Become a Patron!

Help Please, Clapton Aspire

So a while ago I bought a friends vape off him and he seems to have done some...interesting...things. THe coil is burning through quick and i'm just not getting the flavour from any of my juices. Heres the set up,

Mod:e joytech VTC mini,
Battery: 3000mAh 3.7 V
Tank: Clapton aspire, coil 0.5 ohms
I generally tun it at about 12 Watts, but everywhere online seems to say this should be higher!

Any advice on how I can get the best out of my liquid/coil?

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No such tank...Clapton is a wire type that looks like a guitar-string
Aspire tanks that use .5Ω coils are Atlantis, Triton, Cleito and the Cleito 120

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So the coil is an Aspire Clapton 0.5 ohms. Is the tank a Triton, Triton 2, Atlantis, Atlantis 2, Cleito, etc? It could even be a tank from another company, for which these types of coils fit and work.

If you are vaping at 12 watts, are you sure you aren't using one of the above tanks with the 1.8 ohm coil, for mouth to lung, or maybe the Atlantis 0.5 ohm coil (older design, non Clapton, meant to vape in the 20-25 watt range, give or take)?

I have some experience with the Clapton 0.5, nice flavor in the 30's to low 40's watts, not very long coil life.

Really depends on tank, airflow settings, priming/coil break-in, what juice you are using (VG/PG, nic level), if you are trying direct lung or mouth to lung (like analog smoking), and I'm probably forgetting some others.

The good news is you probably have a tank that can use a large number of different coil types, depending on your preferences.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can use any of the other Triton, Atlantis EVO, or Atlantis coils, and there are 3rd party coils from Coil Art and Vaporwerx.

However, is there someone local who could take a look? Nothing should be burning out at 12w. Good luck, and I'm curious what it turns out to be.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just turned my evo down to 12W, holding the button down for 10 seconds almost gave me enough vapor to see when I exhaled...
2.4V is NOT even close to enough power....at around 25W the coils starts coming alive and I can vape, not a very good vape, but I can vape.
anywhere between 30-40W is my sweet-spot, depending on the juice

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Triton Clapton I think is 1.8? OHM not positive ------ useless post I know lol
But if your vape is fine at 14 watts maybe that's the OHM ur at.???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors