Closed

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OH...and any Catholic that remembers the "Pax" that follows the Invocation know's the first part of this verse:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." - John 14:27

Actual useage per Latin Rite (Post Vatican II)

Lord Jesus Christ,
who said to your Apostles,
Peace I leave you, my peace I give you; look not on our sins,
but on the faith of your Church,
and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will.
Who live and reign for ever and ever.

Last edited:

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you my beloved brother. I'm pretty gutted right now, but the above verse fills me with hope.
I know you are.
I feel that I can say this too you and you will understand it better than someones else would.

embrace it bro. Take it and ruminate on it. Let it dig its claws in deep. Feel all that it has to offer.
And cry out to Him who alone is Holy. Rejoice in this opportunity for sanctification and purging by fire.
Sing songs of praise for His refining fire. Shout for joy because the gold must go through the fire and the dross must be brought to the surface in order for purity to be accomplished.
Find peace in knowing His suffering made possible an escape from our own.
Thank Him always for all things including the torment and the heartbreak. Thank Him always bro.
His ways are not our ways. His thoughts are not as our thoughts.
His methods are perfect and holy and should create in us a sincere AWE of Him in the truest sense of the word.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know you are.
I feel that I can say this too you and you will understand it better than someones else would.

embrace it bro. Take it and ruminate on it. Let it dig its claws in deep. Feel all that it has to offer.
And cry out to Him who alone is Holy. Rejoice in this opportunity for sanctification and purging by fire.
Sing songs of praise for His refining fire. Shout for joy because the gold must go through the fire and the dross must be brought to the surface in order for purity to be accomplished.
Find peace in knowing His suffering made possible an escape from our own.
Thank Him always for all things including the torment and the heartbreak. Thank Him always bro.
His ways are not our ways. His thoughts are not as our thoughts.
His methods are perfect and holy and should create in us a sincere AWE of Him in the truest sense of the word.
Thank you for reminding me. I try to bring peace and comfort....but not all seed lands on fertile soil. I guess the only way to know me, is to know my fruits.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Pain of the heart is my penance, and through trust and the willingness to embrace this penance cheerfully is what sustains me.......but.....SERIOUSLY GOD? Kidding aside....I do not pray for my own heart, but for those who break hearts....they are in more torment than I.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pain of the heart is my penance, and through trust and the willingness to embrace this penance cheerfully is what sustains me.......but.....SERIOUSLY GOD? Kidding aside....I do not pray for my own heart, but for those who break hearts....they are in more torment than I.
And I pray for your heart then :)
Cause your torment is every bit as real as any other person's.
And as you being His child, I am confident to say that your heart and your torment means something different to Him because He is your Father.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
One of my most favourite passages regarding TRUE love....a love that most do not identify with.

"Six days before the Passover Jesus came to Bethany, the home of Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. There they gave a dinner for him. Martha served, and Lazarus was one of those at the table with him.Mary took a pound of costly perfume made of pure nard, anointed Jesus’ feet, and wiped them with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (the one who was about to betray him), said, ‘Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and the money given to the poor?’ (He said this not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief; he kept the common purse and used to steal what was put into it.) Jesus said, ‘Leave her alone. She bought it so that she might keep it for the day of my burial. You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have me." - John 12:1-8

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oddly, I find it easier to love than 'like'.
I can love a person as my brother or sister in our Father's eyes, but am still free to not like them.
Unconditional love does not necessarily mean unconditionally condoning their actions or attitudes.
The line is either very fine or a mile wide- all depends on which side you're standing
My wife the witch (meant quite literally and not in any sort of negative manner) frequently tells me that she'll always love me, though there are plenty of times she doesn't like me...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This morning's Mass was very helpful to me. All things are reset and fixed and am now able to resume my focus on the Lord, and away from matters that distract! I am rapidly returning to my happy servant self! Thank you all for your prayers, I love you all more than you can know!! :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Many have asked me what the deal is with my voluntary Vow of Celibacy. Well the inspiration for that was also in today's second reading at Mass.

"The body is not meant for fornication: it is for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. God, who raised the Lord from the dead, will by his power raise us up too.
You know, surely, that your bodies are members making up the body of Christ; do you think I can take parts of Christ’s body and join them to the body of a prostitute? Never! But anyone who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
Keep away from fornication. All the other sins are committed outside the body; but to fornicate is to sin against your own body. Your body, you know, is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you since you received him from God. You are not your own property; you have been bought and paid for. That is why you should use your body for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 6:13-15, 17-20

For the sake of clarification. Fornication is described as "non Sacramental" sex.
This is my reason...your results may vary!

Pax Et Bonum

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But if you are married it's all good in the hood right?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Marriage is Sacramental. Sacramental lovemaking serves two purposes. Firstly is is the physical and outward manifestation of the Miracle spoken of in Mark 10:8 - "And they two shall be in one flesh. Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh.". Secondly, the Miracle of life created by God through the couple.
In short, sex outside of the Sacramental context is merely an objectifying act that satisfies the body, but not the soul...whereas sex WITHIN the context of the Sacrament of Marriage not only satisfies the body, but also the spirit in that that union of spirits is OF God through the intercession of the Holy Spirit.
Sex out of wedlock, whilst Mortal Sin, is a forgivable sin of the flesh and not to be considered a Blessing and not of the Spirit....those things of the world and not of the Spirit are fleeting, whilst all things Of the Spirit are eternal.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
St Francis Preaches To The Birds

This story marks the very beginning that Francis began his "career" of preaching. Prior to that, he was a man of prayer, but was at odds discerning as to if this was God's Plan for him. At last he asked fellow Friar Br Bernard and Clare of Assisi to pray for him and help him decide. In the course of a few days, they both returned and told him that it must be God's will that he preach. The very minute he heard this, the praised God and immediately went outside to deliver his very first sermon...........to a tree full of birds. Now I will confess that I have delivered a number of epic sermons to birds...squirrels....my cats...the occasional parked car........several to my car dashboard....etc.

Father Francis and his companions were making a trip through the Spoleto Valley near the town of Bevagna. Suddenly, Francis spotted a great number of birds of all varieties. There were doves, crows and all sorts of birds. Swept up in the moment, Francis left his friends in the road and ran after the birds, who patiently waited for him. He greeted them in his usual way, expecting them to scurry off into the air as he spoke. But they moved not.

Filled with awe, he asked them if they would stay awhile and listen to the Word of God. He said to them: “My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”

At this the birds began to spread their wings, stretch their necks and gaze at Francis, rejoicing and praising God in a wonderful way according to their nature. Francis then walked right through the middle of them, turned around and came back, touching their heads and bodies with his tunic.

Then he gave them his blessing, making the sign of the cross over them. At that they flew off and Francis, rejoicing and giving thanks to God, went on his way.

Later, Francis wondered aloud to his companions why he had never preached to birds before. And from that day on, Francis made it his habit to solicitously invoke all birds, all animals and reptiles to praise and love their Creator. And many times during Francis’ life there were remarkable events of Francis speaking to the animals. There was even a time when St. Francis quieted a flock of noisy birds that were interrupting a religious ceremony! Much to the wonder of all present, the birds remained quiet until Francis’ sermon was complete.

rJzzXxj.jpg

Pax Et Bonum

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A very important piece on why enjoying life is NOT a bad thing...as some denominations of faith would have you believe. Today we celebrate the Feast of St Wulstan.

St Wulstan (1008? - 1095)
He was born in Warwickshire. He became a Benedictine monk of the cathedral priory of Worcester, but in 1062 was appointed bishop, and was one of the few Anglo-Saxons to retain their high office after the Norman Conquest. He was renowned as a confessor, and for his care of the poor and the sick and for the high standards he demanded of his clergy.
In the Chapel of St Oliver Plunkett at Downside Abbey, a stained glass window depicts a less official story concerning Wulstan: that one day, whilst celebrating Mass, he was distracted by the smell of roast goose, which was wafted into the church from the neighbouring kitchen. He prayed that he might be delivered from the distraction and vowed that he would never eat meat again if his prayer were granted.
The modern world needs stories like this more than it realises. The watered-down puritanism that serves so many of us as a moral code today equates pleasure with evil – cream cakes, the advertisements tell us, are “naughty but nice”.. or even “wickedly delicious.” Messages like this are a libel on the name of God, who created the pleasures, and on his Son, whose first recorded public act was turning water into wine. There is nothing wicked about delicious food in itself, or in any other pleasant or beautiful thing. Let us enjoy God’s creation all we can and rejoice in its creator as we do so, and if, like Wulstan, we have to deprive ourselves of something for our spiritual or bodily health, then let us suffer our deprivation cheerfully, blaming the weakness in us that made it necessary. Let us never devalue our sacrifices by denigrating the things we sacrifice, or the sacrifice will be pointless. Let us remember what God did, day after day, as he was creating the world: he looked at it, and saw it, and behold: it was very good.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's quiet in here today my friend. I'm going to read these two stories hear is a second.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I tend to reference the founder of my Order....but who was this Francis of Assisi?

Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181.

In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd had his new son baptized Giovanni after John the Baptist. The last thing Pietro wanted in his son was a man of God -- he wanted a man of business, a cloth merchant like he was, and he especially wanted a son who would reflect his infatuation with France. So he renamed his son Francesco -- which is the equivalent of calling him Frenchman.

Francis enjoyed a very rich easy life growing up because of his father's wealth and the permissiveness of the times. From the beginning everyone -- and I mean everyone -- loved Francis. He was constantly happy, charming, and a born leader. If he was picky, people excused him. If he was ill, people took care of him. If he was so much of a dreamer he did poorly in school, no one minded. In many ways he was too easy to like for his own good. No one tried to control him or teach him.

As he grew up, Francis became the leader of a crowd of young people who spent their nights in wild parties. Thomas of Celano, his biographer who knew him well, said, "In other respects an exquisite youth, he attracted to himself a whole retinue of young people addicted to evil and accustomed to vice." Francis himself said, "I lived in sin" during that time.

Francis fulfilled every hope of Pietro's -- even falling in love with France. He loved the songs of France, the romance of France, and especially the free adventurous troubadours of France who wandered through Europe. And despite his dreaming, Francis was also good at business. But Francis wanted more..more than wealth. But not holiness! Francis wanted to be a noble, a knight. Battle was the best place to win the glory and prestige he longed for. He got his first chance when Assisi declared war on their longtime enemy, the nearby town of Perugia.

Most of the troops from Assisi were butchered in the fight. Only those wealthy enough to expect to be ransomed were taken prisoner. At last Francis was among the nobility like he always wanted to be...but chained in a harsh, dark dungeon. All accounts say that he never lost his happy manner in that horrible place. Finally, after a year in the dungeon, he was ransomed. Strangely, the experience didn't seem to change him. He gave himself to partying with as much joy and abandon as he had before the battle.

The experience didn't change what he wanted from life either: Glory. Finally a call for knights for the Fourth Crusade gave him a chance for his dream. But before he left Francis had to have a suit of armor and a horse -- no problem for the son of a wealthy father. And not just any suit of armor would do but one decorated with gold with a magnificent cloak. Any relief we feel in hearing that Francis gave the cloak to a poor knight will be destroyed by the boasts that Francis left behind that he would return a prince.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
But Francis never got farther than one day's ride from Assisi. There he had a dream in which God told him he had it all wrong and told him to return home. And return home he did. What must it have been like to return without ever making it to battle -- the boy who wanted nothing more than to be liked was humiliated, laughed at, called a coward by the village and raged at by his father for the money wasted on armor.

Francis' conversion did not happen over night. God had waited for him for twenty-five years and now it was Francis' turn to wait. Francis started to spend more time in prayer. He went off to a cave and wept for his sins. Sometimes God's grace overwhelmed him with joy. But life couldn't just stop for God. There was a business to run, customers to wait on.

One day while riding through the countryside, Francis, the man who loved beauty, who was so picky about food, who hated deformity, came face to face with a leper. Repelled by the appearance and the smell of the leper, Francis nevertheless jumped down from his horse and kissed the hand of the leper. When his kiss of peace was returned, Francis was filled with joy. As he rode off, he turned around for a last wave, and saw that the leper had disappeared. He always looked upon it as a test from God...that he had passed.

His search for conversion led him to the ancient church at San Damiano. While he was praying there, he heard Christ on the crucifix speak to him, "Francis, repair my church." Francis assumed this meant church with a small c -- the crumbling building he was in. Acting again in his impetuous way, he took fabric from his father's shop and sold it to get money to repair the church. His father saw this as an act of theft -- and put together with Francis' cowardice, waste of money, and his growing disinterest in money made Francis seem more like a madman than his son. Pietro dragged Francis before the bishopand in front of the whole town demanded that Francis return the money and renounce all rights as his heir.

