Become a Patron!

Closed

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Halo G6 with Halo juice 12mg. I think my coughing comes from try to smoke it like a cigarette and inhale
OK depending on the gear you have to do it like a cig draw.
I can see high PG might be causing you an issue.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK depending on the gear you have to do it like a cig draw.
I can see high PG might be causing you an issue.
This

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Religion Vs Faith!
To me.....this conflict is like a cup of coffee. When you go to a coffee shop, you are not going there because of the amazing cup, but for the amazing coffee!! Faith is coffee, religion is the cup. Ideally the two are united...but this is not necessarily rote. If I pour my amazing coffee upon the floor, I can still lap it up like a cat, and enjoy it. The cup however....quantifies and allows us to describe just how MUCH amazing coffee we have. I have heard a great deal of testimonies from people that in the midst of despair...have surrendered to God or whichever name their higher authority goes by. In each of these situations...the divine was called upon to rescue a person in distress, and subsequently a life changed for the better. This almost always happens outside of the context of religion.
Despite being a devout Roman Catholic Franciscan and street evangelist....I for the most part detest religion! I embrace the Gospel and make it my Rule of Life....and I rely completely on the Sacraments as defined by the Catechism of the Catholic Church.......however my closest and most intimate communions with God, Jesus, Mary take place on mine and their terms. I will spend hours preaching to a tree....a car....passing cat....and sometimes to the sky. I find God in the happy laughter of a wee baby...in the stark nothingness of the desert....in the looks of adoration in an old lady's eyes when she gazes upon her husband of 50+ years. God for me is in every thing that exists by His will, or made through the gifts given to a craftsman or engineer.
People ask me where my Church is......and if I'm honest....there is NO PLACE in the universe that you can find yourself, where you are NOT in my Church.
I honestly think that Buddhists and Taoists get this more than most Abrahamic religions in that they have successfully separated the world from Faith. I am frankly disgusted at what I see when I look at "modern religion" in that what I am seeing is not true Faith and Reliance upon God....but a machine designed to either control the hearts of man....or a projection of a tortured soul demanding others to "come suffer with me, or go to hell". It nauseates me and even though I am forbidden to ever be angry.....it brings me pretty fucking close.

In summation.....we are born to only desire love and to be loved....hate is taught, as is greed and the false desire for validation without rather than within. I make a practice of "Mortification of the Senses"....it helps me die to the world daily...so that with the heart and searching eyes of an infant...I can only desire to give, and receive love. That is faith.

Pax Et Bonum

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Prayers for Sidney and Arthur. May God bless them both in a special way.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Friar....There is a "Sally" that "walks" the road by my house on a daily bases, she is hurting pretty bad today. She appears to be going through some major withdraws....Major withdraws. My family has been praying for her to find her way, she is to young for that kind of life and she seams to have fallen deep and fallen fast. She can use all the prayers possible right now, especially on a day like today, that life is hard enough, but holidays alone with no love can put people over the edge....If you would not mind, throw a little nod in her way please. Thanks Friar. Merry Christmas to you all, much love and respect-Celtic.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Friar....There is a "Sally" that "walks" the road by my house on a daily bases, she is hurting pretty bad today. She appears to be going through some major withdraws....Major withdraws. My family has been praying for her to find her way, she is to young for that kind of life and she seams to have fallen deep and fallen fast. She can use all the prayers possible right now, especially on a day like today, that life is hard enough, but holidays alone with no love can put people over the edge....If you would not mind, throw a little nod in her way please. Thanks Friar. Merry Christmas to you all, much love and respect-Celtic.
Praying for her for strength and trust.....to her love ones for patience and steadfastness of spirit. Like...RIGHT NOW.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The tiniest of miracles......that one wee, almost imperceptable event that stops us dead in our tracks.....that one unexpected touch...change in SOMETHING, that makes us go WHOA!!!. It freaks us out....sometimes it even frightens us beyond words...but strangely we want more and we simply do NOT KNOW WHY!!!! The tiniest of miracles....that makes us brave when we want to be weak. That microscopic miracle...that turns our life around to such a degree that it just does not make one fucking bit of sense. The tiniest of miracles....that made a 14 year old humble Jewish girl say.................................................................................................................yes

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
FRIARS HAVE TATTOOS!!! ERMAGHERD!
lQuUw9U.jpg

rCZ4o3o.jpg

qHhfxSN.jpg

6xEZRSm.jpg

0DVH4XK.png

The ones I can actually aim a camera at! I also have "Adonai Elohim" in Hebrew at the top of my spine, as well as the NOTW logo.
I also have "Only God Can Judge Me" in a Arabic style font around my lower left bicep.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alrighty then....I am here for you all.
Blow up this thread....blow up my PMs....MAKE ME BUSY.

I'm very grateful you decided to keep this going. So many people these days are afraid to demonstrate their faith because they fear they will be ridiculed.
I openly pray before meals at restaurants and never shy away from discussing my faith with others.
I don't force it on anyone but don't hide it either.
Thanks for the thread and may God bless you, my friend.

'If you deny me before man, I will deny you before my Father.'

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm very grateful you decided to keep this going. So many people these days are afraid to demonstrate their faith because they fear they will be ridiculed.
I openly pray before meals at restaurants and never shy away from discussing my faith with others.
I don't force it on anyone but don't hide it either.
Thanks for the thread and may God bless you, my friend.
God Bless you as well my brother. I have this odd habit of openly thanking people that I see praying before a meal. I get very visibly excited when I see people praising my Father.

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fry.. My hats off to ya. I like your style thanks for hanging in.
How bout a prayer or something for my little bro. He's handicapped ya know. I used to be his keeper, when I was a child. I taught em everything he knew, till maybe 20 yrs ago. Now he's under the care of the state, and I have no say in anything.
He has some seriously bad physical ailments that need to be addressed. The problem is, because he's full grown, and only limited by lack of speach, if he refuses to see a doctor, they can't make him. So they do nothing.
Sorry TMI, thanks in advance bubba.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Fry.. My hats off to ya. I like your style thanks for hanging in.
How bout a prayer or something for my little bro. He's handicapped ya know. I used to be his keeper, when I was a child. I taught em everything he knew, till maybe 20 yrs ago. Now he's under the care of the state, and I have no say in anything.
He has some seriously bad physical ailments that need to be addressed. The problem is, because he's full grown, and only limited by lack of speach, if he refuses to see a doctor, they can't make him. So they do nothing.
Sorry TMI, thanks in advance bubba.
Consider it done! Well....consider it done in about ten minutes!

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Merry Christmas to all!
Laus Deo!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry all....Advent/Christmas is a very giddy time for me. Lent tends to be quite reflective and full of penance....until Easter, then I'm giddy again.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love how cows are always depicted in images of The Holy Nativity! There would not have been a cow within 1000 miles of Judea! (St Francis of Assisi created the first Nativity scene in the late 13th century in Italy....that is where the cow business originated)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Franciscan, thanks for this thread it is truly inspirational and heart warning! Have a very Merry Christmas
And Merry Christmas to all our V/U family

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Franciscan, thanks for this thread it is truly inspirational and heart warning! Have a very Merry Christmas
And Merry Christmas to all our V/U family
You too Jimi....so happy that you visited!!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My thanks too for the thread @franciscan. When I saw it for the first time yesterday my first thought was I wished it was somehow intertwined on a single page with @ghost62's "Light at the End of the Tunnel." One thread might pause and the other could pick it up and vice versa. The messages are so closely related, the prayers at times the same (e.g. below), and I can already see in these two pages the individual life troubles crossing over. As someone in recovery and in the midst of a spiritual awakening, my atheism notwithstanding, I shall have to NiftySplit or keep two tabs open for the time being. :)

Not Latin but pretty: Joyeux Noël à vous tous.

St Francis Prayer
Lord, make me a channel of thy peace, that where there is hatred, I may bring love; that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness; that where there is discord, I may bring harmony; that where there is error, I may bring truth; that where there is doubt, I may bring faith; that where there is despair, I may bring hope; that where there are shadows, I may bring light that where there is sadness, I may bring joy. Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted; to understand, than to be understood; to love, than to be loved. For it is by self-forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven. (edit)

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Religion Vs Faith!
To me.....this conflict is like a cup of coffee. When you go to a coffee shop, you are not going there because of the amazing cup, but for the amazing coffee!! Faith is coffee, religion is the cup. Ideally the two are united...but this is not necessarily rote. If I pour my amazing coffee upon the floor, I can still lap it up like a cat, and enjoy it. The cup however....quantifies and allows us to describe just how MUCH amazing coffee we have. I have heard a great deal of testimonies from people that in the midst of despair...have surrendered to God or whichever name their higher authority goes by. In each of these situations...the divine was called upon to rescue a person in distress, and subsequently a life changed for the better. This almost always happens outside of the context of religion.
Despite being a devout Roman Catholic Franciscan and street evangelist....I for the most part detest religion! I embrace the Gospel and make it my Rule of Life....and I rely completely on the Sacraments as defined by the Catechism of the Catholic Church.......however my closest and most intimate communions with God, Jesus, Mary take place on mine and their terms. I will spend hours preaching to a tree....a car....passing cat....and sometimes to the sky. I find God in the happy laughter of a wee baby...in the stark nothingness of the desert....in the looks of adoration in an old lady's eyes when she gazes upon her husband of 50+ years. God for me is in every thing that exists by His will, or made through the gifts given to a craftsman or engineer.
People ask me where my Church is......and if I'm honest....there is NO PLACE in the universe that you can find yourself, where you are NOT in my Church.
I honestly think that Buddhists and Taoists get this more than most Abrahamic religions in that they have successfully separated the world from Faith. I am frankly disgusted at what I see when I look at "modern religion" in that what I am seeing is not true Faith and Reliance upon God....but a machine designed to either control the hearts of man....or a projection of a tortured soul demanding others to "come suffer with me, or go to hell". It nauseates me and even though I am forbidden to ever be angry.....it brings me pretty fucking close.

In summation.....we are born to only desire love and to be loved....hate is taught, as is greed and the false desire for validation without rather than within. I make a practice of "Mortification of the Senses"....it helps me die to the world daily...so that with the heart and searching eyes of an infant...I can only desire to give, and receive love. That is faith.

Pax Et Bonum

Well expressed and very pleasing to hear. I'm glad you have added the virtual tarmac of this thread to your street beat. :)

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you so very much!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
St Francis's prayer is my guide to life. My mission statement if you will.

krazy.chic

Member For 4 Years
Thank you Franciscan, and Merry Christmas to you and Everyone here!!
I love the season, but my heart goes out to the least fortunate. So many children, whose wishes go unanswered, and that's just the beginning to this age old sad story for our own American people. Those are the Ones, who really need Prayer right now!!

</*+*\> ~Mαri€♥

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you Franciscan, and Merry Christmas to you and Everyone here!!
I love the season, but my heart goes out to the least fortunate. So many children, whose wishes go unanswered, and that's just the beginning to this age old sad story for our own American people. Those are the Ones, who really need Prayer right now!!

</*+*\> ~Mαri€♥
The marginalised in America and the world over are singulary held in the highest place in the Heart of Christ. May we imitate His Divine Mercy and never forget those who suffer and dwell in situations that we, the more fortunate, may very well find ourselves in! The greatest gift that we may ever give...is to not forget our humble Saviour. "And Jesus saith to him: The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air nests: but the son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matthew 8:20
L7c50bT.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Salve Regina, Mater misericordiae. Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra, salve. Ad te clamamus exsules filii Hevae. Ad te Suspiramus, gementes et flentes in hac lacrimarum valle. Eia ergo, Advocata nostra, illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte. Et Iesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui, nobis post hoc exsilium ostende. O clemens, o pia, o dulcis Virgo Maria. Amen

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Pater Noster , qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
On an English and lighter note; Someone invariably asks me, every 26th of December....."get anything nice for Christmas?". I always respond "OH, something small...and nicely wrapped!"

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one's unwrapped, though perhaps the most precious and unearthly I've seen in the history of art.

fc568087-a1e7-4ada-8ceb-b87605aa1807-1522x2040.jpeg

Nativity at Night by Geertgen tot Sint Jans (c 1490)

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This one's unwrapped, though perhaps the most precious and unearthly I've seen in the history of art.

fc568087-a1e7-4ada-8ceb-b87605aa1807-1522x2040.jpeg

Nativity at Night by Geertgen tot Sint Jans (c 1490)
So beautiful!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am feeling like I really need to be busy. Show of hands.....Two topics I enjoy writing about, and in such a manner as it is a practical take on subjects that tend to be explained in a very imperious manner. I like to speak to people as they are...not as I desire them to be.
Topics:
The Bible as a guide to practical and everyday life.
Prayer....we all do it even if we do not realise it.

VOTE! This is a majority rules process....the first five common votes win. If we deadlock on an even number...my vote decides.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since others are sleeping or something...
I'll just say either which is no help in a vote! :oops:
I enjoy reading what you have to say.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Since others are sleeping or something...
I'll just say either which is no help in a vote! :oops:
I enjoy reading what you have to say.
Using the Bible for it's TRUE purpose begets the desire to pray....so I will count that as a vote for Bible.

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am greatly enjoying and appreciating this thread.

Many people do not have a way to have an open, non-dramatic, constructive discussion and exploration of God.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am greatly enjoying and appreciating this thread.

Many people do not have a way to have an open, non-dramatic, constructive discussion and exploration of God.
Thank you......care to vote on my next topic?

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you......care to vote on my next topic?

Sure. Both topics are great of course, but if you asked me to cast a vote, I'd say - the prayer topic.
We all need guidance and encouragement regarding speaking to God.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy this thread for the intention for which it was meant.For people to come and ask for prayers to be said for a special someone. Having many people praying for the same person has benefit is my belief. Do we need to have topics? Does that kind of ruin what was started. Believe me I am not trying to be rude here at all but talking about the bible takes the thread off course of which it was. Does this thread then become a debate on thoughts, beliefs and the proof? This is just my opinion.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I enjoy this thread for the intention for which it was meant.For people to come and ask for prayers to be said for a special someone. Having many people praying for the same person has benefit is my belief. Do we need to have topics? Does that kind of ruin what was started. Believe me I am not trying to be rude here at all but talking about the bible takes the thread off course of which it was. Does this thread then become a debate on thoughts, beliefs and the proof? This is just my opinion.
Thanks for stopping by.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The primary intent of this thread is for prayer. However, I also will infuse things that I feel....or that those who frequent here...are inspirational or helpful. This is a place where people of faith....of ANY faith can come rejoice in that. I will also from time to time add bits that address what is wrong with the Catholic faith (I cannae speak to others and I am not as aware....and also because I tend to be somewhat in opposition to the Holy See). There are a great many who have "Fallen Away" due to a growing number of "pastors" that are not so much shepherding their flock....but fulfilling some hidden agenda of their own. One of the key aspects of any Faith, is to focus less on the self...and more towards the divine......this includes other people...all created equally and as such, deserve the same dignity that we offer those closest to ourselves. Judgement and proselytizing have NO place here...and will be disregarded....at least by myself. I will not censor or criticise ANY view...as that is judgment...and I am No man's judge.

VU Sponsors