Become a Patron!
I have purchased one. It has hex grub screws on it, which is kind of weird. Because, on every photo and review I watched, it has philips head screws on it. Is that normal? Did Cigreen change the screws or I just got screwed with a clone instead of authentic? Thanks.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Allens are better......
Most modern atties use hex grubs. Screws are old school and mostly used in wrap on post applications only.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most modern atties use hex grubs. Screws are old school and mostly used in wrap on post applications only.

Not necessarily.
Goon, Pharaoh, limitless 24 RDA, Shuriken and many others still use screws.

Basically every RDA the uses a clamp style deck.

I guess you got me wrong. I'm not concerned about the style of screw heads, actually for me hex grub screws are better than philips head screws. The questions is, is my RDA authentic? Did Cigreen change screws on Gear RDA, or I bought a clone?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not necessarily.
Goon, Pharaoh, limitless 24 RDA, Shuriken and many others still use screws.

Basically every RDA the uses a clamp style deck.
I forgot about the clamp mounts... as they are pretty new to me. And mostly of no intrest.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess you got me wrong. I'm not concerned about the style of screw heads, actually for me hex grub screws are better than philips head screws. The questions is, is my RDA authentic? Did Cigreen change screws on Gear RDA, or I bought a clone?
Where did you buy it.... what did the box and or description say?

Where did you buy it.... what did the box and or description say?

According to unboxing reviews on youtube, the box is identical with authentic version. It doesn't include instructions, neither do the authentic ones on youtube. Everything pretty much seems okay with the box, design, posts and etc. The only concern is about screws. Maybe cigreen changed them. Hopefully...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The description the seller used to advertise the mod may tell you if it is a clone or not..... was the word STYLE used. Was it an online or BM seller.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Youtube'ers get pre-production models often and manufacturers change screws between production runs often. Having different screws than what you see in videos doesn't mean anything. Very possibly they just upgraded the screws at some point and you got the better option.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have purchased one. It has hex grub screws on it, which is kind of weird. Because, on every photo and review I watched, it has philips head screws on it. Is that normal? Did Cigreen change the screws or I just got screwed with a clone instead of authentic? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure mine has hex screws. i can double check later. hex is much better then phillips IMO anyway
also IDK why anyone would clone a 20 dollar RDA that isn't popular. personally I love mine though.
I'd check the site you got it from personally. most sites label clones clearly

VU Sponsors