Become a Patron!

Closed

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"It is so difficult to have faith in you, when you seem to let things like this happen to people"................God sighed and replied....."I am sorry about the alarm bit...but whilst you were still asleep this morning....Satan sent a demon to take your life...I had to send one of my Angels to fight him.....clearly my Angel won.....sorry, but I thought you'd like to sleep through that"
She answered "Oh....I didn't know"

BITE
Good answer...that is just one of the things I have the most trouble understanding I just can't wrap my head around it...I can't rap my head around alot

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"But what about this traffic....I will wind up being almost two hours late!!!"
"Well....your boss had already decided to fire you because you were an hour late....but I figured in the second hour, he would hear about the accident on the radio that I made him turn on.....and after some thought....he prayed that you are safe....and I heard his prayer"
*crying her eyes out* "OH LORD!!! Please forgive me...I had no idea these things were going to happen.....LORD GOD...thank you so much for loving me and protecting me.....if it were not for you, my family and children would be devastated for life!!!!"

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"You are welcome my child"

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sometimes God...who already is present at the end of our lives....see's that there is tragedy awaiting us at the hands of the world that man has corrupted. He does not want to see us suffer, and sometimes in His Grace, finds it necessary to take us out of the game so that we are saved from something more horrible than we can imagine

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sometimes we suffer things that make no sense.....at least in the confines of our relatively small minds.....only to wonder WHY?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
God is there....God see's all...and sometimes through our suffering we come to Him when nothing else has worked. Sometimes through that trust, once we have given up and ASKED FOR HIS HELP....he gifts with the miracles of His Grace......in those times, we just may get what the heart needs...instead of what the brain WANTS.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I hope that helps in some small way :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When I lost my mother...I lost the best friend I've ever had. But now, she is involved in my life in ways that left her feeling helpless whilst alive. She can now give me the answers that she could not have before. Now she rearranges my life using wee nudges that keep me on track.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i have no patience. redhead, ya know. but i did enjoy and appreciate your explanation.
PFFT...your ginger traits do not impress me whatsoever! You are easily dealt with.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hope that helps in some small way :)
You have certainly given me a lot to think about...I haven't prayed, gone to church or done anything except be angry since August 1, 2006...he was a brother to me...but I hope you're right. I hope he was saved from some even worse tragedy

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You have certainly given me a lot to think about...I haven't prayed, gone to church or done anything except be angry since August 1, 2006...he was a brother to me...but I hope you're right. I hope he was saved from some even worse tragedy
What I typed did not come from me. I do not get most of what God does...truly I do not. But that is why my daily prayers (MANY a day) always involve asking for a deeper faith, understanding, patience, trust. "My thoughts are not your thoughts, your ways are not my ways" - Isaiah 55:8

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You see adk....I am merely a puppet in the hands of my Holy Master....when I surrendered my entire being to Him...it came with the understanding that when I speak, He speaks through me....what I do is by His Hand.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You see adk....I am merely a puppet in the hands of my Holy Master....when I surrendered my entire being to Him...it came with the understanding that when I speak, He speaks through me....what I do is by His Hand.
I hear you. I have a guy that I train with that relentlessly invites to his church at least 3 times a week.

Maybe I will go and TRY to understand.

That is another thing. I have a lot of tattoos and piercings(piercings have since been removed) now and the last church I went to I was judged before anyone even asked me my name. I was asked to leave. So I did. I haven't been in church since.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@adk1989 I am always here for you my brother. I love you and want you to never feel alone or misunderstood.
Thank you my friend...with you I don't feel as if I'll be judged or ridiculed if I have questions...for that I thank you

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Dont let one Church put you off. I have many tattoos on my arms and top of my spine...and belong to a Religious Order! Perhaps you might try anyway! Some religions seem for forget that we ALL sin, and our sins are forgiven. God loves sinners, and collectors of body art....I know over five priests with tattoos lol. Religion is NOT faith. I wrote something about that earlier in this thread..give it a read.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you. I have a guy that I train with that relentlessly invites to his church at least 3 times a week.

Maybe I will go and TRY to understand.

That is another thing. I have a lot of tattoos and piercings(piercings have since been removed) now and the last church I went to I was judged before anyone even asked me my name. I was asked to leave. So I did. I haven't been in church since.
That was a good thing IMO. Cause it shows you what church to NOT go to ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you my friend...with you I don't feel as if I'll be judged or ridiculed if I have questions...for that I thank you
You are quite literally my brother...no better or worse than any other human being. It's a tough world out there..and if we stick together as Christ taught us "A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - John 13:34....we just might make it through!

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dont let one Church put you off. I have many tattoos on my arms and top of my spine...and belong to a Religious Order! Perhaps you might try anyway! Some religions seem for forget that we ALL sin, and our sins are forgiven. God loves sinners, and collectors of body art....I know over five priests with tattoos lol. Religion is NOT faith. I wrote something about that earlier in this thread..give it a read.
Will do...the guy even had his pastor call me...when I told him I had tattoos his exact words were..."you know that pastor was right...your body IS the temple of God. Why not decorate the walls?"

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You are quite literally my brother...no better or worse than any other human being. It's a tough world out there..and if we stick together as Christ taught us "A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - John 13:34....we just might make it through!
We just might my friend we just might!!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Will do...the guy even had his pastor call me...when I told him I had tattoos his exact words were..."you know that pastor was right...your body IS the temple of God. Why not decorate the walls?"
These protestant clergy like to pound on an old Jewish law that only applied to women. Fact is, that law only applied to scarification that was used to deify pagan beliefs.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
<<has "Adonai Elohim" tattooed at the base of his neck.....that is Hebrew for "Lord God".....had a Rabbi compliment my artist for getting the tetragammaton correct!
XVgFjK1.png

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
These protestant clergy like to pound on an old Jewish law that only applied to women. Fact is, that law only applied to scarification that was used to deify pagan beliefs.
Well would you look at that...I never knew that...you know alot about this huh? I'm glad to know that...I can defend myself of it ever happens again

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
my other ink is earlier in the thread :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well would you look at that...I never knew that...you know alot about this huh? I'm glad to know that...I can defend myself of it ever happens again
In my line of "work", it helps to know a few things! :p

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to pop in to offer a hearty thanks for this thread, franciscan! Although my faith certainly isn't of the Abrahamic sort (or of any conventional sort, really), I've appreciated reading your takes on your own brand of faith and the positivity and humor you've brought forth not just here but in quite a few of your posts encountered across the forum. Looking forward to lurking on...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just wanted to pop in to offer a hearty thanks for this thread, franciscan! Although my faith certainly isn't of the Abrahamic sort (or of any conventional sort, really), I've appreciated reading your takes on your own brand of faith and the positivity and humor you've brought forth not just here but in quite a few of your posts encountered across the forum. Looking forward to lurking on...
Laugh when you want to cry...that is one of my mottoes lol. Thank you for your vote of confidence!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for that! It is so true, especially praying for those that seek to bring unhappiness. So many people think they are playing games with you...when it fact they are playing games with themselves.....so sad that :(

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all you lurkers. I feel like a complete imbecile to day :(

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
*pounds head against wall violently*

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
so anyway........good evening.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
nope, but life doth continue regardless......prayers needed as I make some very necessary adjustments.

VU Sponsors