FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So when are you all gonna quit changing pics huh lmao just when I think I can just read a certain persons part - they change the pic LOL:D
I know, right? As my wife is painfully aware I'm highly resistant to change, especially when there's no good reason for it.

I'm having a time keeping up with everyone's avatar too. I thought wllmc morphed into Mitt Romney, with my bad eyes and most always using Tapatalk on a small phone screen.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guys. Was just browsing around and noticed, this thread has over 72,000 views. 72 THOUSAND.
za2.gif

Oh, and I got
Laie_13.gif
That's really cool! No big surprise to all us since some of the best flavor wizards around post here regularly. It's proof you guys are the absolute best!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think im going to change mine again. lol.
Sorry man! LOL, I seriously had to login through a PC the other day just to see if that was a Romney pic. Just ignore me and my old eyesight!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't mix anything. I'm out of empty bottles. Trying to decide if/what to sacrifice.
I can't mix anything. I'm out of empty bottles. Trying to decide if/what to sacrifice.

Check the fridge for outdated stuff in glass bottles:D I think I mentioned once before that my daughter uses TJ's Liquid Stevia like it was her shampoo (a lot of it LOL), so I always have a gazillion 30ml brown glass bottles lying around!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ut oh now there is recipieitis???? I have already had coloritis (buying 6 colors of evod ego batts) and now have flavoritis 70+ flavorings and a new DIYer and now there is a new 1??!!?? :eek::confused:
I thought my last order of 16 15ml bottles would tide me over for a while. Nope. I have several new 30 & 50ml bottles, but nothing I want to commit to that size yet. I still have a mess of flavors I haven't even tried yet.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a whole bunch of these, which I love because they have measurements up to 5ml, with another line for 6ml - perfect for testing 6ml recipes in:

(The link won't post for some reason - do an Ebay search for these: 20 NEW - 2 ml Hard Plastic Storage & Sample Vials w/ Blue Screw on Caps)

They can even go in the crockpot if necessary.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha !!' You and me both. Don't want to waste my 30 ml bottles on test juices ..... I'm waiting on my 50 piece 10 ml order from china.

I do the same order every once and a while. eBay for about 7.50

Yeah.... What are you gonna dump to
Make room ..... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I thought my last order of 16 15ml bottles would tide me over for a while. Nope. I have several new 30 & 50ml bottles, but nothing I want to commit to that size yet. I still have a mess of flavors I haven't even tried yet.

I use tiny 3ml bottles for test batches, and sometimes I make only half of that. If I run out of testers, it's no big deal to sacrifice 1.5ml to try something new. But I have a LOT of bottles, so I don't often need to dump anything.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ha ha !!' You and me both. Don't want to waste my 30 ml bottles on test juices ..... I'm waiting on my 50 piece 10 ml order from china.

I do the same order every once and a while. eBay for about 7.50

Yeah.... What are you gonna dump to
Make room ..... Lol

I should put in one of those orders. I love the 10ml clear glass dropper bottles from my old commercial juices like Space Jam for testers. Considering dumping a few I have laying around.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a whole bunch of these, which I love because they have measurements up to 5ml, with another line for 6ml - perfect for testing 6ml recipes in:

(The link won't post for some reason - do an Ebay search for these: 20 NEW - 2 ml Hard Plastic Storage & Sample Vials w/ Blue Screw on Caps)

They can even go in the crockpot if necessary.
Amanda - you told me about these quite a while ago. They are great for testing, I love them. And I need to get more of them again - all these new recipes that I have to try! Thanks again.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Been there done that SO many times. Tough call.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do pretty much as Smoky does. The brown glass ones from the sweetener go in the dishwasher, but the others I wash by hand. If soap and water doesn't get them clean, then I use the other stuff that Smoky uses!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you by chance have a link to these? I looked at all the bottles, couldn't find these. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181199353019?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Ive ordered from here several times

About when you forgot you ordered tham, they will be in the mailbox :D

I do 3, 5 , and 8 ml tests in theses bottles cause they shake up well withy the spare room inside and you can just throw them in the crock pot. I also put them in the microwave at 5 seconds with 8 ml in them for a quick heat before I shake. I like 8 ml tests because the percentages come out well when using 1.0 ml syringe.

I use drops too, but have just gotten so quick with syringes as well that its no bother.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tball, the vape doesn't fade even if you leave it on your bedpost overnight.

OMG !!!! How did you know I did that !!! Lol

Actually I will chew 5 to 6 double bubble gums in about 20 minutes while in bed and stick them on top of my lamp base, then throw them in the trash every morning.

I buy them by the big tubs at SAMs

Why did I tell y'all that ? Lol. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Gum and hard candies are another addiction of mine.
Longest lasting newer gum flavors are Ice Cubes by Ice Breakers. Cool Lemon is fan-freaking-tastic! I chew 'em about 4 at a time. hahahaha!
Trident Perfect Peppermint is well-named.
Trident Layers mostly suck. The Pumpkin Spice is just not right, and all of them have a disagreeable texture to me.
Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights - star of the show is Mint Chocolate Chip. That flavor lasts well, and it's good! Peach Cobbler is gross.

Sugar-free hard candies, avoid Jolly Ranchers. You can't even tell the flavors apart. The only one any good is green apple, and it really suffers as a sugar-free version. Werther's sugar-free caramels are all perfect. Buy some. W almart (it made an auto-link when I typed w a lmart...I don't want to link there) has all of 'em. Sugar-free Brach's for hot cinnamon. Sugarfree Star Brites for peppermint.

Okay, I'm done (for) now.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
INW Cactus, NF Ginger and Wintergreen, Vanillin, TFA Toasted Almond and FA Pistachio. Now I gotta find @Hermit's finished recipe that he used Pistachio for.

Finished, lol! Not yet! I gave up on the FA Pistachio for that recipe, and started using the Atmos Lab's Pistachio instead. The FA is woody - it does mellow with a good steep, but even then I had to use only a very small amount. I like it, just not in that recipe! The AL one is more nutty, less woody, broader, less defined, and perhaps not as accurate... most importantly, it plays nicely in mixes as a background note.

Something like this at the moment...
2% FA Mandarin
1.5% INW Mango
1% to 1.5% FA Meringue
1% AL Pistachio
0.5% FA Cream Fresh
[0.5% FA Brandy - I've been leaving this out while I try and get the rest right]

To make that with all FA, I'd say just 0.5% FA Mango and 0.25% FA Pistachio... and a long steep :)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finished, lol! Not yet! I gave up on the FA Pistachio for that recipe, and started using the Atmos Lab's Pistachio instead. The FA is woody - it does mellow with a good steep, but even then I had to use only a very small amount. I like it, just not in that recipe! The AL one is more nutty, less woody, broader, less defined, and perhaps not as accurate... most importantly, it plays nicely in mixes as a background note.

Something like this at the moment...
2% FA Mandarin
1.5% INW Mango
1% to 1.5% FA Meringue
1% AL Pistachio
0.5% FA Cream Fresh
[0.5% FA Brandy - I've been leaving this out while I try and get the rest right]

To make that with all FA, I'd say just 0.5% FA Mango and 0.25% FA Pistachio... and a long steep :)
That sounds like a great flavor combination!

Curious, in case I do a run on AL flavors, what's your impression with the ones you've tried so far as compared to FA? More/less concentrated, more/less authentic?

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You guys are SO bad for me... wait, that's not it.
You are just bad for the wallet, good for me. Yea, that's it.

