Become a Patron!

Hello fellow vapers!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi to all, I go by synphul or syn in online forums. I'm a relatively new addition to the vaping community, been off of cigs for around 3mo now.

My decision to get off cigs was a health choice. I was a smoker for 20 years, between 1-2 packs a day. The past couple of years I developed a nasty cough, not the usual smokers cough but one that was seriously getting to me. I would wake up and literally spend the first 30min of the day coughing so hard I really couldn't function to do much else. It seemed like a serious sinus problem that just would not go away.

I truly thought it was my sinuses, took pill after pill for allergies. The coughing got to the point it was causing something I believe is called cough syncope. Coughing to the point of passing out at times since I was unable to catch my breath. Not even 40yrs old yet and couldn't hardly get through a conversation with someone because of coughing.

Deciding I needed to quit regardless I opted to try ecigs. Previously the only experience with one was a small disposable convenience mart variety and I wasn't impressed. My mom had smoked for nearly 40yrs and she took the plunge to give up smoking with me so the support was nice and she's off the cigs as well.

The first venture was a starter kit from v2 using cig-a-likes. Not overly satisfying but better than nothing. That lasted a couple weeks and found that the battery wasn't lasting very long and cartomizers were becoming a bit costly. Moved on to halo with their triton vape pen starter kits. Much better. Still a bit costly if you follow the schedule for coil replacement and replacement parts are a little expensive but overall a nice system.

In an attempt to save a bit of money I've tried rewicking those tiny coils in the triton tank. Sometimes it's successful and others it can be a serious headache. While I'm not entirely displeased with it I'd prefer something I can maintain more easily and something where I'm not tied to proprietary replacement parts. My next venture is moving to a 100w tc device and pairing it with an ehpro bachelor so fingers crossed that goes well. A bit of security knowing with readily available batteries, a spool of wire and some organic cotton I can keep my mod operational.

Congrats to the rest of the community who have gotten off the smokes and for those who haven't quite yet kicked them completely, hang in there. I'm not a born again non smoker or anything, to each their own. Mine was purely a personal health choice that I felt wasn't much of a choice anymore. Something had to give. I've already run into a few very helpful members and look forward to meeting more great folks.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Similar story here, smoked analogs for 50 yrs. now smoke free for one month and going strong. Welcome aboard.

VU Sponsors