Become a Patron!

Help please!!!!

So im still fairly new at vaping and was wondering when should i charge my batteries? Like is there a wrong time to charge them? Should i wait until there completely dead.or??? And advice would be much appreciated!

I have two Samsung R25 batteries
Mod is smok morph 219

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
So im still fairly new at vaping and was wondering when should i charge my batteries? Like is there a wrong time to charge them? Should i wait until there completely dead.or??? And advice would be much appreciated!

Mod is smok morph 219

You should really get another set of batteries so one set could be fully charged and you could be using your mod- while your other set is being charged.
I usually charge my batteries when my mod says low battery or just before when I can see that the batteries are getting low.
You should be charging your mod batteries on an external battery charger too.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So im still fairly new at vaping and was wondering when should i charge my batteries? Like is there a wrong time to charge them? Should i wait until there completely dead.or???
Mod is smok morph 219
The batteries don't have a memory like some rechargeable batteries so you can charge them whenever.
Morph's cut off voltage is about 3.2v so there's no bad time to recharge imo. I swap batteries in regulated mods when the indicator gets close the end - w/o getting low battery warning, red bar, or to the point where it won't fire.

Added safety is another reason a charger is needed, as well as a couple more batteries.
Samsung 30Q or Sony VCT6 will get you more run time if your not using more than 100ish watts.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I charge when they go down low to a Low Battery warning unless I am leaving the house then I stick in a fully charged set and bring a fully charged set as a back up. Just how I do things and no right or wrong way.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No harm charging part-way or frequently. So even if they're not low yet, if it's convenient to "top off" charge - I'd go ahead. I often end up charging when they're not even halfway to "low" just because.

But also, I have a LOT of extras, so I can just rotate...

Mod is smok morph 219

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The batteries don't have a memory like some rechargeable batteries so you can charge them whenever.

I did not know this. Very helpful, thanks. I have been afraid to charge batteries until they are pretty low, thinking that I might get them used to an unwelcome charge pattern.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I charge when the indicator shows 60-50%, so around 3.7-3.5. I have plenty of batteries and see no reason to push them or stress them running them down to cut off point.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should really get another set of batteries so one set could be fully charged and you could be using your mod- while your other set is being charged.
I usually charge my batteries when my mod says low battery or just before when I can see that the batteries are getting low.
You should be charging your mod batteries on an external battery charger too.
Yes, this.

A decent 2 bay charger and another set of batteries can be had for like 30 bucks. If ordered from a good online vendor like LIION, you'll get a free case too.

The simplest method for now is to just have a set on the charger and a set in the mod. Swap them once a day no matter where the charge is in the batteries in the mod, and you always have good batteries.

IMHO the fear of charging in the mod is a bit overblown on one hand, but on the other, why do it when it so much better and inexpensive to grab a charger and spare batteries?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not know this. Very helpful, thanks. I have been afraid to charge batteries until they are pretty low, thinking that I might get them used to an unwelcome charge pattern.
Nope :D

Liithium Ion chemistry is not susceptible to this and even NICAD is not nearly as prone to it as it is often said to be. It has to be a lot of times and down to very close to the same discharge state every time for it really to be felt very much.

Last edited:
Yea i messed up and bought 2500mah batteries and a blackcell charger that is only 2000mah max. I guess it confused me because it said it was compatible with 18650 batteries.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea i messed up and bought 2500mah batteries and a blackcell charger that is only 2000mah max. I guess it confused me because it said it was compatible with 18650 batteries.
I think you are confusing battery capacity with the charger's current rating. 2500 mah (milliamp hours) is the capacity or run time of the batteries. 2000 ma (milliamps) or 2 amps, is the amount of current the charger uses to recharge the batteries.

VU Sponsors