Closed

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Why would you pray for a drunk? see I have a different view I will pray they do not kill someone an innocent but I will not pray for them because they are not attempting any penance at all they are purposely and knowingly putting others in harms way... Even though @franciscan and I may not agree on this theological quorum
my thoughts on it they have chosen Evil (Demonic control) and only they themselves can be released through Christ ;)
"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do" Luke 23:34

“Now early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them. Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery.
And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, ‘Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?’ This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him.
But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, ‘He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.’

And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, ‘Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?’ She said, ‘No one, Lord.’ And Jesus said to her, ‘Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.’” John 8:2-11

Pax Et Bonum

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Second Side Note: I am now whistling "Fernando" by ABBA and cannot seem to stop.......THANKS!

Winner takes it all is my fav from them but they have a bunch. Great band , love Fleetwood Mac as well .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh , and another thing , well done on the thread Sir, didn't even know it existed since i rarely come in here but you deserve a lot of credit .

I will not ask you to bless me because i know i'm hopeless but for the souls that can be saved , you the man.

images

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh , and another thing , well done on the thread Sir, didn't even know it existed since i rarely come in here but you deserve a lot of credit .

I will not ask you to bless me because i know i'm hopeless but for the souls that can be saved , you the man.

@

images
You not hopeless man you just do not have an Avatar thats all I believe your sins will be forgiven for this @VH fan

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

images
For as long as we are loved by He who has created us....we are never without hope. You were saved by His Divine Mercy....now all you have to do is live a life of gratitude for His Sacrifice for you! Success is not the imperative....trying IS.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You not hopeless man you just do not have an Avatar thats all I believe your sins will be forgiven for this @VH fan

I thought it might be the avatar myself , thanks for confirming my friend.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For as long as we are loved by He who has created us....we are never without hope. You were saved by His Divine Mercy....now all you have to do is live a live of gratitude for His Sacrifice for you! Success is not the imperative....trying IS.

I would have had a much easier time believing this if the mighty one had not personally told me himself but maybe he'll change his mind.

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Friar I think Roger may have been listening the wife has been feeling better the last couple of days! Send him a little thanks for us as I have to all my Rogers. Happy New Year!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In love there can be no fear,
but fear is driven out by perfect love:
because to fear is to expect punishment,
and anyone who is afraid is still imperfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a rough one, because I think it is pretty easy to be someone who really loves God and yet still can have, at times, significant fear.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a rough one, because I think it is pretty easy to be someone who really loves God and yet still can have, at times, significant fear.
This is the dilemma of our human nature. Our senses are bombarded every minute by the hollow promises and false doctrines of the world. I explain to people that to die to the world, is to be born to perfect love. Seems easy when read or heard....but it is easily the hardest thing to accomplish, as it is simply beyond the nature to which we were indoctrinated into from very early childhood. This is where prayer comes in....the constant pleading for help and strength that is so readily given us. We cannot hope to do this alone...nor were we meant to. This is why, when we refer to "The Church"...we are not referring to a building or doctrine, as much as the family of humankind.
Faith is the "Why" and "How"....doctrine is simply a methodology and instruction for those who are still seeking and questioning. It is also worth noting that I refer to the "Family of humankind" and not "Family of God"..........this is for two reasons....in ANY faith or spirituality....it is implied that humankind is of God/god. Secondly, as we belong to the Divine....we also belong to each other.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For as long as we are loved by He who has created us....we are never without hope. You were saved by His Divine Mercy....now all you have to do is live a life of gratitude for His Sacrifice for you! Success is not the imperative....trying IS.

First time i saw this post , so Franciscan you really think i was saved huh , your not F -n with me ? Your saying I MUST live a life of gratitude for being saved is that correct ?

OK , will do , i just wish he didn't sacrifice so much for me as i (never even met the guy actually) , and the other reason was because i was absolutely convinced if there was one person on the planet that wasn't worth saving it was me.

There's always a few that aren't worth saving right? This is a serious question dammit.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
First time i saw this post , so Franciscan you really think i was saved huh , your not F -n with me ? Your saying I MUST live a life of gratitude for being saved is that correct ?

OK , will do , i just wish he didn't sacrifice so much for me as i (never even met the guy actually) , and the other reason was because i was absolutely convinced if there was one person on the planet that wasn't worth saving it was me.

There's always a few that aren't worth saving right? This is a serious question dammit.
Being saved by His Mercy does not automatically promise forgiveness. A parent loves their child without question...but through that love, and a hope of better behaviour...prescribes consequences for all actions. The Good Thief lived a life of sin..but as he hung dying upon the cross at Galgotha....he, with NOTHING bodily to gain....and certainly nothing to lose....defended Christ against the bloodthirsty crowd.

"One of the criminals who were hanged there kept deriding him and saying, “Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed have been condemned justly, for we are getting what we deserve for our deeds, but this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” He replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” Luke 23:39-43

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

He told you exactly what he wanted from you, spoke only the words to open your eyes and heart to see.
The other one tells you only what you want to hear, not need to hear.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Being saved by His Mercy does not automatically promise forgiveness. A parent loves their child without question...but through that love, and a hope of better behaviour...prescribes consequences for all actions. The Good Thief lived a life of sin..but as he hung dying upon the cross at Galgotha....he, with NOTHING bodily to gain....and certainly nothing to lose....defended Christ against the bloodthirsty crowd.

"One of the criminals who were hanged there kept deriding him and saying, “Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed have been condemned justly, for we are getting what we deserve for our deeds, but this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” He replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” Luke 23:39-43

I am familiar with the above highlighted part actually , very telling . Dumb Romans , you just do not pick on and crucify the guy with all the power , just a bad move imo .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He told you exactly what he wanted from you, spoke only the words to open your eyes and heart to see.
The other one tells you only what you want to hear, not need to hear.

Yeah , i was afraid of that actually , stuff goes in one ear and out the other and i often need the person to repeat it again.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am familiar with the above highlighted part actually , very telling . Dumb Romans , you just do not pick on and crucify the guy with all the power , just a bad move imo .
Observe closely the soldier that pierced the side of Jesus with his spear. This was not done our of cruelty....it was done out of mercy, as he could no longer bear His suffering....or the tears of His Mother. It was at that moment, that water and blood of His Divine Mercy rained down upon the ground, thus sanctifying it as well as the soldier. It is never to late...and love shown, is love given.

Addendum: That soldier's name was Longinus, and is venerated as a Saint (Martyr)

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
II Corinthians 12-9 seems to be echoing through my mind lately. My weakness's are so readily apparent to me. Always at the forefront of my mind. I have to remind myself of this verse every other minute it seems.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
II Corinthians 12-9 seems to be echoing through my mind lately. My weakness's are so readily apparent to me. Always at the forefront of my mind. I have to remind myself of this verse every other minute it seems.
St Paul, being such a prolific sinner (As Saul of Tarsus), had a very profound insight on conversion....ONGOING conversion. In his many letters to the Corinthians, Romans, Ephesians etc....he showed such heart rending love and compassion. This self same love is exactly what Jesus commanded of us.....It is the single path to holiness. We are all weak, but that is because we oft times believe that our cross is only ours to bear....as a Franciscan, I am especially prone to this. Our greatest gift to our Lord...is to ask for help.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.
Amen

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So anyway....how is everyone?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, this is now my "regular" hang out. Hopefully I will get visitors.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
pops in for a visit, but you went to the trailer park..
i best get home soon too :p

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I appreciate that. This is my safe place at a time when I need to be here. Things have changed, and I must change with them.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
perhaps.. I like being a free spirit.. never know where i might pop up :D
but i see you, fran.. hope you are having a better day today..

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You have it! I will continue to pray for you.
Now... off to work I go.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
People need to smile more. If they need to dig deep, put the iphone down then they need to, just to spread a single pebble in the lake of discord... those ripples build.
Do not focus on the negative, but focus on the kindness, the joy and positive.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
One of the most difficult things for humans. To detach from the world and look with a different set of eyes.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Love should be mad, reckless and dangerous. It ought to be! It should require your every ounce of courage and every iota of strength. Love like you’re doing a bungee jump. Take the risk. Love like it’s all or nothing. Give your best. Because we only have one life to live.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Amazing article about the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano.
Not often are we provided empirical evidence of a miracle.....This particular one occurred in the first century CE, and was proven by science in 1971.
What I find amazing is...how in the face of irrefutable medical evidence...the "Real Presence" is denied and/or claimed to be a myth.
http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Story time!!

St Francis and the wolf of Gubbio

While Francis was staying in that town he learned of a wolf so ravenous that it was not only killing and eating animals, but people, too. The people took up arms and went after it, but those who encountered the wolf perished at its sharp teeth. Villagers became afraid to leave the city walls.

Francis had pity on the people and decided to go out and meet the wolf. He was desperately warned by the people, but he insisted that God would take care of him. A brave friar and several peasants accompanied Francis outside the city gate. But soon the peasants lost heart and said they would go no farther.

Francis and his companion began to walk on. Suddenly the wolf, jaws agape, charged out of the woods at the couple. Francis made the Sign of the Cross toward it. The power of God caused the wolf to slow down and to close its mouth.

Then Francis called out to the creature: “Come to me, Brother Wolf. In the name of Christ, I order you not to hurt anyone.” At that moment the wolf lowered its head and lay down at St. Francis’ feet, meek as a lamb.

St. Francis explained to the wolf that he had been terrorizing the people, killing not only animals, but humans who are made in the image of God. “Brother Wolf,” said Francis, “I want to make peace between you and the people of Gubbio. They will harm you no more and you must no longer harm them. All past crimes are to be forgiven.”

The wolf showed its assent by moving its body and nodding its head. Then to the absolute surprise of the gathering crowd, Francis asked the wolf to make a pledge. As St. Francis extended his hand to receive the pledge, so the wolf extended its front paw and placed it into the saint’s hand. Then Francis commanded the wolf to follow him into town to make a peace pact with the townspeople. The wolf meekly followed St. Francis.

By the time they got to the town square, everyone was there to witness the miracle. With the wolf at his side, Francis gave the town a sermon on the wondrous and fearful love of God, calling them to repent from all their sins. Then he offered the townspeople peace, on behalf of the wolf. The townspeople promised in a loud voice to feed the wolf. Then Francis asked the wolf if he would live in peace under those terms. He bowed his head and twisted his body in a way that convinced everyone he accepted the pact. Then once again the wolf placed its paw in Francis’ hand as a sign of the pact.

From that day on the people kept the pact they had made. The wolf lived for two years among the townspeople, going from door to door for food. It hurt no one and no one hurt it. Even the dogs did not bark at it. When the wolf finally died of old age, the people of Gubbio were sad. The wolf’s peaceful ways had been a living reminder to them of the wonders, patience, virtues and holiness of St. Francis. It had been a living symbol of the power and providence of the living God.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's awesome.
And that's how animals react toward my dad. Trips me out but I've seen it happen numerous times.
My dad is a holy and God fearing man. Hope to someday be half the man he is.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That's awesome.
And that's how animals react toward my dad. Trips me out but I've seen it happen numerous times.
My dad is a holy and God fearing man. Hope to someday be half the man he is.
You already are in that you recognise that in him.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You already are in that you recognise that in him.
He has an understanding that I have never seen displayed inn any other human other than our Lord.
He too has an awesome testimony and he is a powerful witness unto the Lord.
I'm blessed and honored to be my fathers' son.
And even though I've lived as a reprobate for most of my life, my dad would say he is honored and blessed to have me as his son.
He's a wonderful representative of the love of God. Truly an ambassador of the Lord :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
He has an understanding that I have never seen displayed inn any other human other than our Lord.
He too has an awesome testimony and he is a powerful witness unto the Lord.
I'm blessed and honored to be my fathers' son.
And even though I've lived as a reprobate for most of my life, my dad would say he is honored and blessed to have me as his son.
He's a wonderful representative of the love of God. Truly an ambassador of the Lord :)

11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on.27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”
Luke 15:11-32

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That is the too oft overlooked...or not realised value of the Bible. No matter what a person's circumstances, there is at the bare minimum...ONE verse(s) that can help us to understand that we are not alone in our plight(s). When I discuss the Bible with people who may be veteran readers, or those that have yet to use it...I HIGHLY recommend also owning a concordance! My favourite is a rather thick volume called "What does the Bible say about......"
It is set up like a dictionary. You enter any term you can think of....Divorce, Disobedience, Love, Infidelity...etc, and it will list every line of Scripture that has something to say about it. Then with that in mind, you can further consult with clergy so that these things can be put into everyday terms. This discipline is called "Apologetics".....and LUCKY YOU! I am a trained apologetic!
Soon I will write a very concise "guide" of sorts on how the Bible is to be properly used, in such a way that it is a guide rather then just a book to be read.

Pax Et Bonum

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If course I will. I pray to my Mother for you every morning before I take my brekkie. I always will.
I plan on starting a Novena to Mary Undoer Of Knots this evening for you.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If anyone who enjoyed the story of The Wolf of Gubbio, and would like to look into more such stories (a few of which are quite funny)...I recommend reading...or at least browsing through "Little Flowers of St Francis". Very inspirational stories of a wee poor fellow from Assisi that struggled daily not only to walk with The Lord, but to help other's do the same. He was an "everyman" who more than understood the world around him, and with the utmost in compassion....undertook a most amazing task that few in today's age would have the stomach to even consider. He lived in the middle ages and was incredibly brazen despite his life long Holy commitment to abject poverty and Holy Obedience.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If course I will. I pray to my Mother for you every morning before I take my brekkie. I always will.
I plan on starting a Novena to Mary Undoer Of Knots this evening for you.

thank you so much, that is very nice of you.

VU Sponsors