Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

F

fckaugust8th

@Duecesjack, my "winning the giveaways " is how I explain to the BOSS the last few things I "accidentally " purchased. ...I must admit, I've "won" quite a few things lately so she must be getting wise to it but she hasn't really commented on it yet.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Duecesjack, my "winning the giveaways " is how I explain to the BOSS the last few things I "accidentally " purchased. ...I must admit, I've "won" quite a few things lately so she must be getting wise to it but she hasn't really commented on it yet.
Lol, I forgot all about "the contests" lmao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't see the slice on cloudy vapors website... hmmm wonder what's up with that. Use to be able to type in slice at the top search and it would pop up. Now it doesn't

Just an FYI, I spoke to Brent at the Cloudy Vapor. He said he stopped taking pre orders of the Slice because the pre order part is done. He will have them listed tonight as regular stock.

F

fckaugust8th

My Slice status has changed to Delivered in mail box! I'm diggin' the red slice with the black alleria. A quick question, is the slice the same size as the stout?

F

fckaugust8th

The Alleria allegria...hohm wrecker and slice side by side. 14661372488191651586523.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I must say vaporcube is super fast on shipping. I should have my slice tomorrow. Bad is the batteries aren't here yet.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Alleria. My only regret with it is that I only have one LOL. I love how they did the jfc. Very original.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

F

fckaugust8th

I ordered 2 more Allerias on e-bay, the SS ones, $19.99 free shipping, they come from the SubtankSupply store. My problem is, since I loaded up on silver G2s, should I get the silver Slice too? Honestly, I don't really care for the silver color but considering the way this mod performs, I'll get over it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered 2 more Allerias on e-bay, the SS ones, $19.99 free shipping, they come from the SubtankSupply store. My problem is, since I loaded up on silver G2s, should I get the silver Slice too? Honestly, I don't really care for the silver color but considering the way this mod performs, I'll get over it.
I did the same thing. My original order for the Slice was a Silver one but a day later I changed it to red. Two days later I found a coupon code and ordered a black. Glad I did because the red is really red. I'll use the black when I'm in stealth mode. I have a G2 in silver and as much as I love that mod I like the Slice better. I don't see myself getting another G2 but I could see myself grabbing another Slice. Maybe a silver or blue. Oh what the hell probably both who am I kidding. Lol

F

fckaugust8th

Originally I pre-ordered a red and a blue slice, got mad with the delay and cancelled the blue. Now I'm kicking myself, but I'm on the prowl for a VF 133.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Originally I pre-ordered a red and a blue slice, got mad with the delay and cancelled the blue. Now I'm kicking myself, but I'm on the prowl for a VF 133.
Dude, have ever seen the Dicodes Dani Flask? Best looking flask out there but way out of my price range. Dream mod for sure.

F

fckaugust8th

I just found this on the HOHM TECH FB page-: HohmTech Just so we can try and save others from making similar mistake...AVOID using any cell over 4500mAh in the Hohm Slice, as the cell amp draw capabilities are deminished...and you will extinguish batteries faster and achieve lower performance than 26650 cells between 4000-4400mAh. Not a sales pitch: TRULY CONSIDER GETTING HOHM GROWN 26650. We do not make the cell, it is however a finely tuned cell that is leading the league of 26650's and will easily achieve both amp draw and mAh hunters.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Slice status has changed to Delivered in mail box! I'm diggin' the red slice with the black alleria. A quick question, is the slice the same size as the stout?

The Slice is 6mm taller than the Stout and about 7 grams heavier.

Looks wise I love the SS Stout, I just wish they would have made the screen a lot brighter as it sucks trying to read it in the sun. The Slice looks the best with a 22mm tank, the SS Steam Engine looks like it was designed to go with the Stout but performance wise the Slice has it beat.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did the same thing. My original order for the Slice was a Silver one but a day later I changed it to red. Two days later I found a coupon code and ordered a black. Glad I did because the red is really red. I'll use the black when I'm in stealth mode. I have a G2 in silver and as much as I love that mod I like the Slice better. I don't see myself getting another G2 but I could see myself grabbing another Slice. Maybe a silver or blue. Oh what the hell probably both who am I kidding. Lol

Me too, I love my G2 as well but if I had to pick one it would be the Slice as it just fits my lifestyle better. I will probably pick up the red or silver.......or both.....lol

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Hohm Grown 26650 and it performs really well. I also have the Basen, Green and Purple Efest and they have all been through the Slice and I can't complain on any of the performance, I can't tell a difference.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Debating on whether I should get a regular or LE Slice. Think it's worth getting the LE? I only have 1 more week to go

F

fckaugust8th

Phewwww! Thank you for that @mjag, I had just looked at the Basen and it was 4500....I panicked and was about to get some mxjo...

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Hohm Grown 26650 and it performs really well. I also have the Basen, Green and Purple Efest and they have all been through the Slice and I can't complain on any of the performance, I can't tell a difference.
Glad to warmed us. Knowing me, I would have gotten the 4500 's myself LOL

F

fckaugust8th

@midknight420 , I was debating the same conundrum, but I already have an LE, so for me it is not as critical. The LE has a 3 amp charging doohicky so it will charge faster than the regular. If the faster charge time is worth the extra $10 go for it.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@midknight420 , I was debating the same conundrum, but I already have an LE, so for me it is not as critical. The LE has a 3 amp charging doohicky so it will charge faster than the regular. If the faster charge time is worth the extra $10 go for it.
If that is the only difference then not really. I have a charger coming so I'll be using that mostly. Thanks for the reply.

F

fckaugust8th

@midknight420 , the only other difference I can see is the ohm symbol on the LE version vs the HOHM SLICE logo on the regular.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Basens are 4500!

I know in mooch's tests the Basen's are one of the highly rated 26650's. If the extra cost of the Hohm batteries doesn't bother you though I would personally get them instead though, they do seem to last a little longer but I was figuring that was because it is a new cell instead of the month or 2 old basens I have. I was lucky to order the hohm pair during thecloudyvapor.com memorial day sale so for $10 each shipped it was a no brainer.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I know the fire button and the up/down button. What is the topmost button for though? Sorry if it's a dumb question LOL

F

fckaugust8th

That is the power button (on/off) and you need to press that button and the up/down button to get into the menus.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh ok. That was really bugging me. I like that, no hitting the fire button over and over to get to the menus.

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is a lot of love for the G2 and Hohm Slice, and very well should be!

As much as I'd hate to say it, the Hohm Slice doesn't seem to be for me. It's a very nice mod, however I'm just not loving it. I kind of relate it to my preference of Android vs Apple. There's nothing wrong with Apple products, they are very good. Just not what I'm used to and comfortable with so I'm constantly doing things backwards and wrong when someone hands me an iPhone.

Alas, I'll return to my DNA and hunt for another one for a backup. If anyone wants to retire a DNA device and is looking to trade for a silver LE Hohm Slice with 4 Basen Black 26650s and possibly an eFest LUC V4 charger just hit me up.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I got the basen batteries based on this thread. Not getting any others now. As long as they don't make smoke come from the fsk chip I can live with charging a little more often.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in a trade negotiation right now and I could end up with a black hohm slice. Does anyone know if the hohm tech warranty (if such a thing exist) is transferable?

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm in a trade negotiation right now and I could end up with a black hohm slice. Does anyone know if the hohm tech warranty (if such a thing exist) is transferable?

Sorry according to the website no. http://www.vaporcube.com/hohm-warranty.html

LIMITATIONS OF COVERAGE:
Hohm Tech provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of a Hohm Tech product purchased from an authorized Hohm Tech reseller and/or licensed vendor.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmmm... With my luck I'll end up with the button problem.
Tbh these guys don't run a sophisticated place. I don't even see them checking or asking for a receipt or proof of purchase. I can't see them not fixing the thing if there's a problem. That's just my opinion.

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tbh these guys don't run a sophisticated place. I don't even see them checking or asking for a receipt or proof of purchase. I can't see them not fixing the thing if there's a problem. That's just my opinion.

I agree only based on what I have read in these forums about contacting them for various issues. They seem to be very safety conscious and sticky buttons are a big hazard. I have my doubts they would blow anyone off having the issue.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why is everyone waiting on ecig.com to get slices before they order? Is it a price thing?

Price and customer service. They normally don't have the latest and the greatest right away but what they do have they are normally tough to beat price wise. The customer service is the best I have seen in this business. They just stand behind everything they sell.

VU Sponsors