Member For 4 Years
ON MY WAY TO
MAR A LA GOO
a76c41500f8799d4bbc59b3451d63492.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"If the numbers drop,” Rep. Mike Burgess (R-TX) said Thursday at the Conservative Political Action Conference, “I would say that’s a good thing.” He went on to argue that more people without health care would be a positive thing for the United States because it would mean that “we’ve restored personal liberty in this country"

https://thinkprogress.org/gop-congr...rance-is-a-good-thing-12c09e9570ff#.cu3wkcgo2

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As much as I dislike trump and his entire administration, I still believe this Russia thing is being blown way out of proportion. I think at the end of the day, the extent of it is trump look out for his friends business interest. After all, Russia just surpassed Saudi in gas production.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As much as I dislike trump and his entire administration, I still believe this Russia thing is being blown way out of proportion. I think at the end of the day, the extent of it is trump look out for his friends business interest. After all, Russia just surpassed Saudi in gas production.

GAS OR OIL?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The USA could surpass the globe put together in a matter of weeks.
Thankfully we don't.
When everyone is tapped dry we will still have plenty to use.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do you all think the former CEO of exon mobile is the SOS?
You stupid if you believe he's doing it for the American people!
Please!!! Like what Freemind said
LOOTING TIME!!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/3LbQRho

We're not asking for free higher education. We're asking for affordable higher education.
True, but like anything else in high demand, it costs more because people want/demand it. Supply/demand.

What ever happened to the days that many people were satisfied with getting their hands dirty and making a living.

Todays it seems everyone feels entitled to some desk job. If everyone was a doctor or a lawyer, some doctors and lawyers would be bagging groceries.

Which is EXACTLY the situation we have today. Too many college graduates that don't work in their field of study, because there are NO JOBS there.

If every person didn't dream big and think college was the end all answer, then we would actually be growing the economy. Everyone today thinks they need some easy/clean desk job and 100K a year starting out. People scoff at learning a skill and becoming a tradesman/craftsman at their line of work. The idea of getting good at something and starting your own business, is lost on most people.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
True, but like anything else in high demand, it costs more because people want/demand it. Supply/demand.

What ever happened to the days that many people were satisfied with getting their hands dirty and making a living.

Todays it seems everyone feels entitled to some desk job. If everyone was a doctor or a lawyer, some doctors and lawyers would be bagging groceries.

Which is EXACTLY the situation we have today. Too many college graduates that don't work in their field of study, because there are NO JOBS there.

If every person didn't dream big and think college was the end all answer, then we would actually be growing the economy. Everyone today thinks they need some easy/clean desk job and 100K a year starting out. People scoff at learning a skill and becoming a tradesman/craftsman at their line of work. The idea of getting good at something and starting your own business, is lost on most people.
I don't know dude.... I say lack of jobs in general.
I was a chef and a truckdriver before I got hurt.
Now, I have 2 college degrees in electrical engineering and experience building robotic systems. I Couldn't find an EE job. Thankfully before I drove the truck I had ten years as a lic private investigator, So, I'm back to doing that again.

The education isn't the answer alone; but, there is a severe lack of available jobs.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think so too...
Too many schools
Not enough jobs..
Why do you all think
I wipe ass for living...
Shit!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know dude.... I say lack of jobs in general.
I was a chef and a truckdriver before I got hurt.
Now, I have 2 college degrees in electrical engineering and experience building robotic systems. I Couldn't find an EE job. Thankfully before I drove the truck I had ten years as a lic private investigator, So, I'm back to doing that again.

The education isn't the answer alone; but, there is a severe lack of available jobs.

True. Jobs like trucking and nursing are in HIGH demand everywhere. However, they are jobs that most people feel are "below" them. They don't want to get dirty. They want office jobs.

Because we don't have a workforce that will do skilled labor work, or wants to do it, that's part of the reason manufacturing leaves the country.

In my own little corner of the US, that is one challenge that employers face today. Finding good workers to fill open positions. The local bakery for McDonald's buns pays 15 bucks an hour to start, and they are constantly looking for people to fill positions. No one wants to get dirty, sweaty, or work overtime. A local bolt factory, same issue. 15 bucks an hour to start, and 22 bucks an hour top pay. 2000 a year attendance bonus, and all the other typical benefit offerings.

No one wants to "work". They just want to sit in an office and talk all day. Show up whenever they feel like, and get a HUGE paycheck. People are unrealistic and lazy. While those people stand around and whine about student loans and there is no work, I'm making bank.

So there is work out there, it's just not maybe in their field of study. Which begs the question, why invest in college, unless there is a job waiting for you?

Most employers offer education assistance. If you want a certain type of job, why not get in the bottom floor of the type of job you want, get the employer to pay for part of your education, and then get the job? Seems backwards to me, to get the education BEFORE you know if there is even a job out there for you anyway.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
True. Jobs like trucking and nursing are in HIGH demand everywhere. However, they are jobs that most people feel are "below" them. They don't want to get dirty. They want office jobs.

Because we don't have a workforce that will do skilled labor work, or wants to do it, that's part of the reason manufacturing leaves the country.

In my own little corner of the US, that is one challenge that employers face today. Finding good workers to fill open positions. The local bakery for McDonald's buns pays 15 bucks an hour to start, and they are constantly looking for people to fill positions. No one wants to get dirty, sweaty, or work overtime. A local bolt factory, same issue. 15 bucks an hour to start, and 22 bucks an hour top pay. 2000 a year attendance bonus, and all the other typical benefit offerings.

No one wants to "work". They just want to sit in an office and talk all day. Show up whenever they feel like, and get a HUGE paycheck. People are unrealistic and lazy. While those people stand around and whine about student loans and there is no work, I'm making bank.

So there is work out there, it's just not maybe in their field of study. Which begs the question, why invest in college, unless there is a job waiting for you?

Most employers offer education assistance. If you want a certain type of job, why not get in the bottom floor of the type of job you want, get the employer to pay for part of your education, and then get the job? Seems backwards to me, to get the education BEFORE you know if there is even a job out there for you anyway.
Well, investing in college is something that some people are brought up to believe in.

In my case, my dad who is a PhD software engineer, preached it growing up. He didn't finish himself until I was 8 years old. So, when we(siblings and I) graduated from highschool there was no question, we tried college.

I left after a few years, my oldest sister finished with a master's in computer science and my little sister got her bachelors.

Interesting though that you said nursing. My little sister tried nursing school and couldn't get in because of the wait list.
It took her three years, applying to 4 schools to finally get in. And she had a 3.9gpa from her undergraduate.

That field is highly competitive in some areas. The EE program I went through was another competitive program, I had to have a 4.0 GPA to get in. My freshman class had 15 students selected out of 150+ applicants.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
When you have a ton of college kids majoring in shit like liberal arts & social sciences no wonder they can't find jobs.
They just spent 4 years learning a useless skill that has no employment potential

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When you have a ton of college kids majoring in shit like liberal arts & social sciences no wonder they can't find jobs.
They just spent 4 years learning a useless skill that has no employment potential
^^^that right there!!^^^

I had a friend that took a credited class on the movies of Harrison Ford.

WTF!!! Liberal arts degree.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, investing in college is something that some people are brought up to believe in.

In my case, my dad who is a PhD software engineer, preached it growing up. He didn't finish himself until I was 8 years old. So, when we(siblings and I) graduated from highschool there was no question, we tried college.

I left after a few years, my oldest sister finished with a master's in computer science and my little sister got her bachelors.

Interesting though that you said nursing. My little sister tried nursing school and couldn't get in because of the wait list.
It took her three years, applying to 4 schools to finally get in. And she had a 3.9gpa from her undergraduate.

That field is highly competitive in some areas. The EE program I went through was another competitive program, I had to have a 4.0 GPA to get in. My freshman class had 15 students selected out of 150+ applicants.

