Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks so much guys (and gals of course) for sharing your knowledge with us. I got VT133 (from a buddy of mine) so now I am PROUD MEMBER of DNA 200 / VT133 Club :D

I have a question could anyone tell me please why DRY cotton burn test fails with SS 316L at 45W, 420TC , 0.30 ohms?

Let me know please. Thanks in advance

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks so much guys (and gals of course) for sharing your knowledge with us. I got VT133 (from a buddy of mine) so now I am PROUD MEMBER of DNA 200 / VT133 Club :D

I have a question could anyone tell me please why DRY cotton burn test fails with SS 316L at 45W, 420TC , 0.30 ohms?

Let me know please. Thanks in advance
I'm not an expert on when Cotton burns but it seems like that's about the lowest I've seen people try it at. Maybe kick it up a few degrees to 440-450F. It has to be new, dry cotton and the atty should be at room temperature. As I've said in a lot of posts, the TCR of 316(L) and 317(L) are on the very low end of what are mods can accurately TC. Because of this they can be finicky (I use SS430 - it has ~50% higher TCR). You have to have an atty with stable resistance, tight post hole screws, I think spaced coils work best, etc. I'm not saying your aren't just throwing it out there.

Cheers,
Steve

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not an expert on when Cotton burns but it seems like that's about the lowest I've seen people try it at. Maybe kick it up a few degrees to 440-450F. It has to be new, dry cotton and the atty should be at room temperature. As I've said in a lot of posts, the TCR of 316(L) and 317(L) are on the very low end of what are mods can accurately TC. Because of this they can be finicky (I use SS430 - it has ~50% higher TCR). You have to have an atty with stable resistance, tight post hole screws, I think spaced coils work best, etc. I'm not saying your aren't just throwing it out there.

Cheers,
Steve

I tried on 430F and will test in the evening and will post back the result.

Thanks Steve

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Cheers,
Steve

where do you buy SS430?

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only thing i can think of, is you're not getting proper wicking so the board is pulling wattage/voltage and going into Temp Protect.That's all i have got for now:D

Indeed.

I had a wee bit of trouble with a VERY weak vape today. My Supremes have been rock solid, so I knew it had to be the wick or the coils.
Put it on the computer to watch device monitor and sure enough, the watts were falling off a cliff.
For fun, I cranked up the preheat, watts, temp. Nope, nothing helped. Vaped OK in power mode, but just barely.
I was going to swap the tank out for its twin. I always close the JFC/AFC before removing the Supremes.

You can guess what I found...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
where do you buy SS430?
I bought mine here. They are in Missouri but only have 28ga and then it jumps to something really thick 22 or 20 iirc. I like the 28ga but a lot of people prefer 26ga
http://www.unkamensupplies.com/prod...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

I just bought some from a place called Crazy Wire that I have never tried before (in the UK). I'm still waiting for my order though so I can't give you first hand knowledge until probably next week. They have a lot of different gauges available. I'll edit the post when I find the link.
http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/
Edit I received my order from Crazy Wire and I'm not happy with it at all. I wouldn't order from CW if I was you. I can't recommend them!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed.

I had a wee bit of trouble with a VERY weak vape today. My Supremes have been rock solid, so I knew it had to be the wick or the coils.
Put it on the computer to watch device monitor and sure enough, the watts were falling off a cliff.
For fun, I cranked up the preheat, watts, temp. Nope, nothing helped. Vaped OK in power mode, but just barely.
I was going to swap the tank out for its twin. I always close the JFC/AFC before removing the Supremes.

You can guess what I found...
LOL, I was vaping the other day and started to get a weak vape and was wondering what in the hell was going on. When I filled it, I forgot to open the JFC when I was done. I'm assuming yours was closed as well. :D

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I bought mine here. They are in Missouri but only have 28ga and then it jumps to something really thick 22 or 20 iirc. I like the 28ga but a lot of people prefer 26ga
http://www.unkamensupplies.com/prod...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

I just bought some from a place called Crazy Wire that I have never tried before (in the UK). I'm still waiting for my order though so I can't give you first hand knowledge until probably next week. They have a lot of different gauges available. I'll edit the post when I find the link.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks. Do you know of any places that sell it as clapton wire or other fancy styles on a roll?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Do you know of any places that sell it as clapton wire or other fancy styles on a roll?
Not yet however I ordered a bunch of different gauges of SS430 including 31ga for my wrap (24, 25, and 27 for the cores) so I'm going to attempt to make some. Just waiting for my order to come in. I think @BoostAddict may have already made some, but I can't be positive.

Cheers,
Steve

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just was in brick and mortar he said you will have to have a mfg license to by nic after 8th

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not yet however I ordered a bunch of different gauges of SS430 including 31ga for my wrap (24, 25, and 27 for the cores) so I'm going to attempt to make some. Just waiting for my order to come in. I think @BoostAddict may have already made some, but I can't be positive.

Cheers,
Steve

I made some clapton back in the day (not fused though) with kenthal and it's a pain in the butt. I'd rather buy pre build but if not I'll give it a go. Thanks!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sorry...Not that i am aware of. It's pretty easy to make though. I have made it with a decent quality fishing swivel and drill. Twisted wire works great also!
This guy has a great idea though.

Thats crazy smart. last time I did it i used a bic pen to hold the wire. Too bad I have none of those coils but they are super cheap If i wanted to try

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just was in brick and mortar he said you will have to have a mfg license to by nic after 8th

When I discussed it with Nic River he didn't say anything like that . His thoughts were mostly about them getting all the paper work straight and pay large amounts of money to carry on . @SteelDriver did the B&M say where he got his info from ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I discussed it with Nic River he didn't say anything like that . His thoughts were mostly about them getting all the paper work straight and pay large amounts of money to carry on . @SteelDriver did the B&M say where he got his info from ?

I spoke to Chris at Nude Nic after reading that and he said you only needed a MFG License if you were going to be selling it. He said if you were just buying it for yourself it was still alright. I told him I was prepared to buy another liter and he said he'd take my money but suggested I wait. He said we will have 2 years after the 8-8. He knew I already had about 1.5 liters on hand on 100mg/ml. Obviously if he thought it was going to be a problem he would have took my money and made a sale. That all being said I'm still nervous about all the crap that's happening. The PA stuff was the last straw. I know the FDA stuff says 2 years but who knows what the states are going to do. I'm really getting sick of this stuff!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I live in the state of Nevada .. This state loves smoking drinking gambling vaping and whore houses . So if I can get here I have no problem starting a friends and family program ......rotflmao

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I spoke to Chris at Nude Nic after reading that and he said you only needed a MFG License if you were going to be selling it. He said if you were just buying it for yourself it was still alright. I told him I was prepared to buy another liter and he said he'd take my money but suggested I wait. He said we will have 2 years after the 8-8. He knew I already had about 1.5 liters on hand on 100mg/ml. Obviously if he thought it was going to be a problem he would have took my money and made a sale. That all being said I'm still nervous about all the crap that's happening. The PA stuff was the last straw. I know the FDA stuff says 2 years but who knows what the states are going to do. I'm really getting sick of this shit!

Cheers,
Steve

That's great new in my opinion. I think i have enough for a lifetime, but you never know what the Government and States are thinking $$

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I live in the state of Nevada .. This state loves smoking drinking gambling vaping and whore houses . So if I can get here I have no problem starting a friends and family program ......rotflmao

I should move to Nevada. I love all those things to, and not necessarily in that order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i thought I saw somewhere in the evolv forum - a Kanthal TFR curve that was just high enough to be programmed in to preheat Kanthal with a dna .
sumabitch I cant find that thing anywhere.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I spoke to Chris at Nude Nic after reading that and he said you only needed a MFG License if you were going to be selling it. He said if you were just buying it for yourself it was still alright. I told him I was prepared to buy another liter and he said he'd take my money but suggested I wait. He said we will have 2 years after the 8-8. He knew I already had about 1.5 liters on hand on 100mg/ml. Obviously if he thought it was going to be a problem he would have took my money and made a sale. That all being said I'm still nervous about all the crap that's happening. The PA stuff was the last straw. I know the FDA stuff says 2 years but who knows what the states are going to do. I'm really getting sick of this shit!

Cheers,
Steve
He didn't say. I think your right. Hopefully.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i thought I saw somewhere in the evolv forum - a Kanthal TFR curve that was just high enough to be programmed in to preheat Kanthal with a dna .
sumabitch I cant find that thing anywhere.
Here's the post where @dwcraig1 was talking about it.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt133-dual-18650-dna200.171476/page-27#post-1239050

Edit: Here's the link to the thread I think you are looking for. It was in his post:
https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/file?id=2953467

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon