Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you everyone - I sure appreciate all the encouraging comments! :)

p.s. Sometimes, people offended by the concept of my store are not aware I also have 100+ public recipes here: http://vapingunderground.com/forums/diy-e-liquid-recipes.50/ (mine start "HIC's...") People new to VU sometimes don't even notice the recipes subforum!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd buy them all if I wasn't considering quitting vaping at some point. I have almost broke even on DIY and mods vs estimated smoking over 7 months.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'd buy them all if I wasn't considering quitting vaping at some point. I have almost broke even on DIY and mods vs estimated smoking over 7 months.

lol - I kept track of my "breakeven" point for the first 4-6 months, then quit tracking it out of embarrassment. That was my "acquiring flavorings" phase, and I went beyond the norm, you could say. It probably took me 12-18 months to break even, but now the savings are tremendous. Far better, my partner and I both quit nic painlessly after decades of use, no more wheezing/coughing fits. I can't put a dollar value on that!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still coughing and having a baby in a month. I like vaping but think I could probably ween down to quit over the next month with the right flavors.

Kebabzi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to bother you HIC. Two questions. Which company makes the best Pear flavor in your opinion? And is it possible to replace the FA apricot in your brandy mix to make brandied Pears With cream?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry to bother you HIC. Two questions. Which company makes the best Pear flavor in your opinion? And is it possible to replace the FA apricot in your brandy mix to make brandied Pears With cream?

I have three: TFA, FA, and Inawera. That's the order I bought them in. I don't especially like real pears or vaping plain pear flavor, but in mixes I can tolerate some. TFA was reasonable, but I thought FA's was more realistic - very much like a (fresh, not canned) Bartlet pear. Inawera is sweeter to me, but I have yet to get it to mix nicely with other flavors. It's bossy! But if you wanted a bold standalone pear flavor, Inawera would sure do it. For recipes, I reach for FA, and my TFA just gathers dust.

Brandied pears - if that sounds good to you, why not try it? I think FA Apricot and FA Pear would be good together, too. And/or Peach! Just remember that Brandy starts off really strong and boozy, so if you want to taste mostly fruit, let anything you make with it sit a day or two.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm still coughing and having a baby in a month. I like vaping but think I could probably ween down to quit over the next month with the right flavors.

I went to "like" your post, but didn't want to "like" the part about coughing. I hope that disappears soon, and CONGRATULATIONS to you!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(summer is coming - let's head for the tropics!)

New today at HIC's Mixes : Blue Hawaiian Passion

p Blue Hawaiian Passion 200.jpg
"If you like Piña Coladas, you will enjoy a Blue Hawaiian. This is a juicy tiki cocktail with cream of coconut, Curaçao orange liqueur, fresh pineapple juice, and rum. This one adds a splash of tropical passionfruit. White peach and menthol fans, there are options included for you, too. This recipe uses only FlavourArt flavorings."

Last edited:

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
(summer is coming - let's head for the tropics!)

New today at HIC's Mixes : Blue Hawaiian Passion

View attachment 22263
"If you like Piña Coladas, you will enjoy a Blue Hawaiian. This is a juicy tiki cocktail with cream of coconut, Curaçao orange liqueur, fresh pineapple juice, and rum. This one adds a splash of tropical passionfruit. White peach and menthol fans, there are options included for you, too. This recipe uses only FlavourArt flavorings."
Sweet! Just finished 30s of Desert Julius and Watermelon juice. Need more summer!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I've been curious about this for awhile, but never thought to ask...are you a bartender?

No, but I'd rather be a bartender than a bar customer. I'm pretty much a teetotaler, don't like the flavor of strong alcohol, but I really enjoy vape recipes with those flavors. I know that's odd!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, me too. I don't remember off the top of my head at the moment if it's FW or a BCV brand of "fuzzy navel" flavoring I have, but at 10% and a two week steep, it's pretty close to drinking one. Yum!

malayson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are really fast hic's. Always surprise me. My FA flavoring just arrived last week from Italy. Their service is really great. Only take a week to arrived to my country.

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hics mixes update.

Right the other day I bought four more of HIC's recipes:

Cola haribo. I have to say this one's spot on. Lovely fresh flavour with a nice Cola taste, just like the sweets.
Perfect for sub ohm and also doesn't leave any residue on the coil after 30ml. Good job.

Gooey coconut cookies. Just cleaned out my goblin rta after the Cola and started on this delicacy.
After having tried hics Chinese almond cookies there are some similarities to this. Although nice the Chinese version of cookies didn't really do it for me, only made it once and haven't revisited.
Now with the Gooey cookies I'm not sure if it's the new addition of the fa joy flavour or what but these are amazing. Thoroughly enjoying this vape.
Brilliant job implementing this new flavour hic, my hat goes of to you.
Recommended to anyone, especially cookie lovers.

Once I've finished vaping this, I'll comment on the other 2 of Hics mixes:

Creme de menthe cheesecake,

Normal haribo.

Thanks again as always hic, fantastic work.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My FA flavoring just arrived last week from Italy. Their service is really great. Only take a week to arrived to my country.

Wow, that's faster than shipments to the U.S., for sure. And now the fun begins!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes: Blueberry Cider
p Blueberry Cider 200.jpg
"This changes FlavourArt's musky Bilberry flavor into the sweet juice of fresh American blueberries, with a background of apples and cinnamon-brown sugar. This is fresh cider flavor - not fermented or boozy. The blueberry juice steals the show. This recipe uses FlavourArt flavorings and The Flavor Apprentice's Brown Sugar. FA Brandy is required for a special effect (this is not a hard cider flavor)."

Last edited:

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Had to stop using chocolate! Plays havoc with me sub ohming.
You do have to be careful with Chocolate and Cocco. As @HIC has stated, it does scorch easy at higher watts and I can confirm the truth on that one lololol

SixFiveLive

Member For 4 Years
Hi HIC. Thanks again for your awesome work. I don't see how to PM you, just profile post, so I'll ask here. Tiramisu doesn't seem to agree with me, although I love it. On some recipes like Straw Mocha Frap, would you recommend a substitute of Espresso and maybe something else for some/all of the Tiramisu? I realize I'd be missing some of the things the Tiramisu gives, and I'd like to try just lowering it and seeing if its tolerable before not using it. Thanks. (Edit: oh, I guess PMing is probably "start a conversation" but I'm sure you'll see this here.)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...Espresso and maybe something else for some/all of the Tiramisu?

If using FA Coffee Espresso, I'd use less of it. But FA Cappuccino is one I'd use at the same percentage as Tiramisu. It would give you a very creamy coffee flavor (no chocolate or cake), with the same (low) level of sweetness as Tiramisu, and you could add FA Chocolate if you wanted some. You could also try using just half as much Tiramisu as a recipe calls for, and letting it sit several days to develop. In my opinion, Tiramisu tastes smoother over time.

SixFiveLive

Member For 4 Years
If using FA Coffee Espresso, I'd use less of it. But FA Cappuccino is one I'd use at the same percentage as Tiramisu. It would give you a very creamy coffee flavor (no chocolate or cake), with the same (low) level of sweetness as Tiramisu, and you could add FA Chocolate if you wanted some. You could also try using just half as much Tiramisu as a recipe calls for, and letting it sit several days to develop. In my opinion, Tiramisu tastes smoother over time.
OK, thank you. It's not that it's too harsh for me, I seem to have some reaction to it. Like my head feeling weird and some throat issues. It's only been with Tiramisu flavored things so far. The FA flavoring and a vendor juice I've had. :( I really love the flavor itself though.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
OK, thank you. It's not that it's too harsh for me, I seem to have some reaction to it. Like my head feeling weird and some throat issues. It's only been with Tiramisu flavored things so far. The FA flavoring and a vendor juice I've had. :( I really love the flavor itself though.

Oh, that is a bummer! I wonder what part of it you're sensitive to. Tread carefully with FA Coffee Espresso, Cappuccino, Cocoa, and Chocolate if you're not sure they're okay for you, since they're similar flavors.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds , is the Tiramisu Wafer Cookies recipe not available at GumRoad? Or is it strictly a pre-mix at Mama J's?

*Never mind, just found the answer on the Mama J's thread....;):(

Last edited:

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, that is a bummer! I wonder what part of it you're sensitive to. Tread carefully with FA Coffee Espresso, Cappuccino, Cocoa, and Chocolate if you're not sure they're okay for you, since they're similar flavors.
Yeah I ripped my throat raw a month ago with a coffee mix I made and developed a sinus infection I can't shake. Probably doubled what HIC would use for a bold flavor.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds , is the Tiramisu Wafer Cookies recipe not available at GumRoad? Or is it strictly a pre-mix at Mama J's?

*Never mind, just found the answer on the Mama J's thread....;):(

Tiramisu Wafer Cookies and Strawberry Whoppers are both recipes I made exclusively for Mamaj's. In fact, I made my current tank of Strawberry Whoppers using Mamaj's premix!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got my Black Kanger Subox and vaping a secret HIC rum juice that took 11 ingredients I think.
f3527b88b9f713cfb706633c793785a0.jpg

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had all 3 mods I bought Feb 21 die. Kbox 1, istick50, and my 2nd mvp30 (my fault on it)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both my KBoxes are doing well so far, not even had any trouble with my Cloupor Mini (knock on wood)....istick50 will be here today. ;)

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Istick died after leaving it still for 2 days with a dark horse on it after 3 months of daily use with a karger mini on it. Kbox flashes with my mini and nano with new coils and fresh batteries. Mvp30 1 died falling off bed to hard wood. Warranty repair fell into a creek after kayaking 1' for 3 seconds. Worked for an hour now faults.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I shouldn't leave a tank on it when I'm not using it?

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are 100s of reports of istick 50 failures on here and Reddit. With a kmini it was fine. Left a dripper on and it faulted forever. Thought they were all abusive people then I did nothing and it crapped out. Itaste was easy to redeem warranty I haven't tried for kanger or eleaf. Just hope this black one lasts.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two Kanger sub tanks, a K. nano, and a fogger.....I hope it likes them.....:)

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a bummer. I figured the $500-1000 I spent on flavorings, vg, pg, nic, and lab equipment my big purchases would be done. Each mod that dies is like a carton of smokes..

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep thinking it's time to move on to regulated boxes, then I hear stuff like this and it just drags me to my mechs again. :oops:
That would totally break my heart, especially with how tight my funds are. Sucks that you've had such crappy luck with equipment. :(

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had a Sigelei 150w box mod for pretty much a year now with not a single problem.
I run it with a ud goblin at the minute, never under 40w. I can personally vouch for this, amazing bit of kit.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

VU Sponsors