Closed

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That tends to be the beginning of my morning prayers.....patience, deeper faith, greater trust. It comes and goes lol

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That is one of the problems faced by the Holy Orders and Religious Orders....many people are under the impression that we have it all figured out, and are immune to the temptations and strife in the world. We are all no less human, with all of the frailties that come with it.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with you, many don't see you as "human" but you are.
You only have much more knowledge regarding religion than most do.
I hope you see brighter days ahead.

That is one of the problems faced by the Holy Orders and Religious Orders....many people are under the impression that we have it all figured out, and are immune to the temptations and strife in the world. We are all no less human, with all of the frailties that come with it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree with you, many don't see you as "human" but you are.
You only have much more knowledge regarding religion than most do.
I hope you see brighter days ahead.
With humility and perseverance...and MORE humility....I will survive this as I have many times before. It takes a wee bit away from me each time...but with God, all things are possible!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Laugh when you want to cry...that is one of my mottoes lol. Thank you for your vote of confidence!
Fake it 'til you make it through...actually words someone gave my ex during a painful divorce neither of us really wanted but both of us needed. She passed them on to me and it kept my head up through the rough patches. Something in a similar vein...regardless, my prayers to the big question mark right now are for you.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Fake it 'til you make it through...actually words someone gave my ex during a painful divorce neither of us really wanted but both of us needed. She passed them on to me and it kept my head up through the rough patches. Something in a similar vein...regardless, my prayers to the big question mark right now are for you.
Thank you very much!
Pax Et Bonum

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully I have more to go on most days, but even during the bad ones I'm at least thankful to the powers that lie beyond my grasp of comprehension for the grace to have made it through this day. All I can pray for is his/her/their continued faith in me to allow me another day to try to be a better person than I was today, and for the strength to be that better person when presented with the opportunity.

I figure if we both wake up tomorrow, our creator has faith in us to do something positive with the time we've been granted. Each morning, I strive to take that as a solemn challenge, as I'm sure you do as well.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Amen

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope your lot improves soon, respected friar. And I also hope you'll see fit to share whatever lessons these trials have to offer. Wish I had more to offer than moral support...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It will be a beautiful story. It is in my Father's hands. I will trust in Him through the merciful intercession of His Mother, my Mistress and Queen.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Your faith is the greatest gift you can give me.....I thank you my beloved brother!

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forrest-Gump-Wave-on-Boat.gif

hello

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Off the moment's topic, but the alt-newsweekly I work for has a nice piece in this week's magazine that I liked and might fit with the thread's general topic...

Freedom is a need of the soul, and nothing else. It is in striving toward God that the soul strives continually after a condition of freedom. God alone is the inciter and guarantor of freedom. He is the only guarantor. External freedom is only an aspect of interior freedom. Political freedom, as the Western world has known it, is only a political reading of the Bible. Religion and freedom are indivisible. Without freedom the soul dies. Without the soul there is no justification for freedom. — from Witness

Whittaker Chambers (1901–1961) was an American writer and editor who, after renouncing International Communism and recanting his involvement in the party as an agent for Moscow, became an outspoken critic of Communism and delivered the evidence that helped convict communist spy Alger Hiss, a member of the U.S. State Department under Franklin Roosevelt, at his perjury and espionage trial in 1950. Chambers offers a full account of his conversion and Hiss’s spy trial in his bestselling 1952 autobiography Witness.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A very early 'Good morning' (or a late 'Good evening'), my friend. May the coming day bring you just enough knowledge of His Will for you to be sure of your purpose AND the power to carry it out.
Thanks again for this thread.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Freedom is primarily the freedom FROM slavery. Slavery is any circumstance where the will of our heart, which is God's will is ensnared....either by the false promises of the world, or from within our minds...which are also driven by the self same falseness.
When we give authority to our hearts in our lives, we acknowledge the authority of God. God created man in order that we shall be happy, and in full communion with our world which He created. When we give authority to our hearts which are OF God, we diminish the influence of the world which is in our minds...our minds, whilst created by God, are not OF God. This surrender, which is quite easily the most difficult task we will ever undertake, is the only TRUE path to complete freedom. As Christ showed us at the pillar, and moreover, upon the Cross. The world may destroy our bodies and our minds...but the SPIRIT endures through all. The Spirit is the heart....Our hearts are mirror images of Christ's Sacred Heart. When we allow a hardening of our hearts, we exclude the Holy Spirit to not only enter us, but dwell within us......This prison that is self created, is what defines our slavery on earth.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Freedom is primarily the freedom FROM slavery. Slavery is any circumstance where the will of our heart, which is God's will is ensnared....either by the false promises of the world, or from within our minds...which are also driven by the self same falseness.
When we give authority to our hearts in our lives, we acknowledge the authority of God. God created man in order that we shall be happy, and in full communion with our world which He created. When we give authority to our hearts which are OF God, we diminish the influence of the world which is in our minds...our minds, whilst created by God, are not OF God. This surrender, which is quite easily the most difficult task we will ever undertake, is the only TRUE path to complete freedom. As Christ showed us at the pillar, and moreover, upon the Cross. The world may destroy our bodies and our minds...but the SPIRIT endures through all. The Spirit is the heart....Our hearts are mirror images of Christ's Sacred Heart. When we allow a hardening of our hearts, we exclude the Holy Spirit to not only enter us, but dwell within us......This prison that is self created, is what defines our slavery on earth.
As a recovering addict, I can attest to the difficulty of letting go of self-will. Step 3 sounds easy on the surface but, almost seven years into this journey, I still find myself struggling on occasion.
'We made a decision to turn our will, and our lives, over to the care of God as we understood Him.'
Trusting that everything serves His Will frees me from the awful burden of being responsible for forcing outcomes and continually questioning why things happen- what could I have done better?
Today, I'm responsible for seeking His Will for me, doing my best to lead a life that pleases Him, and leaving the results to His design.
It's freeing. It's a huge weight off me. In trust comes joy. Unfortunately, I'm human and fail frequently.
One thing that I pray for is not perfection in aligning my will to His, but getting a little better every day.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As a recovering addict, I can attest to the difficulty of letting go of self-will. Step 3 sounds easy on the surface but, almost seven years into this journey, I still find myself struggling on occasion.
'We made a decision to turn our will, and our lives, over to the care of God as we understood Him.'
Trusting that everything serves His Will fees me from the awful burden of being responsible for forcing outcomes and continually questioning why things happen- what could I have done better?
Today, I'm responsible for seeking His Will for me, doing my best to lead a life that pleases Him, and leaving the results to His design.
It's freeing. It's a huge weight off me. In trust comes joy. Unfortunately, I'm human and fail frequently.
One thing that I pray for is not perfection in aligning my will to His, but getting a little better every day.
Not a one of us can claim differently. It is in this struggle that we truly find God. Quite frankly....my greatest joy is in continuously needing Him.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, yes I would. He would never ask that of me....but His sacrifice which is love itself, is a debt that I can never repay, but find my deepest joy in the repaying!

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a one of us can claim differently. It is in this struggle that we truly find God. Quite frankly....my greatest joy is in continuously needing Him.
Hahaha! Yup!
I hear so many people say that God never gives them more than they can handle.
On the contrary, He frequently presents me with challenges that I cannot overcome without Him.
Through surrender I find strength.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hahaha! Yup!
On the contrary, He frequently presents me with challenges that I cannot overcome without Him.
I often remind people of the epic battle waged between The Dark One and Job. Which also reminds us of the words given to the Romans by St Paul:
"For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor might, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hahaha! Yup!
Amen

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And through penance, I find redemption.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am so glad you didn't abandon the idea before it got started.
I love this thread... you give me lots to think about.
I am glad as well. The response was not what I expected....but am happy about it beyond words!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good evening everyone.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
God r evening, brother.
How have things been in Friarville?
The ArchDiocese here has an issue with me suddenly....but all else is well. Not sure what to do about that, but whatever. More importantly, how are you?

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ArchDiocese here has an issue with me suddenly....but all else is well. Not sure what to do about that, but whatever. More importantly, how are you?
I'm hanging in there. Been laid up for a few days- my bum hip has me on the sidelines but I'm trying to keep the noggin occupied.
Hanging out here has helped pass the time, certainly, but I'm an active person by nature. Going a bit stir crazy.
I hope things get better on your end (have never understood church politics) and will gladly include you in my prayers.
Have a truly wonderful evening. Think I'm gonna tune into the Barrett-Jackson auto auction and dream, dream away ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm hanging in there. Been laid up for a few days- my bum hip has me on the sidelines but I'm trying to keep the noggin occupied.
Hanging out here has helped pass the time, certainly, but I'm an active person by nature. Going a bit stir crazy.
I hope things get better on your end (have never understood church politics) and will gladly include you in my prayers.
Have a truly wonderful evening. Think I'm gonna tune into the Barrett-Jackson auto auction and dream, dream away ;)
The global Diocese's are Conservative and directly governed by the Roman Curia...and have always been at odd with the Religious Orders...ESPECIALLY mine...so on occasion, when I have personal issues that interface with them...there can be problems. In the end, I remind them I am not under their direct authority, and report to my Franciscan Province. The issue is relatively minor regarding interpretation of a vow.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The global Diocese's are Conservative and directly governed by the Roman Curia...and have always been at odd with the Religious Orders...ESPECIALLY mine...so on occasion, when I have personal issues that interface with them...there can be problems. In the end, I remind them I am not under their direct authority, and report to my Franciscan Province. The issue is relatively minor regarding interpretation of a vow.
Think how many things in this world would be better if people were governed by prayers for guidance rather than someone else's interpretations

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Think how many things in this world would be better if people were governed by prayers for guidance rather than someone else's interpretations
Aside from the administration of the Sacraments....I tend to agree. That is why I restrict God's ministry through me, to the Gospels and Acts of the Apostles....there is no room for interpretation. The Gospels are the teachings of Jesus to His People...and Acts are examples of what we need to do as apostles of His Word.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow.
An absolutely gorgeous 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge convertible just crossed the block, selling for $165,000
Someday maybe.
Someday

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Prayer of a Single Person

Eternal God,

from my mother's womb

you have known and loved me

more than I can ever know.

I ask for the courage to live a holy life,

that your hand guide my decisions

and that your mercy be extended

when I seek my own glory instead of yours.

I ask for the wisdom to know your will for me,

and like our Blessed Mother,

I ask for the strength to say yes.

May I find you in every person I meet, and may my life so shine forth

your goodness and love

that each person may be led to you

through Jesus, your Son,

who is Lord, forever and ever. Amen.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
will........not.........get.........angry
will........not.........get.........angry
will........not.........get........angry

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD." - Leviticus 19:18
"'Do not steal. "'Do not lie. "'Do not deceive one another." - Leviticus 19:11
The above easily obeyed by.....
"A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - John 13:34

Simple, yet for SO MANY....difficult to impossible.....yet when embraced, your anger, resentment, stress, misunderstanding....and HEARTACHE disappear.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD." - Leviticus 19:18
"A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another." - John 13:34

Simple, yet for SO MANY....difficult to impossible.....yet when embraced, your anger, resentment, stress, misunderstanding....and HEARTACHE disappear.
Amen.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oddly, I find it easier to love than 'like'.
I can love a person as my brother or sister in our Father's eyes, but am still free to not like them.
Unconditional love does not necessarily mean unconditionally condoning their actions or attitudes.
The line is either very fine or a mile wide- all depends on which side you're standing

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oddly, I find it easier to love than 'like'.
I can love a person as my brother or sister in our Father's eyes, but am still free to not like them.
Unconditional love does not necessarily mean unconditionally condoning their actions or attitudes.
The line is either very fine or a mile wide- all depends on which side you're standing
Judge not the sinner, but the sin.
Most find this shocking...but most clergy and those in Holy Orders tend to not like people at all.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My brothers and sisters...again I implore that you pray for me. A part of my heart is now sealed, but my universal love for all humanity is strong, and is obedient to The Lord.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My brothers and sisters...again I implore that you pray for me. A part of my heart is now sealed, but my universal love for all humanity is strong, and is obedient to The Lord.
You are often in my thoughts and prayers.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Some verse I remember about heartbreak:

"When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken." - Psalm 34:17-20

"Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." - Psalm 147:3 (I think)

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13

"So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." - Proverbs 3:4-5

Pax Et Bonum

VU Sponsors