Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've only been into DIY for a couple of month and have had a couple of successes but mostly failures. I recently came across vaping underground and all I keep reading about is how amazing HIC'S recipes are. After reading so many positive things I decided to mix a few of HIC'S posted recipes and HOLY "PURPLE COW"!!!!!! I'm hooked! So I just bought Lemon Cream Soda and Dulce De Leche Churros, of course I'm short a couple of ingredients as usual so I made an order and now I sit here bitting my finger nails waiting for the mail man. I've heard HIC compared to a dealer and all I can say is this noob DIYer is hooked! Thanks Headinclouds

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He could play with flavor mixing entirely outside of vaping, if that's something you're okay with. They're food flavorings, nothing risky about mixing a little bottle of flavors he picks, to add drops to soda water, milk, 7-up, coffee, gelatin, Cool Whip (yum)... Then he gets to be cool along with dad, but isn't vaping. My intro to flavor mixing was probably pouring together all the Fanta sodas when I was about 5. I still do stuff like that lol.
Wow, very wise idea.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like mixing flavors much more than actual cooking, so when I see a dessert-type recipe, I'll sometimes try it with flavorings first. If I like it as a vape, I'll go through the hassle and expense of making the actual recipe.
And thank you for this along with your notes, help, and advice. I have learned so much from you. I learned to look up recipes and try to create with some good results. You are a truly great person and so very generous with your knowledge and in general also. Thank you from my heart.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My son n law bought white wabbit, a full blown vapor juice and told me it tasted like trix. Can you make this? Me, um doubtful. And low and behold I see Hics Rabbit cereal. My order came in from Mamajsflavorshop, so I immediately mixed this up w/o milk. Damn fine Vape! Next I try white wabbit, yucky, I'm thinking. I look and realize it includes milk. I can tell by the taste it includes a capella type cream...possibly sweet cream and know why it is yucky to me. I personally love Rabbit cereal w/o milk. However I will use suggestions for milk addition in your recipe and ruin it with some caps sweet cream for him....

I know you didn't post to clone a recipe, but it may have worked in favor for my son n law. Ill let you know when he tries the ruined version. Haha...different strokes to different folks.

Last edited:

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just found VU a few days ago and just found HIC recipes today...all the recipes sound totally delicious but I have to ask, has anyone bought and completed the baklava recipe? If its even close to right after steeping it WILL be my ADV:):):):)

I can answer your query. I certainly have mixed up the baklava. I let it steep as I always do. Made 50ml,bought in the missing flavours from my inventory and mixed.
I loved it. It's a complex vape, initially honey comes through on the inhale then a great blended sweet, creamy pastry effect on the exhale.
Mix some of this stuff up NOW. It's fantastic.
Today I will be mixing up classic donut from hic. Bought the holiday spice especially. Can not wait for this!

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard HIC compared to a dealer and all I can say is this noob DIYer is hooked! Thanks Headinclouds

In case you have not heard or seen this yet HeadInClouds is already a dealer and is pared up with wllmc and his business. Together they will turn your purple cow many colors. Check them out if you want to save time and money!

https://gumroad.com/hic

http://mamajsflavorshop.com/

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Rabbit cereal...mixed this up w/o milk. Damn fine Vape! Next I try white rabbit, .. and realize it includes milk. .. I will use suggestions for milk addition in your recipe and ruin it with some caps sweet cream for him....

I know you didn't post to clone a recipe, but it may have worked in favor for my son n law. Ill let you know when he tries the ruined version. Haha...different strokes to different folks.

I intentionally made it milkless and without diketones so that milk, cream, (and diacetyl-flavor) fans can add their favorite. Flavor-match was my goal, so I made it taste like the box of Trix I had, never tried any vendor liquids or other people's recipes.

I generally avoid viewing other recipes before mine are done so I don't get any preconceived notions. When I'm done with mine, I search other recipes to make sure I didn't use the same tricks (Trix? haha) as someone else. If I discovered I used the same ideas as someone else, I'd scrap my recipe. It hasn't happened yet, which is testament to how many unique ideas are possible, even within such a specific flavor profile!

Anjelvape77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can answer your query. I certainly have mixed up the baklava. I let it steep as I always do. Made 50ml,bought in the missing flavours from my inventory and mixed.
I loved it. It's a complex vape, initially honey comes through on the inhale then a great blended sweet, creamy pastry effect on the exhale.
Mix some of this stuff up NOW. It's fantastic.
Today I will be mixing up classic donut from hic. Bought the holiday spice especially. Can not wait for this!
Thank you. I knew it had to be complex so I wanted to know someone in the world had tried it. Ordering the recipe today and whatever flavorings Im missing right after that. Cant wait to try it!!

Anjelvape77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He could play with flavor mixing entirely outside of vaping, if that's something you're okay with. They're food flavorings, nothing risky about mixing a little bottle of flavors he picks, to add drops to soda water, milk, 7-up, coffee, gelatin, Cool Whip (yum)... Then he gets to be cool along with dad, but isn't vaping. My intro to flavor mixing was probably pouring together all the Fanta sodas when I was about 5. I still do stuff like that lol.
I love this idea Im going to try it with my 13 yr olds...they are both always throwing flavor ideas at me when Im home and mixing and trying to get in on the action so to speak. Thanks for the idea:D

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
completely off post,but I was scrolling up and saw my fave cat from elsewhere and just had to say HI
Hi back, Anjel!
hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif

You should totally try that with your kids - Italian sodas are the bomb! And so much better than regular soda. Remember what these flavorings were originally made for...;)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To clarify: I know you know this HIC, but to any who do not I mean to clarify that my son n law wanted something certain and I had no idea where to even begin to make his white wabbit juice. I was happy to see I found Hic's Rabbit Cereal to play with to try to make something he would like. These juices are not the same, but somewhat similar. HIC, yours is spot on to Trix to my taste buds, white wabbit is not as close to Trix, but is a fruity type milky cereal. Therefore because I love my son n law ill give him Rabbit cereal with some caps sweet cream to appease him. I will not try to clone this vendor juice as my main flavors are FA, and I find it hard to clone anything especially if I don't like it.

I am happy I purchased a Rabbit Cereal as it's an amazing Vape imo. Really enjoying the Vape out of this one! Thanks tons, HIC!!!

Anjelvape77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
gumroad keeps stalling and freezing and acting retarded...this makes me so sad I really want to get my baklava recipe!!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, happens to me a lot too. Best thing to do is just wait, it will load eventually. ;)

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gumroad keeps stalling and freezing and acting retarded...this makes me so sad I really want to get my baklava recipe!!
I have the same problem also with several browsers.... Been trying to buy several recipes.. .. Funny thing is, I've checked out other pages on gumroad and they load fine, seems it's just @HIC 's Pictures or something weird..... His recipes deserve better site performance to sell easier.
Maybe it's cheap to host his store there, but the performance problem seems to be hurting sales....

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro 4

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, I noticed last night the screen loading for smaller devices (with recipes shown single-item-wide) was hosed. It still seems to be, so I'll contact Gumroad about that today.

Meanwhile, all is fine on larger displays like desktops (with recipes shows 3-items-wide). In fact, it seems improved.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, I was able to finally order on my desk top Firefox browser....
Bought 8 of them and will wait until I can acquire Joy before buying the other 4 i want

@HeadInClouds , I somehow missed out on the red cream soda you had up last week, is there a way to get that one also.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a hell of a time buying my 14. I updated my account with cc info via iPhone, and ended up using my desktop Mozilla to make the purchase. Iexplorer wouldn't work. I didn't want my cc info on the desktop because I'm not sure it is secure with the wife and kids using it.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wife loves the blue Hawaiian passion. I'm enjoying the strawberry milkshake without coffee. I have the toucon cereal with and without milk waiting.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My sincere apologies to mobile-device users, and thanks to those who have muddled through or moved to a desktop to get it to work.

Gumroad's page-loading is indeed currently optimized for desktop displays. Mobile performance is on their summer to-do list. I have some steps I need to try on my end, and I'll update here if I can create a detour around Gumroad's lousy mobile interface.

Anjelvape77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I noticed last night the screen loading for smaller devices (with recipes shown single-item-wide) was hosed. It still seems to be, so I'll contact Gumroad about that today.

