GOVERNMENT WATCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
go into politics, great healthcare, short hours, and nice early retirement package.

Actually I know people that drive school buses just to get the health insurance for their families.
In rural america the govt jobs are the only ones with good benefits.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's moving that way in Louisiana as well.
They also made physics therapy a PhD field, instead of masters.
So now PTAs can treat patients under the direct supervision of a PTPHD. They are trying to do the same OT.
It really sucks for those that were working on their masters, expecting to be able to treat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Same with
PHARMACIST...
10 years of total school to get Phd
Then make 90k at Walgreens
That's the most underpaid medical career ever!
RN WORKS 3x12hours shifts, base pay is 90k
LVNs makes 60k base pay...1 year school

Pt/OT phd makes 80k base pay 8-10 years school
5 days a week
Pta makes 50k 5 days a week 2 years school
Cnas makes $42 base pay 3x12 shifts per week, six months program
The moral of the story
Wiping ass pays more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fabfe9ca45003de6c9a4b2707176f8b3.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Being from mAssachusetts: At one point out beloved ex-Governor Romney (GAG!) was doing a press thing, announcing some new big thing they were doing with the transit system. They did his photo op in the subway and it would have gone pretty good except Mitty didn't understand you actually had to PAY to get through the turnstiles to the subway platform. He just stood there befuddled, not understanding why he couldn't make the turny thing turn until one of his aides finally bailed him out with a subway token. :facepalm: :slowclap:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do realize that the Emancipation Proclamation ONLY freed slaves in the South don't ya?
North still could have slaves.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DEMOCRATS VS REPUBLICANS?
FAKE NEWS!!

The GOVERNMENT VS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!

That's the argument!!

Doesn't matter who's in POWER
They all there to LOOT,LIE,LOOT, LIE!

Republicans are too obvious!
Democrats are too obvious

That's why the fuckers that represents us don't GENUINELY REPRESENTS TAX PAYERS...

They play YOU
They play ME
THEY PLAY ALL AMERICANS!!

Wake the fuck up!!

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
DEMOCRATS VS REPUBLICANS?
FAKE NEWS!!

The GOVERNMENT VS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!

That's the argument!!

Doesn't matter who's in POWER
They all there to LOOT,LIE,LOOT, LIE!

Republicans are too obvious!
Democrats are too obvious
Democrats are marginally worse.

That's why the fuckers that represents us don't GENUINELY REPRESENTS TAX PAYERS...
The moment you're willing to grant the government the power to tax, you must accept that it will corrupt.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True. Jobs like trucking and nursing are in HIGH demand everywhere. However, they are jobs that most people feel are "below" them. They don't want to get dirty. They want office jobs.

Because we don't have a workforce that will do skilled labor work, or wants to do it, that's part of the reason manufacturing leaves the country.

In my own little corner of the US, that is one challenge that employers face today. Finding good workers to fill open positions. The local bakery for McDonald's buns pays 15 bucks an hour to start, and they are constantly looking for people to fill positions. No one wants to get dirty, sweaty, or work overtime. A local bolt factory, same issue. 15 bucks an hour to start, and 22 bucks an hour top pay. 2000 a year attendance bonus, and all the other typical benefit offerings.

No one wants to "work". They just want to sit in an office and talk all day. Show up whenever they feel like, and get a HUGE paycheck. People are unrealistic and lazy. While those people stand around and whine about student loans and there is no work, I'm making bank.

So there is work out there, it's just not maybe in their field of study. Which begs the question, why invest in college, unless there is a job waiting for you?

Most employers offer education assistance. If you want a certain type of job, why not get in the bottom floor of the type of job you want, get the employer to pay for part of your education, and then get the job? Seems backwards to me, to get the education BEFORE you know if there is even a job out there for you anyway.

I work in marketing / Public Relations for one of the largest home improvement company's in the north east and you are right. We have to offer all kinds of crazy incentives to get plumbers, electricians and HVAC guys. Shit, it was such a problem, my company started its own academy that pays people to learn a trade and guarantees them a job with the company starting at around $50-60k and its still hard to find people.

I have an uncle that came over here on political asylum when he was 13 years old. He started working construction under someones wing and once he learned enough, went off on his own. He's made a fortune for himself. He started buying real estate in run down neighborhoods about 10 years ago. Those properties sky rocketed in value and he made another fortune selling them. Now he dickers around flipping houses for fun, spending the winters at his villa in costa rica and the summers at home in the states.

When I graduated he implored myself and my parents to have me live with him and learn the business. Of course we wouldn't hear of it, what would people think if I didn't have a degree? After all, my father retired as a professor from one of the most prestigious schools in the country. How could he show his face at gallas and speaking engagements?

We need to break that type of conditioning. Hard work is what made America great and its what will make it great again.

Shit, maybe i should run against Trump in 4 years.

Edited - Added paragraphs to my novel of a reply.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suppose they won't mind if we pull our military out of Germany. The money saved can be better spent elsewhere anyway, or better yet, not spent at all.
I certainly wouldn't mind if the money was used wisely.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
POTUS LIKES RUSSIA
WHY?
PEACE
CHINA...
China is actively spreading its wings in the world, especially Africa and Asia!
NATO with russia is a good thing, that would make the Chinese rethink their agendas....remember ww2?
The japanese didn't surrender because of the atomic bombs, they surrendered because they don't want a war against the Russians!
They felt like they could get more by surrendering to the Americans...
Contrary to what the history says...
The Russians ended WW2..
A NATO WITH RUSSIA IS A GOOD THING!
NATO vs CHINA is what it should be
But! (POLITICS)

conversation I had last night with my renter... 69 year old long time conservative!
Hmmmmmm....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
POTUS LIKES RUSSIA
WHY?
PEACE
CHINA...
China is actively spreading its wings in the world, especially Africa and Asia!
NATO with russia is a good thing, that would make the Chinese rethink their agendas....remember ww2?
The japanese didn't surrender because of the atomic bombs, they surrendered because they don't want a war against the Russians!
They felt like they could get more by surrendering to the Americans...
Contrary to what the history says...
The Russians ended WW2..
A NATO WITH RUSSIA IS A GOOD THING!
NATO vs CHINA is what it should be
But! (POLITICS)

conversation I had last night with my renter... 69 year old long time conservative!
Hmmmmmm....

You rent to pulsevape?

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before you read this and make assumptions... I do not call myself a liberal. There are points to be made on both sides and I often find myself falling in the middle or even disagreeing with both.

But this one made a lot of sense with the EPA getting attacked right now

DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN...

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good, because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.

With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take, because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan, because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat, because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents, because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean, because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees, because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation, because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards.

Joes employer pays these standards, because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check, because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home, because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC, because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan, because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world, because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards.

He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration, because bankers didn't want to make rural loans.
The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension, because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day.

Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IF That were the truth of things, then liberals would not be so bad. Unfortuantely, that is romanticizing and painting the wrong picture of what they really stand for.
For example, I have actually toured a meat packing house. Toured from where the animals come off the truck live, to where the boxed meat goes out the docks. 99.9999% of people have never done that, and understand nothing of it. Nor have the same people ever actually farmed.

The problem with liberals is they pontificate from fantasy land, rather than living in the real world. Just like when it comes to taxes, they are great at telling people who invested their money, and took the risks to grow a business from nothing, they owe MORE than anyone else. Isn't it weird how those liberals don't push a flat tax? No matter how much or how little, everyone should pay the same percent.

Call me crazy, but I think if your kid works hard in school, has the intelligence, and earns an "A", they earned it and deserve the credit for it. I don't think they should get a "C" so other kids can benefit from the one earning the "A".

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always been for a flat tax, so once again not liberal.

I have been to a slaughter house and grew up around farms. I have lived in areas of nothing but blue collar workers, and to me 6 digit income is rich. I grew up in poverty and have lived both sides of that and an income I'd consider comfortable. I don't agree fully with either party on this but I do know we will all be living the Flint MI water crisis at the rate it's all going if Trump has his way

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No different here. Grew up dirt poor.
However, I honestly don't think Trump wants to deregulate everything. It's MM hype. The EPA and many other agencies ARE over regulating things. It was only a few short years ago, they wanted to shut down Farmer's markets, because they thought people were too stupid to grow their own produce and Lord forbid, they dare think of selling it.

Locally, farmers have been blamed for years, over the Nitrates entering the waterways here. When traced back to the pollution, it's actually the LAKE HOME OWNERS, that are polluting the waters with fertilizer, they have bought over the counter. They completely IGNORE where the pollution is coming from, and still blame farmers. Add more regulations every year because of it.
Locally, larger farms are regulated by EPA, small farms are not. So, when it comes time to applicate manure, larger farms HAVE TO document and follow guidelines. Small farms don't have to follow them, and can actually get away with applicating manure in ditches and waterways.

Liberals are busy telling us what the problem is, while ignoring the ACTUAL problem.

You also have to realize that Michigan, and Flint, are very LIBRERAL places. The debacle with the water issues, are all on the LIBERALS.

I am for clean water as much as anyone else. But I demand real solutions to the heart of the problem. Feel good regulations and laws are useless and stupid.

What happened in Flint, is a travesty.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Call me crazy too, because I think there is something seriously wrong with the fact that corporations are paying less in taxes than the total income taxes paid by those citizens - who just don't happen to be corporations. So what will make that all better for the average guy? Cutting the corporate tax rates even further. (Talk about a fantasy land.)

How has your personal profit margin been doing lately? Corporate profit margins are doing spiffy.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before you read this and make assumptions... I do not call myself a liberal. There are points to be made on both sides and I often find myself falling in the middle or even disagreeing with both.

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good, because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.

With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take, because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan, because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat, because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents, because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean, because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees, because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation, because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards.

Joes employer pays these standards, because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check, because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home, because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC, because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan, because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world, because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards.

He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration, because bankers didn't want to make rural loans.
The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension, because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day.

Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

Your article fails to mention any of the negative consequences. Such as, just yesterday the New York Teamsters Union pension went broke and hundreds of others are slated to be broke soon and unable to deliver on their promise. Detroit went bankrupt due to pensions. That's just a start, one example.

Your article is fundamentally flawed without including negative consequences. If the picture was anywhere near as positive as it paints, we should be living in Utopia. But, we don't. Jobs are going overseas. People are poor. I see commercials every night about lawsuits over side effects of medications, pensions are going bankrupt, a large percentage of college loans have been defaulted on(not paid) with 50% of college students thinking the government will provide relief to college loans and the list goes on with the consequences of over regulation by the EPA and other alphabet agencies such as the vapers hated FDA which is killing vaping businesses.

That little white speck on the top of chicken shit is chicken shit too.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Call me crazy too, because I think there is something seriously wrong with the fact that corporations are paying less in taxes than the total income taxes paid by those citizens - who just don't happen to be corporations. So what will make that all better for the average guy? Cutting the corporate tax rates even further. (Talk about a fantasy land.)

How has your personal profit margin been doing lately? Corporate profit margins are doing spiffy.
Sure, I suppose if you only want to look at part of the picture, I can see how you think that.
Employees only have to pay their taxes out of their paychecks.
Business owners have to PAY for many more things.
Like your other half of your SS witholdings, unemployment, workers comp, your benefits, etc. That's just YOUR pay and benefits. Then they have to contend with regulations (and the expenses associate with it!).

I own a business, as well as am an employee (part time in my business). While I agree, it SEEMS like business doesn't pay "enough" in tax, I really don't think you know how it all works.
A business has to pay taxes on profits.
A businesses greatest expense is employees, who by the way, PAY TAXES.

Somewhere along the lines, people forget where you earn your money. It ain't growing on trees. Tax a corporation to death, where they can't make profits to satisfy shareholders, and they close shop. Problem solved, no work, no jobs, no tax "evaders", right?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOESPH LIBERAL

Wakes up angry with a limp dick in a 97% white neighborhood in a major coastal city...yells for Lupe his illegal alien housemaid whose minimium wage is supplemented by stealing from him and living on various goverment programs...to bring him his morning cup of Kool-aid. He watches CNN for an hour and froths at the mouth and gargles with bile,after this ritual of personal hygine.He goes into his closet and deciedes if he is going to dress as a clown in a jumbeled array of psuedo ethnic costumes made by third world peasant who were paid 1/50 th of the the price tag, or if he will wear his "Proletariat outfit" which consists of expensive perfectly washed and pressed(by Lupe) clothes designed by a flaming gay man that is supposed to be a chic interpetation of what construction/lumberjacks wear. a la watch cap...
He then goes down to the corner cafe and buys a mochalttechino made with Free Trade coffee beans, being made by a worker who can't make her rent because the free trade cafe who worries about what Juan in costa rica is making...... is paying her shit wages.He smokes a bowl or two over his mochalattechino, and ponders his day.....he calls the lawyer who handels his trustfund and they share info about the stock market..after putting in 20 minutes of work he has either built up an appetite or the munchies are hitting....he goes down to the Organic food euporium and buys himself a huge salad which he tucks into with gusto...but starts to gag...whereupon he whips around the corner throws the salad in the recycle bin and heads toward the Burger King for breakfast.which he scarfs down with the manners of a feral hog.
He then calls up the property manegment company who handles the rental units he inherited from his parents and demand they speed up the process to evict a single black mother and her three kids, so he can get a crew of illegal mexicans into it to remodel it and rent it for 3 times the current rent to a bunch of dipshits who work for Facebook.....
It's lunch time and Joesph has read in the local free paper of an authentic Indian resturaunt that he decides to eat at...not because he likes Indian food in fact he hates it, and Indian people as well.....but he is hoping other liberals will see him there and it will shore up his multicultural creds.and maybe some liberal femminist will consent to the adolescent and confused groping that passes for sex among liberals.....after getting lost in his Prius and cutting off half a dozen people on the freeway he finds The Indian Palace...he orders his lunch based on which dishes are the hardest to pronounce, a young Indian woman brings him his lunch and after leering at her brown body like a drunken and creepy sahib of the raj she runs off for a shower......The aroma of all the spices of the continent waft up to his nostrils and a shuddering tremor of nausea hits Joesph..He knows without a doubt that there is no way he will be able to force this revolting swill down his throat, but a blond anorexic hag with yoga pants and Navajo jewelery sitting at the next table cast a flirtatious glance at him, and he realizes in order to appear debonair and worldly he must somehow get the food down his throat though he knows it will put him on the toielt for the next two days due to the fact spices play hell with his stomach. He braces himself and lifts his fork..........

TO BE CONTINUED.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Leave it to pulse to go straight for the dick.

Not sure why that's always his focal point....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That may be because when I look down I can see mine......how's the fitness program going ..... seen the floor lately...sorry about the dick thing I know you and freemind prefer beastiality refrences.

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Sure, I suppose if you only want to look at part of the picture, I can see how you think that.
Employees only have to pay their taxes out of their paychecks.
Business owners have to PAY for many more things.
Like your other half of your SS witholdings, unemployment, workers comp, your benefits, etc. That's just YOUR pay and benefits. Then they have to contend with regulations (and the expenses associate with it!).

I own a business, as well as am an employee (part time in my business). While I agree, it SEEMS like business doesn't pay "enough" in tax, I really don't think you know how it all works.
A business has to pay taxes on profits.
A businesses greatest expense is employees, who by the way, PAY TAXES.

Somewhere along the lines, people forget where you earn your money. It ain't growing on trees. Tax a corporation to death, where they can't make profits to satisfy shareholders, and they close shop. Problem solved, no work, no jobs, no tax "evaders", right?

Yeah, there's that "C" word again.

Followed by the "S" word - shareholder. Definition of a shareholder today? "Ok, I give you money, you give me more money back. I don't do anything, you don't do anything much either Mister C. But we both make money! America - what a country!" Land of the free, home of the loopholes.

I'm not talking about the little guys. I'm talking about the WalMarts et al whose business model includes structuring their workforce pay scale & jobs so that the majority of their employees are eligible for food stamps. But hey - if the stockholders are happy with their money for nothing returns it's all good. Right?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, there's that "C" word again.

Followed by the "S" word - shareholder. Definition of a shareholder today? "Ok, I give you money, you give me more money back. I don't do anything, you don't do anything much either Mister C. But we both make money! America - what a country!" Land of the free, home of the loopholes.

I'm not talking about the little guys. I'm talking about the WalMarts et al whose business model includes structuring their workforce pay scale & jobs so that the majority of their employees are eligible for food stamps. But hey - if the stockholders are happy with their money for nothing returns it's all good. Right?
I can now see why your lemonade stand went bankrupt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors