Become a Patron!

HASTUR V2s RDA by Cthulhu

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my short mini review/first impressions of the Hastur V2s RDA by Cthulhu Mod (@CthulhuMod) . Lets dive down and look at some of the key features of this RDA and if it's worth the price.

The Hastur V2s RDA from Cthulhu mod is a low profile atomizer which features dual velocity styled post.​

Some of it's features include:
1. Medical grade 304 stainless steel
2. Adjustable air flow
3. Come with squonker pin (bottom fill) and normal pin
4. Dual Velocity style posts with 2 mm wire holes
5. 5mm deep juice well
6. PEEK insulators
7. Includes a 510 drip tip adapter

Size: Height 20mm (without tip); Diameter 22mm
Material: Stainless steel

• Packaging: It came well-protected in a plastic box along with a few tools which include: 510 drip tip adapter,hex key,spare o-rings,spare screws and a BF squonker center pin for you guys out there with squonkers. Overall, pretty decent packaging.

• Quality of the product: Everything is very smooth and fits nicely, I haven't had any problems with leakage or difficulty with removing the top cap and adjusting the airflow. Everything worked flawlessly and really smooth. The machining looks good, no metal shavings or anything of that sort. No visible machine oil was present. One wash and it was ready for use.

• This RDA does not have a single coil airflow option which might be a con for some of you guys.

My personal experience: I tried three different builds in this so far. The first build was a notch coil. Second build was a dual 28g fused clapton 5 wraps. Third build was a dual 7 wrap 26g. All builds besides the notch coil was 2.5mm inner diameter. I tried various wattage's from 30-65 watts.

Performance: This RDA is definitely a flavor chasers dream, not a cloud chaser's dream. The flavor is excellent, but clouds weren't that massive. Of all the builds I had in it, the fused claptons were the best, the flavor was great and the clouds were pretty decent. The juice well isn't very deep, so for those of you who like deep juice wells, you aren't gonna like this.

The velocity style deck definitely makes it easy to build on and it works great as you would expect. I haven't had any problems with the post. The grub screws weren't bad quality, I didn't strip any of them whilst tightening the coils. For me, it's all about flavor and this RDA does just that and it does it pretty well. The airflow isn't too airy, it does have a bit of a restriction to it which I like. The size of this RDA and its performance is really impressive. I love the way it vapes and the flavor I get off it. I'm not too concerned about the vapor production because I prefer flavor over clouds.
Here are some pictures:

fJvRhDT.jpg

Hc5LeYI.jpg

djX4GxB.jpg

OHv4nx4.jpg

qSqMiup.jpg

nGZymsx.jpg

Do I think it's worth the price? Definitely, I've seen it available for $30 at: http://shop.cthulhumod.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

Conclusion: If you're cloud chaser then this RDA isn't for you however if you're flavor chaser and don't care much about massive clouds then you will love this RDA. I love this RDA because of the ease of use and building. Since this is a low profile RDA, flavor is really good.

The only cons I can find are:

1. There isn't a single coil airflow option.

2. The packaging could've been better however I didn't have a problem with it.

If I missed out anything, feel free to let me know

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the first hastur? I'm wondering about the side airflow option I never get leaks with my hastur v1 and I'm curious when tipping it toward you..... does this new version leak ?

I just ordered this for my dripbox 160 and am excited! I was wondering if the bf pin makes a good connection since I read it could be short on older versions of the Hastur. I have a Tsunami RDA with a FDV bf pin but I found that the clouds are great but flavor was a bit lacking...

I just ordered this for my dripbox 160 and am excited! I was wondering if the bf pin makes a good connection since I read it could be short on older versions of the Hastur. I have a Tsunami RDA with a FDV bf pin but I found that the clouds are great but flavor was a bit lacking...
I have a hastur version one and the 510 pin works on my REO and the dripbox v1.... I do notice that when screwed down on my REO it'll move a lil bit side to side so I think it's a matter of the diameter or the threads of the 510 not the lenght....

I have a hastur version one and the 510 pin works on my REO and the dripbox v1.... I do notice that when screwed down on my REO it'll move a lil bit side to side so I think it's a matter of the diameter or the threads of the 510 not the lenght....
That is wonderful to know! Thank you haha I was a bit worried

VU Sponsors