Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, thanks a bunch, I appreciate the advice greatly.

FA is a new brand for me, is this place on the level: http://www.eliquidmart.com/
When I moved from non FA flavors to FA flavors I took advice of @HeadInClouds and bought almost 80, 3ml samples from http://mamajsflavorshop.com/ since then mostly buying from them. They are very respectable and famous DIY flavor shop specially @wiimc I am 100% sure you will not regret that.

Most importantly William from http://mamajsflavorshop.com/ is like us amazing person. Excellent service, Excellent product, Excellent packaging and ontop of Excellent fast shipping with SOME OF THE FREE Samples ;) what else I wanted for my experiments :) @HeadInClouds's recipe store https://gumroad.com/hic and http://mamajsflavorshop.com/ are my 2 favourite places.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well, thanks a bunch, I appreciate the advice greatly.

FA is a new brand for me, is this place on the level: http://www.eliquidmart.com/

I second (well, 'third') what Huck and Elites wrote about mamaj's. They will absolutely get it to you faster than any other vendor can, and you'll love their pro packaging.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, what was it I read awhile back about ordering from ELM?... It seems to take a threat of cancellation to get your order shipped out. :D
I've never ordered from them, but probably not a good idea when there are better places: mamaj's, Bull City Vapor, Ecig Express,...

Y2Rooster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anybody else having problems paying for recipes on the Gumroad site? I trying to order and it won't let me select payment options.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Anybody else having problems paying for recipes on the Gumroad site? I trying to order and it won't let me select payment options.

It's normal for me on all my different devices (screen formats there differ by device). Try again?

Y2Rooster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK. I'll try again. If that don't work, I'll move to different device. Thank you

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I purchased 4oz of triacetin from tfa on my very first flavor order. It came in a metal container. After seeing the container I was to intimidated to open it.

http://www.inchem.org/documents/sids/sids/102761.pdf Triacetin has been extensively tested in various applications on humans, small animals, even aquatic creatures - and no hazards have been found; it's not an eye/skin irritant, not found to be an inhalation hazard. Reading that document indicates you could use it as lotion, put it in in your eyes, breath the vapors, and pour leftovers in a stream without harm. Test results indicated you could bathe your pet rabbit with it, force feed it to your pet rat, inject it in your dog's veins, and use it as your own meal replacement without harm. (I'm not even exaggerating for comic effect.) It decomposes readily, so it's not an environmental threat. It's commonly used in quantity for all kinds of consumer and industrial applications, and no harm to humans has been noted. However, it IS a plasticizer - it will wreck plastic tanks!

Ksarrow

Member For 4 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : Peach Cider Pie
View attachment 23300
"Baked peaches in sweet syrup, mild peach cider, and extra-rich pie crust - an extraordinary peach pie vape. This recipe uses only FlavourArt flavorings, including Liquid Amber."

mmm-mmm!
Mixed it, shook it and I really like it fresh. Flavors are really full bodied, deep and finishes lightly sweet. Swear I can taste it on the roof of my mouth on exhale. Vaping it like an expensive cigar long and slow.

If you are a bourbon drinker, I highly suggest pairing it with a short glass of Buffalo Trace.

I find it better around 14 J 440 degrees in a sub tank.

One day capped at room temp. and everything is smoothing out and layering up nice. Peach showed up not being dominate but certainly there playing well the others. Very smooth and silky and still not too sweet.

Going to make a pre mix of flavors on this one cause I really like it fresh as much as steeped.

Loaded in a nautilus mini at 13 watts.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed it, shook it and I really like it fresh. Flavors are really full bodied, deep and finishes lightly sweet. Swear I can taste it on the roof of my mouth on exhale. Vaping it like an expensive cigar long and slow.

If you are a bourbon drinker, I highly suggest pairing it with a short glass of Buffalo Trace.

I find it better around 14 J 440 degrees in a sub tank.
Ooo, now I have to have that one.....:)

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can Triacetin be put In a dropper bottle for dispensing?

Please keep the cereal and pirate truffles recipes up through the weekend. I've decided to access the wheel with easy access instead of trying to invent it.

I have your sweet watermelon, banana pudding and pralines and cream recipes. Strawberry used to be my go to flavor, but lately I'm more interest in banana and coconut flavors. What was that recipe you described as not having the dry husk coconut flavor?

Are there any recipes which are extremely recommended?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Can Triacetin be put In a dropper bottle for dispensing?

What was that recipe you described as not having the dry husk coconut flavor?

Are there any recipes which are extremely recommended?

I have NO idea on the triacetin; I've never used it as a raw ingredient. You could ask Linda at The Flavor Apprentice, or just use glass/metal to eliminate all possibility of problems.

Gooey Coconut Cookies have no husk in the coconut (I wrote that in post #573 of this thread).

I think different people would give different answers to your last question. I try to describe them as accurately and completely as I can so you can decide if it sounds good to you. All have a description, just click on the picture.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any chance of a cinnamon toast crunch cereal recipe?
@Zeeli posted one of those that is pretty spot on. ;)
Couldn't locate the link, but I had it copied in my computer:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch by Zeeli…. VU

5% TFA Cinnamon Danish
3% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
4% TFA Brown Sugar
1% Fa Vienna Cream
1% Fa Fresh Cream
.25% Fa Hazelnut
.25 TFA Cinnamon

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gooey Coconut Cookies are amazingly good! Before these I'd been underwhelmed by Joy, but I'm in love with this recipe :) Time to make a (really) big bottle!
Man those cookies sound good, Will be my next purchase.

I just bought rabbit cereal and I was low or out of certain flavors. I hit up mamaj and they were out of some of what I needed and the next day a notification e mail said they were back in stock. How awesome is that? My mojo is good!

I love joy standalone and I love coconut, so I'm sure I'll love these. God bless HIC & MAMAJ!!!

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I noticed the old fashioned DOUGHNUTS recipe at your store and had to buy it right away. I can't wait to get the one ingredient I'm missing to make this. Thank you for giving me doughnuts with my morning coffee!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are at least two of us, D - and I do think we're a very tiny minority with that.
I recall another, but forgot who it was...that makes 3. I figure it is a good thing I don't like them. Even the revised V2 versions I can't tolerate. I was explaining this to Matt @ Bull City & I believe he told me that although the custard notes had been taken out something else was used to replace the baddies, but I don't like it either. The only bad thing I am fond of would be nf malt and ginger....yet to try FA pistachio.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I recall another, but forgot who it was...that makes 3. I figure it is a good thing I don't like them. Even the revised V2 versions I can't tolerate. I was explaining this to Matt @ Bull City & I believe he told me that although the custard notes had been taken out something else was used to replace the baddies, but I don't like it either. The only bad thing I am fond of would be nf malt and ginger....yet to try FA pistachio.

FA Pistachio was reformulated at least a year ago to be free of diketones.
(p.s. v2 Capellas use butyric acid)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool. When I think of pistachio I think of the desert you make with pistachio pudding, cool whip, marshmallows, & pineapple. I've been meaning to work on something like that. If you were to cape pistachio standalone, what % would you use?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Cool. When I think of pistachio I think of the desert you make with pistachio pudding, cool whip, marshmallows, & pineapple. I've been meaning to work on something like that. If you were to cape pistachio standalone, what % would you use?

Tapatalk always changes "vape" to "cape" doesn't it? lol

Is that called Watergate Salad? I wouldn't go over 2% FA Pistachio, and imo it's NOT tasty standalone. It's like raw pistachio, shell included - not an easy flavor to work with. I really couldn't tell the difference between the with-diacetyl version from 2 years ago and reformulated one.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes: Valencia Cooler
p Valencia Cooler 200.jpg
Inspired by Starbucks' Valencia Refresher, which they describe, "three varietals of orange combined with floral and fruity notes from orange peel, cardamom, jasmine and apricot." Those flavors are all here, plus a splash of jasmine tea for extra summery appeal.
This recipe uses only FlavourArt flavorings.

Starbucks announced they're discontinuing their Valencia Refresher, and fans are protesting loudly. Once you taste this complex orange-apricot flavor blend, you'll understand why!

