Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC's Mixes
HIC's logo - thumb.jpg

What is HIC's mixes?
This is my stash of unpublished DIY recipe files, including most of my recipes since early 2015.
HIC's Mixes recipes are for personal, non-commercial use only.

What do I get when I buy a HIC's mixes recipe?
You immediately receive an automated email including a "download" button. Click the button to tell it where you want your file. The .pdf file includes the recipe and accompanying notes, such as customization tips, variations, flavor substitutions, explanation of flavor interactions, mixing tips, etc. You also get free updates any time a recipe you bought changes (you can opt out any time). I monitor diketone information, new flavor releases, and availability of flavorings used in my recipes. Updates are sometimes related to that, or they may be extra notes, a new variation, or a reformulated recipe.

What flavors do I need?
HIC's Mixes recipes use mainly FlavourArt e-cig flavorings. The description tells you if any other brands are needed.

Why buy HIC's unpublished recipes?
Here are some reasons DIYers have given me:
You want better-than-vendor vapes -- with no diacetyl or substitutes.
You're new to DIY or FlavourArt and want tasty results quickly.
You need to save time/money/effort -- but you want gourmet vapes.
You're an experienced DIYer and want to learn new FlavourArt mixing tricks.
You've enjoyed my public recipes, and you want more.

My notes on FlavourArt flavors are available for free download here: https://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html

Have questions, comments, or suggestions?

If you're not a VU member or don't want to post publicly, you can contact me privately here: https://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Want a peek into what's coming next? Here are two of my current projects that are producing encouraging results:

shortbread and creme sandwich cookies (think Oreo, Dare, Hydrox, Vienna Fingers): The shortbread cookie part of this is so impressive, I’ve been combining it with all of Oreo’s “limited edition” filling flavors. So far, lemon-creme sandwich cookie is a clear winner, so watch for that one very soon. I didn’t like real watermelon Oreos, but of course I had to try a vape version. Uhmmm, we’ll forget about that one. Would you believe Caramel Apple Oreos were a thing? Speaking of caramel...

dulce de leche: This might be the sweetest all-FA recipe I’ve ever vaped - and so buttery-rich. I’m excited by the prospect of an all-FA replacement for those tasty (but loaded with diacetyl/subs) flavors by TFA and FW. I don’t have a straight dulce de leche to offer yet, but this “dulce effect” can be found now in my Hazelnut Pralines n Cream recipe - available at my store.

Those two projects are leading to numerous ideas and offshoots. With luck, a few will develop into tasty new recipes. With certainty, a few others will give me some funny stories to tell...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif
Congrats! :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How cool! Mmmmm, shortbread, yes!!
Amen to that. I love shortbread.

Awesome!

Oh, and I can vouch for the lemon cream soda - I'm vaping it now, and it's delicious:D
I REALLY like that one, too. And the Orange Soda. I got super psyched when I saw those.

I think, so far, my fave is the Blueberry Coconut Smoothie. I purposely took 3 set ups to work with me this week so I wouldn't have to leave home without it. I vaped it, solely, on at least one of my breaks. Quikberry Pink is also YUM.

I think I want to try the new Linzertorte next, but I can't decide, the Gingerbread looks wonderful. I love this idea, HIC. And I like the photos, because it does give you an idea of what it would taste like. Anytime you've posted a pic with a recipe in the past, it matched in flavor. Pear Apple Frangipane, was the first time I noticed that. (It's posted in VU for anyone that hasn't tried it!)

So glad you took this bull by the horns. You deserve so much more. You've been a huge inspiration to so many people over the last year and a half. I'm very thankful for the knowledge share. You helped me to stay stopped when it came to smoking. I can't put a price on that. Thank you.

Thomas Miraglia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Purchased Quickberry pink and have been vaping it nonstop all day. I am a huge fan of cuttwood's and suicide bunny's versions and without a doubt, this recipe is better. It's also a pleasure to vape it without worrying about inhaling the diketones which I'm pretty sure the other ones have. It bothers me to think about how much money I spent on those juices compared to the 3 dollars for this recipe. Ready to go purchase the rest of HIC's recipes. He is such an asset to all vapers like myself who have a hard time mixing anything worthwhile. Please keep the recipes coming.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Purchased Quickberry pink and have been vaping it nonstop all day. I am a huge fan of cuttwood's and suicide bunny's versions and without a doubt, this recipe is better. It's also a pleasure to vape it without worrying about inhaling the diketones which I'm pretty sure the other ones have. It bothers me to think about how much money I spent on those juices compared to the 3 dollars for this recipe. Ready to go purchase the rest of HIC's recipes. He is such an asset to all vapers like myself who have a hard time mixing anything worthwhile. Please keep the recipes coming.
Oh I'm going to have to try that one! Mixed up the blueberry coconut smoothie today but I'm just waiting for an empty tank. I can't put the lemon cream soda down (going to have to make more!).

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey def wanna try the blueberry coconut smoothie but quick question. How many differwnt flavors do you use? I ask this only because this is my first diy juice and can't afford a ton of flavors at once I plan on making a collection over time.

You can buy small 3ml sample sizes of FA flavors from http://mamajsjuice.com/ for $1.50! This is a great way to start, and you can decide which flavors you want to order in larger sizes!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How far does 3ml bottle really go like how many ml can they make i know recipes very but just looking for an estimation

When I started out I made 6ml samples of any recipes I thought I might like. So you only use literally a few drops from each bottle (for instance, I don't think I ever use more than 2% of FA in a mix, so that would be about 4 drops). If I liked a recipe I bought a bigger bottle, but these bottles will last for a while if you're just making up little samples of complex juices. Let's say you just wanted to use a single flavor at 5% - for a 30ml bottle you'd need 1.5mls. Does that help?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wayyyy longer than you'd expect. I have some I bought nearly a year ago that I use regularly. FA is that concentrated.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've peeked at your recipe site and see many that spark my interest! Gotta go flavor shopping! I have tons, but even in the recipe forum, I always seem to lack at least one..... I have a "wish list" on my desk that has begun to cross over to two pages....lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've peeked at your recipe site and see many that spark my interest! Gotta go flavor shopping! I have tons, but even in the recipe forum, I always seem to lack at least one..... I have a "wish list" on my desk that has begun to cross over to two pages....lol!

Oh, we all know that lacking-one phenomenon!

The longer I play with FA flavors, the fewer I have that sit unused. I've gotten some great recipes out of almost all my FA e-cig flavors. I don't vape tobaccos very often; maybe I'll eventually get to all of those.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, we all know that lacking-one phenomenon!

The longer I play with FA flavors, the fewer I have that sit unused. I've gotten some great recipes out of almost all my FA e-cig flavors. I don't vape tobaccos very often; maybe I'll eventually get to all of those.

And I'll certainly look forward to those! I had some of your Swiss Bliss today and it's so much richer in just the three days since I made it! And I thoroughly enjoyed one I just made last night with Inawara Cappuccino tobacco.....dreamy! I have at least 3 on your site pegged soon as I get on my laptop and can print them. I've learned so much from you and the forum as a whole in the past 10 days since I joined. Grateful I found it and thank you!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think the best course of action is to order every single FA flavor just to be prepared.
Lol, it does help, but I still experience that. Boyfriend commented on the amount of flavorings I have. He asked if some were eliquid or were they all flavorings. I only had one box out. I thought it looked normal.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
People gotta read your signature for that to make sense, lol!
I had to 'like' your post because of that other KC song, "That's the Way I Like It"

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Newly listed at HIC's Mixes: Dulce de Leche Churros

Dulce de leche is a milky, sweet caramel made by boiling sweetened, condensed milk until it caramelizes. It's often used as a filling, dip, or drizzle on desserts.

The cinnamon sugar flavor on these churros tastes like white-sugar-cinnamon, brighter and sweeter than a brown sugar flavor.

Combine those, make it a bakery vape, and it's delicious! You can taste the sweet cinnamon bit separately from the underlying caramel. It's an effect I'm sure enjoying.

Dulce de Leche Churros is just a step away from cinnamon-sugar cookies and snickerdoodles, so I included notes in the recipe to help you make both of those, too. It's a recipe best for DIYers with some experience, because flavorings are used as low as 0.5% and must be measured pretty accurately to get the right effect.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Newly listed at HIC's Mixes: Dulce de Leche Churros

Dulce de leche is a milky, sweet caramel made by boiling sweetened, condensed milk until it caramelizes. It's often used as a filling, dip, or drizzle on desserts.

The cinnamon sugar flavor on these churros tastes like white-sugar-cinnamon, brighter and sweeter than a brown sugar flavor.

Combine those, make it a bakery vape, and it's delicious! You can taste the sweet cinnamon bit separately from the underlying caramel. It's an effect I'm sure enjoying.

Dulce de Leche Churros is just a step away from cinnamon-sugar cookies and snickerdoodles, so I included notes in the recipe to help you make both of those, too. It's a recipe best for DIYers with some experience, because flavorings are used as low as 0.5% and must be measured pretty accurately to get the right effect.
Downloaded three of your scrumptious recipes this afternoon, and plan on treating myself to a couple a week till I have the rest of them....now let's go flavor shoppin'....lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Two new recipes at HIC's Mixes:
Sweet Watermelon Juice and Grapeade & Purple Punch

Tired of winter yet? Here are some sweet, fruity recipes (made with all FA fruits) to remind you of summertime, despite that sidewalk you still need to shovel.

Sweet Watermelon Juice: FA’s hyper-realistic Watermelon (including seeds and green rind, ew) is NOT the sweet “red” melon I wanted, so I fixed it! Other popular FA fruits combine to make Watermelon red-ripe, sweet, fresh, and juicy. The recipe explains the effect of each supporting flavor, useful information for all DIYers using fruit flavors. If you haven’t found your ideal red watermelon flavor, I hope you’ll try the recipe that finally ended my search.

Grapeade and Purple Punch: If you’ve vaped my Purple Cow, you already know FA Grape Concord can be tamed into sweet grape juice. That recipe uses cream and vanilla to do the trick. Grapeade uses FA fruits instead. Grapeade is a kiddie-grape drink, more like sno-cones and popsicles than Welch’s. (I included quick tips for making some grape-juice-blend flavors, too.) Grapeade also mixes well with other FA fruits. Purple Punch is one example. It's a berry-grape party-punch that reminds me of the purple cans and bottles many moms try to keep away from their kids.

These are sweet fruit recipes - sweeter than you might think FA flavors can create. Fruit-flavor-sweetened vapes taste SO much fresher and more natural than those with Sucralose or “Cotton Candy” sweeteners. You still get the sweetness, but none of that “diet” aftertaste or plastic-chemical flavor.

Last edited:
New to the board, but have been DIYing for a while now using mostly TPA. A friend of mine suggested switching over to FA and I haven't looked back.

After trying a few recipes of your HIC, I can safely say I won't be going back to TPA. Bought a couple of your recipes (blueberry smoothie and lemon soda) and both are fantastic! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into creating these recipes! You are a true asset to the community. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

vabch22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is a great idea. I really just started DIY and have been following HIC as well as a few others. I picked up a few to try and I cannot wait to try them out. Plus I wanted to support HIC some for all his R&D and tasting notes. Hopefully these recipes will do better than mine and hold up at around .5ohms. Some of my juices taste good at 1.2ohm, but when I give them to my friend to try he uses sub ohms and they have no flavor at all. I usually do a 70vg/30pg mix.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This is a great idea. I really just started DIY and have been following HIC as well as a few others. I picked up a few to try and I cannot wait to try them out. Plus I wanted to support HIC some for all his R&D and tasting notes. Hopefully these recipes will do better than mine and hold up at around .5ohms. Some of my juices taste good at 1.2ohm, but when I give them to my friend to try he uses sub ohms and they have no flavor at all. I usually do a 70vg/30pg mix.

I wish "someone would write a book" on the rules of sub ohming. More flavoring? Less flavoring? Which flavors hold up well? I don't sub ohm, so I can't provide any insight other than what I've read from others - and that seems to sometimes conflict!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
One more new one this weekend at HIC's Mixes : Neapolitan Ice Cream

This is a fun one: strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream. The three flavors are so equally balanced, the "lead" flavor seems to switch around from puff to puff. Focus on one, and that's the one you taste the most. Vape-ertainment for the snowy weekend. :D

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HIC...love your concept on how to share your recipes! Any chance you will offer a subscription?

@carrielsal , I've considered some kind of subscription service, but the plans I've thought about all have problems. What if I run into a dry spell and don't like what I'm mixing (happens now and then). What if the subscriber quits vaping or DIYing. What if I go on a tobacco-flavors kick but a subscriber doesn't vape those.

I'm sure interested in hearing how you (or anyone else interested in a subscription-based setup) would envision it working - especially if it could cover all those possibilities.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes : English Allsorts
English Allsorts.jpg

Vape some Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts: brightly sweet, fruity candy with coconut, mild chocolate, anise, and undertones of treacle-licorice. This one is sweet on the tongue when you start to inhale, and the sweetness carries all the way through the exhale. FA Licorice is made light, bright, and fruity - nothing heavy, dark, or too herbal here.

It took 3 bags of candies to get this right - Bassetts classic assortment, Taveners Proper Sweets, and a horrible American version I set aside for mean kids next Halloween. Figuring other people might also have their Bassetts or Taveners favorites, I made this a very flexible recipe. It explains how to leave out the flavors you don't want and add more of your favorites.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@carrielsal , I've considered some kind of subscription service, but the plans I've thought about all have problems. What if I run into a dry spell and don't like what I'm mixing (happens now and then). What if the subscriber quits vaping or DIYing. What if I go on a tobacco-flavors kick but a subscriber doesn't vape those.

I'm sure interested in hearing how you (or anyone else interested in a subscription-based setup) would envision it working - especially if it could cover all those possibilities.
Hmmm, a subscription...neat idea! Maybe their could be different subscriptions offered example...1 month trial at a price with option to upgrade to 3 or 6 mos ? As for what flavors you mix up...kinda like a magazine...articles change and such. You could state this upfront as well as never knowing the amount of recipes you put out...maybe if u hit a dry spell, you could post possible notes, ideas? I mean when people buy a magazine they don't read everything always. Idk! I love u no matter what u do!

vabch22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@HIC - The subscription month to month may be a good idea. Or if it is cost effective, I doubt anyone would mind paying the annual fee and should they stop vaping, they wouldn't be out too much. Or maybe a perk of a subscription allows users to request items. That should keep you busy and avoid downtime. :) It's not like you have a real life outside of VU or anything. That is nonsense.

Last edited:

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HIC - The subscription month to month may be a good idea. Or if it is cost effective, I doubt anyone would mind paying the annual fee and should they stop vaping, they wouldn't be out too much. Or maybe a perk of a subscription allows users to request items. That should keep you busy and avoid downtime. :) It's not like you have a real life outside of VU or anything. That is nonsense.
I'm not picking on you vabch22 but this is why I don't think that HIC should have a subscription set up. HIC, until now, has done a great job working on his own, with no pressure. He is well liked and respected for what he has done. That being said, if people pay for a subscription they will expect more. That's just human nature. People will through requests at him and HIC being the nice guy that he is will try to meet that request. If he can't, or if the requester is not happy...... what then?? Bad publicity > unhappy subscriber's > return the subscribers money or just beat his brains out to satisfy the customer?? Way too much pressure the way I see it. With the pressure can/will come a dislike for what he does best.....then what??
Now I'm not saying that anyone here on VU would be like that, but so far he is a small operation and just starting out. I am sure down the road the word will get out and more people that don't know him or have never been here on VU will see his site and they are the ones that worry me.
HIC has done just fine so far and that is the way I think he should stay.
> No pressure
> Works on his own time table
> makes what he feels is right
> and probably sleeps good at night in doing so.
Just my 2 cents
you_can_agree_with_me_or_you_can_be_wrong_mug-rb95f661c577b4e42a524e96be048a72c_x7jyq_8byvr_324.jpg
xigKR9ajT.gif

Last edited:

VU Sponsors