Health Cabin BAIT & SWITCH SCAM

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Health Cabin - an authorized VU vendor - posted a thread offering half off the products they sell on their website

Long story short: not everything will give you the full discount, and, when the first part of the discount works, it gives you 30% off a higher price than the original price listed

New Homepage Promotion – Over 50% OFF

Three days ago, I went to the site to buy a Dovpo Clutch - a mod I'd been considering for some time

Their instructions said to log in and it would automatically take 30% off, and there is a coupon code for an additional 20% off when you check out - sounds great right?

Logged in, put the Clutch in the cart, no 30% off, but figured maybe it would show up later in the purchasing process

Got all the way to the "pay this amount" in PayPal, still no discount, and I don't hit the pay now button without it

Thinking it was maybe a glitch, I logged out, and Health Cabin generated a purchase order number, despite the fact I had not paid

I emailed customer service right away, and to their credit, got a real person to respond quickly, but they did not solve the problem at all
Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 10.17.30 PM.png

I replied to that message - explaining it didn't work and still have not received a reply

Also left a message on the original VU thread where I found out about the deal

That person, @HealthCabin , finally replied. They said when you log in, you automatically get the 30% off - but the screen shot example didn't even give 30% off the not-logged-in price, it gave 30% off a higher MSRP - total bait & switch scam

Then they admitted that Dovpo was not included in the sale anyway, though they had no disclaimers anywhere but said they would be adding a disclaimer

At best, shoddy and not well thought out sale

At worst, a total scam

Either way, a fail

I thought long and hard before posting this - but then thought of some people maybe losing hard earned money by getting less off than they had planned, but maybe not noticing they were paying more than is spelled out in the link they posted for the sale

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I see no mention of Dovpo being excluded from the offer.

So, after you thought you were getting 30% + 20% off (the bait) you end up paying full price (the switch) and then you come here to find out that Dovpo is excluded?

This does seem to have bait & switch written all over it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, check this out: They say first discount is 30% off when you log in. In the example THEY POSTED it showed a Voopoo pod thing for $38.99 and when you log in, it will give you 30% off that price. When you log in, the price jumps up and you get 30% off the higher fucking price. Here is a screen shot of the example THEY POSTEDScreen Shot 2020-08-30 at 10.48.46 PM.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
To their credit, the 20% off coupon code seems to work regardless :rolleyes:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yea, it should be like $27 if it's 30% off of $38.99
WTF??

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yea, it should be like $27 if it's 30% off of $38.99
WTF??

See, if you look closely, the logged in screen shot shows it as 30% off MSRP of $47.99, while the unlogged-in screen shot clearly shows the price as $38.99, no mention of a higher MSRP even

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
After you get the 20% off the now $48 device you end up paying around $38.99 :facepalm:

This reminds me of the scene in the matrix where Neo meets the Oracle for the first time.
He's in the waiting room with the kids.
the girl is holding the spoon that bends.
Neo asks her how she does it...

There is no sale

:wtf:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
After you get the 20% off the now $48 device you end up paying around $38.99 :facepalm:

This reminds me of the scene in the matrix where Neo meets the Oracle the first time.
He's in the waiting room with the kids.
the girl is holding the spoon that bends.
Neo asks her how she does it...

There is no sale

:wtf:

It is a sale, but there are dishonest pitfalls for sure - like the higher logged in price, and some items only getting a partial discount

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No such game for me when shopping/buying.
If I see such things I just drop off.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't normally bitch in Hall of Shame either - but with this being a VU authorized vendor, the Deeming Regs within days of happening, I thought it important to let people know to use caution if you do consider buying from them

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm also pissed they wasted my time - if I'd of read their non-existent disclaimer, would not have tried to buy something I wasn't willing to pay their price for

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I gave up on Health Cabin years ago too expensive overall.

Yes, that is why I'd never bought from Health Cabin before, FastTech almost always beats their price by a significant margin

Check this shit out:

If I went through and bought the clutch at the mere 20% off at Health Cabin (and don't get the other 30% off) after being charged shipping 0f $6.18, the price is $78.17

FastTech - my favorite vendor in China - is having a 15% off sale, with free shipping, Tuesday only.

The price for the same item will be $76.49 - and, I'd have the peace of mind knowing I am dealing with an upright company that I've had dozens of good transactions with already

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, that is why I'd never bought from Health Cabin before, FastTech almost always beats their price by a significant margin

Check this shit out:

If I went through and bought the clutch at the mere 20% off at Health Cabin (and don't get the other 30% off) after being charged shipping 0f $6.18, the price is $78.17

FastTech - my favorite vendor in China - is having a 15% off sale, with free shipping, Tuesday only.