When I saw @Hermit 's post my first thought was "OH... pistachio? I NEED that!
Yes, do tell... how are these flavors? Nobody orders just one flavor so we need to know if these are worth the order.
Who am I kidding... how many have already ordered? :oops:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gum and hard candies are another addiction of mine.
Longest lasting newer gum flavors are Ice Cubes by Ice Breakers. Cool Lemon is fan-freaking-tastic! I chew 'em about 4 at a time. hahahaha!
Trident Perfect Peppermint is well-named.
Trident Layers mostly suck. The Pumpkin Spice is just not right, and all of them have a disagreeable texture to me.
Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights - star of the show is Mint Chocolate Chip. That flavor lasts well, and it's good! Peach Cobbler is gross.

Sugar-free hard candies, avoid Jolly Ranchers. You can't even tell the flavors apart. The only one any good is green apple, and it really suffers as a sugar-free version. Werther's sugar-free caramels are all perfect. Buy some. W almart (it made an auto-link when I typed w a lmart...I don't want to link there) has all of 'em. Sugar-free Brach's for hot cinnamon. Sugarfree Star Brites for peppermint.

Okay, I'm done (for) now.
LOL! I agree with so much of this. Those Sugar Free Werther's are damn hard to beat. Another trident I like is Mint Bliss. Soft flavor, and I betcha vanillin is perfect for this one, based on how you used it for gum. +1 for Ice Cubes gum. Yum stuff.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You guys are SO bad for me... wait, that's not it.
You are just bad for the wallet, good for me. Yea, that's it.

When I saw @Hermit 's post my first thought was "OH... pistachio? I NEED that!
Yes, do tell... how are these flavors? Nobody orders just one flavor so we need to know if these are worth the order.
Who am I kidding... how many have already ordered? :oops:
Oh bummer, Ld. If we'd been in the same PIF box, I could've sent you a sample. Still could, actually.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Also, it used to be in the Kitchen line and they moved it. I think Hermit informed us of that info. Or it was HIC.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh bummer, Ld. If we'd been in the same PIF box, I could've sent you a sample. Still could, actually.

It's not that I really need the pistachio.... that is just always my first reaction when I see things that look good. I am weak what can I say? LOL

I have just sorta organized my flavors. I have 6 bins and no more room.
Actually some are not in the bins cause I was out of room a few orders ago. :oops:

I gotta find someone to make me those cool flavor storage units that @Sonar505 made. Or something along those lines.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
LOL! I agree with so much of this. Those Sugar Free Werther's are damn hard to beat. Another trident I like is Mint Bliss. Soft flavor, and I betcha vanillin is perfect for this one, based on how you used it for gum. +1 for Ice Cubes gum. Yum stuff.

I have a mouthful of Trident Watermelon Twist right now that's pretty tasty....but fading fast. It makes a distracting squeaking sound, though - like chewing on rubber bands...not that I ever did that. The cantaloupe and honeydew are light enough that I can tolerate them in gum. Maybe there's hope for me eventually vaping cantaloupe flavor.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a mouthful of Trident Watermelon Twist right now that's pretty tasty....but fading fast. It makes a distracting squeaking sound, though - like chewing on rubber bands...not that I ever did that. The cantaloupe and honeydew are light enough that I can tolerate them in gum. Maybe there's hope for me eventually vaping cantaloupe flavor.
FA Melon Cantaloupe + FA Watermelon make a good team imo. Better than either of the two standalone.

2% FA Watermelon
2% FA Melon Cantaloupe
2% FA Kiwi

Mixed 15ml of this last night and it's half gone. Overnight the Watermelon is starting to come through a bit more that when mixed fresh last night, and it's for the better. Sully made suggestion to try a bit of coconut which ima bout to do.

*edit*
If you try adding FA Coconut, go very low on percentage or it overwhelms the kiwi. I went 0.3% and that was too much IMO. 0.15 - 0.20 should add just a nuance. Never would have thought the FA Coconut to be that strong with these fruits.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really? That's kind of surprising to me, but I also think it's somewhat light, especially after a few days. Maybe it'll mellow out more to your liking.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

VU Sponsors