Become a Patron!

Help with my TC mod

I am new to vaping only a few months in and both myself the Joyetech Evic VT full kit from a local dealer here in South Africa. The thing worked fine for the first few months now it just stopped working.

The screen comes on, it's fully charged coil and atty is on but it does not vape at all. Does not even reset the atomiser, just gives me a constant reading of what it was. I tried the manuals way of resetting it, nothing. It also kicks me from TC mode back to wattage mode for some reason. I use the nickel atomisers that came with the product and when i bought new ones it a pack of 5 with the Joyetech logo and name on.

Something else i found is that even with the tank removed it seems to still fire. I know this because it gives me that "10s protection" warning. Going into temp mode it gives me the "Atomiser NI protection" message.

Any ideas on what i can do to resolve this issue? I don't want to get rid of it as i like the look and feel of the Evic.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dip a Q-Tip in alcohol and clean the 510.

That last part about the auto firing leads me to believe it's more than just a dirty 510. Have you updated to the latest firmware? If not I would try updating and if that doesn't fix it, try taking it back.

Already did the Q-tip with alcohol trick on both the battery part and the bottom of the tank.
For the firmware answer, i already checked you can't update the firmware on the VT full kit model only on the Evic VT mini.

I looked at all the things that could cause problems. Would you recommend i take it back? because those baboons already told me they don't know thats how i ended up here lol.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
If you can still return it, then that's what I would recommend. If you can't, then you may have to buy another mod. I would not recommend getting another VT, get the Cuboid or VTC Mini instead. You will also need batteries and a charger too, since the VT has internal batteries. I know it is likely somewhat more expensive, but in the end, it will be a better system.

Looking at getting the Cuboid. The only problem now is to get the Cuboid in South Africa don't really want to import as our postal service is a reflection of the land I live in.Thanks for the advice guys.

VU Sponsors