The price for the same item will be $76.49 - and, I'd have the peace of mind knowing I am dealing with an upright company that I've had dozens of good transactions with already
Yep and no confusing hoops to jump thru in the proper order either. Just a simple discount code.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FastTech - my favorite vendor in China

Always had decent dealings with FastTech as well. Granted, yes, shipping takes time. Rather put up with that and have good service, good prices than not have those and quick shipping. After all the product is coming from half a world away, going to take time.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fasttech has been quick lately. 2 orders placed on the 23rd are in NY already. I went with the free shipping option too.

I had a bad experience with Health Cabin about 8 years ago. Never went back.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My last few FT orders (non-vape purchases actually) were slower than slow, but, I believe it's customs making shit get lost in the abyss during the pandemic

I still trust them more than any other Asian vendor

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My last order (non Vape) from FT was average quick for them about 30 days. which has been average for me over the years from them.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My last few FT orders (non-vape purchases actually) were slower than slow, but, I believe it's customs making shit get lost in the abyss during the pandemic

I still trust them more than any other Asian vendor
The only 2 china vendors I use are FT and Ali Express (for electronic components).
Never any problems with ali Express for me. Of course a package of chips may come from Lower Slobovia or any place :) But still works reasonable for me. All china got slow from Feb until a month or two ago then things speeded back up.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have found Fasttech to be among the best as well.
I've had luck with others such as Gearbest and 3fvape but haven't bought from them regularly.
That really sucks that you found the better deal at a place you already know and trust after that fact.:(

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have found Fasttech to be among the best as well.
I've had luck with others such as Gearbest and 3fvape but haven't bought from them regularly.
That really sucks that you found the better deal at a place you already know and trust after that fact.:(

I didn't buy either but can take comfort in the fact if I decide to spend that much I it will be with a better vendor

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a good one from vapesourcing, USA warehouse.

They have the Joyetech Cupod Tap, buy one get one free. I was about to order a practically unknown RDA from there and thought I'd throw that deal in there too.

Well, I got to checkout and the cheapest shipping is 27 dollars. US WAREHOUSE. Thus cancelling any deal on the mods. It turns out that they want to give you a "free" 18650 with the BOGO deal. I think that's how they're trying to justify jacking up the shipping that high.

The thing is you cannot refuse the free battery. Not an option. I removed the mods from the order and shipping is 8 bucks. Not great, but in the upper average range.

So in essence you're getting charged 20 bucks for a "free" 18650 of unknown origin that I wouldn't want anyway.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

They have the Joyetech Cupod Tap, buy one get one free. I was about to order a practically unknown RDA from there and thought I'd throw that deal in there too.

Well, I got to checkout and the cheapest shipping is 27 dollars. US WAREHOUSE. Thus cancelling any deal on the mods. It turns out that they want to give you a "free" 18650 with the BOGO deal. I think that's how they're trying to justify jacking up the shipping that high.

The thing is you cannot refuse the free battery. Not an option. I removed the mods from the order and shipping is 8 bucks. Not great, but in the upper average range.

So in essence you're getting charged 20 bucks for a "free" 18650 of unknown origin that I wouldn't want anyway.

What a crock of shit

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Vapesourcing USA warehouse.

Ordered that route once. Was a disaster. took 3 months and came from singapore and only part of the order.
First and only Pay Pal dispute for me I think.

perhaps their USA warehouse is in Singapore?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Vapesourcing USA warehouse.

Ordered that route once. Was a disaster. took 3 months and came from singapore and only part of the order.
First and only Pay Pal dispute for me I think.

perhaps their USA warehouse is in Singapore?

I remember that - my guess on that one is the US warehouse was out of stock, so they sent from Singapore without giving you notice - also total BS

I've gotten a few amazing deals/service from Chinese companies with US warehouses - but it's rare they have anything I want in stock here sadly. But when it does happen, it is pretty joyous hahahaha

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember that - my guess on that one is the US warehouse was out of stock, so they sent from Singapore without giving you notice - also total BS

I've gotten a few amazing deals/service from Chinese companies with US warehouses - but it's rare they have anything I want in stock here sadly. But when it does happen, it is pretty joyous hahahaha

yep as I recall I even paid a bit more from USA warehouse.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and vapesourcing would not reply to any emails from me for over a month.
They replied quickly when I filed the Paypal dispute. with some bullshit line about sorry we were upgrading our email services to better serve our customers....

Still pissed....
What i ordered I really wanted and was hard to find, and i never got them...
I got the one add on thing I really did not care about.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made one order from vapesourcing USA warehouse. A squonk mod that did not include a battery. I ordered it during the Christmas season, and thought it would take forever to arrive in Texas. It showed up in my mailbox in just a week. I ordered my batteries from Walmart.com, and they arrived two days before the mod.

My biggest pet peeve about shopping for vape stuff online is when I see a posted price that changes the second I log in. I tend to avoid those sites.

VU Sponsors