Become a Patron!

Hobbies

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a quick finish to get this one done. Probably paint tomorrow. On to the next.

EDIT : wore the carving glove this time. Lol
ff82b95ec9bc7235dd5b256a3ecc10ac.jpg

That is so cool!! You’re getting good at these, MM. <3 <3
Glad you wore the glove!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coffee scoop anyone?.was going to be a spoon but the handle kept shrinking. Lol. It's a piece of cedar I cut at work a while back. Started with a hatchet. Moved to knife. Sanded with 220 and 320 and finished with food grade mineral oil.
089b30cce8ebd1bd15585249c959f9fc.jpg
887eb25de27cf5d6f47e8fc986a7ebe1.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Coffee scoop anyone?.was going to be a spoon but the handle kept shrinking. Lol. It's a piece of cedar I cut at work a while back. Started with a hatchet. Moved to knife. Sanded with 220 and 320 and finished with food grade mineral oil.
089b30cce8ebd1bd15585249c959f9fc.jpg
887eb25de27cf5d6f47e8fc986a7ebe1.jpg

That’s cute! The wood is red like that? If you isolate, you’ll end up being really good at carving! :teehee:

Is that your injured hand? It looks all healed up, thankfully!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That’s cute! The wood is red like that? If you isolate, you’ll end up being really good at carving! :teehee:

Is that your injured hand? It looks all healed up, thankfully!
Yea it's actually a juniper bush I yanked out a while back. Reddish purple is the color. Hand is healed up good now. Still wearing the gloves. Added some mineral oil for the finish. One more coat and it'll be go.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No fork'n but here's a spoon. Still gotta sand and finish it up. Tomorrow. But the wife needed a mixing spoon. For kool-aid and tea and whatever. Not much grain to this one for a piece of cedar.
EDIT: not sure why my photos are looking crappy lately.
5f60261931bceb5a70045f2748478fa0.jpg
3ccd5697126349908b184c462d438374.jpg

I work with kids for a living, I have kids of my own, and then I have a second job that involves kids. So my hobbies are pretty much anything that gets me away from kids for a couple of hours a week.

In a former life I was a pilot. Now it's just my hobby, but it's a good (and expensive) hobby!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My hobby is fishing. Which is banned at the moment so have to wait.
I love chasing big trout with soft plastics. Also perch using softies as well.
Nothing like a big trout sneakily take it, slowly moves off, then it realises hooked and explodes in huge reel screaming runs.
20200413_125812(1).jpg
6lb Brown ,Pink Ttail                                    IMG_20141024_151339-1.jpg
Photo057.jpg
IMG_20140721_121757.jpg
FISH3.jpg
RED HOT 2 hrs on red curly tails.jpg

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remote Control vehicles...Electric and nitro engine powered...Started in 92 and havent quit....I hold a 2008 regional championship in Nitro powered 1/8 scale buggy and 1/10 scale nitro stadium truck...Currently big into off road scale trailing and rock crawling...I attended the 2019 Crawl-a-Palooza scale events in Disney Oklahoma.

Currently own over 100 rc in my collection...heres just a few.

20191225_175540_Film3.jpg 20191224_151411_Film3.jpg 20191224_190547_Film3.jpg 20191221_211718_Film3.jpg 20191207_102451_Film3.jpg 20190902_164341_Film3.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Remote Control vehicles...Electric and nitro engine powered...Started in 92 and havent quit....I hold a 2008 regional championship in Nitro powered 1/8 scale buggy and 1/10 scale nitro stadium truck...Currently big into off road scale trailing and rock crawling...I attended the 2019 Crawl-a-Palooza scale events in Disney Oklahoma.

View attachment 158677 View attachment 158678 View attachment 158679 View attachment 158680 View attachment 158681 View attachment 158683
That'd be awesome. Have seen people here using them on a sports oval not far from us. They'd be a ton of fun for sure.
I've often thought of using an RC boat on the lakes to get a bait right out to the depths. My luck a pelican would swoop it up and game over. :D

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That'd be awesome. Have seen people here using them on a sports oval not far from us. They'd be a ton of fun for sure.
I've often thought of using an RC boat on the lakes to get a bait right out to the depths. My luck a pelican would swoop it up and game over. :D

Lol yea that would be something to see.

Look up rc fishing on youtube..some cool stuff on there.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Lol yea that would be something to see.

Look up rc fishing on youtube..some cool stuff on there.
There are some pretty good ones on there. Surely would be a market for a dedicated fishing one that had cameras to see underwater and a fishfinder relaying it all back to a screen on the controller.
Now that would be cool. Probably already is one for all I know.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

View attachment 158677 View attachment 158678 View attachment 158679 View attachment 158680 View attachment 158681 View attachment 158683

I quit long time ago cuz stuff got expensive for me. I’m a road car guy, back then my dads cousins in-laws ran a hobby store in Hong Kong and they were official distributor of Tamiya. I used to get a lot of mini 4wd when I was a kid, but Tamiya never gave u a motor (u have to buy that outside) while the other company called auldey in China always included a shitty motor lol.

I remember asking them to bring me stuff when they visit, but after they sold their business that was it..........well that was when I realized how lucky I was and how I can’t believe how poor I went lol.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I collect Funko figures. Pops! Mystery Minis and Dorbz
Here's most of my collection.
241316f2d3d9fc270f276b2480df133f.jpg
9b3722a09cf860b22eae969f4fb39535.jpg
7cc522ed974fcb1df66415148059335f.jpg
df0b7dd2089b4728a84ee1b2c98ff089.jpg
69bdf4f37e0b1aecf6d3bac519c33f68.jpg
a98c150e335a70106e003b0e6538ecca.jpg
c5ec1b64c006d176c876a258a2f35c49.jpg
04bdcedddf287de74d338e9a99156310.jpg
Pop marts, I never got in to funko but there a company in China call pop mart. They make some pretty cute things and kinda got me into collecting again. (Feel like collecting again) what’s interesting is they also have mysterious boxes I believe. (Not too sure on that)

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pop marts, I never got in to funko but there a company in China call pop mart. They make some pretty cute things and kinda got me into collecting again. (Feel like collecting again) what’s interesting is they also have mysterious boxes I believe. (Not too sure on that)
Funko has mystery boxes. And all of the mini figures pictured are called Mystery Minis and are sold in a blind box. You buy the box not knowing what character is in it.

Too bad there isn't much resale value in these tho unless you sell online. Lots of money in those pictures that I sure could use now lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Funko has mystery boxes. And all of the mini figures pictured are called Mystery Minis and are sold in a blind box. You buy the box not knowing what character is in it.

Too bad there isn't much resale value in these tho unless you sell online. Lots of money in those pictures that I sure could use now lol.

I used to collect vintage stuff like books and even some watches. But the resell is so hard, afaik. Especially now, but if you can find someone, it might be worth it.

Those figures are cute, though.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Have you spoken to @Rooster Cogburn?
Hi, no, obviously then he likes his fishing too. My Father got me into fishing, he was a mad Trout fisherman, and as a kid every opportunity we got we went fishing. Amazing great memories of our times doing so. He grew up in the bush and knew everything about it and taught it all to me, fishing, hunting, survival the lot. Every time I make a good catch I attribute it all to his fishing wisdom. Funny though, he wasn't a big fan of eating fish. But he spent 15 yrs in the Aus Navy before I was born, he was a gunner on the twin bofers, but one of his best friends was the ships cook. My dad was an awesome cook because of it learning from his mate and on the ships every chance he got he fished. Once I caught a beautiful 5 lb brown trout and he said "leave it to me, im going to cook this one". He did it in some special red wine sauce recipe he learnt with mushrooms and who knows what else.
To this day, that was 35 yrs ago when I was a kid, I still remember it and it was amazing. He even served it up to me as I sat at the table. One of my treasured memories of him.:)
Of course, my mum who loved trout, got some too. :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Before I quit smoking, I naturally spent a lot of time outdoors, so for a while, I had gardening for a hobby -- if I was gonna be out there, I wanted to have nice things to look at! :D So, in 2013, I put in these roses; since 2014, I haven't spent much time outdoors at all, but these roses... they're like a timex or something -- take a licking and keep on ticking! I was lazy and didn't prune them either in the fall OR in the late winter, so now I have this rose jungle (looks nice though!):

roses-041720-640x480.jpg

Andria

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

i dont know why, funkos just dont get to me but pop mart does. u should have a look at them.

im sort nerdy in a way, cuz im also in to video games, comics/anime and toys. now im into it but like not super crazy, cuz im not into a lot of the anime or comics out there. (back then i wanted to make sure i can still get pussy lol, not that i can but 1% is better then none right)

personally im a marvel guy, but i really love DCs work. mostly batman cuz the bad guys in here bring out the most flavor. (ok that doesnt look like im a marvel guy) im an iron man cuz hes rich and unlike batman, tony actually builds way cooler shit then bruce (batmans stuff is cool too but he doesnt have a talking suit) also fan of spiderman cuz of his senses. (im really afraid of spiders in real life)

im also in to anime, some of my faves are: dragon ball series, detective connan, salior moon, eva, gundam and a lot i dont remember at the moment (pretty tired right now). i try to follow the series as much as i can, but sometimes i just end up somewhere cuz i got lazy and then they move way to far that i just end up going "fuck it, lazy as fuck to follow"

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Timex has been using it for DECADES!

Andria
I live in the country, we're a bit behind the times :giggle:

Our advertising here is a world apart from Melbourne and other capital cities. There its all city based consumerism, here its sheep lice control, farm machinery high yeild crops and 4wd utes. Have not seen a Timex add since I was a kid. Do they still exist?
This is the only one I see here.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Made a magnet out of big beard. The other took longer to paint than it did to carve. First attempt at arms. Not planned so mixed two styles. It's Ok though
516648090c34af073ef09c5fb77ad960.jpg
810e53e0f77d29049fd7df5c0cd9d403.jpg
98eaadad69fefefef1e98d6842a94067.jpg
I could see them taking off like Pokemon with people having them hanging from their rear views, on their work desks, kids swapping them, special edition Golden ones going for thou's on eBay. Even TV shows doing stories on the new craze sweeping the world. The Beardies. Get carving!

VU Sponsors