That just goes to show, just because you WANT to be something, doesn't mean everyone CAN be.

My family pumped the same shit in my head. You HAVE to go to college. I didn't because I saw the trap college was. I knew many people that had success in life, without a college education. I became one of them. I did so because I wanted to, and accepted that my road would be no easier than that of the college grad. I just didn't have to pay back student loans to feel I had been successful at something.

I've ALWAYS been a hands on person. I work well with my hands, as God gave them to me. Cooped up in an office isn't for me, and I didn't buy the hype.

Nothing wrong with college as a plan in life. However, there just never will be more college jobs than "dirty" jobs. People have to relook their expectations in life.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That just goes to show, just because you WANT to be something, doesn't mean everyone CAN be.

My family pumped the same shit in my head. You HAVE to go to college. I didn't because I saw the trap college was. I knew many people that had success in life, without a college education. I became one of them. I did so because I wanted to, and accepted that my road would be no easier than that of the college grad. I just didn't have to pay back student loans to feel I had been successful at something.

I've ALWAYS been a hands on person. I work well with my hands, as God gave them to me. Cooped up in an office isn't for me, and I didn't buy the hype.

Nothing wrong with college as a plan in life. However, there just never will be more college jobs than "dirty" jobs. People have to relook their expectations in life.
And that's just it right there. A good friend of mine went to trade school for plumbing, another to be a mechanic.

Unfortunately some want to be a nurse and have to fight like my sis did.
Thankfully she doesnt mind the 60k with of student loans it's gonna take.
There in lies a major problem, imho

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit
The waiting list here in
ORANGE COUNTY IS 3-4 years
La county is 1-2 years lol...

UC IRVINE MED CENTER will not hire you if you don't have bachelors degree IN NURSING, because of the "magnet" STATUS...
They told RNS to get their BSN or else!!
Everybody went back to school to get those 3 letters added
after their names...
it's $30 k btw

HERES THE FUCKED UP THING!

This year UC IRVINE MEDICAL CENTER WILL NOT RENEW MAGNET STATUS! YES!! I know!!

Schools here used to offer
LVN TO RN AA program..
They don't anymore!! Fuck em!!
What they have now is
LVN TO BSN PROGRAM $85k -$135k fast phase program 3years!

UC IRVINE BSN PROGRAM IS
5 years -$28k per year.. FUCK THAT!

My neighbor collect water bottles from
3am to 5pm
Sunday to Friday
Owns his house (paid off)
Owns 3 pick up trucks
STUDENT LOAN FREE...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

LOL...
My co workers daughter wants to MAJOR IN ARTS...‍♂️

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Social sciences isn't too bad, can get plenty of jobs as a social worker, but most never make more than 30-40k a year. Not a terrible income but other 4 year degrees can get a lot more

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Shit
The waiting list here in
ORANGE COUNTY IS 3-4 years
La county is 1-2 years lol...

UC IRVINE MED CENTER will not hire you if you don't have bachelors degree IN NURSING, because of the "magnet" STATUS...
They told RNS to get their BSN or else!!
Everybody went back to school to get those 3 letters added
after their names...
it's $30 k btw

HERES THE FUCKED UP THING!

This year UC IRVINE MEDICAL CENTER WILL NOT RENEW MAGNET STATUS! YES!! I know!!

Schools here used to offer
LVN TO RN AA program..
They don't anymore!! Fuck em!!
What they have now is
LVN TO BSN PROGRAM $85k -$135k fast phase program 3years!

UC IRVINE BSN PROGRAM IS
5 years -$28k per year.. FUCK THAT!

My neighbor collect water bottles from
3am to 5pm
Sunday to Friday
Owns his house (paid off)
Owns 3 pick up trucks
STUDENT LOAN FREE...

It's moving that way in Louisiana as well.
They also made physics therapy a PhD field, instead of masters.
So now PTAs can treat patients under the direct supervision of a PTPHD. They are trying to do the same OT.
It really sucks for those that were working on their masters, expecting to be able to treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors