Become a Patron!

Goblin mini help

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey folks.. I saw a Goblin mini at a local shop yesterday and did your basic impulse buy. First let me say that this is the V1 style I think. It might have the smallest deck ever. Anyhow I'm on my second build because the first attempt went fine at first but I had it so tight that I wasn't getting great airflow. Then I noticed it was leaking a bit. So I tore that build out in frustration and did a 26g .5 build that vapes fantastically but also leaks a bit. Love the taste of this little tank but what am I missing on leakage?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to say Huck. Seems like the fill port to me. Which I just backed out and torqued down some.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm... Maybe that's the issue. Just vaped on it some more since backing the fill screw out and back and it seems ok. Is leaking from those two areas the majority of the issues reported? Any better fixes?

I just got the goblin mini v2 and I am getting a major leaking problem as well... I'm getting a few excellent hits, then all of a sudden on my 5th or 6th hit, it starts sucking up major juice, which eventually leaks out the bottom and floods everywhere. Why is this happening?

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno about the V2. Pretty sure this one is V1. I also think Huck was dead on about those 2 areas. AFC or fill port/screw. The why of it I can't say yet.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm just guessing because those seem to be the only 2 places it could leak from, unless the tank isn't tightened down enough. Could it be not enough wicking? Too short? If you're not getting dry hits, I wouldn't think it'd be too short, so just tossed that out there. I'm not getting any leaking with mine and I even lost the oring that goes on the screw for the screw fill. I just make sure that is always snug. When I wick, it's barely past the build deck placed at the juice flow.

With the v2, I dont' really know, since it's a top fill. Some top fill tanks have a reputation of leaking if the AFC isn't closed off when you fill. I've had that happen with other tanks.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used the Grimm Green wicking method that he has a video showing. Which is to say leave the wicks long and trim to the top of the deck wall after screwing it back on. Then tuck the wick into the juice port. Yay or nay on that method?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't tried that one exactly, but I know the video. Since you tightened the screw is it leaking again?

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not yet. But currently I'm only putting it on a mod when I'm ready to vape. Don't trust it yet. Lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not yet. But currently I'm only putting it on a mod when I'm ready to vape. Don't trust it yet. Lol

LOL I understand. Keep an eye on it, I suppose. It took me a while to get the wicking right, but I've gotten more used to it in time.

I wish I knew more about the v2. Maybe @Shark Vape or @Brewbear or @CJ would be more help with that one.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, as always, for the quick response. I'm sure this has been talked to death here. When I got on the laptop here in a few I will search and read up on here. I really want to love the Goblin mini. Taste is fantastic.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you, as always, for the quick response. I'm sure this has been talked to death here. When I got on the laptop here in a few I will search and read up on here. I really want to love the Goblin mini. Taste is fantastic.

That's exactly how I felt!! Now I love it. I had to step away from it for a bit... frustration with it died down, picked it back up gave it a shot and I fell in love all over again.

Thanks Shark. I guess good wicking for RTA's are learned with experience :)
I have been using a RDA for the past year, but wanted to get into tanks because they are becoming so well evolved.
Do you recommend a good build and device wattage, for maximum vapor and flavor?

F

fckaugust8th

Kinda' late, but here I am! Ti , well I had double coils in the Gob Mini v1 for about 5 min. then tosses the suckers and went with SS 28g. Unlike @Shark Vape , I kept it on the high side of sub-ohming. The coil resistance is entirely up to you, personally I prefer a cooler vape, just short of warm. The easiest way to tell V1 from V2, the V2 is top fill and the bottom air flow toggle is double (on both sides of the tank). Wicking....well...I started using the scottish roll wicking, it seems to absorb more fluid and in my mind it is another little anti-leaking step. The way I wick is pretty simple: I pull the wick thru the coil, it is really snug - you sort of need it that way for scottish roll, at least that was the way the YT video said it should be. Trim it to about the lower edge of the deck threads. Split each wick side horizontally, roughly 1/3-2/3 and put the lower (1/3) into the wicking channel. The remaining 2/3 fluff it upwards, put the shroud, make sure: 1. the coils don't touch the shroud and 2. no cotton is caught in the threads. If all is nice and clean, fold down the fluffy 2/3 of the wick and gently place it over the 1/3 in the juice channel. That's about it.
My feeling is that most, if not all bottom air flow tanks will have some fluid on the bottom but it is more condensation rather than leaking. If the leaf is "fast and furious" then most probably it is the fill screw or the wicking. My preference for the scottish roll is because the cotton seems to swell up more than in regular wicks. YMMV

F

fckaugust8th

Actually, it is the opposite. I was able to take 6 extra hits from the Goblin Mini when there was no juice at all visible in the tank.

F

fckaugust8th

The make-up japanese cotton pads are the less expensive way to get these things, the ones sold by vape supply places are the same only they are re-purposed.
P.S. If you bought a tank lately, most of them come with one or two pads of japanese cotton.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The make-up japanese cotton pads are the less expensive way to get these things, the ones sold by vape supply places are the same only they are re-purposed.
True. I got 5 feet of rayon in a pif box I participated in over 1.5 years ago. I still have over 2 feet of it.

I would say Nay. The V2 has much larger juice channels.
The cotton should be tight in the coils and cut slightly longer that the V1.
Tuck the wick ends down into the channels about a mm.
Finally, I got it to vape without leaking!! Really liking the GMv2 now lol The wicking really takes experience, but once I figured out how to "tuck the wick ends in the channels", as Shark suggested, its working perfectly!

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well....I'm still trying to "sort it out". I'm gonna try the scottish roll wick method if I can find some OC pads locally. Otherwise I guess I'll order some from Amazon or something. Mine still leaks a bit but not as bad. Lately it seems to be leaking a little from the pin? Still like the Goblin but I kind of want to smack it around some. lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well....I'm still trying to "sort it out". I'm gonna try the scottish roll wick method if I can find some OC pads locally. Otherwise I guess I'll order some from Amazon or something. Mine still leaks a bit but not as bad. Lately it seems to be leaking a little from the pin? Still like the Goblin but I kind of want to smack it around some. lol
Should be able to find OC in a make up dept, either at a department store or even a pharmacy. I've seen OC squares at Walgreen's for that matter, but not sure how different it is. I've been using rayon going on 2 years.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The oddly made up "gent" at the Sephora area at Penny's looked at me rather strangely when I mentioned that I wanted to use Ko Gen Do pads for wicking. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The oddly made up "gent" at the Sephora area at Penny's looked at me rather strangely when I mentioned that I wanted to use Ko Gen Do pads for wicking. :)
Oh yeah, we have one like that at the Sephora store here. I totally forgot about that place. I rarely go there but they carry a perfume I like.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They were out. And so far the other one I tried was as well. The Sephora site says they carry the 60 count. But I've yet to find them.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Amazon carries it but I couldn't find a US shipper unless you look in the "other sellers".

F

fckaugust8th

Keep me in mind if you wanna part ways, lol
I don't mind parting ways with the big rayon box but I think it'll cost more to ship the bulky item than it is worth. I can put a few yards of it in a box or big envelope and send it to you.

F

fckaugust8th

I asked my wife to get me one bag when she went to Northstrom, she bought 2, said she didn't want to bother again with the "funny" man at that counter. I told her I may go there....make a friend:confused:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't mind parting ways with the big rayon box but I think it'll cost more to ship the bulky item than it is worth. I can put a few yards of it in a box or big envelope and send it to you.
Right, I bet that sucker would cost a mint to ship and weighs next to nothing. I'll swap ya a naked kabuki.

F

fckaugust8th

You're too kind, please PM me where to send it, I'm going ti the Post office in the morning.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Found a single Koga pad at the bottom of my bag that I use for my rebuilding stuff. Stretched it out and did a modified Scottish roll wick job on the Goblin. No leaking so far and vaping nicely!

F

fckaugust8th

If you have a beauty supply store close, you might give them a try for japanese cotton pads.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell I'll just use one of those links above that you folks provided and get the 140 count Muji pads for under $10 shipped. Rather than driving all over creation looking for them locally. Lol

F

fckaugust8th

You'll probably spend more on gas driving around than buying them on-line.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed. And thanks for all help in this thread. You folks are the bestest. Well... I say this right after reading some troll wars over in the regulated mods area. Heh....

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My Goblin Mini v2 was built once and just sits now, it leaks for me almost constantly, regardless of how I wick it.. sad days

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good deal... I thought eBay links couldn't be posted...
I figured out a way that worked.

tumblr_lx6x357cgq1qzydh2o2_250.gif

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
54ecf2af4f8158079665819d74eb4c28.jpg

MUJI! (don't know if that attach will work but yeah I just got a ton of Muji in the mail)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did a trade for a Goblin Mini v2 earlier in the week and got it today. I'm enjoying it a lot! So far, I've found it to be very similar to the v1, aside from top fill.

VU Sponsors