Meanwhile, all is fine on larger displays like desktops (with recipes shows 3-items-wide). In fact, it seems improved.
just saw this post, so you know, I had the opposite issue...on my laptop it kept giving me issues but on my phone it was smooth....

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've made interim changes to my store until Gumroad addresses their current limitations.

* recipes listed at any given time will be limited to a given theme - currently "summery fruits"

* at least weekly, the theme will change and ALL recipes be swapped out with a different set

You'll have a shorter listing to scroll through, and it will be a whole new set next time you visit. This should help significantly for most combinations of mobile device+browser, older hardware, slow links, and so on.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If you bought HIC's Ginger Ale Sorbet Punch, check your email for an update/variation! If your email address has changed, PM me here or email me, and I'll get the new file to you.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My sincere apologies to mobile-device users, and thanks to those who have muddled through or moved to a desktop to get it to work.

Gumroad's page-loading is indeed currently optimized for desktop displays. Mobile performance is on their summer to-do list. I have some steps I need to try on my end, and I'll update here if I can create a detour around Gumroad's lousy mobile interface.

I want to emphasize what @Frankm also said, there are issues on Inet Explorer, I tried version 10 and still has loading issues....at work it actually kept crashing the browser when loading....

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use Firefox or Chrome as alternative, Microsoft Internet Explorer is my least choice

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Thank you, very aware, I was pointing this out for HIC, since he was only aware of mobile loading issues and IE is still very widely used....

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro 4

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, if they say you have to reformat your images (what usually screws up loading), I can help you with that, if you need me to. Just get the preferred specs (file size, file type, etc.).

For instance, if your images are originally large and it's automatically resizing (or you resize it within the interface by dragging "handles"), it's gonna want to load the original size anyway - if the file size is too large, it won't load properly in smaller devices. Or maybe it wants .png files, not .jpg. (IE especially is very finicky about images) I downloaded one of your images and it seemed fine, but some interfaces are finicky and want you to externally edit (in Photoshop et al) to the proper size and file type. (I know IE is finicky that way - that's what made me think of the images maybe being the problem)

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, if they say you have to reformat your images (what usually screws up loading), I can help you with that, if you need me to. Just get the preferred specs (file size, file type, etc.).

For instance, if your images are originally large and it's automatically resizing (or you resize it within the interface by dragging "handles"), it's gonna want to load the original size anyway - if the file size is too large, it won't load properly in smaller devices. Or maybe it wants .png files, not .jpg. (IE especially is very finicky about images) I downloaded one of your images and it seemed fine, but some interfaces are finicky and want you to externally edit (in Photoshop et al) to the proper size and file type. (I know IE is finicky that way - that's what made me think of the images maybe being the problem)

The main problem is with their code. I know what the issue is, but I'm not a Gumroad employee and can't change it. (It's based on the fact they used to limit their landing page to 9 items. They should loop once per listing, but seems to be 9 times per image on the second set, then 81 or some such nonsense for each of the next 9...and so on. I can see the design flaw in my head, but nothing I can do to fix it myself.) I thank you for volunteering to help, and be assured I am already a squeaky wheel to Gumroad's support team. If everything else about Gumroad wasn't so ideal, I'd have moved my store by now.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have a problem using Chrome on my desktop, just drags a tad. My iPad is horrible with it though.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The main problem is with their code. I know what the issue is, but I'm not a Gumroad employee and can't change it. (It's based on the fact they used to limit their landing page to 9 items. They should loop once per listing, but seems to be 9 times per image on the second set, then 81 or some such nonsense for each of the next 9...and so on. I can see the design flaw in my head, but nothing I can do to fix it myself.) I thank you for volunteering to help, and be assured I am already a squeaky wheel to Gumroad's support team. If everything else about Gumroad wasn't so ideal, I'd have moved my store by now.
This makes so much sense....I do only see 9 images at once and then have to wait to load more, but also on my work IE it just crashes after the third page every time (IE 11)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This makes so much sense....I do only see 9 images at once and then have to wait to load more, but also on my work IE it just crashes after the third page every time (IE 11)

There is no "after the third page" any more. It'll usually be about 18 items, so even IE may be able to handle it. lol

The store will now rotate through 6 themes:

summery fruits (the current theme)
coffee, tea, and a snack
creamy with no diketones, which is ice cream, cheesecake, smoothies, and similar stuff
bakery and cereal
candy and soda pop
tobacco, cocktails, and desserts with liqueur

Each theme includes about 18 recipes. ALL will swap out when the theme changes. Swaps will be often, at least twice a week.