Last edited:

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, since I've decided with my 14 hour work days I simply don't have time to create anything worthwhile ( only to modify ) any good mixes (and barely have time to keep my wife and I stocked), I'm taking the HIC route. I picked 5 recipes. I then provided my wife the link to this thread. She responding with 18 recipes...oh well, at least she is for spending the $ on them :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well, since I've decided with my 14 hour work days I simply don't have time to create anything worthwhile ( only to modify ) any good mixes (and barely have time to keep my wife and I stocked), I'm taking the HIC route. I picked 5 recipes. I then provided my wife the link to this thread. She responding with 18 recipes...oh well, at least she is for spending the $ on them :)

If she'll also mix them for you, that sounds like a pretty slick arrangement. :D

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If she'll also mix them for you, that sounds like a pretty slick arrangement. :D
I guess I kind of screwed that up when I brought the first bottle of nicotine in the house. I was just like don't even touch this bottle. You could be drt (dead right there). Since then I've tried to get her to just watch mix up a non nic test bottle, but she just won't have it.
My 14 yo son on the other hand is always looking over my shoulder. Come on dad, let me do it. I've even been bouncing around the idea of seeing what he could create, nic free. Even with it being nic free, I'm just not sure I want to start down that road. Seems simple enough, and I suppose it won't hurt him to test his creations nic free in the dripper, but I just don't know if that would be the wisest thing to do.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I kind of screwed that up when I brought the first bottle of nicotine in the house. I was just like don't even touch this bottle. You could be drt (dead right there). Since then I've tried to get her to just watch mix up a non nic test bottle, but she just won't have it.
My 14 yo son on the other hand is always looking over my shoulder. Come on dad, let me do it. I've even been bouncing around the idea of seeing what he could create, nic free. Even with it being nic free, I'm just not sure I want to start down that road. Seems simple enough, and I suppose it won't hurt him to test his creations nic free in the dripper, but I just don't know if that would be the wisest thing to do.

When I first started DIY my daughter was 16 and badly wanted to taste my non nic creations (she's a major foodie). I explained to her that with her young, healthy lungs it really wasn't a good idea. I see ejuice as harm reduction for my lungs, which were abused by cigarette smoke for 40 years, but for someone young who isn't already smoking it seemed to me an unnecessary risk. Just my 02 cents worth :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My 14 yo son on the other hand is always looking over my shoulder. Come on dad, let me do it.

He could play with flavor mixing entirely outside of vaping, if that's something you're okay with. They're food flavorings, nothing risky about mixing a little bottle of flavors he picks, to add drops to soda water, milk, 7-up, coffee, gelatin, Cool Whip (yum)... Then he gets to be cool along with dad, but isn't vaping. My intro to flavor mixing was probably pouring together all the Fanta sodas when I was about 5. I still do stuff like that lol.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first started DIY my daughter was 16 and badly wanted to taste my non nic creations (she's a major foodie). I explained to her that with her young, healthy lungs it really wasn't a good idea. I see ejuice as harm reduction for my lungs, which were abused by cigarette smoke for 40 years, but for someone young who isn't already smoking it seemed to me an unnecessary risk. Just my 02 cents worth :)
Your 2 cents worth is perfect here!! Well said and done.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet that's how Starbucks comes up with their "specialty" drinks though...:D
They came out with their Flan Frapuccino right about at the same time I was vaping DIY Flan from OoO Flavors. :p

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe I picked up 14 recipes. Had to add 7 favors to my order which I placed right after. Headed to mama j to see if they have joy in stock. Thanks HIC. You will be a legend some day :)

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Arg. I has hoping the joy shortage was over. Does anyone know where I could snag (not shag) some joy

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Arg. I has hoping the joy shortage was over. Does anyone know where I could snag (not shag) some joy
I think the fastest way you'll get it is putting your name in to be notified by bullcity. Unless you're in Canada or Europe, where they're apparently hoarding our share!

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
They came out with their Flan Frapuccino right about at the same time I was vaping DIY Flan from OoO Flavors. :p

what?! Starbucks has a frappuccino I haven't noticed yet? Is it a good one?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I like mixing flavors much more than actual cooking, so when I see a dessert-type recipe, I'll sometimes try it with flavorings first. If I like it as a vape, I'll go through the hassle and expense of making the actual recipe.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the fastest way you'll get it is putting your name in to be notified by bullcity. Unless you're in Canada or Europe, where they're apparently hoarding out share!
Cool thanks I no didn't known that could be done.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the fastest way you'll get it is putting your name in to be notified by bullcity. Unless you're in Canada or Europe, where they're apparently hoarding out share!
How is that done? I didn't see an option

Anjelvape77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just found VU a few days ago and just found HIC recipes today...all the recipes sound totally delicious but I have to ask, has anyone bought and completed the baklava recipe? If its even close to right after steeping it WILL be my ADV:):):):)

VU Sponsors