Become a Patron!

Help me find the right RTA MTL ready-made coil

Hello experts,

I would like to begin the RTA adventure and need your help with the right MTL coil. For years I have been using Innokin tanks with 1,2 - 1,6 ohm Zenith coils.

What type of coil would you recommend? Brand/material/wire type. I will begin with low-cost Innokin Ares 2 or Wotofo Cog tanks.

Thanks in advance for any help and warm regards from Holland!
Dejan (xdexx)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Low cost would be spool(s) of Nihrome 80, Kanthal, and/or SS316L and make your own.
If your looking for something a little more fancy, depends on where you can buy from.
Aside from handbuilt, VandyVape and others have spools claptoned wired. I've bought some from FastTech before.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If you are looking to stay above 1 ohm then I would recommend kanthal.

jslaughter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've personally been using the superfine mtl fused clapton coils from vandy vape for a long while now and they always perform great and give intense flavor. You can buy them usually from myvpro.com as long as they have them in stock. Fairly inexpensive for a bottle of 10 and they last for a very long time.

The ones i get are the Fused Clapton 30ga*2+38ga (ni80)

I run these about 25w for a smooth flavorful vape, if i want more throat hit and some heat i crank up to about 30w but no need to ever go any higher, this will probably all depend on what rda and mod your using. I use a etna rda and a pico squeeze 2 sqounker.

Oh and if you go this route you might want to consider ordering more than just coils because now with myvpro doing the signature required shipping at $12 probably would not be worth just getting coils.

VU Sponsors