I added a note there announcing the current theme and when the next one begins (which is tomorrow, by the way).

Last edited:

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excellent....
Back to Mix Talk!

I finally purchased multiple recipes.
First off can I say how awesome it is that you not only get a recipe, but you get HIC's notes and thoughts as to why or how it works and some have several variations / ideas to try....Well worth the few bucks apiece.

First thoughts HIC's Caramel Macchiato

Hearing great things about FA Esspresso/Coffee I had to try this first
Although it's listed as a shake n vape, I prefer to let most recipes stew for 12-24 hrs before I give it a full tanks tasting.
I believe this one benefits some from letting it sit a bit.
WOW, this stuff is bangin'!!!! I love dark roast coffee and FA coffee is just that....perfect.
My hats off once again HIC for another scrumptious potential ADV....(the list keeps growing....LOL)

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The store will now rotate through 6 themes:

summery fruits (the current theme)
coffee, tea, and a snack
creamy with no diketones, which is ice cream, cheesecake, smoothies, and similar stuff
bakery and cereal
candy and soda pop
tobacco, cocktails, and desserts with liqueur

Ever consider having a bulk special deal either regularly or on holidays like other stores.
Most are $3 each so maybe something like 10 for $25 type deal orrrr buy 10 $3 recipes get a $5 one freee ....you see where I'm going...lol
just throwin it out there...I see myself buying many more....

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm very unlikely to ever have a sale, bulk deals, or subscriptions. I like it as simple as possible.

I still occasionally add to my public recipes here on VU (latest one: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pom-pom.101581/ ). There are more of those than there are store recipes. So far. :)

Thank you and I hear you..... Keep It Simple S.....
It was your free recipes that got me to order a bunch of your others

Not sure how you decide which to post and sell but it seems to be working .....

May I add, if it wasn't for you and Mama J / Willmc, I would be totally lost and frustrated with DIY....yea HIC.....yea Will

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally got off my lazy butt and mixed the Sweet Watermelon Juice. I don't know how you do it, but geezus!!! Reminds me of an aguas frescas. Sooo refreshing and perfect. It's amazing how the other flavors only serve to highlight the watermelon. I'm impressed again. Thank you!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
New today at HIC's Mixes : Valencia Cooler
View attachment 23793
Inspired by Starbucks' Valencia Refresher, which they describe, "three varietals of orange combined with floral and fruity notes from orange peel, cardamom, jasmine and apricot." Those flavors are all here, plus a splash of jasmine tea for extra summery appeal.
This recipe uses only FlavourArt flavorings.

Starbucks announced they're discontinuing their Valencia Refresher, and fans are protesting loudly. Once you taste this complex orange-apricot flavor blend, you'll understand why!
WOW! This was a really, super nice, delicious change for my taste buds! Really nice vape, HIC. Very well done, thank you :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New theme is up: coffee, tea, and a snack. It will remain until Saturday.

Reactions: Kat

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New theme is up: coffee, tea, and a snack. It will remain until Saturday.
@HeadInClouds I am missing Valencia Cooler from your store, I can't see. Am I really getting old so that I can't see that in your store :eek:or that's went behind the rotation list?o_O Let me know please. By the way there are only 18 items in your store which I can see now

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I am missing Valencia Cooler from your store, I can't see. Am I really getting old so that I can't see that in your store :eek:or that's went behind the rotation list?o_O Let me know please. By the way there are only 18 items in your store which I can see now

See post 848 in this thread! It has indeed swapped out, and the 18 items is correct.
I will add Valencia back (at the bottom) for today, since you didn't know yet about this change.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds I moved from California to Mississippi for job and struggling with many thing residence, car etc etc so didn't get chance to follow you and rest of HIC's Fan Club (sorry :mad:) but trying to catch as much as possible. ALSO IS THERE ANYONE FROM MISSISSIPPI? would love to have someone if any? Thanks HIC please let me know once it's updated.

VU Sponsors