

I'll add .5% Fresh Cream to further tame it, and next time I may skip acetyl pyrazine. But I wanted to post these notes for those of you who can't taste Butterscotch.

Next ap experiments will be with FA Caramel. Maybe I'll make caramel apples using Fuji. I know caramel apple has been done a million times, but so what.

VU Sponsors