The bishop was very kind to Francis; he told him to return the money and said God would provide. That was all Francis needed to hear. He not only gave back the money but stripped off all his clothes -- the clothes his father had given him -- until he was wearing only a hair shirt. In front of the crowd that had gathered he said, "Pietro Bernardone is no longer my father. From now on I can say with complete freedom, 'Our Father who art in heaven.'" Wearing nothing but castoff rags, he went off into the freezing woods -- singing. And when robbers beat him later and took his clothes, he climbed out of the ditch and went off singing again. From then on Francis had nothing...and everything.

Francis went back to what he considered God's call. He begged for stones and rebuilt the San Damiano church with his own hands, not realizing that it was the Church with a capital C that God wanted repaired. Scandal and avarice were working on the Church from the inside while outside heresies flourished by appealing to those longing for something different or adventurous.

Soon Francis started to preach. (He was never a priest, though he was later ordained a deacon under his protest.) Francis was not a reformer; he preached about returning to God and obedience to the Church. Francis must have known about the decay in the Church, but he always showed the Church and its people his utmost respect. When someone told him of a priest living openly with a woman and asked him if that meant the Mass was polluted, Francis went to the priest, knelt before him, and kissed his hands -- because those hands had held God.

Slowly companions came to Francis, people who wanted to follow his life of sleeping in the open, begging for garbage to eat...and loving God. With companions, Francis knew he now had to have some kind of direction to this life so he opened the Bible in three places. He read the command to the rich young man to sell all his good and give to the poor, the order to the apostles to take nothing on their journey, and the demand to take up the cross daily. "Here is our rule," Francis said -- as simple, and as seemingly impossible, as that. He was going to do what no one thought possible any more -- live by the Gospel. Francis took these commands so literally that he made one brother run after the thief who stolehis hood and offer him his robe!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Francis never wanted to found a religious order -- this former knight thought that sounded too military. He thought of what he was doing as expressing God's brotherhood. His companions came from all walks of life, from fields and towns, nobility and common people, universities, the Church, and the merchant class. Francis practiced true equality by showing honor, respect, and love to every personwhether they were beggar or pope.

Francis' brotherhood included all of God's creation. Much has been written about Francis' love of naturebut his relationship was deeper than that. We call someone a lover of nature if they spend their free timein the woods or admire its beauty. But Francis really felt that nature, all God's creations, were part of his brotherhood. The sparrow was as much his brother as the pope.

Following the Gospel literally, Francis and his companions went out to preach two by two. At first, listeners were understandably hostile to these men in rags trying to talk about God's love. People even ran from them for fear they'd catch this strange madness! And they were right. Because soon these same people noticed that these barefoot beggars wearing sacks seemed filled with constant joy. They celebrated life. And people had to ask themselves: Could one own nothing and be happy? Soon those who had met them with mud and rocks, greeted them with bells and smiles.

Francis did not try to abolish poverty, he tried to make it holy. When his friars met someone poorer than they, they would eagerly rip off the sleeve of their habit to give to the person. They worked for all necessities and only begged if they had to. But Francis would not let them accept any money. He told them to treat coins as if they were pebbles in the road. When the bishop showed horror at the friars' hard life, Francis said, "If we had any possessions we should need weapons and laws to defend them." Possessing something was the death of love for Francis. Also, Francis reasoned, what could you do to a man who owns nothing? You can't starve a fasting man, you can't steal from someone who has no money, you can't ruin someone who hates prestige. They were truly free.

Francis was a man of action. His simplicity of life extended to ideas and deeds. If there was a simple way, no matter how impossible it seemed, Francis would take it. So when Francis wanted approval for his brotherhood, he went straight to Rome to see Pope Innocent III. You can imagine what the pope thought when this beggar approached him! As a matter of fact he threw Francis out. But when he had a dream that this tiny man in rags held up the tilting Lateran basilica, he quickly called Francis back and gave him permission to preach.

Sometimes this direct approach led to mistakes that he corrected with the same spontaneity that he made them. Once he ordered a brother who hesitated to speak because he stuttered to go preach half-naked. When Francis realized how he had hurt someone he loved he ran to town, stopped the brother, took off his own clothes, and preached instead.

Francis acted quickly because he acted from the heart; he didn't have time to put on a role. Once he was so sick and exhausted, his companions borrowed a mule for him to ride. When the man who owned the mule recognized Francis he said, "Try to be as virtuous as everyone thinks you are because many have a lot of confidence in you." Francis dropped off the mule and knelt before the man to thank him for his advice.

Another example of his directness came when he decided to go to Syria to convert the Moslems while the Fifth Crusade was being fought. In the middle of a battle, Francis decided to do the simplest thing and go straight to the sultan to make peace. When he and his companion were captured, the real miraclewas that they weren't killed. Instead Francis was taken to the sultan who was charmed by Francis and his preaching. He told Francis, "I would convert to your religion which is a beautiful one -- but both of us would be murdered."

Francis did find persecution and martyrdom of a kind -- not among the Moslems, but among his own brothers. When he returned to Italy, he came back to a brotherhood that had grown to 5000 in ten years. Pressure came from outside to control this great movement, to make them conform to the standards of others. His dream of radical poverty was too harsh, people said. Francis responded, "Lord, didn't I tell you they wouldn't trust you?"
He finally gave up authority in his order -- but he probably wasn't too upset about it. Now he was just another brother, like he'd always wanted.

Francis' final years were filled with suffering as well as humiliation. Praying to share in Christ's passion he had a vision received the stigmata, the marks of the nails and the lance wound that Christ suffered, in his own body.

Years of poverty and wandering had made Francis ill. When he began to go blind, the pope ordered that his eyes be operated on. This meant cauterizing his face with a hot iron. Francis spoke to "Brother Fire": "Brother Fire, the Most High has made you strong and beautiful and useful. Be courteous to me now in this hour, for I have always loved you, and temper your heat so that I can endure it." And Francis reported that Brother Fire had been so kind that he felt nothing at all.

How did Francis respond to blindness and suffering? That was when he wrote his beautiful Canticle of the Sun that expresses his brotherhood with creation in praising God.

Francis never recovered from this illness. He died on October 4, 1226 at the age of 45. Francis is considered the founder of all Franciscan orders and the patron saint of ecologists and merchants.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Shew did you type all of that torself
The brief bio was courtesy of a Catholic resource I use online. The story of the Birds and the Wolf were from "Little Flowers of St Francis", but retold from muh brainz. I have recounted those stories SO many times....in SO many sermons.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The brief bio was courtesy of a Catholic resource I use online. The story of the Birds and the Wolf were from "Little Flowers of St Francis", but retold from muh brainz. I have recounted those stories SO many times....in SO many sermons.
Well brilliant job my friend

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." - Mathew 11:28 <<<so very true.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My hip has decided to cooperate so I went back to work Sunday. I may not have time to post but I am keeping up.
Thanks for the retelling of the story of Francis.
Have a Blessed day, my friends

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My hip has decided to cooperate so I went back to work Sunday. I may not have time to post but I am keeping up.
Thanks for the retelling of the story of Francis.
Have a Blessed day, my friends
You too my brother! I am happy to hear that your hip is playing nicely.

jamieg71

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I second what adk said. Glad you kept going with it Franny. Your testimony moved me, I get caught up by my own past it was good to see the courage you displayed. Makes me think that maybe I'll find the balls one day to give my testimony. I'm not Catholic but I've considered going to give confession but that thought scares me too. Probably burst to flame upon entering the church.
Any woo, just felt the need to express my appreciation to you and everyone that's participated here. Its amazing how we can find a thing we didn't know we were looking for in a place one would never expect it. I really can't comprehend how I've been so blessed, amazing really.
Thanks

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I second what adk said. Glad you kept going with it Franny. Your testimony moved me, I get caught up by my own past it was good to see the courage you displayed. Makes me think that maybe I'll find the balls one day to give my testimony. I'm not Catholic but I've considered going to give confession but that thought scares me too. Probably burst to flame upon entering the church.
Any woo, just felt the need to express my appreciation to you and everyone that's participated here. Its amazing how we can find a thing we didn't know we were looking for in a place one would never expect it. I really can't comprehend how I've been so blessed, amazing really.
Thanks
Good bedtime prayer:

Act of Contrition (Modern)
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good,
I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things.
I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more,
and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.
Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us.
In His name, my God, have mercy.
Amen.

VU Sponsors