Become a Patron!

For Purer Taste, Six Coils You Must Master When Vaping.

vapeccino

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
VU Vendor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As we know, the material of coil plays an important role to guarantee taste and longer vaping lifespan. So it is important to master the coil’s species for vaping enjoyment. And recently, a report from PRNEWSWIRE represent one new kind of coil for purer taste.

As reported, GCT is new coil invented by VAPECCINO, it presents strong antioxidation and keeps high cleanness by preventing ejuice's carbides from gluing to the coil, so that it prolongs the vaporizer's lifespan and keeps the taste pure. Straight wattage mode is available in vaping, and it is easy to hold its shapes, which is suitable to rebuilding, dripping and others. Now, the GCT is owned by VAPECCINO.

Apart from GCT, there are another five coils as follows.

Kanthal is ferritic iron-chromium-aluminium alloy with good resistance to oxidation, and commonly used for vaping in straight wattage mode. Kanthal is a great place to start if you are just getting into rebuilding, dripping, etc. It is easy to work with yet stiff enough to hold it’s shape when formed into coils, which comes into play when you wick your coils. Kanthal is extremely popular, and I still use Kanthal wire as my primary wire when building single wire coils.

Another type of wire well suited for wattage vaping is Nichrome. Nichrome wire is an alloy composed of nickel and chromium, and may also contain other metals such as iron. Fun fact (maybe – Wikipedia): nichrome has been used in dental work, such as fillings.

Nichrome behaves very much like Kanthal, but has a lower resistance and heats faster that the same gauge in Kanthal (faster ramp time). Like Kanthal, it is easy to coil and holds its shape well when wicking. Nichrome has a lower melting temperature than Kanthal, so you need to be careful when dry burning your coils — they will burn open if you aren’t careful, and I’ve done it. Start low and pulse the coils. Don’t rush into it and hit them with max wattage while dry.

One other possible downside of nichrome wire is the nickel content. I have used it, but folks with nickel allergies may want to avoid using nichrome for obvious reasons.

Stainless steel is the most unique of the wires: it can pull double duty and be used for straight wattage vaping or temp control vaping (if your mod supports it — older mods do not).

Stainless steel wire is an alloy composed primarily of chromium, nickel, and carbon. There are many variations (grades) of stainless steel, expressed numerically. Again, in the name of simplicity we won’t get into the differences between grades. The intent is to compare and contrast with other types of vaping wire.

Nickel wire, also referred to as Ni200, is generally pure nickel. Nickel wire was the first wire used in temperature control. Nickel wire is soft and can be difficult to work into uniform coils. Once mounted, the coils can easily deform when wicking. moreover, it’s pure nickel. Nickel wire may still be very popular with TC enthusiasts and is easy to find locally but for me, nickel wire is just not worth the hassle. As with anything, it’s a personal choice.

The last wire we will look at is titanium, which is another TC wire, composed of purer titanium.

There is some controversy surrounding the safety of titanium wire when used for vaping. One understanding is that it can release a toxic component (titanium dioxide) above 1200℉ (648℃). Also, like magnesium, if titanium ignites it is extremely difficult to extinguish. Note that folks still commonly use it, and theoretically if your TC mod is doing it’s job you should never have to worry about combustion or titanium dioxide poisoning.

As above, do you get the clear recognition of these six coils ?

VU Sponsors