Become a Patron!

HELP! Eleaf BASAL Tank Options

hello everyone,
I'm not new to vaping but I have used the same setup since I started which means over the past couple of years I haven't really learned much but I'm really happy with what I have (for the most part). It's nothing special or custom, just an Eleaf Basal with the original tank that it came with. The problem is I break the glass on my tank quite a lot and at first, it wasn't a big deal id just go to one of a number of sites that had replacement glass for the tank, or sometimes id have to buy a whole new tank. The vape has been discounted since I bought it and I can't find the parts anywhere, except for heaven gifts which are where I have bought replacement pieces the last couple of times but it looks like there even out of stock now. My question is does anyone know of any other tanks that would fit on the Basal, or how I can find out? or better yet if there is anywhere I can find replacement glass. I'm thinking there has to be just plain glass tubes that would fit but I have looked at a lot of sites including eBay and amazon, even looking outside the realm of vape products with the hope that the exact size glass tube I need is available for some other application.

I have posted on Reddit's vape forum but no one answered me lol so if someone could give me some advice id really appreciate it!

Thanks!!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
hello everyone,
I'm not new to vaping but I have used the same setup since I started which means over the past couple of years I haven't really learned much but I'm really happy with what I have (for the most part). It's nothing special or custom, just an Eleaf Basal with the original tank that it came with. The problem is I break the glass on my tank quite a lot and at first, it wasn't a big deal id just go to one of a number of sites that had replacement glass for the tank, or sometimes id have to buy a whole new tank. The vape has been discounted since I bought it and I can't find the parts anywhere, except for heaven gifts which are where I have bought replacement pieces the last couple of times but it looks like there even out of stock now. My question is does anyone know of any other tanks that would fit on the Basal, or how I can find out? or better yet if there is anywhere I can find replacement glass. I'm thinking there has to be just plain glass tubes that would fit but I have looked at a lot of sites including eBay and amazon, even looking outside the realm of vape products with the hope that the exact size glass tube I need is available for some other application.

I have posted on Reddit's vape forum but no one answered me lol so if someone could give me some advice id really appreciate it!

Thanks!!

I looked up the Basal kit on eLeafUSA and see that the width of the mod is only 15mm. It does have a 510 connector, but that slim width is going to make it much more difficult for you to find another tank that will work with the mod. Most mods these days are at least 22mm wide on the side where the tank screws in.

I was able to find these tanks that should work. Not having that particular setup myself, I cannot guarantee it, but the connector is the right kind and these tanks are 15mm wide.

I'd suggest that you buy some spares, if you find that these do work, because shortly it's going to be much more difficult to buy vape gear online, with the new USPS law that goes into effect March 1.

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How big is the Eleaf Basal? I'm guessing it has a standard 510 connection so the question is what size of a tank will it take. 22mm, 24mm, or larger? You just need a tank in a diameter that will fit the Basal without overhang.

Have you checked kidneypuncher.com? They carry a lot of replacement glass.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a slim one only about 15 or so MM, nice little unit though, wifey has one and she uses a 22mm berserker on hers, it sticks over a little on each side. Probably hard to find much of a slection in actual 15 mm size but if you don't mind a little over hang there are a lot of 22 mm tanks that would work.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's a slim one only about 15 or so MM, nice little unit though, wifey has one and she uses a 22mm berserker on hers, it sticks over a little on each side. Probably hard to find much of a slection in actual 15 mm size but if you don't mind a little over hang there are a lot of 22 mm tanks that would work.

Hi Jimi, long time, no see! I hope you're doing well, and weathering the Covid storm safely.

The Berserker Mini that has the all-metal tank sounds like a good alternative, even if there's a little overhand, because then, NO MORE BROKEN GLASS!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors