Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

F

fckaugust8th

There's gonna be a DNA 133 flask? I'll bet they won't ship to California. Maan, that just sucks!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Let me know what you think on the limitless! You have the avocado right? 22 or 24?
I'll let you know. Yes on the flask. Do a Google search. It's real nice looking. Just hope Vapor Shark doesn't use that shitty coating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmmm really wondering how limitless compares. Both seem great.
Ecig.com has the limitless for $19 but only in black. Gotta type it in the search bar. Everyone else is $25 or better.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack , you hope vapor shark doesn't use the shitty coating, I hope they don't use that super expensive shitty pricing scale:confused:. I keep "winning giveaways" , but tha stinky is getting deep and my better half is starting to get wise to the "giveaways":headbang:
Yeah their pricing is kind of ridiculous but I love the form factor of the flask and the DNA is one of my favorite boards. So, I might go over my usual price on this one.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm really wondering how limitless compares. Both seem great.
I'm sure this post is going to be loved by the masses, but here goes (extreme sarcasm).

I wouldn't but another Geekvape product because of their customer service (details in this thread:
The Attack of the 25mm Atomizers - AKA Gotta Love Vape Mail). To this day, I've still never received a response from them.

The best RTA I've ever tried is the Aromamizer Supreme. It has phenomenal build quality, excellent, flavor, doesn't leak, direct to the coils airflow, separate JFC and AFC, and easy as pie to build/wick.

Another RTA that I really like (if you are looking for a 22mm) is the Billow V2, just a great RTA that never leaks with very good flavor. I think the whole Billow series is actually pretty good but the V2 is my favorite. I've yet to try the V3 but I do have the V3 Plus (25mm)

As for Ijoy, I bought the Asolo which I wasn't really thrilled with so I haven't tried their attys. They might be good but if my first purchase from a company doesn't thrill me, I don't tend to make a second. There are just too many choices for me to do that. Just my experiences and sure others will differ. YMMV and all that jazz.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure this post is going to be loved by the masses, but here goes (extreme sarcasm).

I wouldn't but another Geekvape product because of their customer service (details in this thread:
The Attack of the 25mm Atomizers - AKA Gotta Love Vape Mail). To this day, I've still never received a response from them.

The best RTA I've ever tried is the Aromamizer Supreme. It has phenomenal build quality, excellent, flavor, doesn't leak, direct to the coils airflow, separate JFC and AFC, and easy as pie to build/wick.

Another RTA that I really like (if you are looking for a 22mm) is the Billow V2, just a great RTA that never leaks with very good flavor. I think the whole Billow series is actually pretty good but the V2 is my favorite. I've yet to try the V3 but I do have the V3 Plus (25mm)

As for Ijoy, I bought the Asolo which I wasn't really thrilled with so I haven't tried their attys. They might be good but if my first purchase from a company doesn't thrill me, I don't tend to make a second. There are just too many choices for me to do that. Just my experiences and sure others will differ. YMMV and all that jazz.

Cheers,
Steve
Asolo, lmfao I love that name.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never get one from ecig.com, it just shows up within a few days. They've shipped fast, I hate to complain, but I like having a tracking #.
The big three (USPS, UPS, FedEx) have a way to sign up on their respective sites where when a shipment is sent to your address you get a text or email with tracking. This has saved me a lot of stress.

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
My slice is working out great so far. I hate that some of you got burned. I wouldn't give up on this little mod.

I put a twisted wire dual coil in one of my Derringers. 4 strands of 32 gauge A1 Kanthal. That stuff is usually temperamental about spitting and popping. The FSK chip somehow eliminated all that. I vaped it completely dry and kept sending power to the cotton. After continued effort to burn the cotton I gave up and pulled the wick. There was a light brown discoloration and I tried hard to burn it.

It's crazy how well the Hohmtech stuff works with Kanthal.

VaporJag

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My slice is working out great so far. I hate that some of you got burned. I wouldn't give up on this little mod.

I put a twisted wire dual coil in one of my Derringers. 4 strands of 32 gauge A1 Kanthal. That stuff is usually temperamental about spitting and popping. The FSK chip somehow eliminated all that. I vaped it completely dry and kept sending power to the cotton. After continued effort to burn the cotton I gave up and pulled the wick. There was a light brown discoloration and I tried hard to burn it.

It's crazy how well the Hohmtech stuff works with Kanthal.
How is your battery door?mine sounds like there's a family of crickets living inside .

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
88f55becc9ddc383ec478e3d2f575a8a.jpg
43a3162494d27bc917ffc81ab42b643c.jpg

Just got this in. I can get the button to barely stick at the beginning but haven't been able to since.

The great part is so far it is firing the boreas like a champ in xxx mode.

Will report back more later tonight. Initial report is i want another one.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Slice update: I tracked the package to ensure my janky Slice was delivered back to Hohmtech. After I reached out to Hohmtech today they said that they are shipping out my replacement Slice today. Let's see what happens. Oh yeah, still no shipping confirmation on the red one.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think your going to really like it, so far im happy

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can get my battery door to move around if I try, better magnets would have been nice. In use so far though I haven't noticed it. It's not even close to as bad as the Sig 150 TC and it's wiggly battery door.

VaporJag

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can get my battery door to move around if I try, better magnets would have been nice. In use so far though I haven't noticed it. It's not even close to as bad as the Sig 150 TC and it's wiggly battery door.
If you press the side of the door where the indent is to lift it off does it make a loud click?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You really can't make this shit up. Just got a follow up email from Hohmtech stating that they are not replacing my device. They are replacing the button and it's going to take another 7-12 days. Yeah, I'm calling there right now.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really can't make this shit up. Just got a follow up email from Hohmtech stating that they are not replacing my device. They are replacing the button and it's going to take another 7-12 days. Yeah, I'm calling there right now.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuullllshit!

Little does Hohm tech know, they are pissing off one of the guys who is single handedly propping up the entire vape market :)

Give em' hell, deuces.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Buuuuuuuuuuuuullllshit!

Little does Hohm tech know, they are pissing off one of the guys who is single handedly propping up the entire vape market :)

Give em' hell, deuces.
Lmao.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you press the side of the door where the indent is to lift it off does it make a loud click?

If I push it from the back it does slide the door in a little more, I have to push it with my finger or thumb, in the palm of my hand when holding it I can't get it to do that.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dayum that sucks @Deucesjack , straight up bullshit like @skt239 mentioned.

I have spent hundreds on deals that deuces clued us in on, I was planning on just sending him a credit card to just get 1 for me of whatever he is getting.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That kind of customer service guarantees I'll never buy one of their products. I absolutely mean that. That is utter and total Bullshit!

Edit I don't know if it's the impending regs or what, but it seems like some companies have basically said Fuck the customer. Geekvape also falls in that category for me. You can look at the Hcigar thread and see if a company does me right, I'll back them up to the nth degree. You can also rest assured if you screw me over I won't forget it and I'll be more than happy to let others know !

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I just got off the phone with Hohmtech. So here's the updated situation. One thing I have to say right from the get go is that it's really nice to have a real live person answer the phone in today's day and age. Especially when you're calling to have an issue resolved. It's very refreshing to have a live person to speak to in that type of situation. Some rep answered the phone and I started to explain my dilemma. Things got a little heated and I heard a voice in the background say do you want me to speak to him, give me the phone I want to talk to him. The next words I hear are Hi, this is Ben I'm the Director of Operations how can I help you? I said wait you're the guy from the videos? He says yes that’s me. I went on to tell him how I love his product and I own multiple G2's. I explained to him my situation regarding the sticky firing button and the delayed red Slice. He assured me that the red Slice is going out this week and that the problem with the pigment in the mold was totally unforeseen. I told him I understand that but its still not fair to your customers that you pre sold a product that you couldn’t deliver in a timely manner. He agreed. My response was look its bad enough you delayed 1 of the 2 mods I ordered then the one you send me is faulty. Come on man how would you feel? He said I understand but the sticky firing button only happened on 2% of the mods we sent out. 2% of the buttons were to thin and that's what's causing the problem. So if I send you a new one there is a slight chance you get another bad button but if you can wait the 7-12 days I can guarantee you'll never have a problem with that button again. I said Ok you're the Director of Operations and he said yes I am. I said so you have a little bit of pull at Hohmtech and he chuckled and said yes I do. Do you have any black Slices in your possession right now? He said yes I do. Well, why don't you send one of your tech's to grab one, crack it open, check my button for me and send it out. He said is that all you want? I said that's all I want. He said done. I ended the conversation by telling him I love the videos and appreciate what you just did for me. I have to say that Ben was very gracious and accommodating. 15 minutes after I got off the phone with Ben I had a tracking number. According to the confirmation they sent out my red one as well which was a real pleasant surprise. Hopefully I'm all Sliced up by the end of the week. Let's see what happens. I will say in closing that I do think they are a great company. They just have no social skills and need to be led in the right direction when conversing with them. It's kind of a shame but I guess sooner or later they are going to learn their lesson. I would still buy from them in the future because they do listen when you call and I absolutely love my G2's. I just wouldn’t do a pre order from them or anybody else ever again.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats awesome to hear deuces. I spoke to ben on the phone once as well when i was having problems the first day with my G2 and tanks not always making a connection. He was real nice and turns out the problem corrected itself.
Real happy to hear they cleared up the problem for you.....now what's the address to send you my credit card....

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I just got off the phone with Hohmtech. So here's the updated situation. One thing I have to say right from the get go is that it's really nice to have a real live person answer the phone in today's day and age. Especially when you're calling to have an issue resolved. It's very refreshing to have a live person to speak to in that type of situation. Some rep answered the phone and I started to explain my dilemma. Things got a little heated and I heard a voice in the background say do you want me to speak to him, give me the phone I want to talk to him. The next words I hear are Hi, this is Ben I'm the Director of Operations how can I help you? I said wait you're the guy from the videos? He says yes that’s me. I went on to tell him how I love his product and I own multiple G2's. I explained to him my situation regarding the sticky firing button and the delayed red Slice. He assured me that the red Slice is going out this week and that the problem with the pigment in the mold was totally unforeseen. I told him I understand that but its still not fair to your customers that you pre sold a product that you couldn’t deliver in a timely manner. He agreed. My response was look its bad enough you delayed 1 of the 2 mods I ordered then the one you send me is faulty. Come on man how would you feel? He said I understand but the sticky firing button only happened on 2% of the mods we sent out. 2% of the buttons were to thin and that's what's causing the problem. So if I send you a new one there is a slight chance you get another bad button but if you can wait the 7-12 days I can guarantee you'll never have a problem with that button again. I said Ok you're the Director of Operations and he said yes I am. I said so you have a little bit of pull at Hohmtech and he chuckled and said yes I do. Do you have any black Slices in your possession right now? He said yes I do. Well, why don't you send one of your tech's to grab one, crack it open, check my button for me and send it out. He said is that all you want? I said that's all I want. He said done. I ended the conversation by telling him I love the videos and appreciate what you just did for me. I have to say that Ben was very gracious and accommodating. 15 minutes after I got off the phone with Ben I had a tracking number. According to the confirmation they sent out my red one as well which was a real pleasant surprise. Hopefully I'm all Sliced up by the end of the week. Let's see what happens. I will say in closing that I do think they are a great company. They just have no social skills and need to be led in the right direction when conversing with them. It's kind of a shame but I guess sooner or later they are going to learn their lesson. I would still buy from them in the future because they do listen when you call and I absolutely love my G2's. I just wouldn’t do a pre order from them or anybody else ever again.
Wow I'm really impressed with this deuces. Doesn't change how I feel about the situation but definitely opens my eyes up to what the company is and what they stand for.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats awesome to hear deuces. I spoke to ben on the phone once as well when i was having problems the first day with my G2 and tanks not always making a connection. He was real nice and turns out the problem corrected itself.
Real happy to hear they cleared up the problem for you.....now what's the address to send you my credit card....

You don't have to send me a credit card. You can thank me by picking me up a Vapor Shark DNA133 Flask. Lmfao.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't have to send me a credit card. You can thank me by picking me up a Vapor Shark DNA133 Flask. Lmfao.

Whaaaaaaaaat, how about a Slice instead, slice of pizza that is, hell, ill even throw in a pitcher of beer......lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I'm glad they are taking care of you but imo it should never have come to the point of you having to call and get pissed off before someone was willing to do the right thing.
Steve you're 100% correct but in their defense at least they listen and take action. It might not happen as quickly as you'd like but the effort is there and in my book that buys you some leeway. I think they are genuine. They could have done a Sigelei and said Fuchai everyone.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whaaaaaaaaat, how about a Slice instead, slice of pizza that is, hell, ill even throw in a pitcher of beer......lol

Any time Bro, anytime your around my way I'd be happy to have a slice and a brew with you.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

VaporJag

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If I push it from the back it does slide the door in a little more, I have to push it with my finger or thumb, in the palm of my hand when holding it I can't get it to do that.
Thanks for the reply,Just trying to figure out if its only mine,or they all do that

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes it's 3A and only available in the LE :D

In all reality I didn't make it past 25% of my battery used before I boxed it back up for return.
What did yours go back for?

pghman

Member For 4 Years
What did yours go back for?

Hey Jack,
I'm the guy that brought the firing button problem up first in here. Also the door didn't fit correctly. I told vapor cube that I want a replacement not a fix right off the bat and they seemed to agree to that. Guess we will see.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The more I hear the less enthused I am about it. I am going to order the SMY SDNA 75. Only heard good things about it. Not enamoured of only 75 watts but should be fine in TC only. I have my mech series for POWER.

pghman

Member For 4 Years
The G2 is a phenomenal mod. The FSK chip is arguably the best on the market. I'm not ready to give up yet.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Jack,
I'm the guy that brought the firing button problem up first in here. Also the door didn't fit correctly. I told vapor cube that I want a replacement not a fix right off the bat and they seemed to agree to that. Guess we will see.

Yeah, man I'm thinking that 2% number is Bullshit. From what I have seen here and other forums it seems like a lot more than 2% of these mods have the firing button issue.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My slice still hasn't shipped :( Who knew the red ones would be the bestest ones and everyone would order them. My waiting game is very high standard by now though, honed by china - I will be OK :D

pghman

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, man I'm thinking that 2% number is Bullshit. From what I have seen here and other forums it seems like a lot more than 2% of these mods have the firing button issue.

I have thought that from the start. They told me friend with the same problem that the metal is thinner at one side of the sheet and his buttons must have been cut from the bad side. I'm simply not buying that story. However I do think that they are a good company and will make this right. I said I wouldn't pre-order and I technically I didn't lie but I did order within hours of the first shipping notices going out LOL

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My slice still hasn't shipped :( Who knew the red ones would be the bestest ones and everyone would order them. My waiting game is very high standard by now though, honed by china - I will be OK :D

Normally, I'm a very patient guy as well but as I have said before a pre order is different. On a pre order I am paying for the privilege of standing on line. That's the value that is added on a pre order. That's what I'm paying for. When a company takes your money and then makes you wait even longer and lets other people cut in front of you on that line, well that's just total bullshit in my book. They should have done a much better job communicating with the people they are making wait. If you knew those 2 colors were going to be such a problem then you should have done what China does. Release the colors you know you can pound out. How many times have you ordered a mod from China and a month later it's available in a different color? Happens all the time. I like Hohmtech but they dropped the ball on yet another release.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something is going on with the g2. Ecig doesn't even list it anymore and blackmvrket.la doesn't list it either. No ides how many ecig had but blackmvrket.la had like 5 of each color except black so no way they sold out.

VU Sponsors