Become a Patron!

FrankenMod Planz - is this the right forum?

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
I am getting my hands on a few different mods with internal batteries. All regulated with some kind of board or another. Would it be pretty straight forward to update these to use with a 18650/2x700 battery sled? I realize a new enclosure would have to be built, and that would be the fun part. I was thinking some kind of coil tester that could double as a DripStation with an RDA for taste tests/reviews. Anyone done something like this before with any advice?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am getting my hands on a few different mods with internal batteries. All regulated with some kind of board or another. Would it be pretty straight forward to update these to use with a 18650/2x700 battery sled? I realize a new enclosure would have to be built, and that would be the fun part. I was thinking some kind of coil tester that could double as a DripStation with an RDA for taste tests/reviews. Anyone done something like this before with any advice?
As long as the board is rated for the voltage of the cylindrical liion batteries we use and the physical connections can handle the current, I don't see why it wouldn't work electronically. However, I wouldn't send series voltage into a board rated for a single battery.

I'm kinda making semi educated guesses here.

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I will be making sure I understand the specs on the original power source before trying to run them off batteries. I was also thinking it would make sense to run them parallel. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors